NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:08 pm

wolfking wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go - Page 3 Giphy
    That’s no way to treat those struggling to stay in the top 10,000 Wolfie.
    Weiland
    Weiland

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 67 - Only two threads to go

Post by Weiland Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Kind of thinking of doing Ponga/Koula to CHT/Burton. Need a centre this week so it may as well be a keeper who can stay in the 17 for the year. CHT is just a cash out who can cover a couple of positions. Will hold onto RFM for now.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Hold on. They didn't come out on twitter or Facebook and make a statement about their views, as far as we know they wanted to keep their personal beliefs off the field. The nrl forced them into a position. If you want to allow everyone to be free to choose whatever they do or don't believe don't back people into a corner where their position needs to be exposed. They weren't hurting anyone.

Again, this is why I don't believe in using sport as an ideologic tool. It's the NRL's fault for trying to use this as a marketing opportunity. Don't mix personal beliefs with sport, it's simple.

Let sport be sport please for fucks sake.

Sport and politics mix. They always have and they always will, sorry nobody told you this before.

What is not a political issue, however, is believing that members of the LGBTQ+ community should be allowed to be members of society. That's human decency. Don't start about the players beliefs or any other bullshit, they are pulling this because they are homophobic, plain and simple, they use the bible as a crutch to support their backwards beliefs. They don't seem to have a problem with tattoos, premarital sex, or sharing a change room with a literal wife beater. Odd place to draw the line, no?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Any word on Garner's injury specifics? It looks like I lost both Garner and Koula as backup CTR this week! May need to dip into more trades than I intended to.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    That’s no way to treat those struggling to stay in the top 10,000 Wolfie.

Just stirring mate lol.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:10 pm

wolfking wrote:

Why makes you want to bring him in?
    was looking at ideally doing a double trade and that gave me 693k to spend and I need a Half as Burton is switching from bench to a starting centre. I just saw Moses 52 average and 57 form standing out as the top option. 

Could do a third trade (Palasai to 220k) to go up to Munster or Teddy (which moves Hynes to the Halves and essentially covers that).

Or i just go back to my Saab Koula to Aitken Mbye idea (Which keeps Burton as Halves cover)

Last edited by Holzman on Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:11 pm

Holzman wrote:Any reason people are trading out Moses, besides just fodder to bring in a super gun?

I was actually looking to potentially bring him in. Been scrambling abit with Koula Saab out.

but Koula Saab to Moses Mbye would actually be quite handy.

Koula Saab to Moses Mybe and who else? Razz

Last edited by mrbrownstone on Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:11 pm

lukeayee wrote:Props to thread title

I don't get it. 70 surely cums after 69.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:13 pm

wolfking wrote:

Just stirring mate lol.
    I know mate. Though with Ponga and RFM out Teddy and Mbye is the only combo I could come up with
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:13 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Hold on. They didn't come out on twitter or Facebook and make a statement about their views, as far as we know they wanted to keep their personal beliefs off the field. The nrl forced them into a position. If you want to allow everyone to be free to choose whatever they do or don't believe don't back people into a corner where their position needs to be exposed. They weren't hurting anyone.

Again, this is why I don't believe in using sport as an ideologic tool. It's the NRL's fault for trying to use this as a marketing opportunity. Don't mix personal beliefs with sport, it's simple.

Let sport be sport please for fucks sake.

Every major American sport has had something around pride round/game/merchandise etc. The NHL even have a whole pride month, the EPL did rainbow laces. This is not some completely brand new idea that the NRL is pioneering
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:14 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Koula Saab to Moses Maybe and who else? Razz
    Good pick up

Mitchell Moses
    Moses Mbye
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Weiland wrote:I have no fucking idea what to do with Ponga and RFM at their prices. I am pretty fucked.

RFM to Butcher is probably the best trade you can do
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:16 pm

I guess it’s probably a question that needs to be asked, who would you play at CTR this week?

Bird or Mbye?
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:16 pm

My trades: Koula to Mybe, RFM to Butcher and Lolo to Haas. Waiting on the decision with Dale if he's suspended I'll hold McInnes or turn him into Murray
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:18 pm

Actually, Koula to Mbye would be a much smarter idea if it is just for the week, and would provide a lot of funds for a keeper in any position for Ponga.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Lchy wrote:

Sport and politics mix. They always have and they always will, sorry nobody told you this before.

What is not a political issue, however, is believing that members of the LGBTQ+ community should be allowed to be members of society. That's human decency. Don't start about the players beliefs or any other bullshit, they are pulling this because they are homophobic, plain and simple, they use the bible as a crutch to support their backwards beliefs. They don't seem to have a problem with tattoos, premarital sex, or sharing a change room with a literal wife beater. Odd place to draw the line, no?

Are LGBTQ not allowed to be part of society? I should probably tell a few of the gay men in the office the NRL is going to save them.

BCT05 wrote:

Every major American sport has had something around pride round/game/merchandise etc. The NHL even have a whole pride month, the EPL did rainbow laces. This is not some completely brand new idea that the NRL is pioneering

Oh, the states. Great example. How would you say their social cohesion is at the moment? You are probably right, all this posturing in sport has probably helped.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Scenario:

It's fuck off racism round of the NRL. 7 Manly players say "sorry not playing because I don't support what the round perpetuates".

In this case should we just say: "not their fault their opinions and ideas were forced out into the public"

Of course not, we'd say fuck those racist fucks.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:24 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Are LGBTQ not allowed to be part of society? I should probably tell a few of the gay men in the office the NRL is going to save them.

Oh, the states. Great example. How would you say their social cohesion is at the moment? You are probably right, all this posturing in sport has probably helped.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/i-wore-my-manly-jersey-and-my-sexuality-with-pride-now-i-m-heartbroken-20220726-p5b4qq.html

Ian Roberts will say it better than I ever could. I can't believe there are real people who think not being homophobic is posturing or pandering, fucking lunacy
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:25 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Scenario:

It's fuck off racism round of the NRL. 7 Manly players say "sorry not playing because I don't support what the round perpetuates".

In this case should we just say: "not their fault their opinions and ideas were forced out into the public"

Of course not, we'd say fuck those racist fucks.

I would direct your attention to BLM which really took hold of American sport. Convince me that did more good then harm..

The True beauty of sport is it transcends differences in race, sexuality, religion and politics. It's equalises for everything other than sporting ability. Believe it or not that is what brings people together. Not pointing out differences like we seem to be so motivated to do now.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:28 pm

lukeayee wrote:

I would direct your attention to BLM which really took hold of American sport. Convince me that did more good then harm..

The True beauty of sport is it transcends differences in race, sexuality, religion and politics. It's equalises for everything other than sporting ability. Believe it or not that is what brings people together. Not pointing out differences like we seem to be so motivated to do now.
    The BLM movement (sport or not) did a lot of good in helping me identify people I don't associate with anymore.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:06 am