NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

The Betting Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Krump is right, it's option B. No clue in the STORM, it's more official than that.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:48 pm

big name player? big bet (using genuine inside knowledge)? or something minor but obviously against the rules?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:56 pm

I've heard rumours that Broncos are cheating the cap and have been found out by screenshots of text message conversation where the club and players wife are speaking about coming in to sign for some $$$. Probably all bullshit though.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Honeysett wrote:I've heard rumours that Broncos are cheating the cap and have been found out by screenshots of text message conversation where the club and players wife are speaking about coming in to sign for some $$$. Probably all bullshit though.

That would be the outside back who was looking like leaving in the off season but somehow was retained. Apparently the wife has been engaged as a carpenter. Not sure if she's good at handling wood or it's a cap rort.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Good thing Cuban stays in the fantasy thread or we'd be in trouble for gossiping.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Maybe semi tried upscaling his wages....
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:42 pm

I know its after the fact, but worth a share.

I backed the Crows +3.5 last night against the Hawks. Selected the option of +2.5 and before i submitted the wager the market changed and 2.5 was no longer available, only +3.5

After being in front by 15 points with about 3 minutes to go, the Crows lost 112-109.

Saved. Assy. Beautiful.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Have backed Ethan lowe to score a try anytime tonight.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:09 am

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Your Name on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Pouille in the mens tennis and siegemund in the womens huge chances at great odds to win there finals marches tonight. I follow tennis closely, and i cant see Pouille losing, he is about 2.50
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Lets hope Korbin and/or Taupau cross the white stripe today. Anytime tryscorers Basketball
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Revraiser wrote:Pouille in the mens tennis and siegemund in the womens huge chances at great odds to win there finals marches tonight. I follow tennis closely, and i cant see Pouille losing, he is about 2.50

Siegemund would not be out of place in a 70's German stick flick. Just looks like one of those vintage artistes.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:30 pm

SI wrote:

Siegemund would not be out of place in a 70's German stick flick.  Just looks like one of those vintage artistes.

Lol.

She got rolled in her final, but Pouille is rescheduled for 5pm today due to rain.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Both came undone.

Cant believe the warriors kept scoreless, amazing.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:34 am

Didn't realise there was a betting thread here. I shall try and start posting - I've been betting on sports since it was legal here in NZ and while the addiction of it has gotten the better of me over the years my claim to fame is having accounts at 4 major bookies effectively closed (after my betting history was reviewed) and taking a share of a $350k pools bet on the NZ TAB a few years back.

Just had a magic weekend bagging a pretty decent multi so looking to keep the $ rolling in.

My basic rules of thumb for this season. Don't back the Warriors, and don't back against the Broncos.

Will post a couple rugby bets too if thats ok? Thats my favoured sport, betting wise.

Early looks for this coming week (without seeing any odds) - SG to beat the Warriors and will probably multi up with Sydney and the Storm to boos the odds - thoughts?

Oh and I think the odds on the Chiefs over the Sharks in Union might be inflated after the Sharks beat the Highlanders last week and pushed the Blues pretty hard the week before. Trouble is both the Blues and Highlanders are complete rubbish at the moment (not to mention the Highlanders played most of the game a man down) so those results might result in the Sharks appearing a lot better than they actually are. I'd say the Chiefs are 13 point favs - will check out the books when they open.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:55 pm

all for more chat in the betting thread.

i am in no way a big $$ punter though i usually do ok for myself. generally get sucked into betting most games of the weekend. i'm too conservative these days so i stay away from multi's and just bet lines and/or h2h if the odds are attractive.

started the year really well but the last two weeks have really dug into the profit i had made (seemed to coincide with upping my standard bet size). bit disappointing haha, but still on the right side of the ledger.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:17 pm

lol, not that anyone should want to bet this game anyway- but the warriors are $1.55 favourites against hte dragons this week. dragons are on an 11 game winning streak against warriors haha.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm small time now too - just had a few beers in me and decided to go all in with some profit. Worked out well this weekend, but I'll be back to my smaller wagers this week.

I usually just try and pick and chose a couple games each weekend.

I looked at the Chiefs and they have them at a 10.5 start. I reckon they are about 3 points under so I will be taking that line before it moves.

Does anyone think Manly as a home dog might be worth considering? If so what odds/how many points start would you be willing to take them at?

EDIT - cancel that. I see Manly are due to lose both Stewart and TTrbo - too much disruption at the back for me.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:lol, not that anyone should want to bet this game anyway- but the warriors are $1.55 favourites against hte dragons this week. dragons are on an 11 game winning streak against warriors haha.

See that is ridiculous odds. Will probably get even better on the dumb arse NZ TAB too!! I'll think I'll be all over that. Whats the status of Mannering and Tui?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:EDIT - cancel that. I see Manly are due to lose both Stewart and TTrbo - too much disruption at the back for me.

looked at that with a bit of interest then realised this as well. would probably need to be at least +12.5 for me to consider it.

fucking cowboys though, had them to win 1-12 against the eels. all was looking fairly rosey.. morgan scores in the 74th min to make it a 12 pt lead, ok, sure, that will be fine, no more points please. cowboys get the ball in their own half with a full set and 45 seconds left on the clock. cool. play it easy guys. ruck it one out up the middle, the games over. no silly buggers. boot it out to end the game. nope. dickheads go on the attack and run in a try on the siren to blow the margin. i was fuming haha.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:35 pm