NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Music Thread

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

The Music Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Music Thread

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:19 pm

SI wrote:

As in they sell out straight away?

Within 5 min. Without fail.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Your Name wrote:
    SI wrote:The Cure and ATDI are nearly worth the trip themselves Very Happy

Mind you Jim Ward bailed or was booted before ATDI even started this current tour.  Bloke is the real genius behind them in my eyes.  Sparta and his solo stuff is awesome.

Cure will be doing side shows

I can live without seeing ATDI, but have never seen The Cure and have listened to them since '89. I checked their current schedule yesterday and it looks like there is 5 or 6 weeks around this that they aren't listed as playing. Hopefully that means they are moving around the capitals. Unfortunately more and more bands are choosing not to come to Perth.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:54 pm

I've seen the Cure 4 times this year will be 5

While this news may not come as a surprise to those who have caught wind of the rumours, it's the details surrounding the performances that are likely to cause the most commotion.

Since announcing the Vivid LIVE line up last month this year's curator, Modular head honcho Stephen Pavlovic, has been trying to coax the seminal UK outfit into putting together a special concert at the Sydney Opera House.

The result is The Cure "Reflections," a live-filmed, 3-hour set that spans the group's first three albums in full and features band members past and present. Including a rare appearance from founding member Lol Tolhurst.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Your Name wrote:I've seen the Cure 4 times this year will be 5

While this news may not come as a surprise to those who have caught wind of the rumours, it's the details surrounding the performances that are likely to cause the most commotion.

Since announcing the Vivid LIVE line up last month this year's curator, Modular head honcho Stephen Pavlovic, has been trying to coax the seminal UK outfit into putting together a special concert at the Sydney Opera House.

The result is The Cure "Reflections," a live-filmed, 3-hour set that spans the group's first three albums in full and features band members past and present. Including a rare appearance from founding member Lol Tolhurst.

I thought they did that a few years ago? Am I wrong or are they doing it again. Or I could be thinking of the Trilogy thingy they did a while ago?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:38 pm

They did the Trilogy thing at the Opera House and that was for Vivid also.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Other Australian dates announced soon Very Happy
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 pm

My mates band have a few songs out now if you want to check out some fresh Aussie talent. Band called St James sirens. Check out the song enigma at heart.

Also northlane and in hearts wake have released a 3 song collab that's pretty awesome
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Honeysett wrote:My mates band have a few songs out now if you want to check out some fresh Aussie talent. Band called St James sirens. Check out the song enigma at heart.

Also northlane and in hearts wake have released a 3 song collab that's pretty awesome

Any idea if they grew up in that suburb?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Honeysett wrote:My mates band have a few songs out now if you want to check out some fresh Aussie talent. Band called St James sirens. Check out the song enigma at heart.

t or
    If they aren't going to go the Australia's Got Talent or XXX Talent then they need to upload on https://www.triplejunearthed.com/
    And that's the link that needs to be shared
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:25 pm

SI wrote:

Any idea if they grew up in that suburb?

Pretty sure that's where they're recording most of their stuff. I think one of the guys lives there. Near Curtin Uni
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Your Name wrote:
    t or
    If they aren't going to go the Australia's Got Talent or XXX Talent then they need to upload on https://www.triplejunearthed.com/
    And that's the link that needs to be shared

I think they're going pretty good by doing gigs and stuff at the moment, they're getting a few more songs out and then I think that's where they'll go.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Splendour tickets gone in under an hour and the website shit itself again. Did you manage to get on RYNO?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:06 am

I sometimes watch country music clips just for the ladies wearing boots and short denim shorts.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:18 am

Mate of mine is the Drummer in a band called Columbia Buffet. Check out some of there clips/songs on youtube...

From Brisbane...
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Krump wrote:Splendour tickets gone in under an hour and the website shit itself again. Did you manage to get on RYNO?

@Krump, my mate gets presale tix on tuesday, so the Thursday sellout wasnt an issue.

But yeah, got em. Cant wait for day 1. Strokes, Avalanches, Violent Soho, 1975, Hermitude, DMAs, Emma Louise. Hope I can navigate the clashes.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 am

Someone please tell me I'm not going mad

Everyone I speak to prefers the 1975's new album over their old

Please reassure me that they are all fucking retards and I'm the sane one?

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 2:13 am

Welshy wrote:Someone please tell me I'm not going mad

Everyone I speak to prefers the 1975's new album over their old

Please reassure me that they are all fucking retards and I'm the sane one?

My 16 year old agrees with you. She has an extremely awesome taste in music for her generation: for example, her favourite band is Radiohead.

I would also like to take this opportunity to state that I was born in 1974, and thus feel The 1975 are a little over rated, but are from a generally good vintage.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 13, 2016 2:30 am

SI wrote:

My 16 year old agrees with you.  She has an extremely awesome taste in music for her generation: for example, her favourite band is Radiohead.

I would also like to take this opportunity to state that I was born in 1974, and thus feel The 1975 are a little over rated, but are from a generally good vintage.
    That's good to see mate and not the generic pop band following teen like mine...well she's 11 but she acts 17...does yours like Bloc Party? Silent Alarm was that good that even with all their follow up albums being...well mediocre in comparison they are still my favourite artist! Back to the 1975 .incredible first album followed up by mainly tripe! Made it in the US though, which explains A lot!!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 13, 2016 2:51 am

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:

My 16 year old agrees with you.  She has an extremely awesome taste in music for her generation: for example, her favourite band is Radiohead.

That's good to see mate and not the generic pop band following teen like mine...well she's 11 but she acts 17...does yours like Bloc Party? Silent Alarm was that good that even with all their follow up albums being...well mediocre in comparison they are still my favourite artist! Back to the 1975 .incredible first album followed up by mainly tripe! Made it in the US though, which explains A lot!!

I actually got her into Bloc Party, even though I'm old and shit! I haven't listened to the first few albums to be honest, only started listening to them about 2 years ago after walking into JB HiFi one arvo and hearing the first 4 songs from Four and marvelling at how clean and unique they sounded Very Happy . I'd not really heard them before then and actually went to the front counter and asked who it was, then proceeded to shell out for Four and Intimacy.

My eldest listens to pop and chart stuff unfortunately. But she has always been somewhat of a disappointment...

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 am

SI wrote:

I actually got her into Bloc Party, even though I'm old and shit!  I haven't listened to the first few albums to be honest, only started listening to them about 2 years ago after walking into JB HiFi one arvo and hearing the first 4 songs from Four and marvelling at how clean and unique they sounded Very Happy .  I'd not really heard them before then and actually went to the front counter and asked who it was, then proceeded to shell out for Four and Intimacy.

My eldest listens to pop and chart stuff unfortunately.  But she has always been somewhat of a disappointment...

liked not because of your bloc party fondness but because of that last comment about your eldest lol! intimacy is brilliant, Ion Square is probably my favourite bloc party song so intimacy always holds with me! But in all seriousness get yourself a copy of Silent Alarm and listen to the album front to back, it's an an absolute fucking masterpiece. I don't say that lightly either it is a stunning album and something I personally have up there with rumours, hotel California and a rush of blood to the head

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am