NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Music Thread

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

The Music Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Music Thread

Post by Teeth Eater Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:44 am

standard-issue wrote:

Candy Harlots!!!  Still a proud owner of 5 Wicked Ways on CD Smile    Had 'Foreplay' on tape back in the day, might be worth something nowadays, or not...

Nice. Yep, it's a great album. Probably in my top 5 Aussie albums. 'Foreplay' on cassette tape, or the VHS? I still have the VHS in my shed. Would have been worth more a few years ago than now, but if you find the right buyer I'm sure you'd get a sexy price for it.

Random fact was that their guitarist, Phil Bowley, was my best mate in high school's guitar instructor, lol.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Candy Harlots!!!  Still a proud owner of 5 Wicked Ways on CD Smile    Had 'Foreplay' on tape back in the day, might be worth something nowadays, or not...

Nice. Yep, it's a great album. Probably in my top 5 Aussie albums. 'Foreplay' on cassette tape, or the VHS? I still have the VHS in my shed. Would have been worth more a few years ago than now, but if you find the right buyer I'm sure you'd get a sexy price for it.

Random fact was that their guitarist, Phil Bowley, was my best mate in high school's guitar instructor, lol.

Cassette mate, didn't know there was a VHS.  Someone somewhere would pay a pretty penny for both I reckon.  I still collect CD's and surprising how hard it is to find some releases nowadays even on that medium; and even more surprising some of the prices...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:16 pm

OURS-Distorted Lullabies

Jimmy Gnecco's voice is how I would imagine a camp fire singalong with Jeff Buckley, Matt Bellamy, and Thom Yorke would sound.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:34 pm

I typically don't listen to a lot of metal like it seems most of you guys do, but the few heavier bands I am into are Kyuss, Isis, Pelican, System of a Down and Sun O))).

I mostly listen to Hip Hop, 60s & 70s Classic Rock, Soul/Motown and Funk with a bit of reggae, dub, jazz, ambient/minimalist and blues thrown in.

I've recently been working as a video editor for Deep Purple (never been my jam exactly, I'm more of a Led Zeppelin and Sabbath man), Mick Rogers, Rainbow and a few others. Was making Bob Daisley's website too (he was bassist for and wrote most of Ozzy's solo songs).
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:18 pm

Was listening to the Rock 2000 here in NZ and stumbled upon Ghosts - Mary on a Cross. Enjoyed it very much, very catchy little tune right there
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:04 pm

Obbeats wrote:I typically don't listen to a lot of metal like it seems most of you guys do, but the few heavier bands I am into are Kyuss, Isis, Pelican, System of a Down and Sun O))).

I mostly listen to Hip Hop, 60s & 70s Classic Rock, Soul/Motown and Funk with a bit of reggae, dub, jazz, ambient/minimalist and blues thrown in.

I've recently been working as a video editor for Deep Purple (never been my jam exactly, I'm more of a Led Zeppelin and Sabbath man), Mick Rogers, Rainbow and a few others. Was making Bob Daisley's website too (he was bassist for and wrote most of Ozzy's solo songs).

That's insane to be doing work for all of those names mate!

Yeah, Bob Daisley is legendary.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:08 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Was listening to the Rock 2000 here in NZ and stumbled upon Ghosts - Mary on a Cross. Enjoyed it very much, very catchy little tune right there

Never got into Ghost, but their core fan base seem insane. Was talking to a Contractor just yesterday who is flying from Perth to Brisbane just for the gig. He was trying to tell me about what he is wearing-apparently it's a whole semi cosplay scene at the concerts.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:32 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Never got into Ghost, but their core fan base seem insane.  Was talking to a Contractor just yesterday who is flying from Perth to Brisbane just for the gig.  He was trying to tell me about what he is wearing-apparently it's a whole semi cosplay scene at the concerts.
    Yeah have been watching a few of their live shows on the tube. Some of the headgear and costumes are pretty out there, obviously not a horror vibe but more of that steampunk sort of feel
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:16 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Never got into Ghost, but their core fan base seem insane.  Was talking to a Contractor just yesterday who is flying from Perth to Brisbane just for the gig.  He was trying to tell me about what he is wearing-apparently it's a whole semi cosplay scene at the concerts.
    Yeah have been watching a few of their live shows on the tube. Some of the headgear and costumes are pretty out there, obviously not a horror vibe but more of that steampunk sort of feel

Speaking of out there costumes, a festival called Midgardsblot somehow popped up on my FB feed yesterday.  Viking themed Norwegian extreme metal.  Not really something I'd be in to, but the footage suggests a decent day was had by all Laugh 3
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:18 pm

Rollins Band-Weight

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:53 pm

OTEP-Sevas Tra
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:12 am

COLD-13 Ways To Bleed On Stage
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:59 pm

Anyone more fortunate than me and ever catch a Japunga gig back in the day?  Brissy band that supported the likes of Slipknot, Machinehead, Trivium, and Mudvayne.  

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 pm