NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:04 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:

Lol Great minds Bren. Beat me to it. Coffee

Brother from another Mother lol!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 9

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:12 pm

My main problems now are hookers - 2 of Seggy, Peats, Lichaa, Rein, Hodgson (although can't be both Seggy and Peats for funds reasons

Pauli Pauli is handing around as prop NPR - wondering if Vincent Leuleui might be a cheaper shout

And final back row spot, currently Whitehead. Also considering Rochow, maybe Moeroa
    If I have Hodgson as a hooker can stretch it out to Leeson Ah Mau

Curtis Scott still hanging around as NPR, not sure what to do there. Eden/CHanel/Kenner don't really excite.

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Okay adjusted my team. Surgess moves to the FRF as a scoring reserve and I'm putting Whitehead in at 2RF because I back him to have a massive upside even if he starts the year a bit slow. Benry to CTR to replace Auva'a and Josh Aloiai into 2RF because I hear he's got a lot of praise pre-season and has done well in training which every rookie does every year but it's good enough to put him there for now.
    With Randell's minutes unknown and too costly a gamble I won't change my team to put him in so Parcell goes and I'll just roll the dice with Cherrington.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Loomer wrote:So TLT good(I think) for 4 players I was waivering on

Merrin
    Cartwright
    Whitehead
    Hodgson

Stick with them?

Also Green won't hang around will he and should I stick with Clawrence or upgrade to Sue?

I think if you wanted Merrin before nothing here should put you off him. Doubt he'll play 80 but doesn't need to.
    I don't have Merrin but he's one of the guys I sort of wish I had room for

Concern with Hodgson is what happens when Austin is fit again (and who comes off for Austin if Austin starts from the bench)

Whitehead is very tempting, as good as could be hoped for - but is it good enough to start him?
    EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

Post by EvenSteeden Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:16 pm

Not sure if mentioned by keep in mind Bodene Thompson hasn't played any footy (9's or preseason) due to a niggle, which I'd say is part of the reason he's not starting.

Faitala-Mariner is playing NSW Cup, and could replace Benry within a few weeks....but Benry still might be worth a punt as Cappy loves him
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think if you wanted Merrin before nothing here should put you off him. Doubt he'll play 80 but doesn't need to.
    I don't have Merrin but he's one of the guys I sort of wish I had room for

Concern with Hodgson is what happens when Austin is fit again (and who comes off for Austin if Austin starts from the bench)

Whitehead is very tempting, as good as could be hoped for - but is it good enough to start him?
    I guess Hodgson is a somewhat safeish gamble on that he's unlikely to get less minutes so at worse his scores don't change? I just don't think they will improve much either personally so I guess its an unlikely gamble but not in the maubs category?
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Cherrington. He will play 80 round 1. That Tigers bench is forward stacked (which has me worried about Sue, CLawrence etc but that is another story).

Cherrington round 1. Plays 80. Going at a PPM last season of around 0.60, he should score close to 50. Great.

Cherrington round 2. Halatau potentially returns. That's where things get a little hazy.

Farah due back round 4/5. Cherrington most likely out of the picture altogether.

If Cherrington played 80 for 4 rounds and scored 50 each time, he'd be worth the cash grab. But with eternal fantasy poison himself (Dene Halatau) hanging around, I don't think I'm going to take the risk.

Anyone out there feeling bolder than me on this?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    My main problems now are hookers - 2 of Seggy, Peats, Lichaa, Rein, Hodgson (although can't be both Seggy and Peats for funds reasons

Pauli Pauli is handing around as prop NPR - wondering if Vincent Leuleui might be a cheaper shout

And final back row spot, currently Whitehead. Also considering Rochow, maybe Moeroa
    If I have Hodgson as a hooker can stretch it out to Leeson Ah Mau

Curtis Scott still hanging around as NPR, not sure what to do there. Eden/CHanel/Kenner don't really excite.

out of that bunch I would say only Lichaa is gaurenteed not to be spelled, and likely the case going forward, Seggy and Peats next then Hodgson, baptise named likely if Austin can recover then Williams will drop out, Whitehead has a higher ceiling than Rochow but more uncertainty about role, although I think he is earmarked for the 80 if he can manage it early with the heat/adjustment, I'm trying to fit rochow and Whitehead in, currently have Whitehead and Turner

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Surely SURELY Captain Cam still plays 80. Bellamy would be stupid to consider Hampton spending some time at dummy half... right? ...
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm

If Cherrington scores big rd1 then that score will stay in his 5 game average giving him a decent price up. But enough to waste a trade on? That's anyone's guess
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:25 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:Cherrington. He will play 80 round 1. That Tigers bench is forward stacked (which has me worried about Sue, CLawrence etc but that is another story).

Cherrington round 1. Plays 80. Going at a PPM last season of around 0.60, he should score close to 50. Great.

Cherrington round 2. Halatau potentially returns. That's where things get a little hazy.

Farah due back round 4/5. Cherrington most likely out of the picture altogether.

If Cherrington played 80 for 4 rounds and scored 50 each time, he'd be worth the cash grab. But with eternal fantasy poison himself (Dene Halatau) hanging around, I don't think I'm going to take the risk.

Yes I'm gambling on the chance Cherry hits a big score in Round 1 that will drop his BE low enough to still make some cash playing 40-50 minutes with Halatau on the bench. If Taylor backs him to go the 80 then I'll take the chance. It's risky but life's no fun without it
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:25 pm

Bren wrote:Surely SURELY Captain Cam still plays 80. Bellamy would be stupid to consider Hampton spending some time at dummy half... right? ...

The only time Hampton would relieve Smith is if the storm were up by 20 points and the games been won
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:26 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:Cherrington. He will play 80 round 1. That Tigers bench is forward stacked (which has me worried about Sue, CLawrence etc but that is another story).

If Halatau fell off a cliff then still
    No mate, not sure 4 weeks is enough
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:27 pm

jstands wrote:If Cherrington scores big rd1 then that score will stay in his 5 game average giving him a decent price up. But enough to waste a trade on? That's anyone's guess

Adding to this, you're not going to cash out Cherrington, you're going to upgrade him. Meaning that by the time Farah is back not only will he need to have made a hefty profit, but one of your other cows needs to have made enough to be cashed out as well to afford the upgrade to a better hooker
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:28 pm

jstands wrote:

Adding to this, you're not going to cash out Cherrington, you're going to upgrade him. Meaning that by the time Farah is back not only will he need to have made a hefty profit, but one of your other cows needs to have made enough to be cashed out as well to afford the upgrade to a better hooker  
    Bingo.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:35 pm

Okay well if Cherrington's a no go I'm going to have to re-think my whole team. Ugh this is giving me a headache I'll re-structure my team when I'm in a more relaxed mood and can think clearer.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:36 pm

too risky to go with mataora. any knights players to come back from injury? why is korbin on the bench?
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Anyone want to predict Moeras minutes?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Goondalf wrote:Anyone want to predict Moeras minutes?

I thought he would get big minutes, but honestly I can see him hovering around 40mins
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Could drop Claw or BJ to Bhana and do Hodgson to CS9 and have 50k odd spare. No brainer right? Feel like taking few week punt on Leilua and not sure what will happen with Tigers pack

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:27 pm