NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Fortitude
    Fortitude

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 am

Is Wilton really a better option than finucane?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:48 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Given that I have Cheese, Vailea, Russel and Schneider out, and Walters more than likely not playable in the 17, I need to trade Cheese to anyone cheaper than him.

First thought was Wilton/Martin/Katoa, but then I don't have any cover for HOK, CTR or WFB. Thinking I just go Paulo instead to at least cover as many slots as possible?
    Given you have 3 long term outs and a guy you don't want in your 17, you should do 2 trades this round. Something like Paulo + a HOK.

Tigers HOK/MID coming in looks decent, was really giving it a go in trials. Not sure how many weeks he gets.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:51 am

Fortitude wrote:Is Wilton really a better option than finucane?

Are you suggesting Finucane moves to Wilton’s edge when McInnes returns?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:51 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Was a 28 minute party long enough for you reprobates
    THIS.

lol!
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:52 am

The Goat Boys wrote:Miss timed my run and sent my question in right before Page 51, Rookie Error.

Just wondering what you guys think of Wilton and Trading Lolo to him in order to secure enough money to go Russel to Tago?

Wilton is a great fantasy scorer but potential to have a limited time period with Graham due back round 6. As an owner hopefully he can nail down a starting spot once Graham returns anyway. So a small amount of risk there long term.

Tago not worth it as a pure cash cow imo, if you need a centre though then go for it. Do you have M King and Nanai already? I think they would be a better options for Russell
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:54 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Oh yeah but ‘I’m’ about to put him in my 17, surely that changes the way the world works
    On current form and role I am happy to play him in my 17
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:55 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

😂 he’s at it again, add it to the list lads
    I think Loomer should sell J.King.
    Clearly has it in for him ... or, he's got him as a sneaky POD and doesn't want anyone else to pick up his scores.
    Note: I did just pick up the 2nd King - but that was only so I could afford my gun purchase.  gun
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:55 am

BCT05 wrote:

Wilton is a great fantasy scorer but potential to have a limited time period with Graham due back round 6. As an owner hopefully he can nail down a starting spot once Graham returns anyway. So a small amount of risk there long term.

Tago not worth it as a pure cash cow imo, if you need a centre though then go for it. Do you have M King and Nanai already? I think they would be a better options for Russell

Yeah I have M-King and Nanai, Tago is my cheapest good value option and would prefer him over Billy Smith.
    I also see alot of value in Wilton but if he loses his spot potentially 2 trades is not worth the price rises.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:58 am

easytiger wrote:

Of course, in reality it's that the league settings are set to:
    Restricted Free Agent Order Policy: Reverse Ladder Order

I just left it as that due to this being what Welshy had screenshotted the settings as last year.
    TBH I might change is to: Last pick to bottom - but will put this in the Draft thread in case of any objections.

I'm aware it's reverse ladder, which it should be, but because I drafted second last, I should be near the top of the rfa order? Unless FA trades affect it. I thought only RFA trades affected it??
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:00 am

Would love to hear thoughts on Curran? Typical busy performance from him on the weekend, he was everywhere plus he has a bit of ball playing abiity and is good for at least one TB and OF each match.

Can anyone advise if the Warriors bench rotation was mucked up over the weekend? If not it looks like Curran is set for a big minute role in the middle, potentially reverting to an 80min second row spot when Tohu returns.

Last year without Tohu in the team Curran averaged 56 in matches where he played over 40 mins. In the majority of these matches he was named on the edge, however I am pretty sure he either switched to the middle for kick off or at least played a fair stint there. Curran's average with Tohu playing drops  to 47 even though he still averages 71 minutes (there is one outlier where he only played 33 mins however still put up a score of 53).

From stats alone it looks like he will be a good pick-up until Tohu returns, however based on the eye test he is potentially a  slightly undervalued keeper with dual status? I guess Yeo is cheaper with better pedigree, and it will be interesting to see if Gilbert can back up performance from round 1.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:00 am

BCT05 wrote:

The thing with Tago for me would be that I might not be getting him just as a "cash cow". The bloke looked the goods. I think it isn't too far off thinking he averages ~40 points for the year, which I would be happy with at his current price. I think on that edge against some of the weaker teams he will also have a few more of those 50-60+ games in him. So for me, it would be getting him in while he is sub 400K and I can actually downgrade someone for him before they also bleed more money... and if he makes money and another better option comes up, then I'll be cheering, BUT I would also be happy leaving him in their for the year if he is to hit the marks I can see him hitting. I wasn't convinced by his stats before the year, but seeing the way he played in that first game and actually putting some RL perspective into the fact he plays on a lethal edge means getting him in at 373K is a lot better than trying to get him in at 500K when all the other centres are injured/too expensive or guys like Aitken, Bird, etc. are dropped or not living up to expectation.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:03 am

Tommy_gun wrote:Would love to hear thoughts on Curran? Typical busy performance from him on the weekend, he was everywhere plus he has a bit of ball playing abiity and is good for at least one TB and OF each match.

Can anyone advise if the Warriors bench rotation was mucked up over the weekend? If not it looks like Curran is set for a big minute role in the middle, potentially reverting to an 80min second row spot when Tohu returns.

Last year without Tohu in the team Curran averaged 56 in matches where he played over 40 mins. In the majority of these matches he was named on the edge, however I am pretty sure he either switched to the middle for kick off or at least played a fair stint there. Curran's average with Tohu playing drops  to 47 even though he still averages 71 minutes (there is one outlier where he only played 33 mins however still put up a score of 53).

From stats alone it looks like he will be a good pick-up until Tohu returns, however based on the eye test he is potentially a  slightly undervalued keeper with dual status? I guess Yeo is cheaper with better pedigree, and it will be interesting to see if Gilbert can back up performance from round 1.

Curran is one of those blokes I will never trade, just based off the fact I don't like him... and I have absolutely no idea why, just not a fan.

Gilbert and Yeo on the radar for me too
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:04 am

Tommy_gun wrote:Would love to hear thoughts on Curran? Typical busy performance from him on the weekend, he was everywhere plus he has a bit of ball playing abiity and is good for at least one TB and OF each match.

This. I've seen quoted heaps how he averages better on the edge, but a lot of these games started on the edge, then moved to middle after 20 minutes. He's scores at well in both positions.
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:05 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

The thing with Tago for me would be that I might not be getting him just as a "cash cow". The bloke looked the goods. I think it isn't too far off thinking he averages ~40 points for the year, which I would be happy with at his current price. I think on that edge against some of the weaker teams he will also have a few more of those 50-60+ games in him.

I am leaning this way too. This is the last week to grab Tago, and I think he looks like he will have a decent centre floor with a ceiling of 60+ especially in those games that Penrith just dominate.

I am burning I didn't grab him before round 1 and it does feel a bit liek chasing last week's points but also the fear of missing him is strong. Based off the eye test he could replicate Burton's 41 average at centre from last year.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:07 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

The thing with Tago for me would be that I might not be getting him just as a "cash cow". The bloke looked the goods. I think it isn't too far off thinking he averages ~40 points for the year, which I would be happy with at his current price. I think on that edge against some of the weaker teams he will also have a few more of those 50-60+ games in him. So for me, it would be getting him in while he is sub 400K and I can actually downgrade someone for him before they also bleed more money... and if he makes money and another better option comes up, then I'll be cheering, BUT I would also be happy leaving him in their for the year if he is to hit the marks I can see him hitting. I wasn't convinced by his stats before the year, but seeing the way he played in that first game and actually putting some RL perspective into the fact he plays on a lethal edge means getting him in at 373K is a lot better than trying to get him in at 500K when all the other centres are injured/too expensive or guys like Aitken, Bird, etc. are dropped or not living up to expectation.

Yeah I think that's totally legit, he's a good player and will score well in your centre spot. But I say he's an obvious option only if you need a centre because for someone like me with Burton and Penisini as my centres I don't think it's a good use of a trade. I'm sure I'll have to burn enough trades on centres later in the year as it is
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:11 am

Mulvy wrote:

I'm aware it's reverse ladder,  which it should be,  but because I drafted second last,  I should be near the top of the rfa order? Unless FA trades affect it.  I thought only RFA trades affected it??

yeah, I think where it says Reverse Ladder Order - it means in relation to "the Ladder"
    i.e. The reverse of: the top 5 winners in order of how many points they scored (where TheDugans are first), followed by the 5 losing teams in order of points scored

Basically that system always gives a leg up to teams that are struggling more.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:16 am

easytiger wrote:

yeah, I think where it says Reverse Ladder Order - it means in relation to "the Ladder"
    i.e. The reverse of: the top 5 winners in order of how many points they scored (where TheDugans are first), followed by the 5 losing teams in order of points scored

Ah right. That looks like it. Cool. Just couldn't figure it out!
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

😂 he’s at it again, add it to the list lads

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 12 - The first rule of trade club is, we only trade CTRs - Page 2 Giphy
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:43 am

easytiger wrote:

Punishing my success lol

I was wondering why RFA was noon Weds instead of in 20 mins. Makes sense that it's because lockout lifted after noon Monday i.e. to give people at least 24 hrs. Slightly annoying though, half the fun is trying to guess the right moves before teams are out.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:45 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Are you suggesting Finucane moves to Wilton’s edge when McInnes returns?

Putting aside they are available in different positions, so not really comparing apples with apples. I just feel he is slightly cheaper, and is surely up the pecking order so a McInnes return will see a shuffling of minutes, I just don’t see it affecting finucanes.

Not a super analytical response I know

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 am