NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Regulator
    Regulator

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday! - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:02 pm

Shady2K wrote:Who's everyone's back up plan if Papi is a late out?

Gutho? Moses? Sexton? Burton?

Will Smith
    ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday! - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 7 - Guess the total fantasy points scored Thursday!

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:02 pm

Loomer wrote:

He didn't play pre season that I'm aware of. I don't know Roosters players that well but based on owning Suaali last season and forum chatter he could be a lot like these great youth player hopes of EPL team I support, great wraps but never makes it

I meant in terms of training. Naiqa had a god awful trial, tempted to run Smith and Walker anyway and deal with the inevitable when it turns out Momo is kicking, and Suaali comes back and boots Smith to reserve grade. 9k left and a stacked team.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:02 pm

That’s a good reminder. Had to try and find a way to move Pappy to the 17 jersey. Means playing Hynes at WFB and Schneider into HLF

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:03 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:Someone mentioned a 4 forward bench for dFifi. Will Smith is there, was the assumption he moves to half for Brimson and another forward comes in?
    That someone mixed up their Fifita's. While the question related to D Fifita, they replied as though it was A Fifita.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:04 pm

I can't keep up with all the threads. Where is the cookie cutter team posted?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:06 pm

Take your bench WFBs score and still have Papi for Round 2?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:08 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Take your bench WFBs score and still have Papi for Round 2?

Think I'd rather move on if he has a niggle. Saw an article saying he's not goal kicking either with Meaney taking over
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:10 pm

Mitchell is going to be the goal kicker at Souths when he returns next week right?

With Papy uncertainties, he could be a great POD. Likely takes on more responsibility without Reynolds there.

Will have some fun games with both him and Cody in the team.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:12 pm

Pain wrote:I can't keep up with all the threads.  Where is the cookie cutter team posted?

Community team thread will have it soon, but for now it's great for an idea of what we're thinking
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:13 pm

mattnz wrote:Mitchell is going to be the goal kicker at Souths when he returns next week right?

With Papy uncertainties, he could be a great POD. Likely takes on more responsibility without Reynolds there.

Will have some fun games with both him and Cody in the team.

In the last page you've just bought Turbo ans Mitchell. I mean, they are guns but where's the money coming from?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:16 pm

If Pappy is out Tedesco will come in
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:17 pm

White Lightning wrote:If Pappy is out Tedesco will come in

Roosters play before Storm.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:18 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Far out going old-school and ignoring the centre guns (Burton, Aitken, Bird) allows a shit-hot pack:

Cook,
    Haas, Lolo, Mann
    Difita, Fermor
    Clifford, Schneider
    Penisini, BSmith
    Papy, SCritta, Hynes

Randall, Bullemor, Tuilagi, Amone
    Ilias, Coates, Vailea, MKing +58k

All i can really see more in the pack over most is Mann not sure its worth playing centre roulette mate
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:19 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

In the last page you've just bought Turbo ans Mitchell. I mean, they are guns but where's the money coming from?

Papy. Less and less confidence in his fitness, already confirmed he isn't kicking. Seems they are more hopeful he will play.

With Papy's HIA issues in addition to regular injuries, he could easily go off early and drop in price.

Might run the suspension gauntlet on Latrell with kicking duties in a top side. Should be plenty of value there, buying a gun. Gives me a nice Cody / Mitchell combo for some huge plays. A bit like the Turbo / DCE combo, without the price tag.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:24 pm

mattnz wrote:

Papy. Less and less confidence in his fitness, already confirmed he isn't kicking. Seems they are more hopeful he will play.

With Papy's HIA issues in addition to regular injuries, he could easily go off early and drop in price.

Might run the suspension gauntlet on Latrell with kicking duties in a top side. Should be plenty of value there, buying a gun. Gives me a nice Cody / Mitchell combo for some huge plays. A bit like the Turbo / DCE combo, without the price tag.

Mitchell is certainly undervalued thanks to goalkicking. Thought you were getting Turbo *and* Mitchell, which would need big sacrifices elsewhere
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:29 pm

Depending on Tago's score tomorrow night, I very well might just cop it if Papy's out, since Tago is my 18th man, and I don't think Papy would miss more than this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:32 pm

mattnz wrote:Dont think I have seen any teams with Turbo. With the uncertainty around Papy, I am tempted. Easy early switch to Cleary when he returns.

Would you trade Turbo to Cleary when Cleary returns (assuming Turbo is fit and scoring anywhere near his potential)
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:33 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Welcome

I can't really pull apart your selections, they seem okay. Riki maybe, what's your thoughts there, I hadn't considered him. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Teddy, Hynes, Pappy. I wouldn't personally start with three gun WFBs. The position often has volatile scoring which means you can usually pick up a gun cheaply at some stage. Some do start with three guns though, so that's just my opinion. I normally go for one or two. If you do go that way, swap Pappy and Hynes so that you get the extra dpp cover of Hynes on the bench. Looks fairly solid though. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!

I think Riki has the potential to be an absolute gun. Last year in games without TPJ (towards the end of the year when admittedly he had a bit of a streak and a big 97) where he played 80 he averaged 60+. I think the Broncos are a better team this year, he's really busy defensively and he has a base point floor of around 45 where hes priced at with a lot of attacking upside. I think just a nice PoD who can't play origin.

Regarding the WFBs, it's really Teddy, Papy and SC and likely upgrading Hynes to Cleary round 4-5.

Playing Papy on the bench so I can straight swap for Burton if Pap's a late out this weekend.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:38 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Mitchell is certainly undervalued thanks to goalkicking. Thought you were getting Turbo *and* Mitchell, which would need big sacrifices elsewhere

Turbo killed the rest of my backs, can have a nice balanced very PODdy team with Mitchell. Should be getting a value gun, who just misses the 1st round, which is the least important. At least I know he cant be suspended for round 2!

Mitchell should be a top 3 WFB with goal kicking, with an average over 60, cut priced, huge POD at 2%! Less cost than Teddy for better scoring.

I think I have landed on this team:

Robson
    Lolo (VC) Tapine M. King
    Fifita (C) Wilton
    Cody Schneider
    Burton Timoko
    Mitchell Hynes Crichton

Randall Mann Tuilagi Nanai
    Ilias Ramsey Koula Vailea

$10k remaining

Only real weakness is 1 MID cover, otherwise it is well balanced and can loop this round.

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:40 pm

Have wrote up my team tracker with my latest draft and some reasonings behind some picks, and what players are 'locked in' for me and POI's - if anyone wants to click that shiny button and read another perspective

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:58 pm