NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said  Empty NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said

Post by Camo123 Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:56 pm

Stats, Breakevens and more
    https://footystatistics.com/

2021 Community team
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f12-celeb-community-team

2021 Team planner
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/u09fg5pzhyevvbg/2021+Team+Planner+v1.0.xlsm/file

2019 + 2020 NSW Cup stats
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/6oybz9w0tu2gl8r/2019+NSW+Cup+stats.xlsm/file

2021 MTB's bye planner
    https://footystatistics.com/bye_planner.php

2021 Fanatics Awards:
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1756-2021-nrl-fanatics-awards#560388
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said  Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said

Post by Mulvy Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:58 pm

Nice one Camo. Just beat me to it. Your title is better anyway!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said  Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 90 - Take a shot every time live ladder is said

Post by wolfking Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Live ladder. cheer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:01 pm

From previous thread.

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Year I finished top 20 the only difference was nailing the original squad. Only missed 1 key cash cow and fixed that after about 5 weeks. Still went hard at byes, still had origin bolters selected from nowhere, still came home with a wet sail while most were running on fumes. It was in the days before reverse trades and I gambled on Blake Ferguson's run home with my last trade hours before he was caught drinking on the roof

Yeah, that's plain unlucky, it's hard to plan for off field shit.

I started with a good squad this year, but man oh man Townsend over Lam would have been HUGE. I could take the easy way out and say, ah but Lam got injured, it was a good decision and just got unlucky. As someone else pointed out though, there wasn't really any reason to be massively high on Lam over Townsend, Townsend's no world beater but KMs and GK, Lam just a rookie etc.  It's not like I'd seen something in Lam in previous games or trials like I had with Reece Walsh for example. I wouldn't rate it a terrible decision but I could have made a better one, I think it's one you can take a bit of experience and learnings from to apply in the future.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:03 pm

Been moving apartments all day. Finally pulled up stumps, but the internet isn't set up at the new place yet, so I'm sitting here on the floor at the old place with a couple of pillows and blankets and a bottle of wine on either side to enjoy this one. Needs must.

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:03 pm

(C)leary, Burton, and Shitto Russell in this one. Not sure if I'm more invested in fantasy or shitto at this point.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:03 pm

Man, Brian To'o doesn't need any more reasons for me to like him, but they just keep coming.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Lets look at the live ladder before the game starts
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:05 pm

(C)hin, Burton, Koro. Hoping for a bloodbath.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:07 pm

Updates shouldn't change too much so second edition of MS's players to watch

Grant priced at 55.3 boosted his average in the last couple of weeks to make him a little less appealing but has done it in an average of 60 minutes per game. Fully fledged gun and potential captaincy option if he plays 80.

Papy priced at 50.2 boosted his season average a full 5 points with tonight's effort but is still appealing priced 8 points under Teddy. We saw what he was capable of in the first 6 rounds and will once again be in a top tier attacking team

Hynes won't be on my list but will be a popular pick at 48.3 average

SJ priced at 48.3 played exactly 10 games so shouldn't get further discount. Assuming he will once again kick the piss out of the ball but probably loses goal kicking to Walsh. In an improved attacking should do better than 1 TA every 2 games

Rudolf priced at 42.5 will likely be the beneficiary if Woods, Tolman and Fifita move on. Averaged 56 minutes this year so probably not a heap of room for growth but could be a couple of points unders

Finucane priced at 36.5 is his lowest average since 2014. Old war horse might be second in line for minutes in the Sharks pack with potential to add a few points to his average

Talakai priced at 26.7 if he gets the starting edge role is probably 10 points under. Suspension and rotation risk with Wilton

Billy Magoulias priced at 20.9. Probably needs to change clubs to be fantasy relevant

Metcalf priced at 19.3 oozes talent. If he gets a starting spot he should be good for a 30+ average

Unknown: Brenko Lee, Nene McDonald
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:08 pm

My final trade Hughes turned out well. Was concerned he would get a rest but thankfully the Sharks didn't let them get away.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Updates shouldn't change too much so second edition of MS's players to watch

Grant priced at 55.3 boosted his average in the last couple of weeks to make him a little less appealing but has done it in an average of 60 minutes per game. Fully fledged gun and potential captaincy option if he plays 80.

Papy priced at 50.2 boosted his season average a full 5 points with tonight's effort but is still appealing priced 8 points under Teddy. We saw what he was capable of in the first 6 rounds and will once again be in a top tier attacking team

Hynes won't be on my list but will be a popular pick at 48.3 average

SJ priced at 48.3 played exactly 10 games so shouldn't get further discount. Assuming he will once again kick the piss out of the ball but probably loses goal kicking to Walsh. In an improved attacking should do better than 1 TA every 2 games

Rudolf priced at 42.5 will likely be the beneficiary if Woods, Tolman and Fifita move on. Averaged 56 minutes this year so probably not a heap of room for growth but could be a couple of points unders

Finucane priced at 36.5 is his lowest average since 2014. Old war horse might be second in line for minutes in the Sharks pack with potential to add a few points to his average

Talakai priced at 26.7 if he gets the starting edge role is probably 10 points under. Suspension and rotation risk with Wilton

Billy Magoulias priced at 20.9. Probably needs to change clubs to be fantasy relevant

Metcalf priced at 19.3 oozes talent. If he gets a starting spot he should be good for a 30+ average

Unknown: Brenko Lee, Nene McDonald

Seems you're doing all the hard work and I'll just be posting the excel with the details Razz
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:11 pm

I dunno how you fellas are already thinking of next season Beer
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:From previous thread.

I started with a good squad this year, but man oh man Townsend over Lam would have been HUGE. I could take the easy way out and say, ah but Lam got injured, it was a good decision and just got unlucky. As someone else pointed out though, there wasn't really any reason to be massively high on Lam over Townsend, Townsend's no world beater but KMs and GK, Lam just a rookie etc.  It's not like I'd seen something in Lam in previous games or trials like I had with Reece Walsh for example. I wouldn't rate it a terrible decision but I could have made a better one, I think it's one you can take a bit of experience and learnings from to apply in the future.

Townsend makes a lot of sense in hindsight. Playing next to Moylan who isn't a noted kicker. SJ had previously shown that Shark's halves love to kick.

There was genuine reasons to pick Lam but think we collectively got a bit blinded by upside. Keary had never previously been dominant kicker. Flanagan the year previously averaged 50+ in the same role. Lam the year previous had a couple of big minute games in the halves for good scores. (63 in 80 minutes round 13, 48 in 56 round 9)

I don't think Lam was inherently a bad pick, but Keary dominating kicking + Lam not getting any attacking stats before getting injured made it look terrible.

Should have backed the eye test after he didn't look great in the trials
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:13 pm

Metcalf defo passes the eye test.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:15 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Seems you're doing all the hard work and I'll just be posting the excel with the details Razz

my tv broke wrote:I dunno how you fellas are already thinking of next season Beer

I like to get some thoughts written down while they are fresh to then reassess after the offseason break.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Metcalf defo passes the eye test.

Would be a rookie of the year shout if he wasn't just over the threshold for next season
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Should have backed the eye test after he didn't look great in the trials

Yeah this. I felt very uneasy about it and didn't act on it.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Mulvy wrote:From previous thread.

The year I got top ten (which I think was same year Steve Nicholls did) it was about getting some high tarriff pods and hitting the byes while saving trades early. Apart from the last bit that's the MattNZ strategy, but you do need to pick the right pods and not too many of them. Also, got lucky with injuries in the run-in.

Other two times I got top 50, which seem a long time ago, it was all about working the bye/origin rounds (and, again, saving trades early).

Last two years I've been a complete trade whore and wondered why my ranking has tanked.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:25 pm

That hit on Martin was strangely satisfying after he tried the hero play earlier and bombed a try

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 am