NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Pieman
    Pieman

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 32 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:51 pm

surmo13 wrote:i've never seen some-one who claims to say shit to get a rise out of people, take the shit other people say so personally.

Continuously rubbishing someone's ridiculous comment is taking something personally?
    Plz, tell me more

Post by Guest Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Pieman wrote:

Continuously rubbishing someone's ridiculous comment is taking something personally?
    Plz, tell me more

It is when you keep bringing shit like this back up long after everyone else has stopped caring.

by the way, if Sione was kept out on the wing, maybe he wouldn't disadvantage his team leaving the field for HIAs every second week.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Its called rubbing it in Surmbro Smile

True, but he also wouldnt be captain and be one of the best, very young back rowers in the comp if he was on the wing would he?

I'm still not quite sure what his beset pos is, if not back row. Centre prob.
    He is certainly far too good to be on the wing tho.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:19 am

surmo13 wrote:It is when you keep bringing shit like this back up long after everyone else has stopped caring.

Its even better when everything I said is still 100% correct.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:58 am

Interesting. So winning 4 games after winning 1 the year before means a side hasnt improved. V. Interesting.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:56 am

Pieman wrote:Its called rubbing it in Surmbro Smile

True, but he also wouldnt be captain and be one of the best, very young back rowers in the comp if he was on the wing would he?

On Sione; I don't think it is fair to bag (even jokingly) the coach that took you to a game short of the GF for playing him on the wing.
    Just as Luke Lewis was when he started, Sione was a deadset outside back at the time and I certainly wouldn't have been playing him in the backrow then.

That idiocy aside, he's developing brilliantly in the backrow and I couldn't rate him any higher than I do.
    Love the all round game he has and he definitely appears to be the bloke I'd be building my team around.

On Newie; I couldn't care if they won 4 last year compared to 1 this year.....as mentioned a while back Blind Freddy can see they are far more competitive, on the improve and definitely building something.
    Ryno's either a battling simpleton or he's trolling our resident pastry consuming battling Simpleton.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

On Sione; I don't think it is fair to bag (even jokingly) the coach that took you to a game short of the GF for playing him on the wing.
    Just as Luke Lewis was when he started, Sione was a deadset outside back at the time and I certainly wouldn't have been playing him in the backrow then.

That idiocy aside, he's developing brilliantly in the backrow and I couldn't rate him any higher than I do.
    Love the all round game he has and he definitely appears to be the bloke I'd be building my team around.

On Newie; I couldn't care if they won 4 last year compared to 1 this year.....as mentioned a while back Blind Freddy can see they are far more competitive, on the improve and definitely building something.
    Ryno's either a battling simpleton or he's trolling our resident pastry consuming battling Simpleton.

Its mostly column B. But FWIW, dont fall for the pastries strawman. What I said was;

- They lost more talent from last year then they bought in this year, or are bringing in for next year. Not all their fault (eg Mullen drugs, Smith retirement) but 100% correct.
    - They don't look any better from the start of the year then now. 1 deserved win since round 10. Have they gotten worse over the year? Probably not, its be hard to. Are they any better? Nope. Their best outing is still when they belted the GC early in the season.
    - They have too many players with long term plans (Buhrer, Lamb, Sione, Phythian, Safiti x2) coming off contract in the short term (2018), giving the player group too much negotiating power. Seem to be slowly reacting to this but still no Sione extension yet.

Far as I can see, all those points still stand.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Pieman wrote:Its called rubbing it in Surmbro Smile

Surmbro made me chuckle!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

On Sione; I don't think it is fair to bag (even jokingly) the coach that took you to a game short of the GF

Was clearly tongue in cheek - even though that coach also had 2 indisputably disastrous seasons at the club as well

ryno_ wrote:

Its mostly column B. But FWIW, dont fall for the pastries strawman. What I said was;

- They lost more talent from last year then they bought in this year, or are bringing in for next year. Not all their fault (eg Mullen drugs, Smith retirement) but 100% correct.
    - They don't look any better from the start of the year then now. 1 deserved win since round 10.  Have they gotten worse over the year? Probably not, its be hard to. Are they any better? Nope. Their best outing is still when they belted the GC early in the season.
    - They have too many players with long term plans (Buhrer, Lamb, Sione, Phythian, Safiti x2) coming off contract in the short term (2018), giving the player group too much negotiating power. Seem to be slowly reacting to this but still no Sione extension yet.

- they are bringing in 2 of the hottest young talents in the game both who play in important positions, 1 of the best young props, an OK centre, Brought in SKD, and they are bringing in an origin back rower. They are all great (except for maybe the origin back rower) replacements for the guys who have left - and that isnt even considering the amount of money someone like Mullen was on and with a little he played, same with smith. A 40 year old lock who misses as many games as he plays.. lol. And we also still have plenty of cap space reportedly so far out.. lol. IMO, aside from getting a James Graham, I dont see how we could have recruited any better really. Pretty happy we dodged the Jack Bird bullet too.
    Again I say this - we were on the bottom of the ladder with those "superstars" you mentioned. At least now we have a much improved roster this season compared to last and will have an even better one next year AND still have cap room to sign a marquee player. So I dont really know what ur playing list argument point is. So no, not 100% correct.

- so they didnt deserve the win on the weekend either? after pretty comprehensively pasting the warriors? Yeh, they are shit, but so is newie. Solid Lolz out of that second point. If thats ur opinion, then cool. I mean, its wrong, but cool. Dont even need to argue it.

-The only one of those guys who would be asking for significant money at this stage in their careers would be buhrer and possibly sione. The playing group with too much negotiating power. lol wtf. If they had the same manager, sure we could possibly be coming into a tigers situation - but none of the players are asking for a million bucks a year unlike 3 of the tigers guys. We have a whole off season and a whole season to sign those guys. Not a single one of the has said they want to leave or even said they are exploring the opportunity of leaving. We have money to sign them. You are just making shit up again to try and create an argument, or saying what is the worst possible scenario. They would be deep into talks with every single one of those players and we have the cap room to sign who ever wants to sign with us. If any or all of those guys want to stay, and Newcastle wants them to stay, they will be signed. So plz.. we arent in the same boat as the tigers - who seemed to have never ending salary cap issues even after they release half a roster.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Wests Group has officially bought us, which is great news for the club.

Also Brown has said they're looking for a marquee front-rower, which I think would be awesome. If we could sign James Graham that would just be huge. With him leading the front with the Saf brothers coming on in leaps and bounds plus him mentoring the likes of Stone and Fitzgibbon can only be great for Newcastle's forward pack.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Would happily take a Klemmer/Tolman/Graham from the dogs.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Honeysett wrote:Wests Group has officially bought us, which is great news for the club.

Also Brown has said they're looking for a marquee front-rower, which I think would be awesome. If we could sign James Graham that would just be huge. With him leading the front with the Saf brothers coming on in leaps and bounds plus him mentoring the likes of Stone and Fitzgibbon can only be great for Newcastle's forward pack.  

Many will disagree with me but it does sound like the Knights might be a fair chance of signing Adam Blair and I personally think that would be a good call for the balance of your side.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:08 am

We could just have a Wests comp. Wests Tigers, Wests Knights, West Pirates
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Many will disagree with me but it does sound like the Knights might be a fair chance of signing Adam Blair and I personally think that would be a good call for the balance of your side.

Depending on price, he could be ... OK. He is certainly experienced if nothing else. Personally I don't rate him, and we know from his experience at the tigers that he doesn't perform well if he isn't in a good team. I don't think being a rebuilder and mentor is the kind of role he would excel in. 

I would much rather not sign anyone, or sign another stop gap until the Saifiti boys and Herman are ready to be the consistent NRL props they will become, than sign someone like Blair for the 4 years or so he is asking (and fair chunk of change that he would be asking too). Daniel Saifiti in particular has been outstanding the last few weeks, he is deadest going to be a superstar in a couple of years.

Don't do it Newie, hold out for an actual good prop like Graham. Looks like the warriors will save us from him anyway
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:55 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I hope we don't sign him, I can't stand the bloke. Like Pieman I'm cautious that we overpay for him. Why would he come for less money than the Broncos are offering, he's not THAT good that we should blow out planning
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

No Worries wrote:We could just have a Wests comp. Wests Tigers, Wests Knights, West Pirates

Please get a West Auckland team in there!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:31 am

ryno_ wrote:

- They don't look any better from the start of the year then now.

Lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 am

Newie played their best game of the season last night. Parra played terribly too. Newie have clearly improved a lot since the start of the season and they are actually pretty enjoyable to watch now. Great to see all the hard work getting a result or 5 now. I thought we would win about 6 or so games this year, so hoping we can still get a few more before the season is done.

With the excellent recruiting we have done for next season (Far out I hope we dont sign blair, and wish we didnt sign Guerra) things are really looking up for newie. Making finals would be the stretch target for them next year but would still be over achieving IMO.

There is a bit of Crighton in Fitzgibbon, he has been really impressive recently.

Gagai must have thought he was wearing his Maroon jersey last night because that is the best game I have seen him have in Newcastle colours.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Pieman wrote:Newie played their best game of the season last night. Parra played terribly too. Newie have clearly improved a lot since the start of the season and they are actually pretty enjoyable to watch now. Great to see all the hard work getting a result or 5 now. I thought we would win about 6 or so games this year, so hoping we can still get a few more before the season is done.

With the excellent recruiting we have done for next season (Far out I hope we dont sign blair, and wish we didnt sign Guerra) things are really looking up for newie. Making finals would be the stretch target for them next year but would still be over achieving IMO.

There is a bit of Crighton in Fitzgibbon, he has been really impressive recently.

Gagai must have thought he was wearing his Maroon jersey last night because that is the best game I have seen him have in Newcastle colours.
    Fox commentary were going through the list of players you have for next year and how much improvement they should bring.  They forgot Ponga!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 pm

haha did they.. wow.

With the way Connor Watson has been playing for the roosters, I wouldnt hate seeing him start the year at fullback for newcastle next season. Some of his kick returns are unreal. I wouldnt hate seeing Ponga start at wing or from the bench young ben barba style.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:00 pm