NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 17 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by No Worries Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am

bluetige wrote:Mullen, wow, what a naughty boy. I would never of thought he would do such a thing but I guess he was so desperate to overcome his troublesome groin issues he didn't think about the consequences and wanted to take a short cut in recovery.

What surprises me is he was tested late last year and he would have known the result would eventually come back positive, so why not take the easy out and retire before being humiliated and labelled a drug cheat.

Bloody dumb idiot for taking steroids in the first place.

May be he was confident the masking agent would do its job.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 am

No Worries wrote:

May be he was confident the masking agent would do its job.

Yeah probably

I was also thinking he was bullshitted to from someone outside the club (similar Dank), that what he was doing was legal, and the baffoon believed them. Nah, surely not, someone couldn't be that stupid........could they?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:52 am

He's a rugby league player BT, yes he is that dumb.

If his second sample comes back clean, then fuck he would have a case to sue some people but if it doesnt, its crazy. I feel for him, because there is a human side to this. The bloke is at the back end of his career, hes played 200 games, would have played 300 plus if he wasnt so injury prone.

Possibly Has taken something to strengthen his muscles and recover faster.

Also - I read something that said that the drug he tested positive for is sometimes used to cut cocaine - so that is prob a more likely reason for it being in his system.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

The 12 months was an almost unprecedented relaxation.

It's meant to be difficult to prove no fault or negligence so that everyone who get's caught doesn't then attempt to claim it - surprised Mullen hasn't tried the same defence to be honest...maybe he still will.

Well, it was an unprecedented situation.
    The difference is, Mullen has apparently gone outside the club to do it. It was the club (dr) that was telling the sharks players it was fine.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Shanbon wrote:Much like the Ben Barba case a massive headache for the club saved. Will have a heap of cap room but with that comes a big test, will they waste it with below avg mid-year signings other clubs need off the books to get under the cap or do the right thing, re-sign a few of their promising young guys front loading the contract now giving them a massive amount to make big signings over 2018/19 to complement Ponga

This is exactly what we should do.

If the rumours are true (they aren't) and they're looking a Todd Carney then it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world however I think doing exactly what you suggested would be the best for the long term future of the club. In a way this could turn out to be a really great thing for the club. There's no need to panic, this is not the year that we need to try and get up the ladder. Put the money into our juniors and look for what we need to help Ponga. We should be looking at the engine room. Looks like at using the 1.5mil to buy 1 or 2 good props.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Newcastle are heading in the right direction slowly but surely. They got an extremely over paid over rated winger in Uate off the books and with the recent news regarding Mullen could have an additional $550k per year in 2017 + 2018 to spend instead of having a player in their squad who was going to be injured half the time anyhow. I really think 2019 will be the year the Knights improve dramatically. Over the next 2 years they can slowly remove any dead wood and provided they spend their money wisely could really build a decent pack to give them the go forward they are missing.

Between Gagai, Hodkinson, Ponga, Saifiti brothers, a few Mata'utia brothers, Pauli Pauli, Buhrer and super Kenny Sio the Knights are building a reasonable squad.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Dont forget Barnett and Ross either... they were arguably newcastle's best players last season.
    Hodkinson and Gagai are both on way way too much cash.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Knights fans talking about their best player last year is like a Tiger's fan praising their coach
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Bren wrote:Newcastle are heading in the right direction slowly but surely. They got an extremely over paid over rated winger in Uate off the books and with the recent news regarding Mullen could have an additional $550k per year in 2017 + 2018 to spend instead of having a player in their squad who was going to be injured half the time anyhow. I really think 2019 will be the year the Knights improve dramatically. Over the next 2 years they can slowly remove any dead wood and provided they spend their money wisely could really build a decent pack to give them the go forward they are missing.

Between Gagai, Hodkinson, Ponga, Saifiti brothers, a few Mata'utia brothers, Pauli Pauli, Buhrer and super Kenny Sio the Knights are building a reasonable squad.

Mullen was on 750k per year, so there's 1.5mil to spend.

Gagai is on too much money for what we need, Pieman is right. Hodkinson as well.

Gagai looks so good in our team because he's a great player in a shit team. We have seen what he can do at Origin level and with the right guys around him he would be even better but I think the money he is on is because he knows we're shit and he's our best player therefore can command more money.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:01 pm

No Worries wrote:Knights fans talking about their best player last year is like a Tiger's fan praising their coach

He got rid of troubled Robbie, I think that's a good start.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Pieman wrote:Dont forget Barnett and Ross either... they were arguably newcastle's best players last season.
    Hodkinson and Gagai are both on way way too much cash.

Not sure how I forgot Rossdog. Yeah Gagai and Hodko are both on 600k yeah? Definitely overs for Gagai however if Hodko can return to form then 600k isn't too bad.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:06 pm

yeah if he had the ability to do an inglis and play fullback well he would be worth it, but 550k for a centre is just way way way way way too much money. Its a shame, HS is right, he is a classy player but just got paid too much because he was a name at a club with a shit roster.
    If he chooses to stay for something like 350, plus TPA or whatever then keep him, but if he wants that kind of cash he is on now again he will have to head back to the bronco's or go to the UK.

We need some good experienced props - josh starling will do for a year until we can sign someone who is actually a good experienced prop, now we need a 6 (I dont know how cogger will go) and we really are not that far off being somewhat competitive.

And with ross NW I somewhat agree, but that bloke managed to look good on the end of the worst team in the comp - he would look amazing on the end of a good teams backline.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Bren wrote:

Not sure how I forgot Rossdog. Yeah Gagai and Hodko are both on 600k yeah? Definitely overs for Gagai however if Hodko can return to form then 600k isn't too bad.

Pretty sure Gagai is on 650 and Hodkinson is on 700

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Mullen was on 750k per year, so there's 1.5mil to spend.

I wonder what that equates to per game played over the past couple of years... Looks like in the short term the Knights will have to pay overs to attract any decent talent. I think if the Raiders don't give Fensom much game time then the Knights should go knocking on his door. Not a match winner by himself but can defend all day long and honestly the Knights need a few blokes like that right now.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:35 pm

I was surprised he's played 200 games to be honest. Given he's 29 that'd be like 20 games a year, and it's not like there's been a lot of opportunities to add finals matches into the number in the last decade. Maybe he's also started a lot more games than he's finished.

Justin Hodges was a bit like that, although he debuted when he was 18 and retired when he was 33, so there was another 5 seasons, in teams that were generally playing finals footy. Most people would be surprised to know he played more games that every other immortal in the NSWRL/ARL/NRL other than Bob Fulton.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I think Carney would be good for the Knights, i think if they can get him for 1 year only (he will want more) it would really help. He would add plenty in attack as they have very good outside backs that just dont get quality ball, they will win a few more games giving the young guys confidence and expereince. At the same time as its only 1 year they can still have a shot at a big name half off contract for 2018.

I'd stay away from Fensom, I think Buhrer can do that role only better and they have some good up and coming wide backrowers.

D Safiti will be a top 5 prop in 2018 and hopefully J Safiti can push into the middle and give them some impact off the bench. I would be chasing Nelson Asofa Solomona as my key forward signing for 2018.

I think a hooker would be high on the list too, id go for someone like Sione Katoa from penrith
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Bren wrote:

I wonder what that equates to per game played over the past couple of years... Looks like in the short term the Knights will have to pay overs to attract any decent talent. I think if the Raiders don't give Fensom much game time then the Knights should go knocking on his door. Not a match winner by himself but can defend all day long and honestly the Knights need a few blokes like that right now.

It would depend how much fensom is asking for.
    And also, where do we play him? At the moment, the back row is Barnett, Buhrer and Matutia. Fensom isnt really an edge guy and he is too small to play front row and doesnt have the impact to come from the bench.
    I guess you could play Barnett, Fensom, Buhrer with Matutia on the bench.
    I think that newie covered the tackling back rower by signing Buhrer and Kostjayson.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 am

Pauli Pauli in a serious car accident last night apparently.
    Leg and hip injuries.

Dont know the details but was reported last night
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:10 am

Pieman wrote:Pauli Pauli in a serious car accident last night apparently.
    Leg and hip injuries.

Dont know the details but was reported last night
    Just said on Radio TAB fractured hip, broken leg plus other complications.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 am

they just reported a broken leg and dislocated hip on FSN

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am