NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Mearcats
    Mearcats

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 13 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Mearcats Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Pieman wrote:So apparently
    Mamo is off to england, good. He is quick, that is it. Horrible haircut, horrible attitude. He will kill it playing fullback in england though.

Will Smith is on his way back to newcastle, good. He will be our fullback if he comes, I rated him in his time in the 1 at penrith. A good low cost fullback, happy to take him till we can snare or develop an elite one.

Newcastle are looking like a very very different side next year.

Possibly adding david fifita and will smith

1. Smith
    2. Elliot
    3. Matutia
    4. Gagai
    5. Ross
    6. Mullen
    7. Hodkinson
    8. D. Fifita
    9. Kostjaysn
    10. Saifiti
    11. Barnett
    12. Matutia
    13. Buhrer

14. Levi
    15. Saifiti
    16. Sims
    17. King, duno who else.

Still thin up front and still thin in the outside backs, but me dead its an improvement.

One of the better looking team lists I've seen posted in Newies favour. Couple of problems though.

1) This list obvs hinges on Smith and Difita (grubby twat) which does improve it's make up
    2) Even if Smith does come over, how's his fitness and injuries etc?
    3) IF Mullen goes down and Hodkinson fails to fire again I think you're in trouble.
    4) That'd go close to being one of the youngest second row packs I've seen. Not saying that's a bad thing, just sayin.
    5) That bench doesn't look super. Why Levi? Especially with Buhrer and Kostjaysn in the side.

All in all I think you're one or two decent signings from being competitive, without em though it may be another rough year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:29 am

1. Yeah, agree
    2. no idea, but he is not going to get a run at Penny, so why not come to newy where he would be the first choice 1
    3. WHEN mullen goes down, Luke walsh comes into the side
    4. Yeah mate its pretty young, buhrer is 26 now that turning 27 next year so hes hitting his peak. I think that its too youung imo, they are good players buy 20 year olds just cant play a whole season in the forwards and not get hurt, especially in a side like newcastle
    5. Korbin and Saifiti are pretty decent bench blokes I reckon.
    Buhrer will play back row, we dont have many decent ones so we wouldnt be moving him from there to play 9. Levi has shown some talent, he just needs time to develop. Coming from the bench is the best way to do that. He has a good running game, but when he starts, at this stage in his career - he cant do it because he is buggered from tackling. Kostjayson is a stop gap hooker until levi is ready to be the full timer, IMO. He is a good bloke to start games, tackle hard in the middle and then levi comes on later in the game. Levi is prob the only genuine hooker in the top squad.

Even if we sign Fifita and Smith, I still think we are short on front rowers and outside backs, will be interesting to see what happens.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:15 pm

Pieman wrote:1. Yeah, agree
    2. no idea, but he is not going to get a run at Penny, so why not come to newy where he would be the first choice 1
    3. WHEN mullen goes down, Luke walsh comes into the side
    4. Yeah mate its pretty young, buhrer is 26 now that turning 27 next year so hes hitting his peak. I think that its too youung imo, they are good players buy 20 year olds just cant play a whole season in the forwards and not get hurt, especially in a side like newcastle
    5. Korbin and Saifiti are pretty decent bench blokes I reckon.
    Buhrer will play back row, we dont have many decent ones so we wouldnt be moving him from there to play 9. Levi has shown some talent, he just needs time to develop. Coming from the bench is the best way to do that. He has a good running game, but when he starts, at this stage in his career - he cant do it because he is buggered from tackling. Kostjayson is a stop gap hooker until levi is ready to be the full timer, IMO. He is a good bloke to start games, tackle hard in the middle and then levi comes on later in the game. Levi is prob the only genuine hooker in the top squad.

Even if we sign Fifita and Smith, I still think we are short on front rowers and outside backs, will be interesting to see what happens.

Don't mind your forward pack at all (agree you could do with maybe 1 more bench prop) but to me the biggest issues are:

1. FB: You are struggling if Will Smith (not even sure that is confirmed) is your first choice. He is average at best.

2. Halves: Biggest issue IMO. Your team actually looks competitive with Mullen but he only plays what 2 or 3 games a season. I've said it all along but Hodkinson is shit, plain and simple. Surprised actually that the Knights didn't/haven't made a play for Benji.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:25 pm

We've got Brock Lamb coming through who isn't horrible. If we can stay fit when Mullen goes down ge can hopefully get some more game time and continue to improve. He is our future, whether we like it or not.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:31 pm

I'm stoked we got rid of Mamo, he is horrible. His attitude sucks, he's not even that quick and he's not a fullbacks asshole.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Honeysett wrote:We've got Brock Lamb coming through who isn't horrible. If we can stay fit when Mullen goes down ge can hopefully get some more game time and continue to improve. He is our future, whether we like it or not.

If only McGregor was your Coach.

Badum
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'm stoked we got rid of Mamo, he is horrible. His attitude sucks, he's not even that quick and he's not a fullbacks asshole.
    Yeah, pretty hard to find a bloke pumped up that high that delivered that low.

Blair at the Tigers is one, but obviously wasn't a rookie being touted as the next immortal.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:27 pm

TopDog wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:We've got Brock Lamb coming through who isn't horrible. If we can stay fit when Mullen goes down ge can hopefully get some more game time and continue to improve. He is our future, whether we like it or not.

If only McGregor was your Coach.

Badum
    Ohhhhhh, fuck me, you are oh fire, and without any known kids!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 pm

flasSId* wrote:
    Yeah, pretty hard to find a bloke pumped up that high that delivered that low.

Blair at the Tigers is one, but obviously wasn't a rookie being touted as the next immortal.

yes another example of why the 20s is a shit comp.
    You have some pace and youre the best fullback in the comp.

He is a terrible fullback and an OK, about average small winger with dodgy hands.

Lamb looks OK... nothing special IMO.
    His ears are too fucking big.

The other one is Cogger, he looked OK at times, is only 18. With a few years of reggies under his belt he might turn into something.
    Feeney can fuck right off too.
    Luke walsh is a fucking good backup half I reckon. Always liked him.
    His defence is suspect but his attack has always been pretty good.

Hodkinson is a permanent 6.5/10. No matter how good or bad the team plays. Not capable of having a 10/10, yet never has a shocker.
    He did however lead NSW to one of the biggest upsets in rugby league history, so he has that going for him. Would I swap him for pearce in the Newcastle team? yep, and Twice on sundays.

Smith was good in his short stint at fullback for penrith. I mean, he had played nothing but halves and centre, then goes alright at 1. With a pre season playing 1 knowing he is the fullback - i would be happy with him as a cut price 1 until we can get a marquee FB. I still want us to have a dig at karmichael hunt, ponga or lolohea
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 13 Knightd
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Don't tease us poor fans like that.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Just bumped into Seggy in the middle of Perth. His mate was wearing a Knights jersey and I jokingly said we could use him at the Knights. He just laughed and said I should play. "I always wanted to play I just didn't have any motivation or talent" and his Knights mate chipped in and said I'd make captain. Good to know we can make jokes about how shit we are.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Did you score ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Honeysett wrote:Just bumped into Seggy in the middle of Perth. His mate was wearing a Knights jersey and I jokingly said we could use him at the Knights. He just laughed and said I should play. "I always wanted to play I just didn't have any motivation or talent" and his Knights mate chipped in and said I'd make captain. Good to know we can make jokes about how shit we are.

You sure it wasn't Browny and if so, are you sure it wasn't a genuine offer??
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I wouldn't sign for that rabble.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I wouldn't sign for that rabble.

lol!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:44 am

Will Smith has signed with Parra, shame.
    I assume that means we keep Mamo now... gross.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:57 am

Pieman wrote:Will Smith has signed with Parra, shame.
    I assume that means we keep Mamo now... gross.

... Sakes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:47 pm

You guys could target Josh Hoffman. Not the best FB, but he wants to play FB and he is now stuck behind Hayne he wont get the chance. You could also target someone like Justin Hunt (Who i like at FB), Ben Hampton, maybe lure Quinlan back to aus.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Random wrote:You guys could target Josh Hoffman. Not the best FB, but he wants to play FB and he is now stuck behind Hayne he wont get the chance. You could also target someone like Justin Hunt (Who i like at FB), Ben Hampton, maybe lure Quinlan back to aus.

Yuck to all of that.

I would rather us invest in juniors then hunt any of those players.

Hampton just signed with the Cowboys as well so wouldn't stand a chance.

I would be looking at someone like DWZ who you could be paying a bit of money for but with Moylan at 1. TMM/Cartwright at 6 and Cleary at 7 he's not going to force his way into the 1 which is where he would excel at. He's in a stacked Penrith backline and they might be willing to let him go to free up some cap space.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:04 am