NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

Pieman
    Pieman

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 34 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:49 pm

filthridden wrote:Someone really doesn't like Pieman with all the downvotes Laughing :pp:

Someone just cant handle the truth mate
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Wardell never really found his feet, although was starting to get there.

Randall isn't a loss.

I'd like to see us sign some decent 9 cover though. I feel we're an injury away from lacking depth.

Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Laugh 3 Laugh 3 Laugh 3 Lol Lol Lol

First the stroke comment then this. You are a laugh a minute

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/rabbitohs/matthew-johns-on-souths-motive-for-shopping-robbie-farah-possible-nrl-lifeline/news-story/40b8aaea0362079db5a10e8de8f1138e
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Word is Leicha is a target. OK depth signing if he signs a minimum contract and is happy to play a whole lot of NSW cup.

I actually like Buhrer starting games there.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Lichaa wouldn't be too bad like you said if we can get him for cheap.

He could have been hindering by Des Hasler's gameplan so he might come good. Worth a crack for cheap money.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:15 pm

You lads keep winning, and we'll take the PG rating off your Club thread.

Just saying. Didn't want y'all to be ambushed!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 am

Lol What happened Dessy?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am

Honeysett wrote:Lichaa wouldn't be too bad like you said if we can get him for cheap.

He could have been hindering by Des Hasler's gameplan so he might come good. Worth a crack for cheap money.
    He (and their entire attack) look so much better when he runs the ball. 
    If we can get him on the cheap then why not hey? Buderus can teach him how to pass
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:45 pm

So the dragons have signed James Graham. This means we have signed Blair IMO. Farrrrrk I hope the warriors save us
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:08 am

So if true, looks like Moylan is on the outer at Penriff.
    Would love to get him to play 6 at newie. Lamb and Moylan could be a pretty decent partnership IMO.

Watson can play centre or FB. Ponga can play FB/Wing, or come from the bench - the same way Barba did early on in his career.

Also a guy I would like us to target is Edrick Lee. Surely he would get a jersey for Newcastle next year, wouldnt be asking too much at this point in his career too.

I really hope that the signature of Aiden Guerra has not cost us Fitzgibbon. That guy is a fucking weapon.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Pieman wrote:So if true, looks like Moylan is on the outer at Penriff.
    Would love to get him to play 6 at newie. Lamb and Moylan could be a pretty decent partnership IMO.

Watson can play centre or FB. Ponga can play FB/Wing, or come from the bench - the same way Barba did early on in his career.

Also a guy I would like us to target is Edrick Lee. Surely he would get a jersey for Newcastle next year, wouldnt be asking too much at this point in his career too.

I really hope that the signature of Aiden Guerra has not cost us Fitzgibbon. That guy is a fucking weapon.

Fitzgibbon has signed for 2 more years.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 am

Very happy we retained Fitz. The guy is awesome. Our back row is looking really good for next year - Fitz, Sione, Barnett, Buhrer, Guerra, Jacob Saifiti, yates, stone. Jeez.. some good quality young players there, we are bound to lose a couple. The Guerra signing might really come back to bite us.

Next season, maybe Buhrer continues to start at hooker, Jacob saifiti spends more time in the front row and Sione spends more time at centre. That was we have Guerra, Fitz, Barnett starting in the back row, with Barnett spending a bit of time at front row throughout the game? In saying that, when he isnt injured or off for a HIA Sione is great in the back row, so who knows.

King
    Buhrer
    Saifiti
    Barnett
    Guerra
    Fitz

Hodkinson (lamb?)
    Lamb (watson?)

Ross
    Sione? the other matutias?
    Watson? Plythian?
    SKD
    Ponga

Jacob Saifiti
    Stone
    Levi
    Yates

There is prob a couple of signings left in us as well before the next year begins. We are actually pretty skint outside backs which is usually the opposite at newie. Still light on front rowers too. I wonder what % the dogs are willing to pay to get rid of the morris twins. If we could get them cheap then they could be a good experienced left hand edge for us for a year or so.

I woud like us to go after Liam Knight, I think he is at the raiders now. Was an excellent junior player.

Things are looking good for the knights next season. At least now too - if Ponga is a disaster (im sure he wont be but he will have his teething issues), we have Watson.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Pieman wrote:Very happy we retained Fitz. The guy is awesome. Our back row is looking really good for next year - Fitz, Sione, Barnett, Buhrer, Guerra, Jacob Saifiti, yates, stone. Jeez.. some good quality young players there, we are bound to lose a couple. The Guerra signing might really come back to bite us.

Next season, maybe Buhrer continues to start at hooker, Jacob saifiti spends more time in the front row and Sione spends more time at centre. That was we have Guerra, Fitz, Barnett starting in the back row, with Barnett spending a bit of time at front row throughout the game? In saying that, when he isnt injured or off for a HIA Sione is great in the back row, so who knows.

King
    Buhrer
    Saifiti
    Barnett
    Guerra
    Fitz

Hodkinson (lamb?)
    Lamb (watson?)

Ross
    Sione? the other matutias?
    Watson? Plythian?
    SKD
    Ponga

Jacob Saifiti
    Stone
    Levi
    Yates

There is prob a couple of signings left in us as well before the next year begins. We are actually pretty skint outside backs which is usually the opposite at newie. Still light on front rowers too. I wonder what % the dogs are willing to pay to get rid of the morris twins. If we could get them cheap then they could be a good experienced left hand edge for us for a year or so.

I woud like us to go after Liam Knight, I think he is at the raiders now. Was an excellent junior player.

Things are looking good for the knights next season. At least now too - if Ponga is a disaster (im sure he wont be but he will have his teething issues), we have Watson.

They sure are, you should be a chance of avoiding the spoon.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm

Ice wrote:

They sure are,  you should be a chance of avoiding the spoon.
    Whats the record for wooden spoons in a row? Surely the Knights are up there with a hatty.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:28 am

I forgot to add Moga and Ese Ese too - and Lillyman is a done deal apparently.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 am

Moose wrote:
    Whats the record for wooden spoons in a row? Surely the Knights are up there with a hatty.

I think parra won 6 in a row in the 50's and 60's but yeah in the modern era you would think that 3 in a row is a record. Newie have only won 4 which is crazy considering how bad they have been for the best part of 10 years.
    Put of current clubs, parra hold the most with 13.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:36 am

Tigers Never won a spoon
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:24 am

Moose wrote:

Remarkable achievement in the age of the salary cap.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 am

Newie have signed Slade Griffin - excellent signing. Far out we are stocking up on back rowers though. I guess he is the direct replacement for Kostjasyn but still..

Buhrer
    Sione
    Fitz
    Stone
    Guerra
    Griffin
    Yates
    Barnett
    Jacob Saifiti

Whats doing? Surely sione plays centre now and buhrer or griffin start at hooker?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 am

ryno_ wrote:

Remarkable achievement in the age of the salary cap.

At least we have won a comp throughout this time which a lot of clubs haven't done. Its especially amazing that we won one with some clubs being able to "legally" spend a shit tonne more money on their rosters than other clubs
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 am

Pieman wrote:

At least we have won a comp throughout this time which a lot of clubs haven't done. Its especially amazing that we won one with some clubs being able to "legally" spend a shit tonne more money on their rosters than other clubs

And people badger Bronco's fans about living in the past.

This is a sinking ship looking worse and worse.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:34 am