NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NIB Knights

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2019 NIB Knights  - Page 9 Empty Re: 2019 NIB Knights

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:58 am

Pieman wrote:I hope we sign Brett Stewart for a season or so as a stop gap till we can target a long term fullback.

Maybe a change of scenery might help but deadset, another injury prone player in your spine is not what the Doctor ordered.

See what I did there...injury...Doctor...

Badum1
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 am

Pieman wrote:I hope we sign Brett Stewart for a season or so as a stop gap till we can target a long term fullback.
    Vomit
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 am

If the bloke can stay on the park for half a season, he would be a good buy for newcastle for a season or two at the most. He is experienced, and when healthy he is still a brilliant fullback. We have a team full of kids, we need some experience.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:26 am

Stewart to France and Foran will go to England. Then Eddie can go back to using Foran's TAB account

EDIT: (Pieman is at it again)

By The Mole

August 5, 2016

NRL’s match fixing scandal is set to explode in the next 24 hours.

RLW has learned that Channel Seven and Fairfax Media are set to make sensational claims about the scandal.

The Organised Crime Squad has been investigating suspicious activity in several matches since early June.

The 2015 round 16 match between South Sydney and Manly, won by the Rabbitohs 20-8, and a round 24 clash between Manly and Parramatta, won by the Eels 20-16 are at the centre of allegations.

But a game earlier this season is also believed to be under investigation.

Stand by for developments.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:12 pm

McManus officially retires.
    Has had a great career. Under rated and over achieved at the same time if thats possible.

A consistent safe player - all the best to him! Congrats on the career.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Pieman wrote:McManus officially retires.
    Has had a great career. Under rated and over achieved at the same time if thats possible.

A consistent safe player - all the best to him! Congrats on the career.

Smart decision, he was a decent player at times.

All the best to him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:02 pm

The polar opposite to Uate...
    Not flashy, safe, consistent, good defender, great in the air.

Played very few 10/10 games, but played a fuck load of 7/10 games.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:29 am

Apparently rochow has signed with Souths on a one year deal...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:31 pm

http://www.zerotackle.com/sims-brothers-may-reunite-23350/ its really a nothing article, just pure speculation.

Not sure how I feel about Korbin. He is still only really young and playing in the most physically demanding position on the field but really has not come on as well as newie would have liked. Still struggles with his hands a bit like his brother Tariq and is pretty inconsistent.
    I dont think we can afford to lose him though, in 3/4 years he could be anything, if he gets those mistakes out of his game.
    I would like to see us sign Sam Moa, a bloke who can start and play 30 mins a game and just be a stop gap till the saifiti boys, King and Sims are ready to be consistent starters.

I would like us to raid the warriors and bulldogs for some fucking props. That Bunty bloke isnt getting a run at the warriors, he looked alright, give him a crack!

Also, thank fuck Jeremy Smith is retiring come the end of the season. Honestly, the bloke has been pretty shit for newcastle for the last few years, wouldnt have got a run at most clubs, let alone a consistent starting position. Held on 2 years too long IMO.

One would think that with McManus/Snowden both retiring - that would free up the best part of 750k.

Rochow gone, meh, hes a good worker but thats about it. The bloke is just too injury prone. Needs to drink more fucking milk. I like him, but not too fussed about him leaving because the cunt just cant stay on the par.

Trying to offload Stockwell - is reported he is on 350k which is just fucking crazy. He has shown glimpses of being alright so I dont know why Brown has not given him more of a run, considering he is on so much cash too. I can see someone paying half that for him for next year eg Penrith.

Hooker is still a massive issue for us, for at least a year or 2 until Levi is ready to be an 80min hooker. Randall is a good energy guy and a good bench bloke... but he isnt a first grade quality starting hooker. He is a guy I would like as say 18th man. I would love for us to convince Nathan Friend to not retire and have him as our starting hooker for next year in a timeshare with Levi.

Backrow is so thin we have turned a winger into a back rower.. and he is going alright there.
    Barnett surprised me, hes a big unit and he has some cunt in him, gives away too many penalties and was woeful in the first half against the Titans. In time he may end up being a quality player though.
    The saifiti boys look fucking good and just need some time.

Hodkinson - was a shit signing for how much cash he is getting, always was always will be. The bloke doesnt stand out in a good team, doesnt stand out in a shit team. He is just consistently a 6/10. His goal kicking is pretty good tho. I hate that he is on like 700k. Its disgusting for a guy who cant create anything.

Mullen............. as much as I like him I would like to see him gone. He is just soaking up too much money and not playing. He is a quality player when he wants to be but fuck me dead he just cant stay on the park. He is the kind of guy who would go to melbourne, have his role reduced and just deadset kill it.

Gagai is clearly our best back, and is paid like it too. No team can afford to spend 500k on a centre, and he isnt good enough to be a full time fullback. I felt sorry for him this year, the bloke tries his dick off every week and just nothing happens for newcastle.

Whos the other centre? Pat Mat? if he is on fuck all cash I can handle him playing centre.

Ross - fuck yeah.
    Elliot, hes alright I guess, cant return a kick for shit but can score a try.
    Mamo - meh. Hes fast, thats about it. His hair fucking pisses me off, has no ball playing ability what so ever, is tiny, He will be in england in the next few years IMO. He is not a first grade fullback, he may make it as a winger though.

Hopefully england takes Uate, as much as I respect what he has done for the club and he was one of my fav players, would be happy to see him go. Would love for him to find some form and demand selection again, but wont happen. He is just on too much money.

I would like for us to chase
    1. Lolohea - he can be our answer at fullback and can play 6 when mullen gets hurt. Offer the bloke a back ended 3 year deal and he can have some of mullens money when we dont renew him at the end of his deal.
    2. Nathan Friend - we need a worker to give time for levi to develop. Timeshare him with Levi.
    3. Sam Moa - if they could get him for 150 or something, do it. Old head that can just be a consistent player who starts and plays 35mins a game.
    4. The fullback from the dragons 20s - have a go at him, hes looks fucking brilliant.
    5. Tim Browne (I think penrith have him, duno why he would go there to sit on the bench behind Latu/Latimore/Tamau/the brilliant bloke with 3 names and a moustache etc etc.)
    6. Ryan Matterson - young and developing like everyone else at the knights but he is better than most of our young blokes.

At this stage, its looking like next year's spooners will be
    1. Mamo
    2. Ross
    3. Pat Mat
    4. Gagai
    5. Elliot
    6. Mullen - Cogger/Percell or who ever fills in for mullen
    7. Hodkinson
    8. Matora
    9. Levi
    10. Sims
    11. Barnett
    12. Sione
    13. Saifiti

14. Randall
    15. Saifiti
    16. king
    17. someone else who rotates with all the other forwards.

Can see much improvement from them if they font change the lineup at all.

I would love to see
    1. Lolohea
    2. Ross
    3. Pat Mat
    4. Gagai
    5. Uate to find some form/Mamo/Elliot
    6. Mullen
    7. Hodkinson
    8. Moa
    9. N Friend
    10. Browne
    11. Barnett
    12. Sione
    13. Saifiti

14. Levi
    15. Saifiti
    16. King
    17. Sims

Matora
    Stockwell
    Matu'tia
    Matterson

Its not that much better, but that little bit of experience helps plus gives time for blokes like the saifiti boys, sims, king and levi time to develop, plus a fullback who can pass.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:06 pm

also, fensom and paul vaughn would be looking for new homes. If Canberra are willing to pay a portion surely one if not both of them could be feasible for Newcastle.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:48 am

Nice work Pieman. How many times do you have to be told.

Did someone mention Fensom ???

http://www.fantasyfootballnuts.org/shaun-fensom-a-knight-for-2017/
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Pieman, Pieman, Pieman...

Friend has had it mate and is ok I guess as a back-up for a good team....which is exactly the type of player Newcastle should be trying to avoid.

As for Korbin, he is a machine and a team man who others would want to play for (just not his bro Tariq). You blokes should be throwing significant coin at the bloke to retain him.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Agreed, Nathan Friend was only ever a serviceable workhorse with no attack even at his peak.  We do however have a COMPLETELY different option in Matt Ballin that you can have  Very Happy

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Fensom to the Knights? Solid signing. Honeysett should be pleased.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Yeah I'd be very happy with that. We need to fix up our defence, attack, subs, training and everything in between. So he solves the defensive game and training.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:11 pm

No Worries wrote:Nice work Pieman. How many times do you have to be told.

Did someone mention Fensom ???

http://www.fantasyfootballnuts.org/shaun-fensom-a-knight-for-2017/

haha

Its not true until the Lurker or Mole tweet it.

I want Vaughn as well.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Pieman, Pieman, Pieman...

Friend has had it mate and is ok I guess as a back-up for a good team....which is exactly the type of player Newcastle should be trying to avoid.

As for Korbin, he is a machine and a team man who others would want to play for (just not his bro Tariq). You blokes should be throwing significant coin at the bloke to retain him.

I dont want him for his brilliant hooking skills. He has never had any attack. I want him to be able to tackle in the middle of the field for 30 mins a game, to give Levi time to develop. Not to mention Levi's back issues may linger.

Korbin... well, as someone who watches him play every weekend, I have noticed that he suffers from the consistency that Tariq has - hopefully he will be more steady with age.
    He also has the same hands at Tariq - he spills at least 1 ball a game just failing to catch it, and another trying to play the ball.
    At this stage in his career he is best suited to playing from the bench.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Honeysett wrote:Yeah I'd be very happy with that. We need to fix up our defence, attack, subs, training and everything in between. So he solves the defensive game and training.

I duno about fensom... sure, he is better than any 13 we have on the books right now but the bloke was not exactly a world beater at canberra. There was a stat, I cant remember what it actually was, but pretty sure the raiders went better when he didnt play.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Pieman wrote:

There was a stat, I cant remember what it actually was, ....
    75 tackles in one game maybe.
    He did the tough stuff when the team weren't quite competitive. Sounds like what you need. You can dump him in a few years.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 am

I would love him on a 2 year deal, to help fix the defence and culture up a bit. Then he can go to england when he's 29/30

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 pm