NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:43 am

toast wrote:

With everyone paying attention to Hughes/DCE/Cleary, I like this as a POD play. Top 5k ownership 0.36%. Not sure if I could pull the trigger myself though.

Munster has scored 3 tries in 3 weeks, which is why he looks tempting.

If he does not maintain his try scoring run, he will be a disappointment (so a true POD, if that is what you are after)
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am

robelgordo wrote:

Why would he not play 80?
    His injury? Do you really think Penrith will risk Cleary when there is no need. A Panther’s ex Team Dr commented on a SC site that he sold him as soon as his injury was revealed. He thinks he might not be back this year. Those injuries are very unstable and the long term gain is far more important than the short term. If he plays again, and the Panthers have the game in the bag he’ll be the first player off.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:I can’t understand how people are hanging on Cleary’s return. He’s not likely to play next week, and even if he does come back after that you’ll need to give him a couple of weeks to see how he goes (no way plays 80 mins for a while) then he’ll get rested in round 25. Surely DCE or Hughes or AD, or just about anyone outscores him by a mile!

When he comes back and scores 92 you'll understand why people are waiting on him. Also of course he'd play 80 if fit. May is injured, who would they interchange in his place? Why play him if he isn't capable of a full game?

DCE could easily be rested in the last round too if Top 4 is out of the equation. Hughes is definitely going to be rested. It's also not like you're not playing anyone in Cleary's absence. I can play a 45-50 average player in the meantime and then Cleary's 160 captain points a week probably makes up for it.

toast
    toast

Post by toast Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 am

Milchcow wrote:

Munster has scored 3 tries in 3 weeks, which is why he looks tempting.

If he does not maintain his try scoring run, he will be a disappointment (so a true POD, if that is what you are after)

True, I think I have some bias towards him as I had him pre Origin and he scored pretty well (only 2 tries). Would take some courage to pull that trigger.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:49 am

my tv broke wrote:Forum bet that Cleary posts 2 or more banners before end of season ?

Smart money says he won't but he is averaging 97 with 4 banners already this year. With his base being so high this is basically a bet that he scores 2 or more tries before the end of the year
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:49 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

When he comes back and scores 92 you'll understand why people are waiting on him. Also of course he'd play 80 if fit. May is injured, who would they interchange in his place? Why play him if he isn't capable of a full game?

DCE could easily be rested in the last round too if Top 4 is out of the equation. Hughes is definitely going to be rested. It's also not like you're not playing anyone in Cleary's absence. I can play a 45-50 average player in the meantime and then Cleary's 160 captain points a week probably makes up for it.  

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:51 am

5 trades left. Ideally my plan is SJ, Macca (AFB if injury news is bad) and Hynes -> Ponga, Cook, and Cleary. That would mean SJ and Macca out this week, and Hynes to Cleary next.

Doing it in that order only gives me 7k of wiggle room though, and Hynes with a 61 BE is a little concerning.

Would you:

a) Sell Hynes to Ponga this week to guard against price drops and guarantee enough cash for SJ to Cleary. Probably a week early on Hynes though.

b) Just Macca to Cook this week, wait an extra week on Ponga dropping more cash and play Schoupp with Avo HLF (as opposed to Ponga with Hynes HLF)

c) SJ to Ponga this week, then either hope Macca returns to 80 or get someone like Grant/Koro instead of Cook next week
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:56 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    His injury? Do you really think Penrith will risk Cleary when there is no need. A Panther’s ex Team Dr commented on a SC site that he sold him as soon as his injury was revealed. He thinks he might not be back this year. Those injuries are very unstable and the long term gain is far more important than the short term. If he plays again, and the Panthers have the game in the bag he’ll be the first player off.

There is no history of players being eased back from shoulder dislocations. He is either fit and ready to play 80 or he doesn't play. All indications are it will be R21.

In terms of need they will likely lose this week and drop to equal 2nd with Souths, they then play Roosters next week and Souths in R23. They need him.

Agree he might be rested in R25, but they play Eels so maybe noe. And a bunch of other players we all own might be rested too.
    michaelz101
    michaelz101

Post by michaelz101 Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:58 am

If I was Ivan Cleary why would I risk my son playing when he isn’t 100%? Reinjury can occur and there is absolutely no need to risk him for the next few weeks. There is no home ground advantage this year and I’ll just save him till the finals run.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:58 am

Which round will that be, Rd 22 or 24? My point is that even if he comes back after the Roosters game, he’s a big chance of being rested before the semis, and an even bigger chance of injuring the shoulder again. I have no doubt he could banner again but ulltimately those other players will outscore him between now and Rd 25.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:02 am

robelgordo wrote:

There is no history of players being eased back from shoulder dislocations. He is either fit and ready to play 80 or he doesn't play. All indications are it will be R21.

In terms of need they will likely lose this week and drop to equal 2nd with Souths, they then play Roosters next week and Souths in R23. They need him.

Agree he might be rested in R25, but they play Eels so maybe noe. And a bunch of other players we all own might be rested too.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:05 am

michaelz101 wrote:If I was Ivan Cleary why would I risk my son playing when he isn’t 100%? Reinjury can occur and there is absolutely no need to risk him for the next few weeks. There is no home ground advantage this year and I’ll just save him till the finals run.

This is a fair point. 3 wins clear of Parra in 4th so not much risk missing top 4.

Whereas a team like Manly genuinely can make a push for 4th spot.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am

michaelz101 wrote:If I was Ivan Cleary why would I risk my son playing when he isn’t 100%? Reinjury can occur and there is absolutely no need to risk him for the next few weeks. There is no home ground advantage this year and I’ll just save him till the finals run.

Wait who is to say he's not 100% when he returns? Mahoney came back last week, same duration as Cleary playing next week, same injury - looked fine.

Does not playing longer reduce the risk of reinjury, somehow? Does increase the risk of Panthers entering the finals with more Ls, less confidence, less aura, cold combinations etc.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:09 am

Why do you think Rd 21? Surely Rd 22 would be far more sensible taking their opposition into account, even then, they’ll win that game without him. This whole discussion is pretty pointless until he actually gets named an hour before kick off whichever round it is. Any player could be rested pre semis so I’d go Doueihi over all of those players as there is zero chance he gets rested and has a great draw. I don’t see DCE getting rested before Rd 25.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

Must be a terrible doctor. You don’t even need to be that good to be a doc at the Panthers

Looking at you mr physio man
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:18 am

robelgordo wrote:

Wait who is to say he's not 100% when he returns? Mahoney came back last week, same duration as Cleary playing next week, same injury - looked fine.

Does not playing longer reduce the risk of reinjury, somehow? Does increase the risk of Panthers entering the finals with more Ls, less confidence, less aura, cold combinations etc.
    Do they have the same degree of injury? Who knows? I’m happy to take the good doctor’s opinion over most people here. Parra also has no other option at No 9!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:22 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Do they have the same degree of injury? Who knows? I’m happy to take the good doctor’s opinion over most people here. Parra also has no other option at No 9!

Dr Death was not a good doctor
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Why do you think Rd 21? Surely Rd 22 would be far more sensible taking their opposition into account, even then, they’ll win that game without him. This whole discussion is pretty pointless until he actually gets named an hour before kick off whichever round it is. Any player could be rested pre semis so I’d go Doueihi over all of those players as there is zero chance he gets rested and has a great draw. I don’t see DCE getting rested before Rd 25.

I don't see DCE resting at all.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:24 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Why do you think Rd 21? Surely Rd 22 would be far more sensible taking their opposition into account, even then, they’ll win that game without him. This whole discussion is pretty pointless until he actually gets named an hour before kick off whichever round it is. Any player could be rested pre semis so I’d go Doueihi over all of those players as there is zero chance he gets rested and has a great draw. I don’t see DCE getting rested before Rd 25.
    Hey mate, whilst you’ve got your crystal ball handy, is there any chance you could PM me next weeks lotto numbers?
    Cheers, Slug.
    Daveboy
    Daveboy

Post by Daveboy Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:30 am

Milchcow wrote:Cleary is averaging more than 20 points a game more than the next best player.

Factor in captaincy points, and if he returns anywhere close to how he's played most of the season, and he is essential.

if Cleary plays 4+ games over the rest of the year, I'm confident you won't be able to win the comp without him

I could have 3 x Cleary and still not win the comp
    I think it's a fair play to be at least in the position to bring him back in if need be

Last edited by Daveboy on Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:13 pm