NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:31 am

Trades for me are pretty simple at the moment. I think Hynes will have to hang around, at least this week.

SJ - DCE
    AFB - cheapie

A few cheap options I'm liking;

Kobe - Looks the safest with a solid starting spot. Minutes aren't the best but solid 30 pointer if needed.

Talakai - Could be the best at his price depending on how long Wilton is out for. Some info on him would be good. Scores the 2 weeks before have been horseshit though.

Trindall - Looking like the more dominant playmaker especially now with SJ out. Moylan back I don't think hurts Trindall's output at all. It probably still increases even with Moylan there over Tracey.

Schoupp - Looks more confident and his base is increasing. Plays for the Dogs though.

Sexton - Worth a shot if Taylor gets dropped for him when Fog returns.

problem is, I may have to play the cheapie if Fog isn't back, unless I give Verrills a run. Leaves 3 trades and;

Brailey
    Haas Tolo IPap
    Fifita CHN
    DCE Hynes
    Manu Bird
    Ted To'o Walsh

Watson Crichton Fog Burton

Verrills Peach Laurie Cheapie

Actually, makes my bench look shit. I'm sure some will be worse off than me. Hmmm.....or I skip DCE and go Doueihi and Friz or a combo like that. Need DCE though I think.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 80 - Everyone gets a banner

Post by Bethany_B Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:32 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

No interest in Ponga?

Same dilemma, but I'd add Latrell and Ponga into considerations.

Ponga looks busted and he tends to drop off at the end of the year. Also he won't kick goals because of Clifford

Trell isn't a bad one but he's very inconsistent and Cody Walker does eat into his attacking stats sometimes.

To'o is extremely consistent and has been scoring tries and breaking tackles for fun this year
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:40 am

wolfking wrote:Trades for me are pretty simple at the moment.  I think Hynes will have to hang around, at least this week.

SJ - DCE
    AFB - cheapie

A few cheap options I'm liking;

Kobe - Looks the safest with a solid starting spot.  Minutes aren't the best but solid 30 pointer if needed.

Talakai - Could be the best at his price depending on how long Wilton is out for.  Some info on him would be good.  Scores the 2 weeks before have been horseshit though.

Trindall - Looking like the more dominant playmaker especially now with SJ out.   Moylan back I don't think hurts Trindall's output at all.  It probably still increases even with Moylan there over Tracey.

Schoupp - Looks more confident and his base is increasing.  Plays for the Dogs though.

Sexton - Worth a shot if Taylor gets dropped for him when Fog returns.

problem is, I may have to play the cheapie if Fog isn't back, unless I give Verrills a run.  Leaves 3 trades and;

Brailey
    Haas Tolo IPap
    Fifita CHN
    DCE Hynes
    Manu Bird
    Ted To'o Walsh

Watson Crichton Fog Burton

Verrills Peach Laurie Cheapie

Actually, makes my bench look shit.  I'm sure some will be worse off than me.  Hmmm.....or I skip DCE and go Doueihi and Friz or a combo like that.  Need DCE though I think.

DCE looks like a nice option and good to add to your captaincy pool too.

I was looking for the AFB news, can not find anything. Is he gone for the season?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:40 am

RE: Harry Grant

"Harry trained for the first time with the team in a while last week, if he can get through all of Tuesday's session he'll be named and then we'll monitor him throughout the week," Ponissi told NRL.com.

Sounds like HG is likely to be named this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:42 am

rectangle wrote:

DCE looks like a nice option and good to add to your captaincy pool too.

I was looking for the AFB news, can not find anything. Is he gone for the season?

I haven't seen anything but he's had surgery so I'm guessing he's out for a while. Just speculating he's out really. Yeah, DCE looking like Cleary 2.0 at the moment. I need at least one Manly player too as they are carving up.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:47 am

wolfking wrote:

I haven't seen anything but he's had surgery so I'm guessing he's out for a while.  Just speculating he's out really.  Yeah, DCE looking like Cleary 2.0 at the moment.  I need at least one Manly player too as they are carving up.

I'm probably overthinking it, but would you consider Hughes over DCE? Worried DCE is a bit overpriced with two banners in his last 5.

Not sure what the magic number is lately, but he's priced mid 70s right?

Hughes probably more likely for a rest though, I can't see DCE resting if they're still in contention for a top 4 spot.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:48 am

wolfking wrote:

I haven't seen anything but he's had surgery so I'm guessing he's out for a while.  Just speculating he's out really.  Yeah, DCE looking like Cleary 2.0 at the moment.  I need at least one Manly player too as they are carving up.

So hard to believe they are the same team that allowed the most points against them in the first four rounds in NRL history*

*I think...

Show's how influential Turbo is to that team.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:54 am

Ok so one out is gonna be SJ. 3+ weeks plus is obvious out, 2 weeks you'd be tempted to hold but it'll be niggling him and I don't want that uncertainty in my side

So I have two options

Option 1
    - 3 trades left
    - SJ to Cook
    - 2 trades left
    - 1 of those trades will be on Hynes > anyone around his price range once he's bumped from fullback. Can get the likes of Crichton, Mahoney, Murray etc. so team is well rounded
    - 1 trade left for injury/suspension

Option 2
    - 3 trades left
    - Trade 1: Hynes to someone around the 550k mark... options being Latrell, Rapana, Radley (been huge last 3 weeks)
    - SJ to DCE as a big gun upgrade

Thoughts on what sounds better from a scoring perspective? Pretty much Cook + Crichton or DCE + Radley (if I go with those options)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:56 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

I'm probably overthinking it, but would you consider Hughes over DCE? Worried DCE is a bit overpriced with two banners in his last 5.

Not sure what the magic number is lately, but he's priced mid 70s right?

Hughes probably more likely for a rest though, I can't see DCE resting if they're still in contention for a top 4 spot.

I think if Pap is back, Hughes definitely at least gets a week off somewhere. DCE won't rest and looking like he's in full fantasy mode right now. Overpriced maybe but you said it, 2 banners in the last 5.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:58 am

Shady2K wrote:Ok so one out is gonna be SJ. 3+ weeks plus is obvious out, 2 weeks you'd be tempted to hold but it'll be niggling him and I don't want that uncertainty in my side

So I have two options

Option 1
    - 3 trades left
    - SJ to Cook
    - 2 trades left
    - 1 of those trades will be on Hynes > anyone around his price range once he's bumped from fullback. Can get the likes of Crichton, Mahoney, Murray etc. so team is well rounded

Option 2
    - 3 trades left
    - Trade 1: Hynes to someone around the 550k mark... options being Latrell, Rapana, Radley (been huge last 3 weeks)

Thoughts on what sounds better from a scoring perspective? Pretty much Cook + Crichton or DCE + Radley (if I go with those options)

Bit of a gamble, but it's hard to go past Option 2 if Radley can keep this up.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:59 am

Shady2K wrote:Ok so one out is gonna be SJ. 3+ weeks plus is obvious out, 2 weeks you'd be tempted to hold but it'll be niggling him and I don't want that uncertainty in my side

So I have two options

Option 1
    - 3 trades left
    - SJ to Cook
    - 2 trades left

Option 2
    - 3 trades left

option 2 by far IMO, but then leaving 1 trade is risky.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Lodge = 666k Twisted Evil
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:03 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Bit of a gamble, but it's hard to go past Option 2 if Radley can keep this up.

wolfking wrote:

option 2 by far IMO, but then leaving 1 trade is risky.

Yeah I'm leaning option 2 as well - thanks guys. Anyone else around that price range you'd go for instead of Radley? Budget would be $555k.

I'd be down to 1 trade regardless but hoping my depth can carry me through any shorter term suspensions if they come up and then just hope for the best.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Luke Thompson facing 2-3 weeks suspension for Grade 2 Dangerous Contact
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:08 pm

robelgordo wrote:Highest score in Fog was 1331 by Pacey. Had the full set of 5(C) banners

Have to put that into the memory bank as I don't think I'll ever see that again.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:10 pm

How come teams don’t target Fifita more in defence to tire him out? Only made 15 tackles on the weekend.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:12 pm

WT2K wrote:Luke Thompson facing 2-3 weeks suspension for Grade 2 Dangerous Contact

Called it. He's not injured so can sit in the EMG for me and Watson will be promoted
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:18 pm

WT2K wrote:Luke Thompson facing 2-3 weeks suspension for Grade 2 Dangerous Contact

Was originally on my hit list to fund Cleary but his performance throws some questions up, think I’ll probably keep him though

Grade 2 bit harsh even though it was a boneheaded play. Would have had 50% loading though I think because he had a similar late hit a few weeks ago
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:How come teams don’t target Fifita more in defence to tire him out?  Only made 15 tackles on the weekend.

Easier said than done probably.. Doesn't help much if the guys targeting him come off 2nd best often.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Murray took the early guilty plea so out for 1 game

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:38 pm