NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Milchcow
    Milchcow

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:50 pm

Actually you mean Grug

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 3 Grug-board-book-9781761102448_hr
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 pm

Who me ?

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 3 Captn-caveman-gif
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Captain Caveman?

Don't know if that is quite what you are describing

That was my thought, was Grug a cartoon ?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:24 pm

Revraiser wrote:What's the name of that old school cartoon character that had hair from head to the floor, longish brown, straight hair. Looked like a mushroom. May have just been a book.

Grug.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:20 am

Yeh that's it!! Grug. Haha cheers. Just a haircut the Mrs got made me think of this. Will be good cannon fodder to have in the back pocket when required.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:45 am

I would strongly advise against it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:59 am

Revraiser wrote:Yeh that's it!! Grug. Haha cheers. Just a haircut the Mrs got made me think of this. Will be good cannon fodder to have in the back pocket when required.
    Got a death wish Revs? Braver man then me.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:33 am

Revraiser wrote:Yeh that's it!! Grug. Haha cheers. Just a haircut the Mrs got made me think of this. Will be good cannon fodder to have in the back pocket when required.

You're a fuckin idiot !!! Welcome to the couch, the cold shoulder, the stink eye, the drought. Share it with your mates not the missus
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 pm

Don't listen to the naysayers mate. I'm sure she'll appreciate the honesty and have a good laugh about her appearance. Probably get rewarded handsomely, if you know what I mean Wink
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:09 pm

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 3 Giphy
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

I was chatting to someone on the Dating Apps last night, haven't heard from them today though. Should I be worried?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:16 am

Finch wrote:I was chatting to someone on the Dating Apps last night, haven't heard from them today though. Should I be worried?

No, I'd say no mate. U can't be worrying mere hours later, if they are genuine they'll contact u or appreciate Ur contact sometime today.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:43 am

Revraiser wrote:

No, I'd say no mate. U can't be worrying mere hours later, if they are genuine they'll contact u or appreciate Ur contact sometime today.

Been over 24 hours now!

But yes, only half joking.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 pm

My advice to you is get used to being ghosted and just roll with it, all my mates who use dating apps have had this experience. Don't take it personally and don't get too invested straight away, enjoy the experience and just roll with it.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 pm

Honeysett wrote:My advice to you is get used to being ghosted and just roll with it, all my mates who use dating apps have had this experience. Don't take it personally and don't get too invested straight away, enjoy the experience and just roll with it.

Yeah I know. Somehow, god knows how, I've actually had decent times dating so far this year, decided to just put myself out there this year, etc etc.

Ghosting sucks of course, so far I haven't experienced in this year, and I've even said no to a couple of people, but ehhh. I think it's worse when we hear the next day "Hey I had a good time, you're a really nice guy and good at talking, but not for me". Kinda makes you feel not good enough, at least for a day or 2 Laughing
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Tell ya what, the lady I saw last week (She said no to me, thankfully because I was going to say the same) - Constantly talked about her job, even beforehand, felt like 50% of our conversation was her job.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:48 am

There's nothing wrong with someone saying not for me, everyone's tastes are different.

Something to really get your head around, don't put your worth in the opinions of others. Fast way to be miserable. You've only just broken up with someone so you're likely just trying to fill a hole (giggity)

Enjoy yourself but work on yourself now as well.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:54 am

Finch wrote:I was chatting to someone on the Dating Apps last night, haven't heard from them today though. Should I be worried?

No

(sorry couldn't help myself)
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:28 pm

Honeysett wrote:There's nothing wrong with someone saying not for me, everyone's tastes are different.

Something to really get your head around, don't put your worth in the opinions of others. Fast way to be miserable. You've only just broken up with someone so you're likely just trying to fill a hole (giggity)

Enjoy yourself but work on yourself now as well.

Ehhh, haven't had a "partner" since around Jan last year. Really only got back into it around Feb this year. so had a long time away, have certainly learned a few thing with each date as well.

Got another one tonight, she seems really cool and seems like lots in common, but we will see.

I'm glad the games tonight aren't featuring any high level teams...
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:00 pm

Well. The date went well, I think? First she greeted me with a hug. I never know if you should hug someone instantly or not, but anyway she did. Finally got to a bar, talked for a good hour or so, smidge more. She did say she was feeling a bit tired, but was enjoying my company. supposedly had a late night last night?  Of course have to take her word for it, hopefully she wasn’t bored lol. Probably sounds like she isn’t interested now, right?

But then, when we left the bar, walked a smidge more. She said that I’ll have to show her a picture of something next time, and that I’ll have to tell her about this thing (It’s on my dating profile, but I never once mentioned it) next time as well. I even asked her “So you think there will be a next time?” Said yes.

Got to her car, she gave another hug, and then we kissed twice, she initiated the first, I did the second.

I think this is good news? She’s very beautiful, wouldn’t surprise me if she wasn’t interested but, sounds like she might be?

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, she’s going away in May. She specifically said we’ll have to do something again in April, not May.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm