NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:34 pm

my tv broke wrote:^ question still stands

Well timed.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Not-Thread-Worthy Thread

Post by No Worries Tue May 31, 2022 1:37 pm

Brother inlaw tried to commit suicide, aunty died and her funeral is on the weekend, just found out a good mate died unexpedicted. They say this shit comes in 3's. Stay safe motherfuckers, I'm getting loose. This has been 1 fucked up year. Don't want condolences, just need to vent.

GO THE FUCKIN TIGERS !!!!!

PS - Clearly I'm already loose.
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Tue May 31, 2022 2:59 pm

No Worries wrote:Brother inlaw tried to commit suicide, aunty died and her funeral is on the weekend, just found out a good mate died unexpedicted. They say this shit comes in 3's. Stay safe motherfuckers, I'm getting loose. This has been 1 fucked up year. Don't want condolences, just need to vent.

🤜🤛

Stay safe mate

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 pm

No Worries wrote:Brother inlaw tried to commit suicide, aunty died and her funeral is on the weekend, just found out a good mate died unexpedicted. They say this shit comes in 3's. Stay safe motherfuckers, I'm getting loose. This has been 1 fucked up year. Don't want condolences, just need to vent.

Look after yourself mate and enjoy life!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 31, 2022 5:22 pm

All good fellas just feeling shit, down in the dumps

Also did I mention the local Thai restaurant is closed !!!!!!!!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Hope youre doing alright NW. Shits tough.

Been a shitty year tbh. Im a positive person but things have been a bit shit. One of our dogs died suddenly (only 2yr old), was super hard to deal with. Have technically broken up with partner of 6 years but not sure if thats gonna stick. We'll see. And last week a good mate died. Fucken 2022 man!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Hope ur doing alright NW, meant to chime in earlier, bad form from me.

Staying above water ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:09 pm

my tv broke wrote:Hope youre doing alright NW. Shits tough.

Been a shitty year tbh. Im a positive person but things have been a bit shit. One of our dogs died suddenly (only 2yr old), was super hard to deal with. Have technically broken up with partner of 6 years but not sure if thats gonna stick. We'll see. And last week a good mate died. Fucken 2022 man!

Some relationships have rocky paths but can stick and get through it.

What type of dogs u keeping MTB ?

Keep positive mate
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Some relationships have rocky paths but can stick and get through it.

What type of dogs u keeping MTB ?

Keep positive mate

Ah mate its one of those mutual break ups that are probably  (definitely) for the best, but still, its hard to do.

We have (had) Kerry Blue Terriers. Beautiful dogs, bit crazy.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:53 am

fuck man, does sound like a shit year. Hope the second half of the year makes up for it.
    Look after yourself, put yourself first as much as you can.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:04 pm

Any of u punks good with Internet types and speeds for home/work set up..  what's a fast Mbps on average? Some providers promot 100mbps as though it's fast

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:43 pm

Revraiser wrote:Any of u punks good with I telnet types and speeds for home/work set up..  what's a fast Mbps on average? Some providers promot 100mbps as though it's fast

100mbps is well and truly plenty. Its highly unlikely youd ever need faster (in the short/mid term say 4 to 5 years). If you were doing media stuff eg editing huge video files and transferring/uploading you might look into faster connection. (but uploads are treated differently by most isps, if you were needing a big upload speed its likely a custom plan anyawy)

For example I think most "4k" streaming (ie on netflix/etc) will pull at around 15 to 20mbps (although they aren't true 4k, think those services do some compression... much of which is not even noticable to a normal user)

Once you go higher speeds anyway the issue is not only your connection to the ISP but the hops between you/your isp and wherever it is you are pulling content from.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:

100mbps is well and truly plenty. Its highly unlikely youd ever need faster (in the short/mid term say 4 to 5 years). If you were doing media stuff eg editing huge video files and transferring/uploading you might look into faster connection. (but uploads are treated differently by most isps, if you were needing a big upload speed its likely a custom plan anyawy)

For example I think most "4k" streaming (ie on netflix/etc) will pull at around 15 to 20mbps (although they aren't true 4k, think those services do some compression... much of which is not even noticable to a normal user)

Once you go higher speeds anyway the issue is not only your connection to the ISP but the hops between you/your isp and wherever it is you are pulling content from.

Thanks mate, awesome. Just needing to sort out my home internet to adjust to a change work is making with how we connect to them from home. Working direct from a laptop now as opposed to a private citrix scenario.and with the switch has plummeted speeds for every single task u can imagine an office worker does.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:39 pm

Anyway, going to upgrade the internet at home e as it was on an extremely slow plan of 12mbps, which I wasn't aware of to he honest as it's been fine aside from recently with the work change. Like home use and phone use etc always ok.

Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:19 pm

🤜🤛

Stay strong mate
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:19 am

Let me just say this home buying market is absolutely fucked.

We've been lucky that we've agreed to buy the rental I've been in for years and we're going to do renovations on it and make it our own. Got it for 235k less than the house we put an offer on down the road.

We put an offer of 865k for a 3x1 that needed some work and holy fuck was that experience shit. The real estate agent likes us and told us it was the best offer until 12 hours to go some cunts come in with cash offers of 900k and 931k - the house would be lucky to be worry 800k. Absolutely ridiculous at the moment.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:55 pm

Honeysett wrote:Let me just say this home buying market is absolutely fucked.

We've been lucky that we've agreed to buy the rental I've been in for years and we're going to do renovations on it and make it our own. Got it for 235k less than the house we put an offer on down the road.

We put an offer of 865k for a 3x1 that needed some work and holy fuck was that experience shit. The real estate agent likes us and told us it was the best offer until 12 hours to go some cunts come in with cash offers of 900k and 931k - the house would be lucky to be worry 800k. Absolutely ridiculous at the moment.

Yeah, it's insane.  

Those prices don't seem that shocking to Sydney siders or Melbournites, but for Perth it's incredible.

Well done on the purchase mate!  Congratulations.  Commiserations on not being able to move though and hide your new address from me.  Congratulations to me for still being able to look through your windows at night.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:07 pm

Congrats mate. If you wanted to move East I could have hooked you up, but seeing the sunset over the water is something special. I suppose for those in the west it's the opposite, seeing it rise over water. I need to buy an island
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:12 pm

What's the name of that old school cartoon character that had hair from head to the floor, longish brown, straight hair. Looked like a mushroom. May have just been a book.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:50 pm

Captain Caveman?

Don't know if that is quite what you are describing

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm