NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion   - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:44 am

Chewie wrote:Crazy drunk party animals having a page 51 party in the middle of the night Shocked
    Cheers

I was asleep. Mad
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion   - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 26 - Centre of Discussion

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:45 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:To keep the stupid centre chat alive.. (sorry)

You can afford anyone for averillo, and have bird and roberts

Who do you bring in and why?

- the peach to save a trade, good old “set and forget”
    - mono as hopefully a budget keeper
    - opacic as a likely medium term option
    - niu for wing cover so I can ditch simonsson when I’m ready and have WFB covered still
    - the other obvious answer I’m missing

All conveniently are round 13 players

So u have to trade right, as no Bird. Wait for Suali if it aligns well.
    Momo is paying premium, maybe Niu ?  It all really stinks doesn't it
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:46 am

wolfking wrote:

Probably Niu or spend the bank on Peach.  I am in the same boat (Niu my only centre this week) but considering spending up on Peach or even just get Roberts back.

A few votes for niu

I couldn’t justify roberts personally. Doesn’t look fit yet. I was live at the game though so might have looked better on TV with the eye test
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:46 am

Snatchpato wrote:If you could get two of these players in the next 5-6 weeks, who would you be gunning for? Factoring in of course points, but also value, bye rounds etc

Cleary, Haas, Fifita, Moses, Matto, DCE, Cook

Fifita is the one likely to rise the most in cash, so I would prioritise him. Unless he gets injured he won't be cheaper than he is now.

Cleary is tough, he's smashing it so much right now you lose a lot not having him as captain, but it costs a lot to bring him in.
    He's not going to get significantly cheaper in the next few weeks though

Due to the HIA Moses should be great to bring in in a couple of weeks.

Matto I would avoid until he has played a full game on return from concussion. His history is a little concerning

Cook, DCE and Haas will all be fine to get in your team, but I don't see any rush to get them in.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:47 am

Revraiser wrote:

So u have to trade right, as no Bird. Wait for Suali if it aligns well.
    Momo is paying premium, maybe Niu ?  It all really stinks doesn't it

Yeah not stoked about the situation

Niu makes sense to have cover. Reservation is Broncos won’t win a game for 2 months so odds of attacking stats are low
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:48 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:To keep the stupid centre chat alive.. (sorry)

You can afford anyone for averillo, and have bird and roberts

Who do you bring in and why?

- the peach to save a trade, good old “set and forget”
    - mono as hopefully a budget keeper
    - opacic as a likely medium term option
    - niu for wing cover so I can ditch simonsson when I’m ready and have WFB covered still
    - the other obvious answer I’m missing

All conveniently are round 13 players
    Opacic strikes me as someone going completely under the radar with all this CTR talk. Makes a bunch of tackles each game in base (19) and has scored mid 30s each game with one attacking stat (LBA) in a single game. The guy is a single try away from being "omg I should bring in Opacic next week" across the fantasy community. With that said, you've already got two CTRs in Bird/Roberts so replacing one of them with someone who may not score amazingly is kinda weird, something to remember.

Niu is cheap and covers WFB as well. I've had great peace of mind having him in my EMG this year. Papy being out last week was no biggy at all.

Peachy will also sit really nicely on your INT, freeing up some positional coverage in MID (for when you eventually wanna trade guys like Leniu, Alvaro, Fui etc).

Momo is a solid choice.

Mono on the other hand is mostly available in teenagers and so you might have to wait until Suaalii is in the Roosters team to grab that one.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:49 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

A few votes for niu

I couldn’t justify roberts personally. Doesn’t look fit yet. I was live at the game though so might have looked better on TV with the eye test

Yeah Roberts just a cheap option but I'm leaning towards spending the bank on Peachey personally.

My answer would be Niu though if I didn't have him.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am

Suaali would be perfect in every way but it’s a way off still it seems
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:Would you guys pull the trigger on Tino to Twal? I'm generally conservative so thinking to wait (sometimes to my detriment though), but may not be able to afford next week if results don't go my way. Pretty sure Tino is on the right track so leaning towards holding off on the second trade.
    I'm holding Tino this week too. I really do see a monster score on the horizon (he could have had a Fifi score last week had a few more LBs/erros gone his way). Trying to look past the recent fantasy scores and remember why I brought him in the first place. A massive, strong, dynamic forward who loves running good lines at the edges is going to go BOOM at some stage. Yes he'll have those games in the 30s and 40s, but I'm trying to envision a season average in the 50s. Just gotta hope I've made the right call.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:51 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Opacic strikes me as someone going completely under the radar with all this CTR talk. Makes a bunch of tackles each game in base (19) and has scored mid 30s each game with one attacking stat (LBA) in a single game. The guy is a single try away from being "omg I should bring in Opacic next week" across the fantasy community. With that said, you've already got two CTRs in Bird/Roberts so replacing one of them with someone who may not score amazingly is kinda weird, something to remember.

Niu is cheap and covers WFB as well. I've had great peace of mind having him in my EMG this year. Papy being out last week was no biggy at all.

Peachy will also sit really nicely on your INT, freeing up some positional coverage in MID (for when you eventually wanna trade guys like Leniu, Alvaro, Fui etc).

Momo is a solid choice.

Mono on the other hand is mostly available in teenagers and so you might have to wait until Suaalii is in the Roosters team to grab that one.

This is a major plus for me. I can run Bird and Niu and Peach can fill in the 14-17. Niu has been solid enough for the centre position and let's Peach roam around.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:52 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Suaali would be perfect in every way but it’s a way off still it seems

Reports are he's definitely not playing this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:57 am

Syzy wrote:Anyone selling either Liddle or Brooks?

Both are concerns for me.

Liddle without his tries averages 36. Now his minutes may be reduced.

What minutes were you expecting from Liddle when you started with him?

He'd never played 80 minutes in first grade prior to round 1. A 60 minute average should have been around expectations, where he has a historical average of 44. That does include a try every 2 games, which may be hard to sustain. So you might have to sell him a little early, bit there s no rush.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:01 am

wolfking wrote:

Reports are he's definitely not playing this week.

Reports are he is unlikely to play this week.

Which is different to definitely not. But can't bank on it with Roosters so late in the round.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:03 am

Milchcow wrote:

Reports are he is unlikely to play this week.

Which is different to definitely not. But can't bank on it with Roosters so late in the round.

I'm with you though. If we found out before the Dogs game he is playing, he would be in for me without hesitation.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:08 am

Best captaincy pick this week?

Fifita - Backs up his stomping last week?
    Angus - Stands up to protect young Walker and provide the goods?
    Cleary - Gold standard, but will he get 80 if they're 30 ahead of a sh!t manly?
    Paps - Can he roll through the Broncs?

Thoughts? I'm leaning Angus or Cleary
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:11 am

bigbruno wrote:Best captaincy pick this week?

U choose every week, you lose. 

Cleary all the way. Less fun, but historically proven.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 am

Robinson was on 2GB this morning and mentioned Norths don't play this weekend so using the opportunity to expose Suaalii to the game day experience.
    Sounds like he'll warm up as 18th man and not actually play.

(have new concussion rules taken effect yet? Maybe he can get a run that way if required. Poor Roosters if they hit 3 concussions again though)

Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 am

Revraiser wrote:

U choose every week, you lose. 

Cleary all the way. Less fun, but historically proven.

Yep, Cleary without hesitation
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:14 am

bigbruno wrote:Best captaincy pick this week?

Angus has scored 67 and 54 this year.
    Cleary has 96 and 82.

Sure Angus has the potential to go big in him, and Cleary might have a quiet one, but the odds are not in that favour.
    You will lose more often than you win taking that bet.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:15 am

bigbruno wrote:

Last time Penrith played Manly, they won by 30 and Cleary scored 105

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:15 pm