NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team

Spectre
    Spectre

Rate My Team - Page 37 Empty Re: Rate My Team

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:12 pm

In regards to my team above, what if I swap Turner for a nuffie and have that empty wfb spot given to Mann($30k left) or Mansour(close to nothing left)

Means having four reserves of Lichaa, Evans, Packer and Rochow. Not too bad is it? Plus strengthens my backs
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Random wrote:Help... me.... please....

Rate My Team - Page 37 A173e594cdb6eb7f70dfcb4b2ee4c739

I have $257 000 in the bank.

- I lack a Captain (Cash in bank to change it.)
    - I could bring in Smith, but Hampton is on the bench now..
    - I could upgrade Sue, Rochow, Taia, or Whitehead to anyone not named Parker...
    - I could turn McGuire -> Fifita for my Captain issues...
    - I could bring in Copley or Auva'a for Aubusson or Ferguson for more cash...
    - I still haven't fit Safiti in yet...

Just get in Smith or Parker, don't over think it. Hinchcliffe was on the bench all those years and Smith still pumped out mega scores
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 pm

morethanjustakeyboard wrote:Hey all, first post. Been a lurker for a few years.

Licha Hodgson
    Graham McGuire Evans Packer
    LAM Surgess Cartwright Paulix2 Saifiti Leuluai
    Hastings DCE Jikorima Taylor
    Benry Aubo N Green Auva'a
    Mansauce TED Barba L Mitchell Gutherson

Im tossing up Mansauce to get more money into second row. Still have two reserves to pick.

Cheers

- Hodgson has to be weary of bench but he should hopefully be fine.)
    - Solid FRF selections
    - I think there are better picks than Pauli Pauli, though costing more. (He is in the 17 but could play limited minutes in the FRF with Snowden, Mataora and K. Sims arguably ahead of him.)
    - Keep Mansour he should be great.
    - No Feeney? I would swap out Auva'a for him (Via. Gutherson) Auva'a may be an option later in the year, but Feeney is an option now.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:18 pm

jstands wrote:

Just get in Smith or Parker, don't over think it. Hinchcliffe was on the bench all those years and Smith still pumped out mega scores

You know what, I will take Smith..

It still leaves me with $161 000. :/
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Random wrote:

You know what, I will take Smith..

It still leaves me with $161 000. :/

Get another scoring bench player. One of Hastings or Nikorima are going to get bulk of the point, not both. So start whoever that turns out to be and then have that extra man you bought as fourth reserve
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:24 pm

superbucks wrote:Not sure on SST now with him on the bench, maybe he still gets 50mins? My team below won't change much, should have that structure come rd 1.

Smith, Liicha
    Woods, Ah Mau, Evans (Welch-Nichol)
    SBurgess, Merrin, MCooper, Cartwright, Saifiti (Leuluai)
    DCE, Hastings (Taylor, JNiko)
    Aubusson, Henry (Matai, Auva'a)
    Slater, Barba, Feeney (Mitchell, Gutherson)

I wouldn't look at SST, lots of other options at that price range.

- No interest in Bhana? I would bring him in for Welch (Via. Leuluai) as NAS and Kaufusi are named on the Storm bench as well.
    - No Matai.. just no.. Copley or Green look like better options.

I have to say this team looks stacked as f...
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:26 pm

jstands wrote:

Get another scoring bench player. One of Hastings or Nikorima are going to get bulk of the point, not both. So start whoever that turns out to be and then have that extra man you bought as fourth reserve

I reviewed your team in the other thread, while I agree I could pick up another Mid-Tier player not sure who as I really like the looks of Bhana and B. Henry.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Random wrote:

I reviewed your team in the other thread, while I agree I could pick up another Mid-Tier player not sure who as I really like the looks of Bhana and B. Henry.

Leulai to Packer or Mataora etc? There is more value in the props this year
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 pm

jstands wrote:
    Random wrote:

Leulai to Packer or Mataora etc? There is more value in the props this year

I highly rate Mataora, and his position looks safer than Leulai's.
    Coathanger
    Coathanger

Post by Coathanger Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Big Nick wrote:

Few things for you to work on here mate:

HOOKER - Both of those guys could work as a second hooker, but they both are prone to dud games here or there and and are unlikely to play 80 minutes every week - try to get one of the big guns - ideally Cameron Smith as he's generally the best captain choice out there.

FRONT ROW - Hannant isn't a good pick unless Scott or Tamou cop long-term injuries, and your benchies probably aren't getting a game at this stage. Your best bet might be to downgrade Hannant to someone like Grant or Evans, upgrade Welch to Lawrence or Packer, and Kennedy to Vince Leuluai, who's likely to play early on and has DPP.

BACK ROW - Lowe is iffy at that price, plenty of others in his range are more appealing, not to mention cheaper options like Rochow or Sue. All of your cheapies are questionable, and while you can sort them out when teams are named, you might need to fork out for a fourth proven scorer.

HALVES - Mbye and Mann are both dodgy picks. Hastings is a must and plenty of teams will be running with Barba, Nikorima or Feeney. I think you should look to save some money here.

CENTRE - Linnett is a horrible pick at that price, and Griffin won't play. Hurrell is rumoured to be on the outer as well, but luckily there are a lot of likely cheap options here like Auva'a, Scott and maybe Littlejohn. Again, I'd be looking to save money here and spend it on forwards.

BACKS - Oates is no good - he regularly scores under 25, while Mosby won't get a game unless there are a lot of injuries. I'd switch him to maybe Eden, Addo-Carr or Chanel Mata'utia and try to upgrade Oates to Mansour or Gordon.

Main thing to remember is your goal is to have a squad full of guys averaging around 50 by the time Origin is finished, so you want guys who are either already averaging around that mark or cheap players with a clear opportunity to make money.

Thanks Big Nick, Appreciate your help,I will make some changes.
    Coathanger
    Coathanger

Post by Coathanger Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Welcome mate.

Hooker- You have two guys here who are perfectly fine to run as your 2nd hooker, but you need that reliable scorer as your big gun. Yes they are cheaper options than others, but you don't get the consistency and guaranteed minutes you get elsewhere. Luke has some question marks around whether he will play 80, as well as adjusting to a new team, while Granville is likely to not see 80 mins and is an up and down scorer. Would be better to run with one of them, Granville probably the better option given his price, and pairing him with a more reliable high scorer like Smith, or Macca/Peats or Friend/Farah for a bit of a POD move.

Front Row- Surgess is a great pick but not Hannant. Sure he scores all right but there is no reason to think he will see an increase in point this year which is how you are wanting to pick really. He needs an injury to get his way into the starting lineup and even then I'm not sure you would see too much increase in minutes anyway. If you are really wanting someone from that price range then possibly the best bet to improve their scores this year is JTurbo/Ah Mau, but otherwise look at seeing if you can find the cash and upgrading to an underprice gun like Woods/Graham/McGuire/De Belin/Matulino

2nd Row-Mannering is an interesting pick. Sure he should still put up big numbers, but with losing the captaincy he could see a reduction in minutes as he doesn't necessarily have to be out there the whole team anymore. Nevertheless he should still put up elite level scores, but this could be somewhere you can look at downgrading in order to fix your hookers. Look at guys like Merrin/Graham as the two just below elite level 2rfs, or guys like Taupau, De Belin, MCooper as guys who could increase in a new role. Lowe is a similar guy in some ways to Hannant. He should score pretty similar to his average and be a nice POD but there just doesn't seem to be too much potential for growth in my opinion. He had a real step up year last year, but with no changes to the Cowboys pack it is hard for me to find ways for him to consistently score more points. Once again look at the guys like Taupau, Cooper or De Belin, Matulino, Guerra as guys who could surpass their average. Cartwright is a good pick, as are your bench but I would worry about not having a 4th option. Henry is still only a possible bench option at the Warriors and none of your 3 reserves will score enough and be regular scorers to cover you if you have to sub them in. Try look for some cheap options here if you are trying to save some cash but try to get at least one reliable scorer rather than just potential cash cows.

Halves- DCE is good, as is Taylor but I'm not sure on MBye and Mann. You need to fit in Hastings there at least as he is arguably the best cash cow to start the season with. If you downgrade Mann to him that frees up some decent cash. That leaves you deciding what to do with MBye. It is has been brought up here before that of the two, Reynolds is the best pick out of the two of them as he is the one who tends to score more when they are paired together. Other than him, you could look at downgrading to another cheapie like JNiko or TMM and running with DCE and 3 cheapies which many on here are running with. If you prefer a decent scorer alongside DCE however then maybe look at someone like Austin/Widdop as PODs, or use the cash gained from downgrading Mann, and upgrading to AReynolds or Sezer. But if you prefer MBye he should still put up solid scores

Centres- Here is where you are spending unnecessary money in my opinion. For years and years, centres have always been kind of the dud position fantasy wise. It used to be that there were a lot of DPP 2rfs here and the scoring discrepancy was so big that you just selected them and left it. But in recent times this has always been the best area to save some cash and look at possible cash cows. There aren't as many obvious ones this year but there at least enough options that you shouldn't have to have a reserve from this position, or at least one that isn't a cheapie. Linnett is once again someone who I would question just on the basis of a lack of obvious growth. Around the same price your best bet would be Aubusson, but you are better to go cheaper here. If you shift Lawrence into your number 1 centre slot, you can downgrade Linnett to Auva'a who looks the most likely cheapie option. Hurrell will always be polarizing as he is so hit and miss, both in terms of scores but also whether he plays or not. If you want to gamble on him then go ahead and there are certainly benefits, but just look at TLT to see some likely cheap options you could run with, or even as cheapies on the bench and start with Auva'a.

WFBs- Ferguson is really the only decent pick here of your starters. Not to say Gutherson isn't good but just that he is a gamble on his scoring so despite featuring in many teams his scoring isn't set in stone. Oates needs to go. Doesn't score well, plays on the wing half usually whenever he starts and doesn't feature in the attack except being on the end of passes. Around his price you could bring in Mann if you really rate his chances this year, you could pay the extra and get the likes of Gordon/Mansour, or you look at a cheaper option in Barba if he gets the FB spot but even then he is a gamble as no guarantee he keeps it.

You've got the makings of a nice team, and a fair few POD options which can be both good and bad. But in order to make the most of the starting salary cap you really need to pick guys who are either elite level in their position, or likely to improve on their priced average and there are too many in my opinion who are just steady picks with nowhere really to go price and average wise

Thanks Beast,That helps so much,I'll make the changes you suggested.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:19 pm

Coathanger, you should post up your squad now after TLT. Just to confirm positions.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Just retweaked my Gun Backs team currently. Got around $140k change.

Rate My Team - Page 37 D2119241672f6d54619f8a45ac8db094
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm

My team after some TLT tweaks:

CS9 Lichaa(R)
    LAM Fifita Packer(R) Evans(R)
    Turner Surgess Parker Benry Leuluai Chee-Kam
    DCE Hastings JNik Taylor(R)
    MAubs CLaw Green Auvaa
    Barba Feeney Gordon Gutherson Mitchell
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Ben Hunt's Butterfingers wrote:My team after some TLT tweaks:

CS9      Lichaa(R)
    LAM   Fifita      Packer(R)   Evans(R)
    Turner   Surgess   Parker      Benry   Leuluai   Chee-Kam
    DCE   Hastings      JNik   Taylor(R)
    MAubs   CLaw      Green   Auvaa
    Barba   Feeney   Gordon      Gutherson   Mitchell

Looks pretty dam strong. I'd be extremely tempted to sell Fifita for a cheaper forward like Woods or McGuire and spending the extra upgrading MCK to a stronger 4th reserve and leaving Taylor as an NPR
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Ben Hunt's Butterfingers wrote:My team after some TLT tweaks:

CS9      Lichaa(R)
    LAM   Fifita      Packer(R)   Evans(R)
    Turner   Surgess   Parker      Benry   Leuluai   Chee-Kam
    DCE   Hastings      JNik   Taylor(R)
    MAubs   CLaw      Green   Auvaa
    Barba   Feeney   Gordon      Gutherson   Mitchell

- Auva'a and Chee-Kam both may not line up. Perhaps look elsewhere there.
    - How does Turner score when the Burgess twins make it back?

Other than that I really like the line up of the team, little light in the WFB but more than made up for with Gun options.
    Cruise Elroy
    Cruise Elroy

Post by Cruise Elroy Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Random wrote:Well it is good to have you aboard Cruise, also you should find a place in our ranked team.

How do I go about getting into a ranked team? I posted in a thread earlier this arvo but not sure if it was the right one.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Cruise Elroy wrote:
    Random wrote:Well it is good to have you aboard Cruise, also you should find a place in our ranked team.

How do I go about getting into a ranked team? I posted in a thread earlier this arvo but not sure if it was the right one.

You have been added, the code will be sent out Wednesday, we are just finalising the first set of leagues.
    Manofsteele
    Manofsteele

Post by Manofsteele Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:06 pm

After changing it 100 times an hour this is what I have atm

McCullough,Granville
    Napa,surgesss(c),Campbell-Gillard
    Proctor,Taukeiaho,B.Cartwright,Grevsmuhl
    Barba,Koroisau,Hastings
    Roberts,Ferguson
    Slater(v),Coote,Trbojevic

Thoughts?!?
    Rabid Hamster
    Rabid Hamster

Post by Rabid Hamster Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:32 pm

How much do you guys think about byes when planning these teams? I have 13, 17 and 12 playing in rounds 12, 13 and 15 respectively, but I CBF planning for every single bye round because I figure I will trade a bunch of cows out by the latter byes. I'm just wondering if 13 is okay for round 12, really.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 pm