NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 10 - ‘Lets get ready to rumble !!

code delta
    code delta

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 10 - ‘Lets get ready to rumble !! - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 10 - ‘Lets get ready to rumble !!

Post by code delta Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:33 pm

Pubnation wrote:I'm always late for when people put up their league codes, so I created a couple myself.

SYKNAFTX

CSCCMYWV

Please only join one to allow for variety.

Seems there's been way less leagues created this year??
    I joined the 2nd league, so come and beat me.
    ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 10 - ‘Lets get ready to rumble !! - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 10 - ‘Lets get ready to rumble !!

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 pm

Am I nuts if I whack Radley in NPR for a week and play Niu instead?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Based on what? I haven't seen his name mentioned once in the last month, but if you wanna kill your 21st spot in week 2, because you think a 26-year-old no-name rookie, that has only been selected because he's the last hooker standing, and wasn't even on the Bulldogs radar enough to be offered a development contract, is going to impress so much in the 20 odd minutes he gets that he skips the queue and gets offered a full-time NRL contract on the spot, killing the Bulldogs chance to negotiate with a free agent if the opportunity presents itself, which is why literally every team has kept a spot open on their squad, then more power to you I guess...
    Based on Barrett taking him aside and saying he likes what he sees in him and can see a role for him at the Bulldogs.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:35 pm

ytsb wrote:Am I nuts if I whack Radley in NPR for a week and play Niu instead?
    Radley has said he expects to return off the bench. Dont see him having his 60 minute role from last season in a hurry.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:36 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I'd settle for him getting a top 30 upgrade and the 14 jersey. Is much more versatile than Katoa, covers hooker, the halves and with Averillo there it means they have the whole backline covered. At $228k with his ability, could go ok. Scored 37 fantasy points in 20 minutes the other day, 2 line breaks and a try. He also shone in the earlier Dogs trial. Apparently Katoa is carrying a calf injury and Averillo is also coming in with an injury. Will be keeping an eye on team lists leading into the game.

Pro rata that bad boy right up

I won't be stupid and expect him to play 80 in his first, first grade game so I'll put him in for 60 mins

111 fantasy points in R1 coming right up! Boosh
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:39 pm

I think it comes down to - score a try in a trial game = matt wants to picks them hah
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:I think it comes down to - score a try in a trial game = matt wants to picks them hah
    Nah, not going near guys like Latrell or Walker. Just liking what I see in a guy that could end up in a bigger role this season.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Welshy wrote:Does Twal firm any re-interest with that Tigers bench?

Three props on the bench not looking good!
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:44 pm

random question - anyone know what's up with Moses Suli on the fantasy site? He is coming up at $405k without a photo, no 2020 data and a red cross next to his name. MTB's site (which I guess pulls data automatically from the fantasy site?) has two Moses Suli's playing CTR for Manly - with game data only available for the second one (who costs $378k).
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:44 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Based on Barrett taking him aside and saying he likes what he sees in him and can see a role for him at the Bulldogs.

Seriously it's all coach speak mate. I coach an u11s side and that's the exact thing I would say to a kid to give them a push to go harder in training/game. Confidence booster
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Anyone still keen on BSmith or has he become Turpin?
     Im having both thanks.

Another 45k on top of Milford gets u CHT also

Last edited by Revraiser on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Jele wrote:random question - anyone know what's up with Moses Suli on the fantasy site?  He is coming up at $405k without a photo, no 2020 data and a red cross next to his name.  MTB's site (which I guess pulls data automatically from the fantasy site?) has two Moses Suli's playing CTR for Manly - with game data only available for the second one (who costs $378k).

I noticed this recently in a draft. Dunno whats happened but something has fucked up in the fantasy system it seems

Got a feeling on game day he will be "missing" from the points scoring

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:47 pm

mattnz wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: Coach says nice thing to a player that is part of his team.

I get it, having a base price hooker putting up suitable scores would help you put together the fantasy team you want, but i think you get so caught up in what would be good for your fantasy team and trying to use confirmation bias to will it into existence, that you lose sight of the fact that the coaches are making decisions with the intent of winning football games, not fantasy H2H's.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Took a lot to catch up, but I made it. Guys in my team I didn't have this morning: Milf, Fuimaono, Gosiewski, Croker, Egan, Bird, Averillo. No news there. Just wanted to post something after all of the reading. It's gonna be an exciting weekend.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Reimis Smith didn't get dual
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 pm

With team lists out I've adjusted my team a bit. Will probably change it a few more times before Thursday.

Turpin

Priced at 40. Averages 59.7 with 80min hooker and Broncos have no backup on the bench

Tino Lodge Watson

Tino's minutes are an unknown but big scoring plays seem to happen around him and his ownership makes him hard to miss. Lodge priced at 32 due to injury year but averaged 50 in 2019. Watson is an auto pick

Crichton Fifita

Angus is self explanatory. Found it hard to leave out Fifita and expect Titans to improve this year - and Fifita will be one of the main reasons for that

(C)leary Lam

Captain Cleary with the safest floor and big chance to go the ton. Lam the new Roosters half - expecting something similar to last year's Flanagan without the goal kicking - should be a popular pick

Bird Roberts

Bird previous strong history as a starting CTR and talks of him going to the forwards gives him a lot of upside. Roberts priced at 25 and historical CTR average of 39.4 - cheap with upside

Teddy Papi Moylan

Hard to leave Ted out as he's so far above other WFB options. Papi with goal kicking will improve his average by at least 5 points a game. Moylan priced at 23 and averages 32.7 at five eighth historically, and 38.7 at fullback once SJ comes back - just needs to stay fit to make cash

Brailey Host Riki Liddle

Brailey priced at 31 and averages 44 as an 80min hooker. Yet to play in new rules - obvious pick. Host priced at 26 and earned the starting 2RF spot on merit. Starting 2RFs tend to play big minutes and Host has a historical average of 41.8 on the edge so surely he's worth a punt. Riki a cheap option and scored 50 in his only 80min start last year. Liddle priced at 23 and averages 48.6 with games over 50 minutes - no bench hooker for Tigers either.

Averillo Niu Laurie Utoikamanu

Averillo a good DPP and should score well at 5/8. Niu another DPP with a starting spot until at least Staggs is back. Laurie is basement price and a starting fullback - who knows if he stays there or not but easy to pick. Utoikamanu is really a filler (not sure who to put in 21) but has good PPM with his limited minutes last year and could start after an injury to the Tigers. Could be the Rudolf/JTB of 2021.

$21k remaining

Other players I'm interested in and may shuffle things around to get them in:

• McCullough: Priced at 54 and averaged 65.6 at the Knights last year. Just concerned about Clune on the Dragons bench and Macca is just getting older.

• Munster: Priced at 50 and averaged 54.2 last year taking out his injured games. Should assume more kick metres and assists with no Cam Smith. If he had goal kicking would be an instant pick. Have him a bit split with Fifita.

• Milford: Priced at 32... averaged 55.1 in 2019 before the Broncos' horror year last year. The pedigree is there and Broncos have a new coach. Worth the risk? Just needs his confidence back and a bit of KM to get up there again.

• Momirovski: Priced at 27 but averages 42.8 with starts at CTR. High try scoring rate inflates it a bit but you'd think in the Panthers side next to Staines he'll still get some tries and assists. If he was a bit cheaper would probably lock him in. May still pick him over Bird if I get iffy on Bird's injury history. Also Naden or May could take his spot any time if he has a stinker.

Last edited by Shady2K on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:I think it comes down to - score a try in a trial game = matt wants to picks them hah

It's because he needs a selectable 228k player because he's fallen in love with his other players, but none were named at TLT. Rather re-jig his team like everyone else he's using delusional arguments to talk himself into selecting a player that's fits his narrative. It's Mattnz 101.

NRL Fantasy 2021 - Part 10 - ‘Lets get ready to rumble !! - Page 25 Source
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:00 pm

@Mulvy what happened to Peter Hola?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Shady2K wrote:With team lists out I've adjusted my team a bit. Will probably change it a few more times before Thursday.

Turpin

Priced at 40. Averages 59.7 with 80min hooker and Broncos have no backup on the bench

Tino Lodge Watson

Tino's minutes are an unknown but big scoring plays seem to happen around him and his ownership makes him hard to miss. Lodge priced at 32 due to injury year but averaged 50 in 2019. Watson is an auto pick

Crichton Fifita

Angus is self explanatory. Found it hard to leave out Fifita and expect Titans to improve this year - and Fifita will be one of the main reasons for that

(C)leary Lam

Captain Cleary with the safest floor and big chance to go the ton. Lam the new Roosters half - expecting something similar to last year's Flanagan without the goal kicking - should be a popular pick

Bird Roberts

Bird previous strong history as a starting CTR and talks of him going to the forwards gives him a lot of upside. Roberts priced at 25 and historical CTR average of 39.4 - cheap with upside

Teddy Papi Moylan

Hard to leave Ted out as he's so far above other WFB options. Papi with goal kicking will improve his average by at least 5 points a game. Moylan priced at 23 and averages 32.7 at five eighth historically, and 38.7 at fullback once SJ comes back - just needs to stay fit to make cash

Brailey Host Riki Liddle

Brailey priced at 31 and averages 44 as an 80min hooker. Yet to play in new rules - obvious pick. Host priced at 26 and earned the starting 2RF spot on merit. Starting 2RFs tend to play big minutes and Host has a historical average of 41.8 on the edge so surely he's worth a punt. Riki a cheap option and scored 50 in his only 80min start last year. Liddle priced at 23 and averages 48.6 with games over 50 minutes - no bench hooker for Tigers either.

Averillo Niu Laurie Utoikamanu

Averillo a good DPP and should score well at 5/8. Niu another DPP with a starting spot until at least Staggs is back. Laurie is basement price and a starting fullback - who knows if he stays there or not but easy to pick. Utoikamanu is really a filler (not sure who to put in 21) but has good PPM with his limited minutes last year and could start after an injury to the Tigers. Could be the Rudolf/JTB of 2021.

$21k remaining

I had this exact team as my last draft a couple hours ago. Simonsson instead of Stefano though. Now I have Gosi and Milf instead of Bird and Host and I have no clue which is best
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:05 pm

ytsb wrote:

I had this exact team as my last draft a couple hours ago. Simonsson instead of Stefano though. Now I have Gosi and Milf instead of Bird and Host and I have no clue which is best

Yeah I flip flopped with Simonsson instead of Stefano as well. Priced at 18 and averages 27.2 as starting winger. Is first choice now with Cotric gone. But didn't want another WFB with Niu/Laurie already in EMG. Gosi has terrible previous scores as a starter so steering clear of him.

Edited my original post with some POI's which includes Milford as well. Might be a few here taking the gamble I reckon:

• McCullough: Priced at 54 and averaged 65.6 at the Knights last year. Just concerned about Clune on the Dragons bench and Macca is just getting older.

• Munster: Priced at 50 and averaged 54.2 last year taking out his injured games. Should assume more kick metres and assists with no Cam Smith. If he had goal kicking would be an instant pick. Have him a bit split with Fifita.

• Milford: Priced at 32... averaged 55.1 in 2019 before the Broncos' horror year last year. The pedigree is there and Broncos have a new coach. Worth the risk? Just needs his confidence back and a bit of KM to get up there again.

• Momirovski: Priced at 27 but averages 42.8 with starts at CTR. High try scoring rate inflates it a bit but you'd think in the Panthers side next to Staines he'll still get some tries and assists. If he was a bit cheaper would probably lock him in. May still pick him over Bird if I get iffy on Bird's injury history. Also Naden or May could take his spot any time if he has a stinker.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 pm