NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Understood on Milf...

Sitili I see as a developing player with improvement in him. He'll be up and down 30 to 80 but five points underpriced at least, probably more given the amount of times he was shoved to centre midgame last year. Maybe he's the new Black Widow, I don't know, but Keighran should be Mr Fixit this year.

Also, all the tackling Crichton benefitted from by people running at Flanagan last year Sitili might be getting from people running at Lam.

But don't get him, we don't want exactly the same teams...

Bit too mid for me mate but hard to tell when he got moved so often. If I seen a 45 average from 2RF starts I'd look closer but for now I would bypass

Are you running Lam?

NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 part 6 - Return of the Party

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 pm

Welshy wrote:

Few too many potential middies mate for me and that backline is shit to start season, if 2 fail you are cooked because it will take major surgery to right it

Welshy mate. Don’t help him. If this is his team I’m a shoe in
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:42 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Welshy mate. Don’t help him. If this is his team I’m a shoe in

Got to lend a hand to the mentally challenged mate
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:44 pm

RandomSil wrote:

My squad at the moment.

HOK: A. McCullough
    MID: T. Fa'asuamaleau, L. Ah'Mau, C. Watson
    EDG: D. Fifita, J. Ford
    HLF: N. Cleary, D. Cherry-Evans
    CTR: J. Bird, J. Averillo
    WFB: C. Ramsey, T. Niu, T. Hoy

INT: J. Braily, J. Liddle, W. Egan, L. Lam

EMG: B. Murdoch-Masila, A. Davey, B. Simonsson, $246k

I feel I have gone way too heavy with the mid-rangers and I have $372k in change left. I am somewhat cold on McCullough and thinking about turning him to Tedesco, and keep the cheap backs so they can rotate out easily depending who looks the best.

Yeah, love the gun halves but that backline could fuck your season early mate.  I don't like LAM and Ford starting either.  Neither are garuntees.  Spend the coin.  Maybe look at starting with Brailey over Macca for coin to spend elsewhere?  Riki looking like a must too mate.  Fit him in over Ford at least.

Last edited by wolfking on Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:44 pm

Welshy wrote:

Bit too mid for me mate but hard to tell when he got moved so often. If I seen a 45 average from 2RF starts I'd look closer but for now I would bypass

Are you running Lam?

Yep. That's another plus for Sitili just for enjoyment's sake. Nothing as pleasing as your half putting in your 2rf for a try.

I'm also big on avoiding middles but he's the only one in my squad 450k to 650k, so taking the punt at the moment.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Welshy wrote:

Got to lend a hand to the mentally challenged mate

Fair enough! You’re a true saint mate
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Why isnt there a pack of cunts emoji? Oh wait.. its whenever Welshy and MF post together. I found it
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:50 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    Rabbits21 wrote:

I think Waddell starts

If Jackson moves to lock arent there two available edge spots at the start of the season?

Apparently RFM may be ready Rd 1
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:52 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yep. That's another plus for Sitili just for enjoyment's sake. Nothing as pleasing as your half putting in your 2rf for a try.

I'm also big on avoiding middles but he's the only one in my squad 450k to 650k, so taking the punt at the moment.
    Yeah I am a big fan of combinations in your team, can go huge on their day. I have Fogarty / Fifita and Cleary / Edwards / Momo / Staines
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:54 pm

RandomSil wrote:

My squad at the moment.

HOK: A. McCullough
    MID: T. Fa'asuamaleau, L. Ah'Mau, C. Watson
    EDG: D. Fifita, J. Ford
    HLF: N. Cleary, D. Cherry-Evans
    CTR: J. Bird, J. Averillo
    WFB: C. Ramsey, T. Niu, T. Hoy

INT: J. Braily, J. Liddle, W. Egan, L. Lam

EMG: B. Murdoch-Masila, A. Davey, B. Simonsson, $246k

I feel I have gone way too heavy with the mid-rangers and I have $372k in change left. I am somewhat cold on McCullough and thinking about turning him to Tedesco, and keep the cheap backs so they can rotate out easily depending who looks the best.
    Isn’t BMM and Davey a lot of cash sitting in 18-21?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Welshy wrote:Haven't posted team, maybe once. Currently going into TLT like this, although I have the cash to turn Fog into Cleary

Cook
    Lodge, Watson, Kolo
    Riki, Fifita
    Munster, Fogarty
    Bird, Averillo
    Tedesco, Papy, Hoy

Liddle
    Brailey
    Lam
    Croker

LAM

$392k remaining.
    Just think I can eek out extra points from Fog whilst Cleary loses some (gut feel)
    It doesn’t worry you Ponga could be back round 3?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:55 pm

Welshy wrote:

Few too many potential middies mate for me and that backline is shit to start season, if 2 fail you are cooked because it will take major surgery to right it

That is a fair call, it is hard to justify bringing guys at WFB in that arent Tedesco and his price tag is hefty. I am high on RFM this year though, so if he is fit Round 1 I want him in the team. Just not sure I can bite the bullet and offload guys for Tedesco.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:56 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

He's at the very low end of that middie scale as well so not too bad. I think I personally prefer a few others can match for a bit less but gut call is gut call and I Like that with something behind it.

Thoughts on Bird, I had personally forgot how well he went at CTR last time out, Not sure he can get back to that but cheap enough
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:57 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    It doesn’t worry you Ponga could be back round 3?

Not when Hoy scores 74 in R1 and 59 R2 bud.

Hahh obviously that's the risk mate
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:58 pm

RandomSil wrote:

That is a fair call, it is hard to justify bringing guys at WFB in that arent Tedesco and his price tag is hefty. I am high on RFM this year though, so if he is fit Round 1 I want him in the team. Just not sure I can bite the bullet and offload guys for Tedesco.

Down your middies to base and get a gun WFB, you need the stability mate. If they fluff you are seriously fucked. You have just admitted you don't like many options outside of Tedesco, that's 500k you need to find to right that error

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Welshy wrote:

He's at the very low end of that middie scale as well so not too bad. I think I personally prefer a few others can match for a bit less but gut call is gut call and I Like that with something behind it.

Thoughts on Bird, I had personally forgot how well he went at CTR last time out, Not sure he can get back to that but cheap enough

I'm a wait and see. Is he fit? Does he fit in at Dragons? His BE nearly 30, so unlikely to rise crazily in the first few weeks even if he does v
    well, and by then we'll all probably be needing to trade out Averillo/Niu/Other centre dud so can decide.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:02 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, love the gun halves but that backline could fuck your season early mate.  I don't like LAM and Ford starting either.  Neither are garuntees.  Spend the coin.  Maybe look at starting with Brailey over Macca for coin to spend elsewhere?  Riki looking like a must too mate.  Fit him in over Ford at least.

Someone made a big point about the Broncos pack looking like a logjam with all their forwards and that it may be hard to see Riki start at the beginning of the year. Add to that comments coming from coaching staff about him being too "raw", I dont know if we will see him on the run on side. If he is there I am all on Riki.

I did a rejiggle dropped McCullough, Ah Mau and Ramsey for Tedesco, RFM and 300k player.

I will have one of BMM and Ah Mau to start the year most likely, and BMM costs more so a better gauge on team budget

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:04 pm

If Tolman starts at lock I’ll be getting him and I don’t care!
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Yeah i agree he is a machine but I was meaning more about the speed around the ruck. Maybe Liddle and Simpkin spend time on the field together pushing Twal into the prop rotation, rather than Tigers having 3 big men in the middle all game

Surely, with 3 forward bench that bodes better for Twal for increased minutes rather than it being a negative?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:06 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Someone made a big point about the Broncos pack looking like a logjam with all their forwards and that it may be hard to see Riki start at the beginning of the year. Add to that comments coming from coaching staff about him being too "raw", I dont know if we will see him on the run on side. If he is there I am all on Riki.

I did a rejiggle dropped McCullough, Ah Mau and Ramsey for Tedesco, RFM and 300k player.

I will have one of BMM and Ah Mau to start the year most likely, and BMM costs more so a better gauge on team budget

I don't mind that rejig mate. Yeah obviously Riki is a wait til team lists. I don't mind RFM. Always rated him.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:21 pm