NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by standard-issue Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:After taking SI's advice I have cut Wade Graham and have picked up Fensom leaving me with $0 left.

Smith, Seggy
    J.Graham, Woods, McGuire, Welch
    Surgess, Fensom, Rochow, Pauli, Chee Kam, Bhana
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Niko
    Copley, Gutherson, Henry, Auva'a
    Fergo, Gordon, Mann, Mitchell, Philips

I count 7 guns in there and that seems to be a very good number this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by standard-issue Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:06 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:
    SI wrote:

Lol  you sure it will be just the one draft clacks?  Who is LAM?  Clearly he is a gun in the first possy and I hven't been drinking, but can't think who that stands for.

Lesson Ah Mau

Idea of course. Seems to be getting some love. Very honest player.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:07 pm

SI wrote:

I count 7 guns in there and that seems to be a very good number this year.

cheers. not too comfortable with that $0 balance but I guess there are the guns to downgrade should I need cash
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:09 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

Actually easier to recover from Copley/Gutherson shitting the bed than anyone else, since you've presumably used the savings from picking them on someone decent in another position. The problem with outside backs is that they don't usually have the base stats, so their standard deviations are always higher than an equivalent value forward. Not a problem if you plan to keep them long term, but not good if trying to use them as an upgrade stepping stone. I reckon this year there's a bit of value around the 300k mark in the WFB, but any lower than that you may as well be playing Gutherson (Mann and Holmes would be the exception, IF they are picked at FB).

Yea but if they both shit the bed you are already at rookie price so the step up to upgrading is higher?

At least with Hurrell and Lafai the price to upgrading is lower... unlikely to score any lower than last year so if you aint happy with the 25-30 you can upgrade, if one of the rookies start firing you might even save some cash loss by downgrading and jumping on that
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Damn, Panda's league filled up so fast! Every year I'm too slow lol
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 pm

This year is tough to get the depth..

What does everyone think of my first team:

Smith, Granville

Graham, Woods, Pauli, Lynch

Parker, Fensom, Ah Mau,  Akauola, Bhana, Crichton

Johnson, Hastings, Taylor, J. Nikorima

Copley, Auva'a, Henry, LittleJohn

RTS, J.Roberts, Gordon, Gutherson, Mitchell

Lots of nuffies, so will depend on final teams. Basketball

Last edited by GoingNuts on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : special)

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Anyone keen on Feldt?? average of 35 but priced at 30. Could go alright
    maverick

Post by maverick Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi all,

just joined up and its great to read everyone's thoughts on player selections, and even better to see people post full squads.

Does anyone have an excel sheet with player names prices and positions?

Last edited by maverick on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Anyone keen on Feldt?? average of 35 but priced at 30. Could go alright

Shhh!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:26 pm

Ok.. Ive had a few drinks but ive tried for another squad.

Smith, Seggy
    Woods, Graham, Ah MAu, Griffen
    Surgess, Rochow, Merrin, Tapine, Pauli, Chee-Kam
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, Jniko
    Aua'va, Lafai, Henry, Copley
    Gutherson, Slater, Holmes, Mitchell, Anderson

27k left over
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:29 pm

GoingNuts wrote:This year is tough to get the depth..

What does everyone think of my first team:

Smith, Granville

Graham, Woods, Pauli, Lynch

Parker, Fensom, Ah Mau,  Akauola, Bhana, Crichton

Johnson, Hastings, Taylor, J. Nikorima

Copley, Auva'a, Henry, LittleJohn

RTS, J.Roberts, Gordon, Gutherson, Mitchell

Lots of nuffies, so will depend on final teams. Basketball

1st team I think I've seen Johnson in so that's a bold move. Nice array of guns there, but I think you are losing out with your reserves by having Smith Parker and RTS. I can't work out who your 4th reserve would be from your squad. Niko possibly but I would much rather have him just slowly earning some cash while hastings does the work than have to rely on Niko to be a worthwhile scorer from the get go. Never like having backs as reserves either as they can be more volatile so that rules out gutherson as well.

Why not downgrade RTS to even someone like GI and get someone like Tapine for your 2nd row
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Welshy87 wrote:

Yea but if they both shit the bed you are already at rookie price so the step up to upgrading is higher?

At least with Hurrell and Lafai the price to upgrading is lower... unlikely to score any lower than last year so if you aint happy with the 25-30 you can upgrade, if one of the rookies start firing you might even save some cash loss by downgrading and jumping on that

I'm just hoping my opponents see this:

Smith,
    Surgess, Douglas, JTrbo
    Parker, Gallen, Fensom, Taupau, Ah Mau

... And forfeit before they scroll down to the odds and ends that make up my backline.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 pm

maverick wrote:Hi all,

just joined up and its great to read everyone's thoughts on player selections, and even better to see people post full squads.

Does anyone have an excel sheet with player names prices and positions?

Welcome maverick.  Our resident stats guru is a Bovine called Milchcow.  He has posted some great stats and a Team Planner in the below thread, and he will post the BE's when he can throughout the season as well.  It's a thankless job for him, but better than the alternative, which is when he stops producing we plan to slaughter him and feed off his corpse.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t128-break-evens-stats-spreadsheets-etc
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:39 pm

[/quote]

1st team I think I've seen Johnson in so that's a bold move. Nice array of guns there, but I think you are losing out with your reserves by having Smith Parker and RTS. I can't work out who your 4th reserve would be from your squad. Niko possibly but I would much rather have him just slowly earning some cash while hastings does the work than have to rely on Niko to be a worthwhile scorer from the get go. Never like having backs as reserves either as they can be more volatile so that rules out gutherson as well.

Why not downgrade RTS to even someone like GI and get someone like Tapine for your 2nd row[/quote]

@Beast

Cheers Beast,  My initial reserves were Granville, Pauli, Taylor and Henry.  But as you said, hardly solid nor reliable options.   I will look into the changes.   I have Johnson for the same reason I have RTS.  I think they will work well together, and RTS will get some meat pies, and Johnson will get plenty of assists this year.  Something to look at in pre-season & nines.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:51 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I'm just hoping my opponents see this:

Smith,
    Surgess, Douglas, JTrbo
    Parker, Gallen, Fensom, Taupau, Ah Mau

... And forfeit before they scroll down to the odds and ends that make up my backline.

Lol
    maverick

Post by maverick Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:55 pm

SI wrote:

Welcome maverick.  Our resident stats guru is a Bovine called Milchcow.  He has posted some great stats and a Team Planner in the below thread, and he will post the BE's when he can throughout the season as well.  It's a thankless job for him, but better than the alternative, which is when he stops producing we plan to slaughter him and feed off his corpse.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t128-break-evens-stats-spreadsheets-etc

Thanks for the reply!

Appreciate it, will post my team when im done.

Look forward to the season.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:56 pm

Cheers Beast,  My initial reserves were Granville, Pauli, Taylor and Henry.  But as you said, hardly solid nor reliable options.   I will look into the changes.   I have Johnson for the same reason I have RTS.  I think they will work well together, and RTS will get some meat pies, and Johnson will get plenty of assists this year.  Something to look at in pre-season & nines.

I'm looking pretty damn hard and SJ myself with the same thinking as you. I reckon worse case scenario he performs the same as last year and you have yourself a decent POD who won't play origin.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:58 pm

SI wrote:

I reckon the majority of the ones that have joined up over the last few weeks have gone over to Sportal first and seen your's and Milchy's not-so-subliminal advertising Very Happy .

So my edits don't get a mention, I see how it is. Wanker.
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:07 am

Did anyone notice in Panda's league last year the losers semi final, I scored (784) more then Kali Kookaburras (744) and it sent him through to the final.

Some choice head must have been offered that round. bounce

Flip Off
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 am

Thinking about optimum final 17s. Something like

Smith, Sege
    Fifita, JBrom, Surgess
    Parker, Mannering, Fensom, Merrin/Gallen
    DCE, JT, SJ
    Dugan, Roberts
    RTS, Ted, GI

Obviously one of the CTR/WFB cows could help you out and do a Soliola/Bird, but question is what's the minimum of your final 17 you need in your starting squad to avoid overtrading?

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:02 pm