NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Post by Welshy Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Bren wrote:

+1 All aboard the Milf bandwagon.
    He was class towards the mid and back end of the season, after a full years in the halves can only see him getting better
    filthyklean
    filthyklean

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Post by filthyklean Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:

G'day filthykean, got any inside knowledge there on Taia or just an educated guess?

"Inside" knowledge
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 14 Inside10
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Well now...

Filthy wins everything ever.

Filthy if it is you able to get in, if you can share what the hell does Pulse mean?

Last edited by Random on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Birdy
    Birdy

Post by Birdy Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Zeb Taia - $358k. A bit too expensive considering he may not play big mins.
    filthyklean
    filthyklean

Post by filthyklean Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Random wrote:
    Filthy if it is you able to get in, if you can share what the hell does Pulse mean?

Its hideous, and im hoping they're going to remove it. Its not loading for me at the moment, but i do have a shot from a month ago
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 14 Pulse10
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 14 Pulse210
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Well it certainly does look hideous, and one more question. How did you get advanced access? Just lucky?
    Birdy
    Birdy

Post by Birdy Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:48 pm

It looks like Pulse could be something similar to NFL Fantasy Genius.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:51 pm

Welshy87 wrote:
    hooking combo also something similar to what I was looking at. Did you go with Peats for his great byes again as the second hooking option? I was trying to decide out of peats and J friend who is gaurenteed the most 80 min games

As I said earlier in the thread, asking who is more likely to play 80 minutes is the wrong question.
    Unless you just want to grab Ennis and be done with it.

Ask instead who will score more points. Peats was killing it after returning from injury last year. That plus his good byes mean he is going to be in my team if I can afford it.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:55 pm

filthyklean wrote:

"Inside" knowledge

Skills!!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Milchcow wrote:

As I said earlier in the thread, asking who is more likely to play 80 minutes is the wrong question.
    Unless you just want to grab Ennis and be done with it.

Ask instead who will score more points.  Peats was killing it after returning from injury last year. That plus his good byes mean he is going to be in my team if I can afford it.
    if I knew who would score more points then I would be winning the entire comp lol but with hookers of friends and peats Ilk both whom make a ton of tackles if one is playing 80 and the other 65 the guys playing more minutes is LIKELY to score more points, both can play 80 with little of what I can see of decent backup, if there was a clear minutes disparity I would go with the more minutes as their prices are very similar
    filthyklean
    filthyklean

Post by filthyklean Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Random wrote:Well it certainly does look hideous, and one more question. How did you get advanced access? Just lucky?

Turn's out they have a mirrored page where they roll out the changes. Managed to find the link one day looking through the code of the website.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm not suggesting you use your fortune teller skills to predict points.

Just saying that the question "who will play more minutes" is not looking at player selection the right way.

Parker is pretty much the best in the game. And he averaged 62 minutes last year. Plenty of guys play 80 and pump out rubbish scores.
    A better question is asking if minutes/team role will increase from 2015. For Friend and Peats that's going to be around the same I think.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:35 pm

filthyklean wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

G'day filthykean, got any inside knowledge there on Taia or just an educated guess?

"Inside" knowledge

Shocked
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I'm surprised filthyklean's like/reputation count is still below his post count.

Welcome to the forum mate. I thought you were an alt when you first registered. Were you on Sportal?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I'm not suggesting you use your fortune teller skills to predict points.

Just saying that the question "who will play more minutes" is not looking at player selection the right way.

Parker is pretty much the best in the game. And he averaged 62 minutes last year. Plenty of guys play 80 and pump out rubbish scores.
    A better question is asking if minutes/team role will increase from  2015. For Friend and Peats that's going to be around the same I think.
    This is in a way what i was trying to get at mate being a similar price and both offering a lot and playing similar minutes is there any reason to think that either may get an increase/decrease in minutes due to better cover etc
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Does anyone still have access to the sportal forum? Be could to grab the posts of last years winner in his round by round break down it was great stuff
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Who is the roosters utility or back up hooker this year? Hasting to start in halves, mcgilrick released I guess that leaves Aubbo so we may see an increase in minutes to start the season and then I guess Nikorama will come in later like Hastings did mud year. Parra have Pritchard and DeGois ready from the start of the season and I can see one grabbing a bench spot considering the 80 min forwards the Eels have this year.

The counter argument is I expect parra to be much more attacking this year with the players they bought while the roosters have lost a couple of attaching players
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Shanbon wrote:Who is the roosters utility or back up hooker this year? Hasting to start in halves, mcgilrick released I guess that leaves Aubbo so we may see an increase in minutes to start the season and then I guess Nikorama will come in later like Hastings did mud year. Parra have Pritchard and DeGois ready from the start of the season and I can see one grabbing a bench spot considering the 80 min forwards the Eels have this year.

The counter argument is I expect parra to be much more attacking this year with the players they bought while the roosters have lost a couple of attaching players

When scouting through the team lists this is why i asked about the Peats/Friend minutes, both i have under big consideration for my 2nd hooking spot, there seemed to be more competition for Peats than Friend, but i also know Peats shifted into the second row at times last year instead of just being spelled
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:58 pm

PGC rundown up to rounds 12.
    Did he ever finish his season summary? He is a member here so might be able to finish for us

My initial squad was:
    Farah Lichaa
    Fifita Gallen Kaufusi O'Brien
    Parker Guerra Harris James Santi Grevs
    Arey Cornish Brooks Niko
    Aubusson Soliola Kata Aitken
    Ted Tauk Moses Nabuli Lee

Now that you've stopped laughing, apart from Brooks, I was reasonably happy with my initial squad. I couldn't stretch to get Mortimer and I downgraded someone to Kaufusi during the first round to upgrade someone else, I can't remember who. Aubusson had been talked up by Robinson in pre-season and was going to spend some time at hooker. So had Aitken and Nabuli. Don't believe everything you read. In hindsight, I wish I'd started with Elgey over Brooks, who's name was being thrown around and saved the cash, but I offloaded him pretty quickly anyways. More out of embarrassment than anything else.

Round 1 Scored 770, Rank 1704.

Round 2
    Kaufusi - Lisone, Brooks - Lolo
    Being a Warriors supporter I liked the look of these 2. Plus I'd started the year with Luke Brooks.......
    Scored 792 Rank 1295

Round 3
    Grevs - G Stewart, Aubusson - Coote
    Glenn Stewart was being awarded Ben Lowes points, what wasn't to like. Coote was named and a lock for the FB spot for the rest of the season and Aubusson wasn't spending enough time at hooker to warrant sticking with him. I got lucky starting the year with Aitken which allowed me to grab Coote at his basement price. It also set me up for the next couple of rounds with regard to cash-out trades.
    Scored 943 Rank 113

Round 4
    James - Friz, Nabuli - Bird
    There was a glut of mid-range 2RF's scoring well above their prices and James was doing his best to score in negatives every week through penalties and missed tackles. I personally thought he looked really disinterested, so my first important decision had to be made. I went with Friz over Lowe, probably because I was secretly part of the anti-headband brigade. Nabuli to Bird was an easy decision. He was/is the slowest Fijian I have ever seen.
    Scored 890 Rank 59

Round 5
    Lisone - JTurbo, Santi - Lovett
    Lisone had peaked and JTurbo was scoring reasonably consistent mid 30's for a guy less than $150k. Lovett had the lowest BE going round and looked good for a 4th scoring reserve, capable of base 40's and had obviously taken Santi's spot for the time being. Cash generation was the biggest priority, especially considering my starting 16 was holding it's own.
    Scored 917 Rank 30

Round 6
    Guerra - Tolman, Arey - SJ
    Probably would have preferred to not trade this round, but with Guerra breaking his jaw and James Graham trying his best to amputate Arey's leg, my hand was forced. Tolman seemed logical, with Graham out an increase in minutes was on the cards plus he had great byes. My second tough decision had to be made as to who would replace Arey. Hunt v SJ. At $100k cheaper and bottomed out, as well as being a Warriors supporter, I opted for SJ. Hunt scored 90 that round......Nevertheless, I moved into the top 10 for the first time during the season.
    Scored 896 Rank 6

Round 7
    Fif - Gurgess, Cornish - Blake
    Fifita got suspended and Cornish got dropped for no apparent reason. Gurgess looked great with byes not far away and was always in my plans, Blake was regrettable but with my starting 17 still scoring well, he was the only option for a cash grab.
    Scored 852 Rank 15

Round 8
    Gallen - Fensom, O'Brien - Turgess
    Gallen ruptured his arse and O'Brien was sitting there doing nothing, so I decided to invest in Turgess who had moved into the starting 13, fantastic byes and looked like he had a great work rate, although not necessarily the TB ability of his brother. Fensom was always in my plans for Rnd 11 and my final 17, so he was an easy choice to replace Gal.
    Scored 791 Rank 19

Round 9
    Lolo - Hoeter, GStewart - Mannering
    With Rnd 11 around the corner and Lolo looking like he had peaked, in came Hooters. GStewart got injured right before round 11, the keyant, otherwise I probably would have held him. There were a few options that probably would have helped more with the byes, but Mannering was outscoring all of them by plenty and before he got out of sight price wise, I thought it was a good idea to get him in sooner rather than later.
    Scored 859 Rank 23

Round 10
    Kata - Gray, Aitken - DCE
    Kata to Gray for the byes, with Sol and Bird averaging more than enough for starting centres, plus I needed to fund my Aitken upgrade. DCE had been tearing it up with Foran out injured, but I made the first trade that I truly regretted, bringing him in instead of Hunt. He subsequently got injured, still managed to score 56 but missed Rnd 12. I thought the wheels had fallen off.
    Scored 952 Rank 27

Round 11
    Farah - Peats, JTurbo - Faaoso
    Farah to Peats, easy decision for the byes, although I came close to bringing in Luke as he jumped back into the starting side for Rnd 11. JTurbo to Faaoso was probably my worst trade of the season. Being an Eel, I thought Faaoso would be good for 20-30 points Rnd 11,14,17. Hahahaha, what ***ked me off most was that I'd had Sam Hoare in my side all week leading up to lockout (He scored 45 Rnd 11, 34 Rnd 17). Faaoso got beat up by the Burgii, scored me 11 points and was never seen again.
    Scored 794 Rank 12

Round 12
    Tolman - Bromwich, Lovett - Leary
    Although Tolman to Bromwich was uber sideways, he played Rnd 12 and Tolman didn't and he was always going to be part of my final 17. Plus I didn't expect Graham to be so gammy for the rest of the season. My second sideways trade of the Rnd was Lovett to Leary. Leary starting at lock and tackling the house down seemed like a good idea at the time and to be fair, I got Rnd 12 and 13 out of him before he became a myth. Lovett destroyed the remaining byes. In hindsight an absolute waste of a trade.
    Scored 816 Rank 21

I'll do a few more rounds later in the week mate.
    Cheers.
    filthyklean
    filthyklean

Post by filthyklean Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:01 pm

SI wrote:I'm surprised filthyklean's like/reputation count is still below his post count.

Welcome to the forum mate.  I thought you were an alt when you first registered.  Were you on Sportal?

Haha thanks. Na don't think i ever registered there, looked through their forums every now and again though, always impressed with how you guys ranked & got your data together. To be honest i'm a part the Renegades group on Facebook, but not here to cause any trouble Laughing

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:08 pm