NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 31 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:40 am

hazza_99 wrote:Any1 reckon Copley could be good value, he's guaranteed a starting spot and only $171K, at brisbane he came off the bench a few times which hurt his scores and price, i reckon he could be value

I'm not sure about value but @171k & dpp ctr/wfb he's probably worth having. The players prices are so high this year that there is no alternative but to spend 171k on Copley who will be a guaranteed starter. If you look at the ctrs & wfbs there not much going on below his price that you could call a guaranteed starter.

Anyone else liking the fact that this year it's much more difficult to get a balanced team due to the high prices. Instead of being able to stack your side like the last couple of years it's going to take more skill & research to get the right players this year.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 31 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2

Post by Bullbender Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:02 am

Jennings to eels official. Copley or lautrel Mitchell could be real popular or will that cunt aubbs spoil the party for yet another year
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:11 am

Some more picking apart to keep the serious discussion going

Warriors wrote:
    HOK: Not sure whether there is better value out there than C Smith. Getting C Smith at start saves trades in a two player position. Don't see Peats or Macca doing any better than last year but will look to get Peats around Origin time. Maybe Segy but not confident on captaining Segy every week of the season and he will have some games where he doesn't score well. Does anyone know if P Wallace has played any hooker before? Cant see Segy getting 80 every week. M Parcell is best prospect for his price I believe. Even if he gets 30-35 minutes and gets an average of 30 I will be happy. Then can pick up Peats for Origin.

Just to get picky on terminology, there is certainly better "value" then Cam Smith. Cam will get you big scores every week, but you have to pay for it. Its not like he is available for a discount. Doesn't mean he isn't worth getting. There is certainly good reason to have a pick and forget player you can keep there all season with little risk though.
    Seggy on the other hand I think provides a bit of value. Almost all his low scores last year were injury affected. Assuming he stays fit he'll average almost the same as Cam Smith but for $70k less. That is value.
    also, assuming he stays fit, no reason to assume he won't be playing 80 nearly every week.

Also I think Parcell getting 30 minutes may be a stretch. He might be a slow burn, slowly increasing gametime and fantasy points over the course of the season. But too many high scoring options at hooker to waste a spot on someone who won't be contributing from the start.

2RF: Not sure on big Samy to start, may struggle to average 55 at start but will look to bring him in around Origin time possibly. He played out of his skin for that 62 average and being a year out I reckon will take a bit to get back to that level. Would prefer get Parker from start, keep for season. Whitehead is a gun, good value in an attacking Canberra team with plenty of tries in them. Can see Papa/Soliola mins decreasing slightly possibly being in FRF rotation. Worth the gamble at that price. With Tariq out for 5 weeks reckon both Rochow/Tapine will get big mins to start then I can reassess after 6 weeks. Rochow may play close to 80 most of the year on the right. Edwards is cheap and may be starting lock. Don't care how many minutes he gets, Tigers will be doing lots of tackling. Chee Kam may get gametime.

I think Whitehead could provide good value if he gets a lot of gametime. Not confident that is going to happen though.
    On Burgess, even if he doesn't match 2014, I don't think he'll lose money based on his starting price.
    With no Sims, Rochow and/or Tapine  both promising options to start the season with. Think they will be very popular.

Edwards certainly on my watch list - if not him then someone in Tigers team will hopefully be doing a lot of work.

Halves: If Hastings/Taylor flop everyone will be in same boat. Am more inclined to go cheap here, can't afford two guns and the midrangers are a lottery. Would prefer to grab a fallen gun after 6/7 weeks than take a gamble on a midranger firing.

The differentiator with Hastings/Taylor will be those that have them in their starting 17 vs those who have them as NPRs.
    If they flop some people will have to deal with crap scores and no money, some people will only have to worry about the money problem.

CTR: Reckon Canberra will go well, easy draw, lots of kicking points for Croker plus tries. Not gonna risk Hurrell/Lafai at this stage. Would prefer gun/cashcows approach. Also Brown/Lawrence could easily end up on bench due to depth of
    2RF at their clubs or could be pushed to Centre during games to cover injury. Would rather not take that gamble.

Lawrence's days at centre are over. he may end up moving during a game to cover injuries, but will never be selected there again.
    Same is likely true for Brown. Both should provide solid scores, with the advantage of having a higher floor than guys like Hurrell/Lafai.
    Nothing wrong with massive one week, low the next for your backs though. Its the season average you care about.

Don't want to rely on cash cows to do everything in your backs. For every Coote/Aitken there is a Nabuli/Lee that is going to get stuck in your team doing nothing. Best to have some reliability in there if you can.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:30 am

Well there goes Gutherson's chances of starting. I assume Gutherson was earmarked for centre until Jennings signing.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:35 am

Surely Gutherson will just go to the wing.

Who is going to play ahead of him?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 am

Milchcow wrote:

Lawrence's days at centre are over. he may end up moving during a game to cover injuries, but will never be selected there again.

Lawrence isn't playing centre to cover injuries anytime soon. Let me remind you of a time we got flogged by the Panthers because the space cadet Taylor put Lovett in the centres instead of moving Lawrence back.
    May be after round 12 when Cleary takes over, but not before
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:11 am

White Lightning wrote:Well there goes Gutherson's chances of starting. I assume Gutherson was earmarked for centre until Jennings signing.
    I think Morgan and Taka would of been the centres. Taka still with them? They may move morgan to the wing?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:12 am

Milchcow wrote:

Mentioned earlier in the thread.

When playing centres at Brisbane he averaged around 27 points a game. It is value, but the question is whether its enough.

Likely won't score high enough to be a good contributor to your team, and might not make enough money to be worth it as a cash cow. Would be better if he was priced a little lower.

I am considering him at this point because it looks like he'll be DPP - but if a better rookie option turns up then he might get ditched.

On the Roosters, what happens if Jennings goes to Parra and SKD gets done in his upcoming court case?
    Aubbo to centres or bring someone like Latrell Mitchell into team?

Fergo back to centres and Latrell/Nikorima/Matterson/Slaimankhel to fullback
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:22 am

Warriors wrote:
    Random wrote:

Pick it a part.. sure..

HOK: There is much better value in the HOK position than Cam Smith. Sure Super Man Cam is a Fantasy god and would do wonders this year. However guys like Segeyaro/McCullough/Peats have potential to score as well if not better than them this year if they get 80 minutes and come in at a cheaper price. You also have Peats with some of the best Byes from a Fantasy perspective. Also as others have mentioned if Parcell ends up on the Bench and only manages to get 20 minutes and a 1PPM. Then it is very likely he doesn't rise in price too much and does nothing to help your team.

FRF: Aaron Woods, Josh McGuire just two guys who are $30k-$40k cheaper then Bromwich and average 3 points less with more upside this year. McGuire returning to the Broncos will be massive and the bloke has a motor. Aaron Woods will be relied on heavier than last year as well. Not sure Jack de Belin will get the minutes everyone thinks he will. They have Frizell, Cooper, ah Mau, If Cooper remains in the Front Row then he should be a solid option, however Jack Trbojevic looks like a better option.

2RF: Corey Parker is massively priced, last year he averaged 62.52 points a game. Sam Burgess, who is $67k cheaper than Corey Parker, who won't play Origin averaged 62.57 points in 2014. Much better value. Will Whitehead get much minutes with Fensom, Soliola and Papalii? In fact Soliola was averaging almost 80 minutes a game, Papalii averaged 71 minutes and Fensom avergaed 67 minutes. Lets also point out Fensom is the workhorse in the Canberra pack and he had the least amount of minutes. Still trust Sticky to give Whitehead enough time on the field?

HLF: If Hastings/Taylor flop you could be in trouble and you have a dead position essentially if Rabbitohs/Panthers don't have an injury. Dead positions from the outset wont help your Team Value.

CTR: Croker is great... every second week, he is just too inconsistent. With blokes like Brown ($70k Cheaper)/Lawrence ($100k Cheaper) starting in the second row which should make them more consistent. Lafai and Hurrell ($100k+  Cheaper) There just seems to much value to be made here to go with Croker, and they have Sezer ready to step in and kick goals if he shanks a few. 1/3 of your Rookie CTR's should kick on.

WFB: Holmes is too much of a risk with the ever present Barba floating around there. Michael Gordon has always been an inconsistent scorer. Jeremy Hawkins and Latrell Mitchell.. Will they get game time or are they relying on injuries. Because we already spoke about how valuable dead positions from the beginning of the year are.

On an actual note, if Parcell isn't starting I feel like he is too much of a risk. The rest of your team is solid, I actually stand by what I said regarding Croker and you should make sure your entire team is named on the first TLT if you can.

HOK: Not sure whether there is better value out there than C Smith. Getting C Smith at start saves trades in a two player position. Don't see Peats or Macca doing any better than last year but will look to get Peats around Origin time. Maybe Segy but not confident on captaining Segy every week of the season and he will have some games where he doesn't score well. Does anyone know if P Wallace has played any hooker before? Cant see Segy getting 80 every week. M Parcell is best prospect for his price I believe. Even if he gets 30-35 minutes and gets an average of 30 I will be happy. Then can pick up Peats for Origin.

FRF: Can't go wrong with Bromwich, hasn't missed a game in two years, no origin, good base stats with attacking potential. Graham undervalued, no origin. Woods has origin and despite being very good at start of year he tailed off bigtime probably due to origin. McGuire coming back from a big injury in a stacked forward pack. I prefer Bromwich and Graham. Don't have to trade. Also Jack DeBelin will fill the Merrin void. Big motor kind of like McGuire will play big mins and tackle all day. Dragons have Good byes.

2RF: Not sure on big Samy to start, may struggle to average 55 at start but will look to bring him in around Origin time possibly. He played out of his skin for that 62 average and being a year out I reckon will take a bit to get back to that level. Would prefer get Parker from start, keep for season. Whitehead is a gun, good value in an attacking Canberra team with plenty of tries in them. Can see Papa/Soliola mins decreasing slightly possibly being in FRF rotation. Worth the gamble at that price. With Tariq out for 5 weeks reckon both Rochow/Tapine will get big mins to start then I can reassess after 6 weeks. Rochow may play close to 80 most of the year on the right. Edwards is cheap and may be starting lock. Don't care how many minutes he gets, Tigers will be doing lots of tackling. Chee Kam may get gametime.

Halves: If Hastings/Taylor flop everyone will be in same boat. Am more inclined to go cheap here, can't afford two guns and the midrangers are a lottery. Would prefer to grab a fallen gun after 6/7 weeks than take a gamble on a midranger firing.

CTR: Reckon Canberra will go well, easy draw, lots of kicking points for Croker plus tries. Not gonna risk Hurrell/Lafai at this stage. Would prefer gun/cashcows approach. Also Brown/Lawrence could easily end up on bench due to depth of
    2RF at their clubs or could be pushed to Centre during games to cover injury. Would rather not take that gamble.

WFB: Tedesco/RTS would be ideal but can't afford. Inglis is lazy. Have gone three mid rangers I believe will improve. If there is a sniff of Barba in 17 will probably go Mansour instead of Holmes.

Oh a lot of what I said was tongue in cheek because there isn't much wrong with your team. Razz
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:54 am

So the Eels back line (excluding halves) might be
    Gordon
    Gutherson/Morgan
    Jennings
    Takarainga
    Radradra

Seems like it's between Morgan & Gutherson for the wing spot.
    badbetter
    badbetter

Post by badbetter Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:17 am

White Lightning wrote:So the Eels back line (excluding halves) might be
    Gordon
    Gutherson/Morgan
    Jennings
    Takarainga
    Radradra

Seems like it's between Morgan & Gutherson for the wing spot.

Radradra, Jennings & Mau on the left edge sounds like a good combination
    Don't think they will go for Morgan on the wing.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:42 am

badbetter wrote:

The Eels seem custom built for fantasy due to their open attacking play. Many options & best bye schedule. I've got Radradra in my team atm but Mannah, Peats, Ma'u, Foran, Gutherson, Gordon seem like great options.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:51 am

badbetter wrote:

I just had a thought re Radradra. Will he actually get any ball with Jennings the hog playing inside him.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:07 am

I like Jnr Paulo from the Eels this year, teams won't be able to stack the middle like they have in the past. With plenty of speed out wide teams will need to respect that.

I've got Guthrrson at center and Taka in ressies

filthyklean
    filthyklean

Post by filthyklean Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:50 am

Can't find any new's on prizes for the 2016 comp yet, but they'll be introducing a Match Day feature for the Thursday night games. Run the same as how the Origin & Final's Match Day's were.
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 31 Match-10
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 am

Haven't seen anyone mention fergie ferg yet? He's locked in for the fullback spot come rd 1 and only about 300k from memory

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:04 am

Is it confirmed he will be the Roosters #1? Like most I will be watching him closely during trials / 9's (if he plays).
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:09 am

Ferguson at FB on TLT means he is in my side
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:24 am

jstands wrote:Haven't seen anyone mention fergie ferg yet? He's locked in for the fullback spot come rd 1 and only about 300k from memory

Ferguson should be a given at #1.
    Mansour is interesting. Monster 2014, but coming off recurring injuries, worst possible byes of he doesn't crack origin & no Jamal inside him sucking up defenders. I think he's a pass
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:26 am

filthyklean wrote:Can't find any new's on prizes for the 2016 comp yet, but they'll be introducing a Match Day feature for the Thursday night games. Run the same as how the Origin & Final's Match Day's were.
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread Part 2 - Page 31 Match-10

So every Thursday game will be one off comp in itself on top of I assume?

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 12:12 am