NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021

4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: 4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Already going to the games with others but keep me in the loop for potential meet-ups outside the stadium, not much of a people person, but if this is happening and i'm in the area, i figure i should at least put in a little effort to meet the blokes i've been cursing out piss-poor fantasy scores with all these years.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021 - Page 4 Empty Re: 4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:22 am

Looks like we have 8 people after Saturday tickets.

MTB are you still happy to sort out getting them and we'll all pay you in cash and extra beers?

This who want Friday tickets will need to sort them out themselves
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:14 am

I'll do them this morning if we're locked in for 8.

Looks like the best Silver seats with 8 together are middle tier at the end of the ground. Not much left actually (or that are showing as available)

@Milchcow @standard-issue @Verbal Kint @Pookus McFly
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:34 am

surmo13 wrote:Already going to the games with others but keep me in the loop for potential meet-ups outside the stadium, not much of a people person, but if this is happening and i'm in the area, i figure i should at least put in a little effort to meet the blokes i've been cursing out piss-poor fantasy scores with all these years.

I've been to a few of these and even some side gigs. We spend our free time playing fantasy football and arguing with strangers about fantasy football on the internet. We're the life of the party.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:49 am

my tv broke wrote:I'll do them this morning if we're locked in for 8.

Looks like the best Silver seats with 8 together are middle tier at the end of the ground. Not much left actually (or that are showing as available)

Just use your judgement on best tickets

Looks like its fairly popular so may as well get what we can.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:I'll do them this morning if we're locked in for 8.

Thanks mate. I'll transfer you some $s
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:25 pm

8 x tickets for Saturday have been purchased!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:09 pm

my tv broke wrote:8 x tickets for Saturday have been purchased!

Legend. Do you ever get sick of being our hero? It must be exhausting. PM'd you.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:39 pm

Nicely done!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 pm

No Worries wrote:

I've been to a few of these and even some side gigs. We spend our free time playing fantasy football and arguing with strangers about fantasy football on the internet. We're the life of the party.

Haha I do wonder too what everyone is like in person. I'm fine with people but not a big social person myself at all. Just really have no interest in going out and meeting people. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one slightly aprehensive but this is too good an opportunity to pass up. Even just a lunch and a drink will be great.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:49 am

wolfking wrote:

Haha I do wonder too what everyone is like in person.  I'm fine with people but not a big social person myself at all.  Just really have no interest in going out and meeting people. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one slightly aprehensive but this is too good an opportunity to pass up.  Even just a lunch and a drink will be great.

Met pretty much everyone from outside of QLD and there are no real dominating personalities or dick heads, it always goes well. Haven't met the QLDers yet, no doubt there will be some window lickers among them, but hopefully they bring their minders or Aunty sister Sue.

4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021 - Page 4 ABoa477K_700wa_0

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:09 am

No Worries wrote:

Met pretty much everyone from outside of QLD and there are no real dominating personalities or dick heads, it always goes well. Haven't met the QLDers yet, no doubt there will be some window lickers among them, but hopefully they bring their minders or Aunty sister Sue.

4th Annual NRLFF Meetup - Sydney Edition, 2021 - Page 4 ABoa477K_700wa_0

Depends if both our heads are in the same mood on the day. Laughing

That's good to hear about everyone though. I'm sure it will be a comfortable, enjoyable environment.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:44 pm

Lesson learned from the last meet up. Dont let me go to med bay solo. MS saved me being punted

Also, Krump owes me a hug

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Its a long way off but....... apparently there might be some entertainment available on the Fri or Sat night. We just need a venue and chip in. Big discount etc

No pressure. More than happy to pub it but can also help organise some after footy stuff
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 pm

I've got an early flight Sunday. Last time I had a 7 AM flight out of Brizzy I got back to the apartment just after 4 and had exactly 45 minutes sleep; I don't want to relive that. All good for the Friday night, although I'm thinking that might be the quieter night with the bigger numbers on Saturday. Either way I'm personally not committing to anything until you've defined "entertainment" as I've heard a little about you VK and that makes me nervous.

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Its a long way off but....... apparently there might be some entertainment available on the Fri or Sat night. We just need a venue and chip in. Big discount etc

No pressure. More than happy to pub it but can also help organise some after footy stuff

Sat would be better to split the cost considering the numbers + non forums who may be roped in. Last I heard you have a room ????
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:06 am

Hey, did I miss something? Pascoe Fiasco x 2 now listed on Saturday (making numbers at 10), I could swear that wasn't there when I got the tickets.. but it says last edit time was before the day I bought them Embarassed

EDIT: hmm Milch's post from the day i grabbed them also confirmed 8.. what's going on there.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:49 am

I did the edit not long after Pascoe posted - secret mod powers don't show edits. I sent a message to Pascoe a week ago. whether it was 2 X meant 1 for each day or 2 for each day and haven't heard back. I had to go ahead and buy the Friday tickets without him also.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:27 am

No Worries wrote:I did the edit not long after Pascoe posted -  secret mod powers don't show edits. I sent a message to Pascoe a week ago. whether it was 2 X meant 1 for each day or 2 for each day and haven't heard back. I had to go ahead and buy the Friday tickets without him also.
    Hi. Sorry, was unaware you sent me a message. It was 2 for Saturday and 2 for Friday. Someone mentioned we had to buy our own tickets for Friday. How many tickets did you get me and for which days? Thanks very much by the way. Where do I look for your message? Oh, just reread your message. Never mind, I’ll get my own. Thanks anyway!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:48 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Hi. Sorry, was unaware you sent me a message. It was 2 for Saturday and 2 for Friday. Someone mentioned we had to buy our own tickets for Friday. How many tickets did you get me and for which days? Thanks very much by the way. Where do I look for your message? Oh, just reread your message. Never mind, I’ll get my own. Thanks anyway!

Sorryt about the confusion but hang around because there will be meet ups every day before hand

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:30 pm