NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

GF predictions

Ice

GF predictions Empty GF predictions

Post by Ice Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:02 am

If Raiders win:
    Winner: Raiders
    Score: 18-14
    First Try Scorer: Bateman
    Last Try Scorer: CNK
    CC Medal: Hodgson

If Roosters Win:
    Winner: Roosters
    Score: 30-6
    FTS: Tedesco
    LTS: Tedesco
    CCMedal: Tedesco

I'm tipping a Raiders upset. Boooo Ricky!!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

GF predictions Empty Re: GF predictions

Post by Camo123 Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:24 am

I think Roosters 10-8

Both teams have tight defences and can keep multiple sets out on their line

FTS: Tupou
    CC Medal: JWH - think he comes out firing after missing a week and big matchup against Papalii
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 am

I could be wrong, but I've got a feeling that the Roosters are going to Richmond the Raiders.

Half the bloody country are celebrating the Raiders return to the big day already. If the Canberra lads are reading even half of their own press, they'll be forgiven for thinking they've won something already.

I'm predicting if the Roosters score first, the game will be done by half time, closing up to a 8-ish point win by full time. 22-14

FTS: Some edge forward
    LTS: Tedesco
    CCMedal: Tedesco
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 am

Roosters to cover the line, be first and last try scorers and Lattrell to score anytime
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Roosters should win with a unlimited salary cap and the NRL in its pocket but fingers crossed the Raiders can burn them
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Roosters 32 - 12 Raiders

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Roosters by a blow out. Tupou first try and ccmedal for Latrell
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:13 pm

roosters 13+.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 am

Camo123 wrote:I think Roosters 10-8

Both teams have tight defences and can keep multiple sets out on their line

FTS: Tupou
    CC Medal: JWH - think he comes out firing after missing a week and big matchup against Papalii

Easily the best prediction here. I would’ve given JWH the CC Medal
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:52 am

Yeah JWH should have won it. Radley or Brett Morris wouldn't have been bad choices either. Morris had an absolute blinder, solidifying that he is one of if not the best winger of the last decade.

I mean yeah, Wighton was outstanding but fuck, he wasn't good enough to steal it from someone on the winning team.

Mitchell... what can you say about him. He made some of the best defensive reads of his lift but he had one of the quietest attacking games of his life. They just could not get him any early ball and he didn't want to go looking for it. He didn'ts help out his wingers or forwards early in the sets and deadset went missing. Then he sets up the match winning try. lol.

Yep that call was bad, was an absolute shocker. I don't think it cost the raiders the game tho. The had a period where they had like 70% of the ball and still couldn't score. I don't think that giving them a few more tackles there changes anything - but who knows. It was a shocker to change the call like that. It marred what was an outstanding GF.

Also - how good is it seeing a GF crowd with actual fans in it. Over the last few years we have Melbourne/Roosters dominating everything, who dont have fans. Was amazing seeing the green in the crowd. Was so good seeing a side that doesnt usually make it in there and their fans absolutely dominating the crowd.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Not often I pop over to the Greenhouse and see how the other side is going - last time was when we poached Milford, i think.

It'll either be in meltdown, or possible very, very quiet......
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:31 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Easily the best prediction here. I would’ve given JWH the CC Medal

The Aussie selectors pick the award mate, never tip a foreigner.

On that note, when Canberra made the GF, they probably should have gone for someone other than Locky paired up with two Canberra legends in Meninga and Daley.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:54 pm

worst thing is they ended up on the right call, just picked the worst possible way to get to it.

i think the outrage is a touch over blown, it's only an issue because of the Roosters taking advantage of BJ being a lazy cunt two tackles later, which itself had nothing to do with the refs and everything to do with the Raiders.

The Raiders weren't owed any points on that play, they'd had the running of the entire second half and couldn't score points and could barely earn repeat sets, it's highly likely no damage would've been done there either. In conclusion, i think saying the Raiders were robbed is hyperbolic, but it's undeniably a really shitty way to lose a grand final.

also, I'm seeing a lot about the trainer interference really early, but i was infinitely more surprised Soliola got away with taking out Keary's legs and sending him arse up like that, there's been blokes suspended this year for challenges on kickers that looked a lot less dangerous than that.

also also, from the ground, without bias of hearing commentators or reading statlines, Wighton winning the CCM was absolutely the right call in my opinion, was about the only player from either side to stand out throughout the entire game, and i was calling it at the 60 minute mark, I was worried because in a lot of those grindy games they just throw the medal at the winner's star player regardless of their performance *coughThurstoncough*, especially when Teddy decided to play the last 10 minutes after being unsighted for the first 70.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:18 pm

surmo13 wrote:worst thing is they ended up on the right call, just picked the worst possible way to get to it.

i think the outrage is a touch over blown, it's only an issue because of the Roosters taking advantage of BJ being a lazy cunt two tackles later, which itself had nothing to do with the refs and everything to do with the Raiders.

The Raiders weren't owed any points on that play, they'd had the running of the entire second half and couldn't score points and could barely earn repeat sets, it's highly likely no damage would've been done there either. In conclusion, i think saying the Raiders were robbed is hyperbolic, but it's undeniably a really shitty way to lose a grand final.

also, I'm seeing a lot about the trainer interference really early, but i was infinitely more surprised Soliola got away with taking out Keary's legs and sending him arse up like that, there's been blokes suspended this year for challenges on kickers that looked a lot less dangerous than that.

also also, from the ground, without bias of hearing commentators or reading statlines, Wighton winning the CCM was absolutely the right call in my opinion, was about the only player from either side to stand out throughout the entire game, and i was calling it at the 60 minute mark, I was worried because in a lot of those grindy games they just throw the medal at the winner's star player regardless of their performance *coughThurstoncough*, especially when Teddy decided to play the last 10 minutes after being unsighted for the first 70.

The Raiders weren't robbed, the Rugby League fans were....

I don't care if it was technically the right decision, fans may get filthy at incorrect calls but deep down we accept the reality of human error.

What sucks is the injustice of not knowing what the result could've been.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:27 am

I called JWH as CCM winner at half time. He was immense. Pretty shitty way not to win it....

Raiders fans aren't bitching any where near the levels i thought I'd see. Just a lot of pride.

Good on em! Smile
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:24 pm

All this talk about referee's has taken away from how shit the pre-game and half time entertainment was.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 9:19 am