NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    EPL

    Share
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 432
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: EPL

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:27 pm

    $5 a month ? How did that work mate ?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4763
    Reputation : 1352
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: EPL

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:32 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:$5 a month ? How did that work mate ?

    My mate is with Optus and doesn't care for it, so we got the Fetch TV Mini which lets me have access to it through my home WiFi
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4763
    Reputation : 1352
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: EPL

    Post by Honeysett on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:52 pm

    Not a good start with City but still a W.

    Also Optus fucked up the United V Bournemouth start so that didn't take them long.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 432
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: EPL

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:45 am

    Wat did they do mate ?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4763
    Reputation : 1352
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: EPL

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:39 am

    @Revraiser wrote:Wat did they do mate ?

    "we're experiencing technical difficulties. We'll be back shortly"
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 432
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: EPL

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 pm

    Not to surprised hey. I've given up on Epl coverage possibilities, together with whats on offer in BEIN sports and the ability to find video links to pretty much any game u want on the net, and then throw the HD cable into the pc/tv - never signing up to optus personally.
    Plus Sbs is showing one live game each week.

    F##k u optus !
    avatar
    Garden Chair

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 87
    Join date : 2016-06-26
    Location : NZ

    Re: EPL

    Post by Garden Chair on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:28 pm

    What a start for me! Got 72 points and could and should have been much more but Man U had to be rubbish and not get a clean sheet.

    Gonna get Adrian from West Ham in as GK as 8/9 of their next fixtures are very easy, i may even think of getting in Carroll in attack if my Rondon does not impress
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2759
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: EPL

    Post by Spectre on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:52 pm

    So this is where the FPL action is.
    I can't believe Optus are charging people for what is literally a live stream, not a live broadcast.
    I can and have done that all weekend on my iPad for free. Fucked up company.

    I just joined the league but not sure if my week1 points will be added? Finished the week on 82 points and ranked around 1.8k Very Happy
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 432
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: EPL

    Post by Revraiser on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:56 pm

    Is it worth trying to reel in if u havent even created a team yet ? Totally dropped my bundle and couldnt put the team together in time across the weekend
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2759
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: EPL

    Post by Spectre on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:59 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:Is it worth trying to reel in if u havent even created a team yet ? Totally dropped my bundle and couldnt put the team together in time across the weekend

    Definitely worth it. 1 week isn't too bad and you have the luxury of having already seen the performers and flops
    avatar
    Garden Chair

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 87
    Join date : 2016-06-26
    Location : NZ

    Re: EPL

    Post by Garden Chair on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 pm

    Yea exactly, keep in mind that the week 1 avg is probably around a low 30-40 pts and alot of people will be using their wildcards whereas you get to see the general set-up of teams without using anything up

    @jstands, What a score! I am guessing that you have a full West Brom defence
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8330
    Reputation : 1253
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: EPL

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 pm

    absolute shocker of a start for me!

    Lukaku didn't play and not a goal in sight Embarassed Shocked

    can someone explain the wildcard and boost things below the team selection
    avatar
    Garden Chair

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 87
    Join date : 2016-06-26
    Location : NZ

    Re: EPL

    Post by Garden Chair on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:44 pm

    @Welshy wrote:absolute shocker of a start for me!

    Lukaku didn't play and not a goal in sight Embarassed Shocked

    can someone explain the wildcard and boost things below the team selection

    The wildcard allows you to make unlimited transfers until the next rounds deadline, you normally only get a single trade.
    You get one wildcard to use now and another during the second half of the season

    Bench Boost includes the points for the entire bench as well as your starting team
    All Out Attack allows you to play the formation of 2-5-3
    Triple Captain triples your captains score instead of the usual double

    All the boosts last a single round and you can only use them one time during the entire season
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8330
    Reputation : 1253
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: EPL

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:48 pm

    @Garden Chair wrote:

    The wildcard allows you to make unlimited transfers until the next rounds deadline, you normally only get a single trade.
    You get one wildcard to use now and another during the second half of the season

    Bench Boost includes the points for the entire bench as well as your starting team
    All Out Attack allows you to play the formation of 2-5-3
    Triple Captain triples your captains score instead of the usual double

    All the boosts last a single round and you can only use them one time during the entire season

    superstar mate!
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4763
    Reputation : 1352
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: EPL

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:25 pm

    If you're going to talk fantasy can we please talk about the games week to week as well? I'm not going to play fantasy and created the thread so we could talk EPL. If not I don't mind lads just a mixture of both would suit me.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8330
    Reputation : 1253
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: EPL

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:28 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:If you're going to talk fantasy can we please talk about the games week to week as well? I'm not going to play fantasy and created the thread so we could talk EPL. If not I don't mind lads just a mixture of both would suit me.

    OOOOOOOOOO

    how much better did Chelsea look last night?
    Hazard looks on the way back to being a world beater and the Fabregas omission?
    avatar
    Garden Chair

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 87
    Join date : 2016-06-26
    Location : NZ

    Re: EPL

    Post by Garden Chair on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:06 pm

    Hazard WAS up against an out of position Antonio though, but yea he is looking back in form after this match and his Euro displays

    I really enjoyed watching Man City play though, Sagna and Clichy were both in the center of the field during attack while Fernandinho dropped back, I have not seen that type of formation in the EPL ever. Pogba, Ibra, Pep, etc. These transfers are going to make this season extremely interesting Razz
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2759
    Reputation : 327
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: EPL

    Post by Spectre on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:09 pm

    Liverpool putting 4 passed Arsenal at the Emirates was my highlight

    God I love Liverpool.

    That Mane goal.. WOW!
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8330
    Reputation : 1253
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: EPL

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:19 pm

    @Garden Chair wrote:Hazard WAS up against an out of position Antonio though, but yea he is looking back in form after this match and his Euro displays

    I really enjoyed watching Man City play though, Sagna and Clichy were both in the center of the field during attack while Fernandinho dropped back, I have not seen that type of formation in the EPL ever. Pogba, Ibra, Pep, etc. These transfers are going to make this season extremely interesting  Razz

    Antonio will likely staying RB mate, was talk about it all pre season.

    going to be very interesting, looking forward to seeing how Mourinho plays it after a few games, cant see Mhikitaran staying on the bench for long
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8330
    Reputation : 1253
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: EPL

    Post by Welshy on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:21 pm

    jstands wrote:Liverpool putting 4 passed Arsenal at the Emirates was my highlight  

    God I love Liverpool.

    That Mane goal.. WOW!

    I cannot fucking stand the scousers so won't praise them overly!

    That was a hideous Arsenal back 4 so goals were expected, they have signed very well and will be pushing for top 3, if they can sort out their defence, Moreno is horrible at you know...defending...

      Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:50 am