NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 47

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 47 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 47

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 14, 2019 2:03 pm

lukeaye wrote:

Fantasy has a subscription model. Also makes money from site traffic. That is generated by it's use, information and tools for improving your team.

It's pretty clear to me how they feel that could be infringing on their business.

Ordinarily I'd say it's fine, it just healthy competition, it's not illegal to have a competing product. It's the fact that it has the same name, colour scheme and feel that is the issue.

Just do the same thing under a new domain with a different colour scheme, and your will have no issues. You can leave the domain up and do something completely unrelated, or offer to sell it, you just can't compete with them or impede their business with the same url with just a ".au" added
    deleted

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Blow for South Sydney. Alex Johnston set to miss up to a month after undergoing surgery on his knee. Lucky to have Corey Allen as a back-up. Brent Read
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 14, 2019 2:22 pm

So apparently Moylan will be named to play this week. So what happens to Xerri because I assume Dugan back to ctr & Xerri to wing, interchange or out of the 17.
    If Corey Allan is named to start at f/b with AJ out for a month he could be the go since f/b is his preferred position.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 pm

surmo13 wrote:

fuck off Fittler, i'm already terrified that he's gunna break down, give the kid a year before you send him out there with a target
    Razz
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 pm

White Lightning wrote:So apparently Moylan will be named to play this week. So what happens to Xerri because I assume Dugan back to ctr & Xerri to wing, interchange or out of the 17.
    If Corey Allan is named to start at f/b with AJ out for a month he could be the go since f/b is his preferred position.

Dugan was pushed to the wing over Xerri last time Moylan/Kennedy started at FB.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 14, 2019 2:29 pm

lukeaye wrote:

Fantasy has a subscription model. Also makes money from site traffic. That is generated by it's use, information and tools for improving your team.

It's pretty clear to me how they feel that could be infringing on their business.

Ordinarily I'd say it's fine, it just healthy competition, it's not illegal to have a competing product. It's the fact that it has the same name, colour scheme and feel that is the issue.

Just do the same thing under a new domain with a different colour scheme, and your will have no issues. You can leave the domain up and do something completely unrelated, or offer to sell it, you just can't compete with them or impede their business with the same url with just a ".au" added

Alot wouldn't play, or in my case, just spend a whole lot less time on it.

Is the feel and level of detail the same is it ?

If they think so subscriptions would go up without MTB's site they will be surprised.

Can we bombard a particular contact point with some choice thoughts, or is that counter productive ?

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm

I don’t really follow soccer but why is Man city being banned from the champions league for a year? Doesn’t make sense to me
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Flogs! They must have an official 'Wank' room at the Nrl.

Bang
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue May 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Hmmm this talk of trading Fifita intrigues me,I could do Fifita and Lawrie to Teddy and Munster. Yes or no?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Revraiser wrote:Is the feel and level of detail the same is it ?

If they think so subscriptions would go up without MTB's site they will be surprised.

Can we bombard a particular contact point with some choice thoughts, or is that counter productive ?

Was never my intention to mislead anyone, or copy the actual style of the fantasy site. Probably a bit naive to have used a similar colour green, but, other than that, I wouldnt say its 'similar'. Its literally a basic bootstrap framework (a web dev framework) with tables for stats. Using the logos was naive as well.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue May 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I don’t really follow soccer but why is Man city being banned from the champions league for a year? Doesn’t make sense to me

Probably something to do with the unlimited funds the club seemingly has.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I don’t really follow soccer but why is Man city being banned from the champions league for a year? Doesn’t make sense to me

I think its because they just buy players until the trophies start rolling in, makes for a real personable feel for the fans.

study

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Alot wouldn't play, or in my case, just spend a whole lot less time on it.

Is the feel and level of detail the same is it ?

If they thought it was supportive or complementary they probably would have just offered to buy it.

It's pretty clear it in competition. It takes away from site traffic. You can go there for the stats instead of their site.

Your arugements are almost certainly likely to fall on deaf ears. Can try if you like, I don't have a contact point for them. To be honest I had never even heard of MTB's site or knew about it before today.

I like it! haha

But because I have no attachment to it, I can look at it objectively and safely say it's an issue.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 14, 2019 2:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Was never my intention to mislead anyone, or copy the actual style of the fantasy site. Probably a bit naive to have used a similar colour green, but, other than that, I wouldnt say its 'similar'. Its literally a basic bootstrap framework (a web dev framework) with tables for stats. Using the logos was naive as well.

deleted

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 14, 2019 2:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah any trial or glimpse I have seen of there service was not similar at all.
    Do what's in ur best interests mate, we don't expect you to be the next Brockovich aye u beer swilling swindler!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 14, 2019 2:42 pm

For breaking 'Financial Fair Play' rules. it's UEFA's version of a salary cap, designed to limit club's massive spending.

Its generally pretty pissweak, as seen by the fact that everyone spends whatever they want anyway. but just like the NRL salary cap, sometimes clubs forget to hide their brown paper bags properly, or whatever it is that Man City have done
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 pm

lukeaye wrote:

If they thought it was supportive or complementary they probably would have just offered to buy it.

It's pretty clear it in competition. It takes away from site traffic. You can go there for the stats instead of their site.

Your arugements are almost certainly likely to fall on deaf ears. Can try if you like, I don't have a contact point for them. To be honest I had never even heard of MTB's site or knew about it before today.

I like it! haha

But because I have no attachment to it, I can look at it objectively and safely say it's an issue.

U haven't heard of it until now ?? Crazy.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Caught fiddling there financials again.

Breaking the rules of FFP

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Thank you for letting me know everyone Very Happy
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm

lukeaye wrote:

I like it! haha

Wow where have you been last 2 years??

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:13 am