NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 35

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 35 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 35

Post by Cap'n Ranta Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:57 am

Just while the loop talk isn't fully dead I know it makes people upset because there is such an immediate reward with little to no risk if a dart throw type player bombs. It definitely feels unfair compared to the past where the lowest AE rule gave rewards (and despair) to those who dare but it does come at a cost. And I don't even mean the occasional time where the good looking loop backfires. The long term damage will only become apparent in the coming weeks but I'll use my team as an example.

Burns to Xerri (Rd 4)
    - This gave me 190k immediately and 114k in price rises after this week. Haven't ever played Xerri

Keighran to Carty (Rd 4)
    - This gave me 11k immediately and 65k in rises so far

Brown to CHT (Rd 5)
    - This gave me 70k immediately and 62k in rises so far
    - I did use brown in week 4 to loop Carty and Bird and avoided Birds score. I want to say I likely would have done this anyway if I had no loop but I had 3 injuries in a week so there was no need to risk not having a shot at Bird and picking up his huge score.

So all up that's 502k plus whatever Carty and CHT get me this weekend. I just can't see how any amount of looping is going to make up for that sort of difference in the next few weeks....... Now I realise people wont have all 3 but even killing one spot for looping instead of getting Carty is 100k in 3 weeks. That's almost 7 points of value that'll I'll have per week for the rest of the season over someone who kept a red dot on their roster. Looping might net you 20 points this week but I can't advise people building their teams holding these non cash making guys just to maybe get the best of Xerri/Burr or Lawrie on any given week (call it a +15). Later when we have all made our money then I'm all over it but just pointing out you are hurting far more than helping at this point by keeping red dots in your team.

TLDR: If you are looping now you're taking a huge risk and personally I think chasing a short term high. For every Burns, Brown or Keighran you hold it limits your long term potential for 20 points a week at best. Enjoy the Xerri points this week though Smile

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:09 am

For those that don't have Xerri is he worth picking up, he'll have a huge negative BE

But how is his job security now? 3 more weeks with Moylan out but does he stay in the team now with Katoa dropped with Dugan going to the wing and Kennedy being replaced by Moylan

Would be a straight swap for Rava/Brown but he probably won't make my starting 17 on any given week with my WFB/CTR pretty much set (Bateman, Nikora, CNK, Teddy, Ponga) unless I stop being a law-abiding citizen and start using the loop which I don't really think is worth the risk week-to-week on a CTR with erratic scores
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:42 am

Camo123 wrote:But how is his job security now? 3 more weeks with Moylan out but does he stay in the team now with Katoa dropped with Dugan going to the wing and Kennedy being replaced by Moylan

Yep, Kennedy out, Moylan in.
    Jstevens269
    Jstevens269

Post by Jstevens269 Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 am

Quick question:

Who would you all start in 13-17 out of Waddell, Bird, & Rava?

Waddell 25-35 (Possibly a bit more due to AFB being out)
    Bird 20-45 (Hard to know where he'd end up)
    Rava 5-35 (Not really an option, but he's the only other person playing)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 am

@ Rabbit. I saw your post last night you were going to loop Horsburgh to get Xerri's score. The late mail says Havili is in slight doubt & if he's out Horsburgh will play. It's only slight but just keep an eye on it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:05 am

Jstevens269 wrote:Quick question:

Who would you all start in 13-17 out of Waddell, Bird, & Rava?

Waddell 25-35 (Possibly a bit more due to AFB being out)
    Bird 20-45 (Hard to know where he'd end up)
    Rava 5-35 (Not really an option, but he's the only other person playing)

Bird for the safe option & he'll play 80 mins but he is marking up against Leipana so could see a few missed tackles the way Bird has been arm grabbing lately. However if the Broncos get on a roll the left edge with Bird & Oates is dangerous.
    Waddell for the risky option & he'll play 30-45 mins but as you say if AFB is out then Waddell should get more minutes so he could be up around the 40-45 minute range.

I would go Bird just because he'll play 80 minutes.
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:28 am

Looking for thoughts on basically trading out LLewis to RTS to get Rav 5 out of my 17.

I’ve got CHT and Carty as halves options and could loop them around keighran where the game order permits.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 am

White Lightning wrote:@ Rabbit. I saw your post last night you were going to loop Horsburgh to get Xerri's score. The late mail says Havili is in slight doubt & if he's out Horsburgh will play. It's only slight but just keep an eye on it.

Thanks mate. That would be just my luck. Laughing Horseburger gets 5 minutes off the bench for -4 and Burr scores 70.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Just while the loop talk isn't fully dead I know it makes people upset because there is such an immediate reward with little to no risk if a dart throw type player bombs. It definitely feels unfair compared to the past where the lowest AE rule gave rewards (and despair) to those who dare but it does come at a cost. And I don't even mean the occasional time where the good looking loop backfires. The long term damage will only become apparent in the coming weeks but I'll use my team as an example.

Burns to Xerri (Rd 4)
    - This gave me 190k immediately and 114k in price rises after this week. Haven't ever played Xerri

Keighran to Carty (Rd 4)
    - This gave me 11k immediately and 65k in rises so far

Brown to CHT (Rd 5)
    - This gave me 70k immediately and 62k in rises so far
    - I did use brown in week 4 to loop Carty and Bird and avoided Birds score. I want to say I likely would have done this anyway if I had no loop but I had 3 injuries in a week so there was no need to risk not having a shot at Bird and picking up his huge score.

So all up that's 502k plus whatever Carty and CHT get me this weekend. I just can't see how any amount of looping is going to make up for that sort of difference in the next few weeks....... Now I realise people wont have all 3 but even killing one spot for looping instead of getting Carty is 100k in 3 weeks. That's almost 7 points of value that'll I'll have per week for the rest of the season over someone who kept a red dot on their roster. Looping might net you 20 points this week but I can't advise people building their teams holding these non cash making guys just to maybe get the best of Xerri/Burr or Lawrie on any given week (call it a +15). Later when we have all made our money then I'm all over it but just pointing out you are hurting far more than helping at this point by keeping red dots in your team.

TLDR: If you are looping now you're taking a huge risk and personally I think chasing a short term high. For every Burns, Brown or Keighran you hold it limits your long term potential for 20 points a week at best. Enjoy the Xerri points this week though Smile

Pretty much same as me. I dont have any injured players to loop and have Xerri sitting in #18.
    Its a bit dodgy when people intentionally buy a npr at this stage of the season for looping purposes. If you have an injured player you're holding onto then you may well take advantage of the loop

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 am

Camo123 wrote:For those that don't have Xerri is he worth picking up, he'll have a huge negative BE

But how is his job security now? 3 more weeks with Moylan out but does he stay in the team now with Katoa dropped with Dugan going to the wing and Kennedy being replaced by Moylan

Would be a straight swap for Rava/Brown but he probably won't make my starting 17 on any given week with my WFB/CTR pretty much set (Bateman, Nikora, CNK, Teddy, Ponga) unless I stop being a law-abiding citizen and start using the loop which I don't really think is worth the risk week-to-week on a CTR with erratic scores

I think he is still worth it. Sure you don’t get the full price rise starting at 320k ish, but you are guaranteed 3 weeks worth of price rises plus some bonus one after that

For me I have had to fix injuries the past 2 weeks so CHT and Xerri I will bring in late, but I am not going to miss out on them because they start more expensive.

As a sharks fan he is our future and can see him hanging around in the team
    Dugan has been playing injured so wouldn’t be surprised if he plays out the season on the wing like his mate Fergo, he does fill that hard carry back role.

So sub Moylan back in and that’s our best backline, if Feki has a poor run then you might see Katoa back

And how bout Uele, told you he was a Fifita doppelgänger
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am

Boozecluez wrote:

I think he is still worth it. Sure you don’t get the full price rise starting at 320k ish, but you are guaranteed 3 weeks worth of price rises plus some bonus one after that

As a sharks fan he is our future and can see him hanging around in the team
    Dugan has been playing injured so wouldn’t be surprised if he plays out the season on the wing like his mate Fergo, he does fill that hard carry back role.

So sub Moylan back in and that’s our best backline, if Feki has a poor run then you might see Katoa back

And how bout Uele, told you he was a Fifita doppelgänger

Yeah I tend to agree, it's much better for cash generation to have him sitting in EMG as opposed to Brown/Rava. Also if there is uncertainty around Haas next week he could be a possible option for INT. Need to stop trading at some point though, because it's also probably time to jump onto a gun HLF sooner or later (Cleary, SJ at discounts)
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 am

Can’t get Xerri. Don’t need his scores. His money would be nice. But keeping the trades will be much nicer.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:23 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I agree with it. You can’t assist a penalty

‘The Referee (or Review Officials) may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.’ Section 6 (3) (d)

So if he wasn’t penalised and scored the try Nikora would’ve been given a TA, just like any kick to try...: Hell Fifita got a TA and a try for kicking it to himself. Maybe it’ll be updated later, like Areys goals.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:30 am

After the sharks win I think if any changes were to be made it’ll be on feki’s edge, but this will be the team for the next couple weeks now. Coaches don’t like to break winning formulas. Unless your named is Garth, Paul of the McGregor kind or Ricky.

Moylan will go straight to Fullback and Xerri and Dugan will have that wing. Hope Katoa can take feki’s spot because he was doing well. Looked dangerous all year so far.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 am

Thinking of giving Oki a start as he should be on gagai's side
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:12 am

I am pretty happy with my 3 players last night (Fifita, Capewell, Nikora) but left Xerri in my EMGs. But I look at the guy I am playing in my work league and he captained FIfita and has Cleary as well along with those 3 guys so I look to be in a bit of trouble there.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:23 am

GreenMachine wrote:
    Boooooo

If we don’t have silly bantz in quiet times what the hell are we left with?

Can’t just be LB and individuals trade options and Rabs getting banned or talking golf.

Make the forum as dull as a dishcloth.

It’s a community and we all have common interests... talk about whatever you want imo, and moderators can moderate

I totally agree. We can discuss Host or Lawrie million times but get shut down for asking who to leave out as the 18th man which is now an ingrained part of the team set-up.

And taking morally high ground on the looping issue? Seriously??!!
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:27 am

White Lightning wrote:Hey boys I can loophole in Xerri's score but who would you lose (put in emg) out of:
    Mahoney or Haas or Garner or Burr.

It has to be Burr doesn't it as he'll play the least minutes,

Cheers.

Burr seems the obvious choice out of those 4. But there is every chance that either 3 of them scores lower than Burr as loopholing is never a sure shot guarantee of getting the best scores but I would definitly take the 59 in hand.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:29 am

Who sits out for undisclosed reasons;

Rein, Macca, Garner, Lawrie, Murray, Arrow, Haas?

Thinking Haas. Although I'm trading Bird to Haas. Is that worth it if I'm not even going to play him?
    VERTiiGO
    VERTiiGO

Post by VERTiiGO Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:34 am

wolfking wrote:Who sits out for undisclosed reasons;

Rein, Macca, Garner, Lawrie, Murray, Arrow, Haas?  

Thinking Haas.  Although I'm trading Bird to Haas.  Is that worth it if I'm not even going to play him?

if you trade out bird i can guarantee he scores a couple tries and goes 60+

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:37 pm