NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 - Page 12 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 pm

The Klemmer conversation would have been tough, "mate unlucky, the door was open he took his chance, nothing to do with your form, but after that performance the team comes first"
    Ice

Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019 - Page 12 Empty Re: Defending Champion NSW Origin Side 2019

Post by Ice Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:54 am

Was surprised Klemmer didn't come back in but as others have said, understand the position. I see Sims' partner has had a crack at the judiciary for rubbing out Sims for Origin and complained there were two Qlders on the Panel. If there was any bias from the Panel Sims would have gotten no weeks. As it stands, there decision to give him a week strengthens the NSW Origin side as Klemmer comes straight back in. A fantastic result for NSW.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Fantastic result, Klemmer back in.
    Pearce comes in to replace cleary too.... this is an amazing story now.

But Sims getting suspended for that is a fucking joke... especially after the recent slater shoulder charge fiasco. Still, happy he is out and Klemmer is back in.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:35 am

Ice wrote:Was surprised Klemmer didn't come back in but as others have said, understand the position. I see Sims' partner has had a crack at the judiciary for rubbing out Sims for Origin and complained there were two Qlders on the Panel.  If there was any bias from the Panel Sims would have gotten no weeks. As it stands, there decision to give him a week strengthens the NSW Origin side as Klemmer comes straight back in. A fantastic result for NSW.

Does anyone think it's weird that Sims got a 1 game suspension but can play for the Dragons this week because the game he misses is the one he was selected for (NSW). I get it, just one of those weird things that happen sometimes.

A conspiracy theorist might say that St George argued Sims' case, but not so hard that he might get off altogether. Suits St George having him miss origin and be available for 1-2 games for the Dragons he wouldn't have been had he got off.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Dip wrote:

Does anyone think it's weird that Sims got a 1 game suspension but can play for the Dragons this week because the game he misses is the one he was selected for (NSW). I get it, just one of those weird things that happen sometimes.

A conspiracy theorist might say that St George argued Sims' case, but not so hard that he might get off altogether. Suits St George having him miss origin and be available for 1-2 games for the Dragons he wouldn't have been had he got off.

Yep, I think it's a joke. Seriously, how can you Be suspended for 1 game but it NOT be the next game you could play. It's an easy fix also, just change the rule so that ANY player facing judiciary can in Origin week is deemed available for both Club and State until such time as the verdict is handed down and the suspension app,its to whatever game they are required to play next. If what he did is a one game club suspension it certainly isn't a one game Origin suspension.

But the reality is,its awin for NSW and a win for the Dragons,just not a great win for Sims.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Dip wrote:

If you're picked you can't play for your club.
    He got suspended from the NSW game.
    See rule 1.

I know that's 2 games. Otherwise go back to weeks and if you miss 2 games so be it, if you have a bye and miss no games, lucky you.
    Why did it move away from weeks ?
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Edit: I could be wrong, that's just what I heard that he could play for the Dragons. But he wasn't named in the Dragon's 21 player list that was announced Tuesday (before the Judiciary hearing). I just don't know now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:51 pm

It just sounds shonky if he can play for the Dragons.

My reply was just my opinion, like the NRL I have no idea what the rule is.

Or in a moment of brilliance they foresaw this conundrum and held the judiciary after team lists had to be announced.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Dip wrote:

He would have got off all together if he pled guilty and went for the downgrade. They fucked up big time.

I dont have a problem with a rep game being one of the games you are suspended from - should be less incentive to be a cockhead

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm