NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 28

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 28

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Chewie wrote:So glad I got Teddy at a good discount this week.
    A bit bummed that Crichton has bottomed out already after last night's effort. I won't be picking him up this coming week as I need to fix my FRF first. RJames is the first potential target for me, depending on how he goes tonight.
    It looks like Ponga and Crichton will be on the cards for the following week, not sure if I'll have enough cash to get both though

Teddy should be around 749 and Crichton will be around 670. Best bet might be to hope Ponga finds some form at back as he will be around 650-660 next week. Maybe i can pick up both Crichton and Ponga next week and pick up teddy after origin, unless i can afford him next week as ponga will stay around 650-660 for the next two weeks. I hope Bateman goes bigger than 63 because it was between him and tedesco this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:40 pm

In a world where you could get anyone next week, does that performance from Crichton mean he's atop the list of trade-ins for most people.

Should be about $670k right?

How are people feeling about him now - I have to admit, despite him starting for a few weeks now, it still shits me a bit that come TLT I might have to consider trading in a guy for $670k that aint named to start....
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:42 pm

White Lightning wrote:Just something to ponder is round 12. I know these are trying times atm with all the injuries & trying to upgrade to solid scorers but I see a lot of round 12 players getting sold & a lot of non round 12 players getting purchased.

I think it is perfectly fine when you are selling the likes of Mahoney/Edwards/Gillett (guys who are just money makers) to guys like Ponga/Crichton/Tedesco at super discount who are guns/Uber guns. Better get them at 650-730K instead of later 770-800K.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:In a world where you could get anyone next week, does that performance from Crichton mean he's atop the list of trade-ins for most people.

How are people feeling about him now - I have to admit, despite him starting for a few weeks now, it still shits me a bit that come TLT I might have to consider trading in a guy for $670k that aint named to start....

I think for my team personally I rather Ponga, because while Burns is injured I'm playing WFB roulette with the 3 cheap WFBs (Sivo, Garrick, Rava)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:Pangai gets two weeks suspension (if early plea is taken)..

He seems to be taking this enforcer role to the extreme. That cheap shot was worst than the Soliola cheap shot on Slater because he hit Cronk much later than Soliola did when he hit Slater. They said last night that TPJ's father or grand father was very ill well I think he let out his pain in the late shot.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm

White Lightning wrote:

He seems to be taking this enforcer role to the extreme. That cheap shot was worst than the Soliola cheap shot on Slater because he hit Cronk much later than Soliola did when he hit Slater. They said last night that TPJ's father or grand father was very ill well I think he let out his pain in the late shot.

I actually didn't think it was that bad. It was late, but marginal. I am not arguing the charge/suspension, I think that is fair. He needs to get this dumb stuff out of his game.

Just another player out for my fantasy team though.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Who do you play out of Sivo, Garrick and Rava by the way?

Worth considering which defenders/attackers they will be up against or just a coin flip (anyone got a 3-sided coin)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:In a world where you could get anyone next week, does that performance from Crichton mean he's atop the list of trade-ins for most people.

If Arrow shits the bed then I'll be flicking him for Crichton. Macca is on notice as well.

Yes, I'll be running out of trades very quickly if I keep this up.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Angus, RJames, and Ponga are all around the 660k mark
    I'll be looking at upgrading Mahoney, Hughes, and Capewell (in that order)
    I've got enough coin to upgrade Mahoney, but I need to fund the other 2 upgrades by selling AK and Brown, not sure if that's going to be enough
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Camo123 wrote:Who do you play out of Sivo, Garrick and Rava by the way?

Worth considering which defenders/attackers they will be up against or just a coin flip (anyone got a 3-sided coin)

I think its worth considering which team they play against and who you think will win, not necessarily the direct match up.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:58 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I think its worth considering which team they play against and who you think will win, not necessarily the direct match up.

I don't think any of those teams will win Very Happy Eels probably a better chance I guess
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:59 pm

My focus next week is freeing up enough cash to get cash cow out and Ponga in so I don't have to play Sivo again. 105k in the bank currently.

Problem is the only person worth trading currently is going to be Brown and the only people I could upgrade to Ponga with are solid 35-40 scorers on my interchange. Is having to play a spud like Host on my interchange worth the extra 10-15 points I'd get from going Capewell or Lawrie to Ponga?

Well who knows. It's only one game in and there's plenty of time for a decision to be taken out of my hands as to who to trade.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I actually didn't think it was that bad. It was late, but marginal. I am not arguing the charge/suspension, I think that is fair. He needs to get this dumb stuff out of his game.

Just another player out for my fantasy team though.

THIS! I watched it live and watched all the replays and in normal speed it honestly didn't look that late. Cronk was shaping to run, TPJ started the tackle about a metre away from cronk, head was down. With his size he doesn't need to do that shit. This is why i think a propping role would be best for him and allow Ofa to take that defensive ball handling role
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 pm

White Lightning wrote:

It only looks bad because they played it in slow-motion. It's not as bad as everyone made it out to be. Granted he could've eased up just before contact but the ball was still in the air when contact happened. In saying that, he's not that good at being an enforcer. He was much better last year. Might be putting too much pressure on himself.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:08 pm

Camo123 wrote:Who do you play out of Sivo, Garrick and Rava by the way?

The Knights have leaked one try to a right side winger.

The Sharks have conceded one try to a left winger but it was a runaway intercept.

The Rabbitohs have leaked one try to a right winger.

Basically none of the teams they're playing are notably weak on their attacking edge. It's really just a throw of the dice. I've gone Sivo just because I'm thinking he may get more involved after a confidence boosting performance last week although Ravalawa has slightly better scores than him where tries aren't involved.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Chewie wrote:

Angus, RJames, and Ponga are all around the 660k mark
    I'll be looking at upgrading Mahoney, Hughes, and Capewell (in that order)
    I've got enough coin to upgrade Mahoney, but I need to fund the other 2 upgrades by selling AK and Brown, not sure if that's going to be enough

We did exactly the same trades this week, and you are looking at the exact same three I want to target.. I've only $90k ITB so I'll employ a cash out / upgrade double trade strategy for the net three weeks I think.... Might be able to get all three in two weeks if someone like Arrow becomes a trade.

I guess next week depends in part how Ponga and James go. Angus hit his BE but even still another decent score won't push him too much higher.

Unlike you I dont have a pressing issue at any given position, But I do need to sort out by red dots and 16th and 17th men. Therefore I'll just be picking up whoever the Best dictate.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

If Arrow shits the bed then I'll be flicking him for Crichton. Macca is on notice as well.

Yes, I'll be running out of trades very quickly if I keep this up.

Yeah, I'll watch tonight to get a read on Arrow. My gut says he goes massive v the Warriors Smile

I flicked Macca last week. Kinda had to to get Teddy...
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Mac Attack wrote:Looping advice

A) Keep Bird’s score (32)
    B) Gamble on Sele to beat Bird’s score
    C) Gamble on Host to beat Bird’s score
    D) Gamble on Ravalawa to beat Bird’s score

I'd probably choose A or C there.

My dilemma is option A or E) Gamble on the Carty Party to beat Bird's score. I think I'll gamble....
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 pm

On Renegades their latest article talks about L. Lewis. He's the only half that has scored 50+ in all 3 rounds. Base stats of 47.8 just through tackles & kick metres. The Bulldogs are first in completion rate at 85% (last year they were 1st at 80%) & completing sets drives kick metres. It seems the Bulldogs playing shite improves L. Lewis fantasy prospects & this weeks game against the Storm will be no exception.
    Now they add a an additional note that the article was written before Foran was out so they reckon this will make Lewis slightly less valuable with Cogger as his halves partner. I thought it would improve Lewis as a fantasy prospect because won't Lewis inherit all of Foran's kick metres. Thoughts & thanks.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:15 pm

White Lightning wrote:On Renegades their latest article talks about L. Lewis. He's the only half that has scored 50+ in all 3 rounds. Base stats of 47.8 just through tackles & kick metres. The Bulldogs are first in completion rate at 85% (last year they were 1st at 80%) & completing sets drives kick metres. It seems the Bulldogs playing shite improves L. Lewis fantasy prospects & this weeks game against the Storm will be no exception.
    Now they add a an additional note that the article was written before Foran was out so they reckon this will make Lewis slightly less valuable with Cogger as his halves partner. I thought it would improve Lewis as a fantasy prospect because won't Lewis inherit all of Foran's kick metres. Thoughts & thanks.

I'm not too sure if this means much but last year when Pearce and Lamb weren't playing Coggar pretty much did all the kicking next to Watson.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:20 pm