NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:31 am

Please your problems stem from the lack of innovation your coach displays. His winning percentage has fallen behind Shane Flannagan. He has one good season and then is so predictable the good teams ride him like a horse Drug .
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Your Name wrote:

Less than a grand final win is considered a failure for the Broncos.

I agree.

Exactly right.
    If the Bronco's dont win the GF, with pretty much the same squad - its a failure for their season for sure.
    Same with the Cowboys.

If a team regresses from one year to another then sure, its a failure of a season.

That being said, Injures always happen.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:I'm not sure the defense was that good.  There was some decent scramble, but we still conceded a heap of tries, and could have conceded more but Penrith bombed a couple.

Was quite pleased with the attack though. Best we've looked in ages in terms of actually hitting ball runners running angles that look like they might actually break the line. Take out the first 20 minutes and was quite pleasing to watch for the most part.

If that was an origin selection trial in any way, shape or form, Tedesco just confirmed his spot. Completely outplayed Moylan.

yeah, our defense wasn't perfect but it was better then in previous weeks. The Panthers may have bombed some tries with their errors but they were gifted two, even Stevie Wonder saw them.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Halatau officially announces retirement. Congratulations on your career Dene and a big thank you for your part in the 2005 premiership.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:53 pm

Under rated player.
    Instrumental in their 2005 win.

Great career for a bloke who is an apparently average player.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:12 pm

I remember his 1st or 2nd game, playing in the Centres and he dropped 2 or 3 balls in a half of footy and I didn't think he'd ever get picked again.  Mind you we had the likes of Nick Bradley-Qualilawa in our arsenal of Centres back then... Embarassed

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:30 pm

SI wrote:Nick Bradley-Qualilawa

**Qalilawa

:pp:
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:Nick Bradley-Qualilawa

**Qalilawa

:pp:
    Haha, surprised I even got that close.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:04 am

Some info from Wests Tigers Forum poster who works for the Tigers.

Talking about Farah at the start

Both Newcastle and St George are in the mix, the stumbling block remains the $. Newcastle's offer is a straight swap for Uate which would effectively still cost us Farah's full $900k + a $50k binding TPA ( Uate is contracted @ $500k so it's being sold as only costing us $400k, but in real terms we would have to pay the $900k and we get Uate for free so to speak) The club is trying to finesse the deal by offering Rankin & Littlejohn in an attempt to actually save another $200k. Funny thing is Newcastle are keen on Kevvie returning, but Taylor not at all keen to release, also a major attraction to Uate is to play alongside Kevvie again at WTs. The St George deal is a straight 50% subsidy whereby we pay $450k + $50 tpa (its actually back dated short payments from previous years) This would mean we could effectively save $450k which would secure Elijah Taylor. This is a cleaner deal but was only raised the day after origin 3, the Newcastle deal has been on the table for a couple of months and included a guarantee that Mick Potter would not remain at the club. Danny Buderas will take an expanded role and is reasonably close with Farah. Farah's future remains the key issue for our 2017 recruitment. He is absolutely entitled to remain with the club and continues to enjoy strong support from 2 key sponsors. The playing group is largely behind Jason Taylor but this doesn't automatically mean there is a split in the club. For example Dene Halatau remains very tight with both Farah & Taylor and this is the case with the majority of the club, to my knowledge there are only a few exceptions. I will repeat both Jason Taylor and Robbie Farah are being extremely professional with each other and I still cannot find any substantive evidence of Robbie undermining the coach. They will never be close, and there's no doubt the club would be better off if one of them moved on, but its still a case of wait and see. I don't have an opinion or anything else to offer.
    A very quick update on all other recruitment rumours which are predicated on the club somehow magically saving the entire $900k value of Robbie's contract ( read Fifita; Lewis; Hayne etc) this will not happen. Of all the info I have heard the best offer/s we have received this year or last is a 50% contract share ie $450k saving. The Leeds offer was genuine and Robbie was very keen but for reasons that have not been explained to me we were only prepared to pay $300k subsidy.
    Addo Carr has tried to get out his contract with Melb but this is extremely unlikely unless we pay $200k compensation. Ryan Papenhuyzen has been earmarked as the next big thing and is spending countless hours practising goal kicking. He may start on the wing but will end up in the centres probably in 2018. Curtis Sironen knuckling down at training and showing a good attitude. Ersan Marsters doing extras trying to prove he's an 80 minute player. Cherrington has signed an option with Penrith directly linked to whether Robbie stays or leaves. Heleta desperate for a crack in the centres, but with Taylor a huge fan of Kevvie unlikely to happen, he may look elsewhere, but has not received any offers to date. Local juniors continue to be a high priority with the 'born and breed, not bought and fed' mantra a cornerstone of the strategic plan. Not much else of substance to share the club continues to be a positive place albeit with a few loose ends. Human nature sees a void of information and rushes to fill it with rumours and innuendo, I accept and understand that is the case with Farah's situation. All I can accurately share is that Robbie's interests will be protected by Pascoe all the way down the line. Let there be no doubt about it, Elijah Taylor's retention is very personal to Pascoe, and also let there be no doubt that we must make the top 4 in 2017 or MAJOR changes will instantly occur at the club. I'm not hearing anything to suggest we won't retain Tedesco & Woods, but it appears unlikely we will keep both Brooks & Moses beyond 2017 - next year will determine many things not the least those linked to the expiration of the current strategic plan / Pascoe is now formulating the plan for 2017 -2020 - it will include virtually moving all games to 1 stadium.
    Until next time don't be afraid of the dark....
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:38 am

Thats a good post. Its great getting (apparent) actual insider info.

Farah to the knights.... the very fact that he would require Mick Potter to be punted really worries me. He is not even there and he is already fucking coaches off.

Personally, I would prefer Ballin or someone similar in a real time share with Levi at newie.

Not keeping Brooks and moses is odd... Brooks has done nothing but hurt his price tag this year and Moses has shown glimpses without being consistently great.
    Surely they can keep Brooks, Woods, Moses, Tedesco together. Surely.

If the broncos can keep Hunt, McGuire, Milford, Boyd - SURELY the tigers can keep their 4.
    melboune have Cronk, Bromwich, Smith, Slater
    fuck even the warriors have Johnson, Matulino (albeit hes been shit this year), RTS, Luke

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Keeping Brooks or Moses has nothing to do with $$$
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:46 pm

No Worries wrote:Keeping Brooks or Moses has nothing to do with $$$

Please explain
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:08 pm

The thought is balance is needed and an old head to take control when things get tough as apposed to nothing but flair
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm

No Worries wrote:The thought is balance is needed and an old head to take control when things get tough as apposed to nothing but flair

Why the fuck do they want to get rid of their hooker that has the ability to do that
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:30 pm

He doesn't like to share
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 pm

No Worries wrote:The thought is balance is needed and an old head to take control when things get tough as apposed to nothing but flair

So you are saying that they want to get rid of brooks or moses?
    prob brooks
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:48 am

That thought is some backward thinking. If that was needed than why do it when they have developed some experience and not a couple of years ago when they both had none?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Krump wrote:
    That thought is some backward thinking. If that was needed than why do it when they have developed some experience and not a couple of years ago when they both had none?

And thats why I dont agree with it, I dont think thats what they want at all.
    I think they desperately want to hang onto Brooks, Moses, Tedesco and Woods and I dont see why they cant when farah is gone.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Farah axed again
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Tigers are only 2 points outside the 8.

And Taylor has decided that Dene Halatau is the hooker to close that gap.

2 years ago the Tigers were in a similar position - on the fringe of the 8 and about to play the Dragons. That week they decided to sack Potter, we got pumped by the Dragons and sucked for the rest of the year. I guess that we're about to see a similar thing this year too.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:15 am