NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Wests Tigers 2016 Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2016 Thread

Post by RandomSil Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am

Just going to point out some interesting things..

- The board only want to drop Jason Taylor if they can get Cleary, which would be great as I rate Cleary as a coach. 

- Elijah Taylor potentially being signed. I would say that is a great signing, particularly if they target Cleary for next year as well. (Cleary has big wraps on Taylor.) Taylor would be solid in at Lock.

- Panthers wanting Te Maire Martin and Cherrington as 2/4 of their spine. Would mean they try and ship off Segeyaro for sure then. 

- Moses and Brooks for $600k each for 1 more year. Interesting the Bulldogs are looking at both of them.

- Koroibete would return to the Tigers for $360k. Tigers want him for $280k. I think they should pass on it. He is great, but at the end of the day he is playing on the wing. With Nofoaluma and Addo-Carr they should be fine.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 am

Why arent the Tigers going after Seggy?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Random wrote:Just going to point out some interesting things..

- The board only want to drop Jason Taylor if they can get Cleary, which would be great as I rate Cleary as a coach. 

- Elijah Taylor potentially being signed. I would say that is a great signing, particularly if they target Cleary for next year as well. (Cleary has big wraps on Taylor.) Taylor would be solid in at Lock.

- Panthers wanting Te Maire Martin and Cherrington as 2/4 of their spine. Would mean they try and ship off Segeyaro for sure then. 

- Moses and Brooks for $600k each for 1 more year. Interesting the Bulldogs are looking at both of them.

- Koroibete would return to the Tigers for $360k. Tigers want him for $280k. I think they should pass on it. He is great, but at the end of the day he is playing on the wing. With Nofoaluma and Addo-Carr they should be fine.

Also,from his first post
    - Coaching tensions are occurring because of disagreements with player selections
    - lovett only good for 20 min spells
    - Rod Griffen leads the Intrust cup for off loads but can't get a look in
    - Marion Seve left because he was informed he wouldn't be playing 1st grade despite "training the house down"
    - Chee Kam form and training application slipping due to not geting an opportunity
    - Cherrington wants to stay but wants to be no. 1 hooker
    - Addo Carr being chased by Melbourne but apparently wants to stay a Tiger because he is a big Tiger supporter
    +more and there are about 3 other posts worth reading by the same person
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Bren wrote:Why arent the Tigers going after Seggy?

Jacob Liddle is viewed highly by the recruiters
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Random wrote:Just going to point out some interesting things..

I hate the whole "hes a winger so hes only worth this much" stuff.
    He is 1. As good if not better than any forwards when he is coming out of his own end.
    2. He is fast as fuck and near impossible to tackle one on one.
    3. He is a good finisher.
    Sure, the argument applies with someone like Rankin, but there are good wingers who deserve good money like Koroibete and Semi etc and there are shit wingers who deserve minimum wage like Rankin.

If you can pay your centre a little bit less, or piss Moses off and sign someone like Blake Green (or a 6 who can tackle) who is a solid player (who would be on roughly half of what Moses wants, if not less) then you can afford to pay a good winger good money.

The sad thing with the Brooks/Moses saga - they would prob both be really good players behind good forward packs. They both have the potential and talent in offence to be really classy players, but currently they have to do everything off the back foot and have to make too many one on one tackles.
    Neither of them are worth that kind of money at this stage in their careers. Its crazy that that is what the market is for halves with potential (how long can you keep saying that?)

The board are idiots if they dont want to get rid of taylor now. Fuck him off, put Payton as the intrem coach and wait till Cleary (who still has a ? next to him name as a coach IMO) or fucking pick up Toovey.
    Anyone could tell that Taylor was never going to work, he just is not head coach material. A good assistant though.

But yeah, I would say they arent going after Seggy coz of Farah's monster deal and they cant afford to pay both well for a year, they are also too scared to do back ended contracts now so can just load up on the back of Segs for when they dont re-sign Farah at the end of next year. They will be fucking pissed if they miss out on Seg tho, and Cherry leaves as well.

How Sironen is used fucking shits me to tears too.
    The bloke had 5 runs in that game last night. 5. 5 runs. Amazing. He is massive, runs good lines and is skillful, yet they never give him the fucking ball. He would be getting paid quite a bit too, use him! Taylor has just about coached all the creativity out of his game though.

ET is a quality signing if they have actually done it, he cleans up the defence in the middle a fair bit.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Agree with pieeater, Koro is worth $360k.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:23 pm

Pieman wrote:
    I hate the whole "hes a winger so hes only worth this much" stuff.
    He is 1. As good if not better than any forwards when he is coming out of his own end.
    2. He is fast as fuck and near impossible to tackle one on one.
    3. He is a good finisher.
    Sure, the argument applies with someone like Rankin, but there are good wingers who deserve good money like Koroibete and Semi etc and there are shit wingers who deserve minimum wage like Rankin.

If you can pay your centre a little bit less, or piss Moses off and sign someone like Blake Green (or a 6 who can tackle) who is a solid player (who would be on roughly half of what Moses wants, if not less) then you can afford to pay a good winger good money.

The sad thing with the Brooks/Moses saga - they would prob both be really good players behind good forward packs. They both have the potential and talent in offence to be really classy players, but currently they have to do everything off the back foot and have to make too many one on one tackles.
    Neither of them are worth that kind of money at this stage in their careers. Its crazy that that is what the market is for halves with potential (how long can you keep saying that?)

The board are idiots if they dont want to get rid of taylor now. Fuck him off, put Payton as the intrem coach and wait till Cleary (who still has a ? next to him name as a coach IMO) or fucking pick up Toovey.
    Anyone could tell that Taylor was never going to work, he just is not head coach material. A good assistant though.

But yeah, I would say they arent going after Seggy coz of Farah's monster deal and they cant afford to pay both well for a year, they are also too scared to do back ended contracts now so can just load up on the back of Segs for when they dont re-sign Farah at the end of next year. They will be fucking pissed if they miss out on Seg tho, and Cherry leaves as well.

How Sironen is used fucking shits me to tears too.
    The bloke had 5 runs in that game last night. 5. 5 runs. Amazing. He is massive, runs good lines and is skillful, yet they never give him the fucking ball. He would be getting paid quite a bit too, use him! Taylor has just about coached all the creativity out of his game though.

ET is a quality signing if they have actually done it, he cleans up the defence in the middle a fair bit.

- Don't get me wrong, when talking about Koroibete he is a great talent and I rate premier wingers highly. (Always tend to pick them early in draft games.) My problem isn't so much as his price. He is surely worth that much if not more, my problem is they have Nofoaluma, Addo-Carr and Naiqama (Who I rate more as a winger) who are all competent and skilled wingers. If I was a Tigers fan I would prefer them to invest that money in a quality CTR (I wonder how Koro would go there, the bloke is powerful and could draw in defenders.) or do actually build a solid forward pack. Outside Woods and Grant there is pretty much nothing.

- For mine Moses is looking better than Brooks this year, ideally you would want to keep both but if you couldn't I would keep Moses. But they are relatively even to be honest. I see why they would chase that much money from their own financial stand point. But if I was the Tigers I would invest in building one half and find someone decent to pair with them. If they could get him cheap Will Smith would be decent, otherwise as you mentioned someone like Green who is solid or Wallace/I. John could be alright. 

- I don't mind Taylor as a coach, but I rate Cleary so I would chase him.

- I would love for them to pick up Segeyaro. They need another solid playmaker and he would fill that role. I don't rate Cherrington though I haven't seen much of him, if the club see him as the future then they should be using him. I completely agree that if they lose out on Cherrington and Segeyaro because of Farah that they would be pissed and rightfully so.

If the Tigers have spare cash floating around to spend on their forward pack I would look at grabbing Klemmer, Jackson, Tamou (I think the Cowboys move him on.) Even Aubusson or Soliola would be decent grabs if you could get them at a fair price. 

Say they manage to get Farah to leave this season, and don't pick up Segeyaro. If they had the following it would be a great foundation for their halves.
    Woods - Tamou
    Lawrence - Taylor - Sue

Grant - Griffin - Seumanufagai/Sironen/Lovett
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

Ballin &* Farah both still signed for next year. Cherry is off contract so he's as good as gone (if not by June 30- which would leave a gap in the 25 and Addo Car could be promoted so as not to eat into the 2nd tier cap.)

The board has come out in support of Taylor today. Woo Hoo hope he's better at packing membership bags than Sheens, that prick forgot my lanyard.

5 day turn around yet again (then 18 days till the next game). Now the Magpies have bought out the Tiger's debt can we piss the NRL directors off and someone stand up to the NRL in support of our players.

It's a no to Korro. We need a winger that can kick a goal, we need someone who can kick a goal. Rankin is no kicker. Last time we had a kicker was Ross Conlon. That being said if you don't score tries you don't really need a kicker Mad
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Your Name wrote:Ballin &* Farah both still signed for next year. Cherry is off contract so he's as good as gone (if not by June 30- which would leave a gap in the 25 and Addo Car could be promoted so as not to eat into the 2nd tier cap.)

The board has come out in support of Taylor today. Woo Hoo hope he's better at packing membership bags than Sheens, that prick forgot my lanyard.

5 day turn around yet again (then 18 days till the next game). Now the Magpies have bought out the Tiger's debt can we piss the NRL directors off and someone stand up to the NRL in support of our players.

It's a no to Korro. We need a winger that can kick a goal, we need someone who can kick a goal. Rankin is no kicker. Last time we had a kicker was Ross Conlon. That being said if you don't score tries you don't really need a kicker Mad

You had a goal kicking winger for the last few years but let him to back to superleague. Yes he is old and kind of shit, but hes better than Rankin still and is an excellent goal kicker.

There are a couple getting around over there, someone like Josh Mantellato could be alright.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Just get Tedesco to kick. He's responsible for the rest of their points, so he might as well be responsible for conversions too.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Jasont Taylor has shown no mercy to the underperforming Tigers.

After a 60 point hammering at the hands of the Raiders, JT wielded the axe. Gone from last week's team is Nathan Milone, replaced by Tim Simona who returns from suspension 9and would have done so win,lose or draw)
    Other casualties include nobody, because we've otherwise named the same fucking team that has gotten beaten the last 6 week's in a row. Don't think there is a single change made in those 6 weeks that has not been forced by injury or suspension.

Hope to see some sort of changes announced come Thursday night
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:

After  a 60 point hammering at the hands of the Raiders, JT wielded the axe. Gone from last week's team is Nathan Milone, replaced by Tim Simona who returns from suspension 9and would have done so win,lose or draw)
    Other casualties include nobody, because we've otherwise named the same fucking team that has gotten beaten the last 6 week's in a row. Don't think there is a single change made in those 6 weeks that has not been forced by injury or suspension.

Lol

Love that we only have 1 genuine prop on the bench again. Although being a veteran of a total of 2 NRL games certainly goes a long way.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:51 pm

Have just realised that Tigers played NSW Cup on Sunday. So if anyone was going to get a call up they'd be on a 4 day turn around.

Another stunning success for the NRL draw
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:

After  a 60 point hammering at the hands of the Raiders, JT wielded the axe. Gone from last week's team is Nathan Milone, replaced by Tim Simona who returns from suspension 9and would have done so win,lose or draw)

Fuck me.. thats amazing.

Surely there will be some changes come Thursday.
    They wont drop the halves coz they are scared they will leave if they dont get played.
    They have no props besides grant now that Woods is injured so who else can they put there?

Rankin can fuck off, Kev - he has been good in attack this year (most of the time) but him and Moses defending next to each other is just laughable.

They need to start using Cherrington, or Ballin might be back this week and at least have him on the bench.

Crazy that no one is accountable for the loss. Not the coach, the coach hasnt blamed any of the players (that we know of) and no one misses out...

Surely they will make changes.. I just cant believe they wont.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Why dont the Tigers go after David Fifita?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Bren wrote:Why dont the Tigers go after David Fifita?

Thats right, the Tigers let andrew fifita go! fuck me
    That was years ago and they were spurting salary cap dramas back then.

Its incompetence at the highest order and mismanaging of the cap - for years and years.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The biggest change will occur in the 18 days after our 7th straight loss with the same fucking team and JT finds himself at Minto Centrelink.
    wizard333

Post by wizard333 Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:

You may be somewhat disappointed. Looks like Tigers have major issues with their second tier salary cap. Unless they're prepared to swallow largish fines Taylor has sfa leverage as far as dropping players goes.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:54 pm

wizard333 wrote:

You may be somewhat disappointed.  Looks like Tigers have major issues with their second tier salary cap.  Unless they're prepared to swallow largish fines Taylor has sfa leverage as far as dropping players goes.

I don't understand how this can be the case for so many clubs so often (and especially this early in the season. The Tigers haven't even used that many players yet. They've used 25 players - which is a fair bit for 8 rounds, but how many are outside the top 25*? And has it really put them into trouble?

Its ridiculous that clubs aren't allowed to play players in first grade for salary cap reasons, yet its perfectly fine for them to have them as part of the club earning a salary.

Why can't they work out a way of combining the 2 caps completely such that its always OK for contracted players to play first grade. Genuine question
    Is it because of differences in NSW cup and QLD cup? 
    It makes no sense to say that its perfectly OK for the Tigers to pay (for example) Rod Griffin a salary, and have him part of the organisation, but just ban him from actually playing first grade.

And how come its always the same clubs that run into trouble. Brisbane have to field almost an entirely second string team at least once a year during origin. Why do they never have 2nd tier issues. Is it because their 2nd tier cap has the same magical properties their top tier cap does?

*Tigers website doesn't actually list their top 25 squad. They have 34 players in their "first grade" profiles section. Used 24 players form their plus JJ Felise from U20s

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:Brisbane have to field almost an entirely second string team at least once a year during origin. Why do they never have 2nd tier issues. Is it because their 2nd tier cap has the same magical properties their top tier cap does?

Rolling Eyes

Parker
    Gillett
    Thaiday
    McGuire
    Boyd
    Maybe Oates this year

That is 6 players missing due to origin this year. The Broncos byes are usually origin friendly so blokes like Boyd, Gillett etc tend to back up. Our sides generally only change unless injury strikes or due to rep duties so we don't have a massive player turnover like other sides.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm