NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 VSDT NRL

Welshy
    Welshy

2019 VSDT NRL - Page 23 Empty Re: 2019 VSDT NRL

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:35 pm

DCE worth a trade in over TTurbo/Ponga?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Welshy wrote:DCE worth a trade in over TTurbo/Ponga?

I'd rank them Ponga > TTurbo > DCE - which is basically in order of their price. When DCE was killing it earlier in the year, he was goal kicking and scored some tries; hasn't proved sustainable. Ponga's average/price is actually dragged down by his time at 5/8th. At FB he's been unstoppable - i guess t just depends on how quickly he recovers from this calf injury...

i got smashed at the end of last year in successive head-to-heads by blokes who had TTurbo and DCE in their teams. When they are playing at Brookvale, they can absolutely carve up. I just looked at their draw and there is a decent spread of home (4) and away (5) games left. Was struck by how tough Manly's draw is coming home: the lowest ranked team they play is the Warriors (in NZ). Otherwise they've got Storm (twice), Eels (twice), Bunnies, Raiders, Knights, and Tigers.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Welshy wrote:

100% was the safe play lads! Not even mad!

Up to 3rd. Cut the gap to 2nd to only 23 points and first to 92 (from 170)

Come on the Welsh lads or Eaglestar!

For the fanatics!

Love the way your going Welshy and Eaglestar. Go get em boys.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Also having a similar dilemma. Having to sell Watson for a halfback and was always going to be DCE, but not so sure now. Already have Munster and Brooks. It's out of DCE, Cleary and possibly Mitch Moses. I like Parra's remaining draw. I suppose, don't think about it anymore till after Origin.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:31 pm

I don't see DCE as a must for the run home. Sea Eagles run home is pretty tough and him not goal kicking anymore will hurt his scoring as well. No way he gets it back from Garrick. Just don't see him being the levels he was at start of year for those reasons. Knights have a good draw remaining so Ponga will be a must on the run home when he comes back most likely round 18.
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm so glad TPJ came through for me and even outscored Tevaga. When I just missed the Tevaga trade in before lockout i really thought i'd messed up. Goes to show things can turn around. Might end up getting that cash Tevaga makes if TPJ can keep that form up from now on.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Eaglestar wrote:I'm so glad TPJ came through for me and even outscored Tevaga. When I just missed the Tevaga trade in before lockout i really thought i'd messed up. Goes to show things can turn around. Might end up getting that cash Tevaga makes if TPJ can keep that form up from now on.

I looked at TPJ and Lodge, Ofa back soon and Gillett so don't think they will hold their roles! Tevaga looks to have a reoccurance of early season ankle injury though so swings.

I will have BSmith and Jazz on my bench moving forward so happy with the depth if they have to fill in
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:59 pm

jelejasof wrote:

I'd rank them Ponga > TTurbo > DCE - which is basically in order of their price.  When DCE was killing it earlier in the year, he was goal kicking and scored some tries; hasn't proved sustainable.  Ponga's average/price is actually dragged down by his time at 5/8th.  At FB he's been unstoppable - i guess t just depends on how quickly he recovers from this calf injury...

i got smashed at the end of last year in successive head-to-heads by blokes who had TTurbo and DCE in their teams.  When they are playing at Brookvale, they can absolutely carve up.  I just looked at their draw and there is a decent spread of home (4) and away (5) games left.  Was struck by how tough Manly's draw is coming home: the lowest ranked team they play is the Warriors (in NZ).  Otherwise they've got Storm (twice), Eels (twice), Bunnies, Raiders, Knights, and Tigers.

I'm looking at going Twal - Klemmer and Norman - Turbo

Would leave me $177,000 to get Cook back in and Ponga for Cleary

DCE still avergaing 50 which is 5 points more than Cleary/Arey/Moses. Been on a poor run of fantasy form but still averaging 42 last 5 only a tick under the rest full season averages. His price is just sooooo appealing

Think I've got to go with Ponga for sure and decide how much Turbo averages from R17-25 vs getting him or DCE
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Welshy wrote:

I looked at TPJ and Lodge, Ofa back soon and Gillett so don't think they will hold their roles! Tevaga looks to have a reoccurance of early season ankle injury though so swings.

I will have BSmith and Jazz on my bench moving forward so happy with the depth if they have to fill in

Yeah true I expect them to have less work load when the troops come back. Don't plan on playing TPJ. The plan was to get their points for the bye then sell 1 or both with some continued cash for now hopefully. Selling Lodge or TPJ to a Half or Fullback will get all my duels into play.

Yeah depth be important we will sure need that towards end of year. Tevaga's ankle is a worry. He will also lose the bigger role when Harris is back. BSmith has doubts as well when Storms troops come back. I would say their roles are questionable as well moving forward if decide to keep them as back ups.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:20 pm

Eaglestar wrote:

Yeah true I expect them to have less work load when the troops come back. Don't plan on playing TPJ. The plan was to get their points for the bye then sell 1 or both with some continued cash for now hopefully. Selling Lodge or TPJ to a Half or Fullback will get all my duels into play.

Yeah depth be important we will sure need that towards end of year. Tevaga's ankle is a worry. He will also lose the bigger role when Harris is back. BSmith has doubts as well when Storms troops come back. I would say their roles are questionable as well moving forward if decide to keep them as back ups.

For sure mate on Smith/Tevaga. Pretty much need some injuries in the packs to fully use them. Both of us hoping our starters stay fit lol!!

How far away are you from your top 17?
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Welshy wrote:

For sure mate on Smith/Tevaga. Pretty much need some injuries in the packs to fully use them. Both of us hoping our starters stay fit lol!!

How far away are you from your top 17?

Bit of luck and injuries and your BSmith/Tevaga could well be holds. Same goes with my TPJ/Lodge. One will definitely go i'd say to a half or fullback. I'm pretty close. At the right time Klemmer will come in. CS9, Taupau, Twal, Lodge be my bench for now with SST, TPJ 18th 19th man. When my duels take effect then Ma'u or Nikora will be able to transfer between 2nd row and centre and have duel between half and fullback. Also duel between Front row and 2nd row.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Eaglestar wrote:

Bit of luck and injuries and your BSmith/Tevaga could well be holds. Same goes with my TPJ/Lodge. One will definitely go i'd say to a half or fullback. I'm pretty close. At the right time Klemmer will come in. CS9, Taupau, Twal, Lodge be my bench for now with SST, TPJ 18th 19th man. When my duels take effect then Mau' or Nikora will be able to transfer between 2nd row and centre and have duel between half and fullback. Also duel between Front row and 2nd row.

nice mate

I've got 2 of my final 17 in this week. 2 week after. 2 are luxury upgrades so may hold on them!

We should potentially tag team to try and get top 2 spots haha!
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Awesome mate.

Haha would be cool if we did. I won't mind if you win and I come 2nd. I'd kinda feel bad if I won again overall like 2017 so it's your turn. Top 20 finishes is a regular thing for me on this comp. A top 10 i'd be happy with. Was 12th last year.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:29 pm

So Welshy and Eaglestar, it's great how well you are both going and how you are happy to share your thoughts publicly. But surely there comes a time where you don't want to share what you plan to do so possible challenger lurkers get the heads up on what you're possible plans are?
    PM each other and ask specific questions here but I reckon you are both a chance of winning this and therefore don't really need to be advertising what you're doing.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 pm

code delta wrote:So Welshy and Eaglestar, it's great how well you are both going and how you are happy to share your thoughts publicly. But surely there comes a time where you don't want to share what you plan to do so possible challenger lurkers get the heads up on what you're possible plans are?
    PM each other and ask specific questions here but I reckon you are both a chance of winning this and therefore don't really need to be advertising what you're doing.

Cheers mate, well aware of that. Could be dropping a few bloopers in there, could not be Very Happy
    Eaglestar
    Eaglestar

Post by Eaglestar Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:41 pm

code delta wrote:So Welshy and Eaglestar, it's great how well you are both going and how you are happy to share your thoughts publicly. But surely there comes a time where you don't want to share what you plan to do so possible challenger lurkers get the heads up on what you're possible plans are?

True mate. If the challenger lurkers win they owe us a beer Cheers
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:12 pm

FWIW First is gonna have to burn a trade to field 17 this week.

He has 2 active halves: Munster and SJ (with Walters and Cleary in reserves)
    and 2 active WFBs: RTS, Ponga (wth Teddy, Ponga, and Allan reserves)

Im guessing he will trade Cleary to TTrbo via Ponga. He'll need $ to do that though.,. so he might it might cause jhim some issues! He'll be left with a couple weak links though with Watson deteriorating in value, and having to start SJ until he either trades in a better half or Ponga returns...

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:FWIW First is gonna have to burn a trade to field 17 this week.

He has 2 active halves: Munster and SJ (with Walters and Cleary in reserves)
    and 2 active WFBs: RTS, Ponga (wth Teddy, Ponga, and Allan reserves)

Im guessing he will trade Cleary to TTrbo via Ponga. He'll need $ to do that though.,. so he might it might cause jhim some issues! He'll be left with a couple weak links though with Watson deteriorating in value, and having to start SJ until he either trades in a better half or Ponga returns...

Clocked that mate, my Latrell trade in last week covers Tedesco nicely. No Ponga has helped me in the last few weeks for sure

Watson against the Doggies this weekend should help him though!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am

Team is complete with a bit up my sleave.

Didn't really click with this format tbh, I might go a bit better next season.

Cook Smith
    Fifita Haas Twal Kerr
    Taumalolo Jurbo Taupau SST Tevaga Staggs
    Moses SJ Ponga Dearden
    Bateman Mitchell Nikora Xerri
    Turbo RTS Munster Tedesco Coates
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:49 am

Hi boys I had a good round 16 moving up to 7th overall. With Tedesco out who would you play:
    (a) Watson or
    (b) To'o

Current squad with 3 trades left:
    Cook, McInnes
    Haas, Lodge, Twal, JFH
    Taumalolo, Taupau, Matterson, Murray, Tevaga, Host
    Ponga, Munster, SJ, Walters
    Bateman, Nikora, Xerri, Garrick
    Tedesco, Turbo, RTS, C. Watson, To'o

Cheers.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm