NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Draw 2016

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

NRL Draw 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Draw 2016

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:21 pm

NRL fans will be treated to host of local derbies on Sunday afternoons to begin 2016, with Sydney rivals to clash in the 4pm timeslot over the first five rounds of the season.

The 2016 NRL Telstra Premiership draw will be released exclusively on NRL.com this week, but NRL Head of Football Todd Greenberg has revealed some key fixtures to be played during the opening weeks of the competition.

It's set to be a win for families, with some of the game's biggest rivals to face off on Sunday afternoons throughout March and April.

"We have certainly made an effort to ensure that some of our best match-ups and blockbusters are in family-friendly timeslots," Greenberg said.

"Whilst I don't want to give too much away, we will have a number of strong Sydney derbies on Sundays through the opening rounds of the Telstra Premiership.

"Both of our broadcast partners, Channel Nine and Fox Sports, have been fantastic through this process to ensure we have some great match-ups for our fans."

It won't just be those in the harbour city who will be able to experience these fixtures, with all 4pm Sunday games to be broadcast live in high definition on Channel Nine and streamed live to tablets and mobile devices on NRL Digital Pass.

Local rivals the Roosters and Rabbitohs will resume hostilities at Allianz Stadium in Round 1, with South Sydney welcoming back grand final hero Sam Burgess in what will be his first game in cardinal and myrtle since the 2014 NRL decider.

Stacked with a host of fresh faces and attacking talent, 2016 is an important year for both the Sharks and Dragons, with the sides to meet at Remondis Stadium in Round 2 in a fixture that saw 84 points scored in two games in 2015.

The Rabbitohs have had the wood on Paul McGregor's team in recent times, but these two Charity Shield rivals never fail to produce a quality spectacle. St George Illawarra will host the Rabbitohs at the Sydney Cricket Ground in Round 3, before the Red V take on Penrith on Sunday afternoon in Round 4.

All eyes will then turn to the west in Round 5, when Brad Arthur and his new-look Eels face the Panthers under new coach Anthony Griffin. With plenty of movement at both clubs, it looms as one of the most anticipated western Sydney derbies in years at Pirtek Stadium.

Sunday fixtures to kick-off season 2016

Round 1 (March 6) – Roosters v Rabbitohs at Allianz Stadium | #NRLRoostersSouths
    Round 2 (March 13) – Sharks v Dragons at Remondis Stadium | #NRLSharksDragons
    Round 3 (March 20) – Dragons v Rabbitohs at Sydney Cricket Ground | #NRLDragonsSouths
    Round 4 (March 27) – Dragons v Panthers (TBA - Jubilee Oval or WIN Stadium) | #NRLDragonsPanthers
    Round 5 (April 3) – Eels v Panthers at Pirtek Stadium | #NRLEelsPanthers
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Good Friday

Broncos Vs Cowboys at Suncorp.
    Souffs Vs Bulldogs at ANZ

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Wish they did a super weekend like Superleague does!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Wish they did a super weekend like Superleague does!
    Yeah, me too.  It doesn't look like they are doing the five live at Easter either.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:02 am

That's what I was hoping for the 5 live. It was such a good day this year!
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:05 pm

That was AnzacDay I thought, not Easter.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Foxsports will have every game live with no ad breaks siren to siren. Why would anyone ever watch channel 9 again? Fuck em.

I'm going to see what foxtel will do to keep me when the season starts, losing the EPL rights is a huge letdown.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:02 am

Honeysett wrote:Foxsports will have every game live with no ad breaks siren to siren. Why would anyone ever watch channel 9 again? Fuck em.

I'm going to see what foxtel will do to keep me when the season starts, losing the EPL rights is a huge letdown.
    Knowing you won't have to watch 9 again should be enough lol!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:20 am

Krump wrote:
    Knowing you won't have to watch 9 again should be enough lol!

Haha fair call. I'll get the digital pass for the NRL if they're not going to give me something. Considering I just watch the EPL at the moment.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:30 am

Discussion at work: (anyone know the answer)

When you have Foxtel & Channel 9 simulcasting a game, will Fox as is the case now just take the Channel 9 commentators or will they broadcast with their own commentators essentially giving you a choice of commentators which could mean a shake up for some of the dinosaurs at 9 ?

Consensus here assumes both footage and commentary will be provided by 9 with their watermark logo.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:45 am

Your Name wrote:Discussion at work: (anyone know the answer)

When you have Foxtel & Channel 9 simulcasting a game, will Fox as is the case now just take the Channel 9 commentators or will they broadcast with their own commentators essentially giving you a choice of commentators which could mean a shake up for some of the dinosaurs at 9 ?

Consensus here assumes both footage and commentary will be provided by 9 with their watermark logo.

If you have seen the delayed games on Foxtel on a Friday night or Sunday they play their own commentary. It will have the 9 watermark I'm sure but they will have their own commentators.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:08 am

Honeysett wrote:
    Your Name wrote:Discussion at work: (anyone know the answer)

If you have seen the delayed games on Foxtel on a Friday night or Sunday they play their own commentary. It will have the 9 watermark I'm sure but they will have their own commentators.

This.

And where the fuck is the draw Crying or Very sad ?  Should have known after all these years not to get my hopes up when they said potentially Tuesday just gone.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:28 am

SI wrote:

This.

And where the fuck is the draw Crying or Very sad ?  Should have known after all these years not to get my hopes up when they said potentially Tuesday just gone.

I'll help you out with the draw, mate.

Tigers
    LLLLLLLLLWLLLLLLLWW

There you go Smile
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:45 am

I predict we will win AT LEAST 4 of those games...

By the way, Jim Kidd in Morley has a MASSIVE amount of Knights gear at ridiculous prices.  I mean like, there was more Newcastle gear than AFL gear, no shit.  And by ridiculous prices, there were 2 or 3 different versions of the 2015 jersey there for $40; and in pretty much every size.  If you do go it is spread out across the entire shop in about 4 different places and racks.

Either someone really fucked up with their ordering, or they actually thought the Knights were a chance of winning the premiership after round 4 this season  Very Happy .
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:53 am

SI wrote:I predict we will win AT LEAST 4 of those games...

By the way, Jim Kidd in Morley has a MASSIVE amount of Knights gear at ridiculous prices.  I mean like, there was more Newcastle gear than AFL gear, no shit.  And by ridiculous prices, there were 2 or 3 different versions of the 2015 jersey there for $40; and in pretty much every size.  If you do go it is spread out across the entire shop in about 4 different places and racks.

Either someone really fucked up with their ordering, or they actually thought the Knights were a chance of winning the premiership after round 4 this season  Very Happy .

Haha thanks mate Smile

Jim Kidd in the city had the same deal. Got myself an away jersey as well. It's pretty awesome how cheap it is.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:59 am

Full draw available at 3pm EDST - there you go, SI.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:15 am

So I hit the thanks button for your post but can't see it did anything.  Did you get a PM or something?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:17 am

Please please please let there be a Leichhardt game before or after an Origin game  bounce
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:23 am

SI wrote:Please please please let there be a Leichhardt game before or after an Origin game  bounce
    Keen to see the Tigers and Maroons get belted?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:32 am

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:Please please please let there be a Leichhardt game before or after an Origin game  bounce
    Keen to see the Tigers and Maroons get belted?

The first bit I can handle, so long as I get to an LO game next year.  The second, well hopefully said game is at Suncorp so I don't have to sit amongst the rats and filth to see your mob lose yet another series  Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm