NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 Team Jerseys

Pieman
    Pieman

2019 Team Jerseys - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 Team Jerseys

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Ice wrote:I actually really like the Broncos jersey, there intergration of the NRMA logo, which isn't usually Maroon is a lesson for the marketing boffins at NIB, and is why NRMA dwarfes NIB as a company. Think the Knights would be 100% better if the NIB logo was in the same position as the Cowboys Toyota logo. Think the Vodafone is well intergrated on the Warriors old school jersey, I like it.Dogs is standard, no issues there. I don't  mind the Eels jersey, but after winning the Spoon in it I would have been inclined to change it. Hate the Brydens Lawyers logo, but would have been heaps better if dropped below the point of the V.

To me its pretty obvious that NIB have paid more to have the logo stand out and to have it in a more prominent position on the jersey. Its clearly a calculated move. If it was red it would look odd on the jersey I reckon and blue cant be seen well enough on TV. Black cant be seen well over blue either.

Lots of the other jerseys have a logo on them where the colour isnt integrated into the clubs colours.
    The NRMA on the bronco jersey looks black, thats not a bronco colour. Sure it doesnt stand out like red or green tho.
    The dogs KIA is red.
    One of the cows ones are red.
    The parra one is white and black on one of them.
    The oak plus ones on Penny are basically in the same spot at the newy one and red. lol.

Ice

Post by Ice Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 am

Pieman wrote:

To me its pretty obvious that NIB have paid more to have the logo stand out and to have it in a more prominent position on the jersey. Its clearly a calculated move. If it was red it would look odd on the jersey I reckon and blue cant be seen well enough on TV. Black cant be seen well over blue either.

Lots of the other jerseys have a logo on them where the colour isnt integrated into the clubs colours.
    The NRMA on the bronco jersey looks black, thats not a bronco colour. Sure it doesnt stand out like red or green tho.
    The dogs KIA is red.
    One of the cows ones are red.
    The parra one is white and black on one of them.
    The oak plus ones on Penny are basically in the same spot at the newy one and red. lol.

You're right about the Broncos one at second glance, it is black, which shows the intergration is good as I had to take a second glance to realise it wasn't maroon. The red of the Kia works fine, when has red, white and blue not gone together. With the Cows red one, again, it the writing,  it stands out without smashing you in the face, Parras one works fine with the horizontal stripes, even though the funny yellow isn't perfect, it fits within the basic design of the jersey. The oak ones for Penrith,  again, it the writing that has the colour and it sits in an appropriate location.

Newcastle, you say it's obvious NIB have paid more to have it stand out,apart from the fact that is absolute speculation (are you suggesting NIB are paying more than Oak, or NRMA, KIA et al?). In no way does it intergrate with the rest of the jersey,  no way at all, and it makes the jersey look shit.  But don't take it personally,  it's just the way it is,it looks garish on what would otherwise be a really sharp jersey. If it was below the V and was just a white NIB, which would still be prominent, it would be a million times better for Newcastle and for NIB for mine.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am

NIB paid extra to not change their logo and have it 2 inches higher on the jersey. Not sure if that is representative of the plethora of choice that Newcastle would have, that sponsors are paying extra by the inch to be the highest bidder. Or it's more like Manly and Coco Joy in that it doesn't matter how bad it looks they'll take what they can get and are in effect at the sponsors mercy bcause there is no competition. With more spoons than Paul Revere in recent years, I'd say it's the latter.

None of the other logos have a garish background. It's just the logo. The Parramatta one is the one that grates me a little. Why you wouldnt actually make that a thick stripe on the jersey which would then incorperate ALAND into the jersey probably comes down to how often you are allowed to change jersey design and the length of the sponsors contract. But it just seems a no brainer.

Unlike FTA darlings the Tigers who have so many sponsors knocking down the door to get on their jersey. They can pick and choose based on company's logos so that the colours are complementary. I just wish they had of foregone the additional revenue of those couple of inches and dropped it below the V.

Last edited by No Worries on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:32 am

Do you think that those things happen purely by accident Ice? Of course Sponsors would pay to have things in certain spots or to have their logo stand out.

Whose to say that the final jersey will even have it that high?

Anyway, I am happy with the jersey the NIB doesnt bother me at all. love that they have gone back to the old school style, ill be buying a jersey this year. And for some reason I really want NIB health insurance now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Pieman wrote:Do you think that those things happen purely by accident Ice? Of course Sponsors would pay to have things in certain spots or to have their logo stand out.

Whose to say that the grand final jersey will even have it that high?

Anyway, I am happy with the jersey the NIB doesnt bother me at all. love that they have gone back to the old school style, ill be buying a jersey this year. And for some reason I really want NIB health insurance now.

FTFY

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 pm

I didn’t think you had a job pieman, but now I’m starting to think you work at nib, I’ve never seen some-one get so hostile and defensive over piss-poor sponsorship intergration before
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:46 pm

surmo13 wrote:I didn’t think you had a job pieman, but now I’m starting to think you work the street corner outside nib, I’ve never seen some-one get so hostile and defensive over piss-poor sponsorship intergration before

FTFY.

Wouldnt surprise me if NIB paid more to get their logo higher on the jersey to maximise the visibility of it. They'll need to make the most of what visibility they get considering they wont get a Thursday game all year... and the year will be over 4 weeks before half the other teams.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:10 pm

surmo13 wrote:I didn’t think you had a job pieman, but now I’m starting to think you work at nib, I’ve never seen some-one get so hostile and defensive over piss-poor sponsorship intergration before

coming from the guy who made a point of it, ignoring all the other jerseys that have sponsorship logos in similar spots where the colours are different to the club colours lol

Of course they paid more to have a logo that stands out. Its common sense. They know that newcastle will be one of if not the most spoken about team next season - the Ponga highlights alone will get them their money back through media exposure.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:11 pm

they get a few friday night games this year and sunday arvo games. More than some teams but yes, they dont have the advantages some other teams have in regards to exposure from FTA games
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Is there anything you lot won't argue about?
    2019 Team Jerseys - Page 2 9k=
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Krump wrote:Is there anything you lot won't argue about?
    nice rock

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:36 am

Pieman wrote:

coming from the guy who made a point of it, ignoring all the other jerseys that have sponsorship logos in similar spots where the colours are different to the club colours lol

a point? i made a joke, i'm sorry i didn't realise you were so sensitive princess, maybe if the Knights jersey wasn't the only one released so far to put their sponsor in a giant non-team-coloured billboard and then put that billboard in a place that covers most of the design of the jersey, there wouldn't be anything to make fun of Laugh

Krump wrote:Is there anything you lot won't argue about?

a rock? fuck off, that's a stone and you know it... oh wait...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:56 pm

surmo13 wrote:

a point? i made a joke, i'm sorry i didn't realise you were so sensitive princess, maybe if the Knights jersey wasn't the only one released so far to put their sponsor in a giant non-team-coloured billboard and then put that billboard in a place that covers most of the design of the jersey, there wouldn't be anything to make fun of Laugh

a rock? fuck off, that's a stone and you know it... oh wait...

As I said, the Jelly monster is real Smile
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Updated - Broncos, eels, raiders, dragons

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Pieman wrote:

As I said, the Jelly monster is real Smile

If you say so, have fun supporting the Newcastle nibs this year Rolling Laugh
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:16 am

Pieman wrote:Do you think that those things happen purely by accident Ice? Of course Sponsors would pay to have things in certain spots or to have their logo stand out.

Whose to say that the final jersey will even have it that high?

Yeah, I'm sure they have paid more to have it green and high, but not necessarily more than other sponsors have paid on other jerseys for less In your face design and position. No way NIB have paid more than NRMA or Toyota for mine.

If we took the sponsors off ALL jerseys, then yep, this Knights one is right up there with the best.

Agree with No Worries about the Eels one also.

Brydens Lawyerrs on the Tigers and Blues though is terrible, hate it.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 am

Ahhh, now, just saw the 3rd Parra Jersey. THAT is a jersey! Tradition, intergration of sponsor. Love it!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Are you as upset about the raiders jersey Surmbro? lol
    yeah i like that third parra jersey. Looks great.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Just make like Elsa and let it go princess, only thing I’m upset about is that it took this long to discover how much this gets under your skin, I could have been poking fun at Knights nibs jerseys for entertainment back when sportal still existed
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am

Pieman wrote:Are you as upset about the raiders jersey Surmbro? lol
    yeah i like that third parra jersey. Looks great.

There Is nothing really wrong with the Raiders jersey, not that I particularly like it but The red logo goes fine with the Green or white of the respective jersey, it's not like a big square sticker has been placed as an afterthought over the top of the main design. I don't understand how you can't see the difference and the collective reason for the critisim of the poor Knights integration. It was potentially a great jersey ruined by the NIB sticker.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am