NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Ice

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 15 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Ice Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:11 am

Tallis says Pangai Jr isn't worth a million and I agree, certainly not yet.

Hodges says if Pangai Jr wants to play Origin and in Big moment he should stay in Brisbane, if he wants to drink lattes in north Bondi and live a happy life, he should go to the Roosters?????????. Hodgo, it's not the 1990s anymore bro, Roosters have 4 minor premierships, 3 grand finals, 2 premierships and oodles of rep players in the last decade. The Broncos aren't even close. If he goes to the Roosters he has a better chance of both the things you mention.
    Pieman
    Pieman

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 15 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 am

haha yeah not to mention the bloke grew up in newcastle then moved to canberra. Its not like he didnt just move to QLD a couple of years ago.

He isnt worth that at the moment, but he a club would be paying for potential not for his actual current worth. He played like a million dollar player against the cowboys, easily the best game of his career, but then went missing the next week (relatively).

Until he gets that consistency in his game like Tuamalolo he isnt worth the same money.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:11 am

Ice wrote:Tallis says Pangai Jr isn't worth a million and I agree, certainly not yet.

Hodges says if Pangai Jr wants to play Origin and in Big moment he should stay in Brisbane, if he wants to drink lattes in north Bondi and live a happy life, he should go to the Roosters?????????. Hodgo, it's not the 1990s anymore bro, Roosters have 4 minor premierships, 3 grand finals, 2 premierships and oodles of rep players in the last decade. The Broncos aren't even close. If he goes to the Roosters he has a better chance of both the things you mention.

Reading between the lines, is he not saying that if he wants a chance to be in the leadership group - which is a feather in your cap for rep football - for a forward pack, he's better off at the Broncos instead of going to Sydney and being behind Boyd Cordner + JWH in that regard? Smart arse remark about lattes aside, thats how I read those comments.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:20 am

The fuckin irony. Pretty rich from a bloke who left the Bronco's to go to the Roosters.

I read that like Hodges has been pulling a Todd Carney and has a sour taste in his mouth.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:22 am

ryno_ wrote:

Reading between the lines, is he not saying that if he wants a chance to be in the leadership group - which is a feather in your cap for rep football - for a forward pack, he's better off at the Broncos instead of going to Sydney and being behind Boyd Cordner + JWH in that regard? Smart arse remark about lattes aside, thats how I read those comments.  
    More likely that Hodges just isn't very bright.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Maybe he's saying that he has less chance of making origin if he is on the bench behind starters like Cordner and Creighton (not that he's in the starting team at the moment). Maybe also behind SBW in 2020 if Hodges knows something we don't???

Million Dollar players aren't like they used to be when the cap was about $6M not that long ago, but even if the cap goes to $10M+, TPJ is not a Million Dollar Player yet. He is certainly a beast who has a the potential to be one of the games best forwards, but given he's already 23 he'd probably have to be the first Million Dollar Man who at age 23 hasn't played origin or tests for a Tier 1 nation, or for that matter secured a first grade starting spot (he played off the bench in Round 1, and only came into the starting team when Matt Lodge was suspended for a couple of weeks).
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:46 pm

No Worries wrote:The fuckin irony. Pretty rich from a bloke who left the Bronco's to go to the Roosters.

I read that like Hodges has been pulling a Todd Carney and has a sour taste in his mouth.

In fairness, it's not really comparing Apples with Apples though. Hodges left a team that had won 5 of the previous 9 premierships and was behind Lockyer, Sailor, Tuquiri, Chris Walker and Mick Devere for a starting spot in the outside backs, and fighting Brett Tate for any vacant position to go to a team that had gone over 20 years without a premiership in order to secure a starting spot. Right now it's almost exactly the other way around (sigh).
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Krump wrote:
    More likely that Hodges just isn't very bright.

Is there any real evidence of that tho.....?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:33 pm

realized i only said this in the fantasy thread but it bears repeating:

The day there are no more Sims in the NRL, I'm gunna throw a massive party, i don't think there is, was or has been another group of brothers that have repeatedly fucked one particular club over from inside and out, like the Sims have done with the Broncos
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm

they did their best at the knights too surmbro

every game without fail, a sims will drop the ball steaming onto it close to the line. If they catch they score, but they dont catch.

Without fail.
    Individual
    Individual

Post by Individual Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 am

Dead Horse

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:22 am

Just wanted to drop by and say, well played Bonzos. Well played.

Lol
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:23 am

The blame rests with list management.

We resigned an already declining Boyd to a long term contract along with Gillett who is coming back from a long term career threatening injury. Boyd should be off by the books by now, he is a liability and no longer first grade standard.

His money should of been spent to sign a decent halfback. We could of really gone after Shaun Johnson if we lost managed correctly.

Macca is slow and his service is not great. His position would be less of a liability if we had him playing 50 minutes of solid defence with with Nikorima coming off the bench to add that spark.

I think we will still comfortably make the 8 but we won't threaten the premiership with the spine we have.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:47 am

They were shocking...
    Pangai... hes fucking dreaming if he wants a million, has not been anywhere near a million dollar player after that game against the cowboys.

Dreadful, defence last night. Just dreadful. They looked like they deadset didnt want to be there. Some of the softest tries I have ever seen last night through the middle of the pack.

Spine struggling big time again. Big time. Something HAS to happen in the halves, there is no organisation what so ever. No spark from dummy half what so ever. Milford or Nikorima have to go to be bench and play a third of the game form hooker.

Dargan or Osullivan need to come in. Time to give someone else a crack.
    They seem like they haven't bought into Seibold's system yet. They might in the future but geez they are played garbage last night.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 am

In saying that, the roosters were excellent.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 am

I reckon last night's game said more about the Roosters than it did about the Broncos. They were incredible.

Having said that, it wasn't all bad. The try just before half time should have been a penalty to us every day of the week. Mitchell doesn't even look at the ball, jumps into Isaako and takes him out well before the ball comes down. One of the worst decisions of the year, and the fact the ref and touchie had a long chat before not sending it upstairs makes it worse. I only saw it quickly but also got the feeling Aubs was offside before his second try. Could be wrong though. The last try was bullshit that wont often happen again. Then we blew 2 tries simply by not catching or picking up a ball.

Still, you take all that into account and given the Roosters coasted in the second half, even if all the above didn't happen, we probably still lose by 20 instead of 30.

Now the bad:

Fuck me, the last ditch defence was actually pretty good for the most part given the lack of possession, but when you take a kick off and the Roosters have a settling set of one off the ruck hit ups and they are still able to put a bomb up from 30m out on the last, something is wrong with your defensive system and line speed.

Did they even do any ball work in the off season? They look fit, but how many times have passes missed the mark in the last month?

Kicking Game? What kicking game? So many kicks going dead was bad enough, but Milford trying to pump a clearing kick and having it go just past the half way line was embarrassing. Admittedly Milford's kicking game has improved, but since Niko is a poor man's Milf, get an organising halfback who can kick it without it coming off his shin. If we can't get that maybe try swapping around McCullough and Milf. Try something. Anything. I've been saying all along you'll never win a premiership with Niko as your starting halfback. I can see that he's trying though, so I'll give him that. Maybe he has to accept that he's not a half and try to do what Berrigan and Granville did and learn to tackle and turn himself into a permanent hooker.

McCullough is a really good tackler and organising hooker, but has no running game anymore. Like Peats, if you loose your running game you're not a top level hooker anymore.

Isaako has had the dropsies but will get better. Oates had them for about half a season a couple of years ago but once sorted has been great for us. I think Isaako can do the same but he should have to catch 1000 bombs this week at training.

I reckon Boyd is one of the most underrated players of the last decade, but right now his body doesn't seem to be as quick as his head. His ability to make the correct decision regarding throwing long or short or going himself close to the line was a skill because he had that quick step to get half a pace outside the inside defender and make the defensive line choose what to do. He doesn't have that at the moment so do some speed work. Right now without that speed the defence can just line up man on man knowing the inside defender can clean up Boyd.

We will get better. From memory it took a few weeks for Souths to look good under Siebold last season, but you can't escape the fact we're 1-3 and the only win we've had is against the Cowboys who've looked ordinary. Some promising signs. Lodge has been good. Bird and Oates have been good. Pangai is looking dangerous just needs to temper his enthusiasm and play smarter. Niko and Milf seem to be trying hard, especially Milf who is being asked to be something that doesn't come naturally for him. You get the feeling with the team we have we can be like the Penrith Panthers and be flat track bullies like against the Cowboys in the last hour, but gee we've got some improvement to be up there with the Roosters, Rabbits and Storm. Still think we'll make the 8 reasonably comfortably.

Bring on Tigers next week. We'll either play something like we have and the knives will be out at 1-4, or, as I'm predicting, we'll play like we did vs the Cows, win by 20 against a team that a few weeks later we'll see was in a poor stretch, fans will think we're back and everything is okay. Then we'll lose to the Raiders the following week in a performance similar to the Dragons game.

Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:23 am

And fuck me, tonight I have dinner with the girlfriend's family, and her sister and dad are mad Roosters supporters. That's the worst part of all of this. What are the chances of 20% of the nations entire long term Roosters supporters living in little old Gympie and being related to my new partner.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:23 am

It's gonna be a long season for this poor bastard. At least Inglis is faking injury.

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 15 0VuMeiV
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 am

Was probably positioning himself for the intercept. I get it. You did it on Easter Monday against the Doggies a decade ago and it made every NRL promotional and highlight video for 5 years, but for Christ sake make the tackle. You've got a prop running at you, they're 50% chance of not even looking left and right for support, and even if they do, probably miss the support player anyway.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:14 am

And now due to carry over TPJ gets 2 weeks with an early plea, or 3 if he fights and loses. Personally think it's a bit stiff. A grade 1 would have been more appropriate IMO. I don't know what that would have got. I don't mind if it's a grade 2 as long as they're consistent all season. It was a cheap shot.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 am