NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 68

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 68 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 68

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:19 pm

zorasdomain wrote:

That would be great, but Liddle is listed in the 17 on the team list as of today. Could change tomorrow though and I sure hope it does.

Fuck, he might even get more gametime since their season is over. Sad
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 68 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 68

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:25 pm

If I was Zora, this would be my final team:

CS9 (C)
    Fifita Taupau
    RJames Tolo Jturbo
    SJohnson Lewis
    Holland Marsters
    Teddy RTS Mbye

Cook, Farah, Arrow, Surgess

Bench: Arey, Martin, Ponga, Aitken

What does everyone else suggest?
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:29 pm

wolfking wrote:

Sorry to bump boys, especially when I have the opportunity for more than 17 men, but 50 ahead in my work comp and like Zora (not comparing at all mate) but have been run down the last month big time and my team falling to shit.  So;

Aitken - Isaako (with ARey and Arrow as backups with looping ability)

or

Farah - Holmes (if Liddle named, loop Arrow/Martin and ARey)

or

ARey - RTS/Cotric (loop Farah/Martin/Arrow whatever)

Everyone should play so 1 backup should be enough, but who knows.  I don't think it's worth having 2 backups and settling for an Isaako instead, is it?

We've seemed to have pretty similar teams for most of the year. We both jumped on Marsters early, and now dealing with ARey, Farah, Arrow, Aitken etc. Comparisons are definitely appropriate. And I don't know about yours but my team sure has sucked lately Sad

I'd probably pick Holmes or RTS out of those options. Flip a coin. Or go with your gut. It's tricky giving advice in the final week about who to trade in. Over the long term it's much easier to guess who might average more, but who knows who is going to have the best week this week.

Is there any player in the team coming 2nd in your work comp that you'd like to neutralise? If you go for someone they have that you think might go big then if they go well it won't help them as much. Also won't hurt you much if they don't score well.
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Chewie wrote:If I was Zora, this would be my final team:

CS9 (C)
    Fifita Taupau
    RJames Tolo Jturbo
    SJohnson Lewis
    Holland Marsters
    Teddy RTS Mbye

Wow, thanks Chewie! If anyone else wants to have a go I would be very grateful.
    Disclaimer: I will not take it as advice but am just interested to see what others might do in my position. So no pressure!

This is very similar to what I was thinking. Was tossing up whether to have ARey or Surgess as 18th man as they are the only 2 players I can preview. Don't trust either of them but every single time I've put Surgess in my 17 he's scored like an arse and I've regretted it.
    I have had 5 different captains so far in the last 2 days. Too hard to get it right.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    NRL.com have an article talking about the finish to the fantasy season

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/29/race-for-prizes-goes-down-to-the-wire-in-nrl-fantasy/

Ah cool.. thanks Milchy
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 pm

zorasdomain wrote:

Disclaimer: I will not take it as advice but am just interested to see what others might do in my position. So no pressure!

This is very similar to what I was thinking. Was tossing up whether to have ARey or Surgess as 18th man as they are the only 2 players I can preview. Don't trust either of them but every single time I've put Surgess in my 17 he's scored like an arse and I've regretted it.
    I have had 5 different captains so far in the last 2 days. Too hard to get it right.

I don't expect you to take my advise as my rank is... well Embarassed below par
    but maybe someone else has some ideas you haven't considered which could be helpful
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:51 pm

zorasdomain wrote:

CS9 (C)
    Fifita Taupau
    RJames Tolo Jturbo
    SJohnson Lewis
    Holland Marsters
    Teddy RTS Mbye

I like AReyn for a big score tomorrow night.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:54 pm

we just need the Broncos to dominate the Sea-eagles, so DCE and Ttrbo don't get any significant attacking stats. I usually don't want to Broncos to win, but this week it's a different story
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:55 pm

SI wrote:

I would really like this to happen. Would you put Surgess or Arey in bench spot 5 for a sneaky preview?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 pm

zorasdomain wrote:

We've seemed to have pretty similar teams for most of the year. We both jumped on Marsters early, and now dealing with ARey, Farah, Arrow, Aitken etc. Comparisons are definitely appropriate. And I don't know about yours but my team sure has sucked lately Sad

I'd probably pick Holmes or RTS out of those options. Flip a coin. Or go with your gut. It's tricky giving advice in the final week about who to trade in. Over the long term it's much easier to guess who might average more, but who knows who is going to have the best week this week.

Is there any player in the team coming 2nd in your work comp that you'd like to neutralise? If you go for someone they have that you think might go big then if they go well it won't help them as much. Also won't hurt you much if they don't score well.

Brimson is the other back I could get, or Hayne.  I think I like RTS or Holmes more though.  Thanks Zora, for the stressful position you are in you are a champ to offer advice.  Trading out a Farah or ARey surely will help them fo big for you mate.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 pm

zorasdomain wrote:
    SI wrote:

I would really like this to happen. Would you put Surgess or Arey in bench spot 5 for a sneaky preview?

AReyn personally, I think unless Surgess gets a meaty he will lose some points scoring time through stoppages as the Rabbits will put 40 on us. AReyn should get a shit tonne of attacking stats and goals if that script goes to how I see it.

Go with ya gut Zora.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 pm

CS9 (C)
    Fifita Taupau
    RJames Tolo Jturbo
    SJohnson Lewis
    Holland Marsters
    Teddy RTS Mbye

Loop ARey and Arrow.  Its a toss up with ARey, Martin, Arrow and Surgess though.  I think Lewis is a good shout to play, although he may struggle against the Sharks.

Im really think Smith as Cappo too myself.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:03 pm

SI wrote:

AReyn personally, I think unless Surgess gets a meaty he will lose some points scoring time through stoppages as the Rabbits will put 40 on us.  AReyn should get a shit tonne of attacking stats and goals if that script goes to how I see it.

Go with ya gut Zora.

I dont see us winning by 40 mate.  Tigers should still put in a solid performance.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:09 pm

DON'T take my advice, but I'd be playing ARey ahead of Lewis and probably looping Surgess with Martin. Just think ARey (and Surgess) have the bigger possibility for the sort of 80+ score that could help you make back the ground.

Different level, but my motivation is to make up 50 points to get to 3rd in the cash league, and I'm thinking about going balls out and captaining Teddy. Looked sharp as hell last week, 70+ with no try, and is against the Eels. Always a gamble with a WFB but needs must
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Chewie wrote:we just need the Broncos to dominate the Sea-eagles, so DCE and Ttrbo don't get any significant attacking stats. I usually don't want to Broncos to win, but this week it's a different story

I need this too.  I hate the Broncs but want to see them win by 50!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:29 pm

I get to play Turpin for the final round ! Thats about the extent of my highlights... plus Lomax in Sportsdeck comp. Lol small wins.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:22 am

Can someone put my team together this week! 
    Cook
    Fifi Taupau
    Jurbo Chricton Tolo
    DCE SJ
    Ramien Mitchell
    Turbo Holmes JAC

CS9 McInnis Croft NPR
    Arrow Martin Cotric Clifford

Went Kikau to Crofty but if you guys have anyone else in mind that would benefit for 617K or under. Up against VK in the L8 GF
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:00 am

CS9 is also on track to sign on for another year and become the first ever 400 gamer
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:43 am

zorasdomain wrote:

Im with a couple of the other posters mate. ARey is a big POD for you and could go 70+. It might feel a bit shitty to have your season in part resting on him tonight but I do think its your best shot - I would have him starting! Agree also that Surgess is another guy who could with high probability help you make up ground, I'd be playing him too. Also, you seemed to be omitting Farah from the guys you can preview... I would be previewing him mate!

So this is how I'd line up (assuming of course you dont have a trade left - dont expect you to say here but if you had a trade I'd be grabbing a WFB to loop with Mbye)

Cook
    Fifita Taupau
    RJames Tolo (C) Jturbo
    SJohnson Arey
    Holland Marsters
    Teddy RTS Mbye

CS9, Surgess, Arrow, Aitken

Bench: Farah, Lewis, Martin, Ponga

I think the following set up gives you some good flexibility too. If Farah goes rubbish you then can make a call on Martin.Lewis which is good because you'd think Martin is a chance of sitting this week still.

Tolo as C because you need to make up ground! Although CS9 could be a good option too! You'd assume 1st will go Cook.

The only other really outrageous thing you could do is loop Cook. As per above, 1st probably puts the C on cook. If cook had a shocker (i.e. injured in first 10 min) you would effectively make up the gap in one hit. Risky, but its an option!

Good luck bro, everyone rooting for you and Verbal mate, one of you guys deserves to win it!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:17 am

Chewie wrote:we just need the Broncos to dominate the Sea-eagles, so DCE and Ttrbo don't get any significant attacking stats. I usually don't want to Broncos to win, but this week it's a different story
    Going to be a strange feeling cheering for the Broncos and and sticking pins in voodoo dolls of players in my own team.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:24 pm