NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Based on the headlines I figured it had been announced
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:35 pm

This article seems to concur

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/storm/billy-slater-to-retire-at-the-end-of-the-season/news-story/ee126f7a3d1f4d420b23baf32de126e4
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 pm

I'm fuckin cheering because I backed him for Dally M at the start of the season, if it's voted on by the same peanuts as State of Origin it's my shout.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm

No Worries wrote:I'm fuckin cheering because I backed him for Dally M at the start of the season, if it's voted on by the same peanuts as State of Origin it's my shout.

I was going to joke that the announcement is that Slater had won the Dally M. Great minds!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

I was going to joke that the announcement is that Slater had won the Dally M. Great minds!

No way Slater gets it, Ruan Sims has been giving all Melbourne's points to Cronk.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm

They also post some drivel on Reddit as well like:
    female nrl coach just a matter of time

Simply put no professional male rugby league player is going to respect what a female coach is going to tell them. Plus will a female be able to handle all the abuse she's going to get from fans face to face or on social media & on facebook. For example I read some pretty out there comments about Pay really putting the boot in & just being very nasty. I think this would be too much for a female to handle.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Get on !!

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 65 - Page 13 8z6QGLf
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Did anyone watch Queenslanders last night. Hanna Hollis is beautiful.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:10 pm

White Lightning wrote:They also post some drivel on Reddit as well like:

Simply put no professional male rugby league player is going to respect what a female coach is going to tell them. Plus will a female be able to handle all the abuse she's going to get from fans face to face or on social media & on facebook. For example I read some pretty out there comments about Pay really putting the boot in & just being very nasty. I think this would be too much for a female to handle.

Depends on the person, really. I know plenty of tough women who could handle that as well as anyone. Just like there are plenty of men who couldn't. But I do agree that the bigger problem would rest with the players' attitudes toward her. The biggest hurdles with a female coach would actually lay with all the intolerant men rather than anything to do with the woman herself, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Those reports about a Femcoach were from Trent Robinson originally. Either he is just trying to pander for women in league round, or he is clueless.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Slater was something like 12 points behind Cam Smith when Dally M voting went secret.
    (With heaps of other quality players in between)

He'll need to get a lot of MOTM votes in the 2nd half of the season to actually win it.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:29 pm

You know there are female coaches in other sports, right? Netball springs to mind and Yvonne Willering specifically copped a tonne of abuse when she was coach of the Silver Ferns and I heard some of that abuse first hand. Met her once and she was lovely, even complimented the way I played (read: I was aggressive as shit haha)
    I know they aren't as prominent but trust me they still cop a lot of shit face-to-face as well as on social media

Do you honestly think a NYC team wouldn't listen to a Ruan Sims, a Honey Hirime? People who have been there, done that, won big games regardless of their gender and have a wealth of experience to share and the will to do it.

I don't think its the players who would oppose it, I think the club as an entity would not give them the opportunity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see a female NRL coach anytime in the future but it's because the womens league is only just starting and doesn't have the stature in the game, these names aren't necessarily household names... but to say a professional rugby league player wouldn't want to listen to someone just because of their gender? I think most players would find that pretty insulting.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Have a look at some of the results in the players poll Filth. A hell of a lot of these guys aren't very bright and Pookus got it spot on I think.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Slater was something like 12 points behind Cam Smith when Dally M voting went secret.

He'll need to get a lot of MOTM votes in the 2nd half of the season to actually win it.
    Sounds eerily similar to the how the origin voting played out.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Krump wrote:Have a look at some of the results in the players poll Filth. A hell of a lot of these guys aren't very bright and Pookus got it spot on I think.

Agree, I think Pookus is onto it.
    I don't see it happening anytime soon..

Trying to think if I had any female coaches but only when I was a little-un, I think.
    My boxing instructor was female now that I think about it, she was great. Competed in the Commonwealth games, knew her shit and knew how to motivate people.

We did actually have a male coach in cricket one of my last years in high school - None of us listened to him and several of us told him to his face that we didn't need or want him around. Must've been tough for him but at least he didn't blab to our head-of-sports, he just stopped turning up to practices and games half way through the season Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Like Hayne's 5 games that one him the award
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 pm

filthridden wrote:

Agree, I think Pookus is onto it.
    I don't see it happening anytime soon..

Trying to think if I had any female coaches but only when I was a little-un, I think.
    My boxing instructor was female now that I think about it, she was great. Competed in the Commonwealth games, knew her shit and knew how to motivate people.

We did actually have a male coach in cricket one of my last years in high school - None of us listened to him and several of us told him to his face that we didn't need or want him around. Must've been tough for him but at least he didn't blab to our head-of-sports, he just stopped turning up to practices and games half way through the season Laughing
    Wasn't Jason Taylor was it?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Krump wrote:
    Wasn't Jason Taylor was it?

fuck he actually did look a little like him Laughing
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm

These are some pretty extraordinary comments, females are not as mentally tough as men - is that what you meant to say though mate?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

These are some pretty extraordinary comments, females are not as mentally tough as men - is that what you meant to say though mate?

I don't believe they are WL's comments.

He's just cut and paste someone else's comments from reddit as an example of other people's drivel
    GoodShekky

Post by GoodShekky Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Any News on Fainu court appearance? was meant to be yesterday... surely with manly not being in contention, korro just gets the rest of the year off to recover properly? thoughts? i want to bring fainu in.. hoping they were smart enough to adjourn, to let him play out the year. or am i dreaming?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:13 pm