NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 59

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 59 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 59

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:10 am

Any injuries from last night to be aware of?

Also, I'm interested, did the English fans at the semi this morning give their team a standing ovation despite losing? I feel like this England team deserved it so I hope they did.

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 59 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 59

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Any injuries from last night to be aware of?

Also, I'm interested, did the English fans at the semi this morning give their team a standing ovation despite losing? I feel like this England team deserved it so I hope they did.

Why would they deserve it!? They have one of the largest professional player pools to choose from, they get hyped up to fuck and back by all the media, had one of the easiest ever routes to the final and blew it, some of their players are worth on the transfer marker at upwards of 100 million and the football they play is absolute dross and boring

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Any injuries from last night to be aware of?

It was hard to tell - the cameras focused on the happy Croat fans and sad English players. Not many shots of English crowd fans, but I don't think there were all that many there in comparison.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:54 am

Welshy wrote:
    Why would they deserve it!? They have one of the largest professional player pools to choose from, they get hyped up to fuck and back by all the media, had one of the easiest ever routes to the final and blew it, some of their players are worth on the transfer marker at upwards of 100 million and the football they play is absolute dross and boring

Did Wales qualify? Welsh
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 am

Welshy wrote:

From my perspective. i.e. a sports fan but not a football fan per se, I thought the English team not only over achieved this world cup, but did so with a smile on their face playing football which was enjoyable to watch - in contrast to the dour shit they have put on since I've watched world cups from the 80s till now.

As for being hyped, I actually thought prior to the world cup this year they were no being hyped at all? I thought the hype was in previous world cups and that this team was a young team, new manager, and a manger that had explicitly said this team was not ready to win this world cup but was looking toward 2022. Thats not my opinion, thats what was being reported back here prior to the cup.

My personal opinion is that I enjoyed watching England play this year and had it not been for a sizeable bet that I placed mid during the group stage on a France Croatia final, I probably would have been cheering for them today!

As an aside, from what I hear on the radio in NZ, the majority over here have been cheering for England too! Despite most disliking England typically when it comes to football and sports.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

It was hard to tell - the cameras focused on the happy Croat fans and sad English players. Not many shots of English crowd fans, but I don't think there were all that many there in comparison.

Fair enough! Im just hoping the fans supported their team despite losing. IMO they overachieved this world cup. It would be nice that in defeat the fans still stood by their team!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am

I have not seen any crowd trouble, fighting or even trouble outside the stadiums at the world cup. I suppose not one wants to mess with the KGB style Russian police & doesn't want to disappear into a Siberian prison for 10 years.

#therussianpolicewillfuckyouup
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 am

Thoughts on Cotric at Fullback? I've seen some chat about this having a negative impact on his scores.

Typically FB's avg more than WFB so what's different about Cotric's situation? He should get his hands on the ball a bit more, getting more tackle busts and run metres. May still grab the odd meat pie too.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am

awanamafia wrote:Thoughts on Cotric at Fullback? I've seen some chat about this having a negative impact on his scores.

Typically FB's avg more than WFB so what's different about Cotric's situation? He should get his hands on the ball a bit more, getting more tackle busts and run metres. May still grab the odd meat pie too.

All signs point to Cotric doing very well at f/b but he does score the bulk of his points when he runs from dummy half & picks up 2-3 tb's. Being at f/b he won't be doing that so much so maybe he gets more kick return running metres & less tb's.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 am

awanamafia wrote:Thoughts on Cotric at Fullback? I've seen some chat about this having a negative impact on his scores.

I think its more of a don't fix what aint broke type mentality!

I personally think he will go better at FB.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 am

Welshy wrote:

FWIW I just watched this quick clip which basically sums up what I was saying:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/football/dreams-were-shattered-inside-london-pub-minutes-after-england-s-world-cup-dream-ends?auto=5808169289001

and also says the fans gave them a standing ovation too which is good to see!

EDIT:  this too

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/105423839/english-media-stand-by-their-boys-despite-semifinal-exit

Also, this is pretty cool!

"England fans in Hyde Park waste about $10,000 in beer on team’s first goal against Croatia"

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 am

It's the English media rather than the fans, that turns on the team after a loss.
    Expectations were low going in, it's only after a few games where hopes started getting raised. I'd think most will be happy enough with the performance
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 am

Milchcow wrote:
    It's the English media rather than the fans, that turns on the team after a loss.
    Expectations were low going in, it's only after a few games where hopes started getting raised. I'd think most will be happy enough with the performance

Yeah, I agree, although the article I posted above suggests even the media is standing by them this time.

Im not sure where Welshy's views are coming from - a bit emotional maybe? Sorry mate I m just prodding Wink
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 am

Some over-the-top anti-English comments this morning Shocked

It's not like we've been caught cheating at cricket or getting into brawls at basketball matches Welsh
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

[quote="Ozymandias"]Some over-the-top anti-English comments this morning Shocked

It's not like we've been caught cheating at cricket or getting into brawls at basketball matches Welsh [/quote

Or bowling underarm at the MCG in 1981. Very Happy
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 am

Hey lads, been MIA a while. My work league pretty much tunes out over origin period so I usually forget to check my team. How about game 3 though! NSW fan here but good to see QLD fire up and finish strong.

Couple of pages back, someone asked which guns you think you missed out the most. Personally, Taupau and Teddy have been the hardest one to refuse. I've struggled with my back line all season, but cash cows pop up or one of my "guns" flop. Still stoked I've made it sub 1300 without either of them Smile

Anyway, Ponga dilemma is on everyone's mind and I'm somewhat in a pickle too. Can I get some advice?

Smith
    Fifita James
    Taumalolo Crichton Brown
    SJ ARey
    Aitken Mitchell
    Ponga* Isaako Guth

McInnes Cook Arrow Martin
    Farah Wright Lewis Nuffie

I've got 5 trades. I want to upgrade Isaako but I'm worried about playing Wright for Ponga.. Do I hold Isaako as Ponga cover and trade one of my bench to square away my backs?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:41 am

Sorry guys, just to ask again, any injuries from last night?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Sorry guys, just to ask again, any injuries from last night?

Munster dislocated finger. Maybe 4-6 weeks
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Hey lads, been MIA a while. My work league pretty much tunes out over origin period so I usually forget to check my team. How about game 3 though! NSW fan here but good to see QLD fire up and finish strong.

Couple of pages back, someone asked which guns you think you missed out the most. Personally, Taupau and Teddy have been the hardest one to refuse. I've struggled with my back line all season, but cash cows pop up or one of my "guns" flop. Still stoked I've made it sub 1300 without either of them Smile

Anyway, Ponga dilemma is on everyone's mind and I'm somewhat in a pickle too. Can I get some advice?

Smith
    Fifita James
    Taumalolo Crichton Brown
    SJ ARey
    Aitken Mitchell
    Ponga* Isaako Guth

McInnes Cook Arrow Martin
    Farah Wright Lewis Nuffie

I've got 5 trades. I want to upgrade Isaako but I'm worried about playing Wright for Ponga.. Do I hold Isaako as Ponga cover and trade one of my bench to square away my backs?

You have to play Farah in your 17 so I would sell Fifita/Crichton & buy a gun wfb. I would hold Isaako.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Sorry guys, just to ask again, any injuries from last night?

From a few pages back, CMunster has a dislocated/maybe broken finger:
    https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status/1017016665794629633?s=19

And LMitchell should get to warm a seat for a few weeks, depending on shoulder-charge charges.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 am