NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 57

danseels1985
    danseels1985

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 57 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 57

Post by danseels1985 Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:13 pm

BUMP(anyone care to comment)

This is a stupid idea(I think) but I was thinking of the following trades if Sua is out this week

Harris to Aitken
    Sua to SJ
    Ponga to James

Leaves me with this team and 4 trades/38k remaining

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Taumalolo Jurbo James
    DCE SJ
    Mitchell Aitken
    Tedesco Mbye Isaako

Smith
    McInnes
    Brown
    ARey

Martin
    Hetherington
    Fainu
    Brimson

Thoughts?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 57 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 57

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Lone Scout's article on nrl.com indicating Tohu Harris out for at least a month. If that's the case I'll be selling him.

Can easily cover 2RF injuries so will bring in SJ or RTS for him and strengthen other positions

Well that's that then. Probably need to look at WFB. RTS doesn't fill me with confidence though. Suppose Cotric the only other option.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Possible trades for me
    Harris -> SJ
    Ponga - RTS

Then next week Tuala - Latrell

gives me final team of

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Surgess Lolo Jtrbo
    DCE SJ
    Mitchell AItken
    Teddy TTrbo RTS

Smith
    Farah
    Martin
    Gallen

JFH
    Cleary
    Hiku
    Katoa

Acceptable depth in every position, so will be able to handle short term injuries. Too many injuries and I'm stuffed, but that goes for pretty much everyone.
    No loophole opportunity,so possible will turn Katoa into an NPR
    If there is a cheap dragons player named this week who will disappear after the bye then they will be considered.

Not too concerned about losing Tohu. Will probably be annoyed if Ponga comes back early and continues to kill it so that's the biggest problem this week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 pm

danseels1985 wrote:BUMP(anyone care to comment)

This is a stupid idea(I think) but I was thinking of the following trades if Sua is out this week

Harris to Aitken
    Sua to SJ
    Ponga to James

Leaves me with this team and 4 trades/38k remaining

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Taumalolo Jurbo James
    DCE SJ
    Mitchell Aitken
    Tedesco Mbye Isaako

Smith
    McInnes
    Brown
    ARey

Martin
    Hetherington
    Fainu
    Brimson

Thoughts?

Looks OK to me. I'd be looking to upgrade Isaako next week but otherwise you've got a good final 17.

4 trades is probably enough that you can bring Ponga back in if you have to, as you don't need to spend them majorly in other areas so should be good to sit tight
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Possible trades for me
    Harris -> SJ
    Ponga - RTS

Then next week Tuala - Latrell

gives me final team of

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Surgess Lolo Jtrbo
    DCE SJ
    Mitchell AItken
    Teddy TTrbo RTS

Smith
    Farah
    Martin
    Gallen

JFH
    Cleary
    Hiku
    Katoa

Acceptable depth in every position, so will be able to handle short term injuries. Too many injuries and I'm stuffed, but that goes for pretty much everyone.
    No loophole opportunity,so possible will turn Katoa into an NPR
    If there is a cheap dragons player named this week who will disappear after the bye then they will be considered.

Not too concerned about losing Tohu. Will probably be annoyed if Ponga comes back early and continues to kill it so that's the biggest problem this week.

Really great team. How many trades will you be left with? 

I am thinking now just holding JFH as a backup also, the DPP is very handy. 

Not sold on selling Ponga but could be a masterstroke for those that do.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks @Milchcow

Just a bit apprehensive to sell Ponga that’s all. Would it be better to be conservative and bring in Aitken and SJ for Harris and Sua leaving me with 140k bank and keeping Ponga?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:41 pm

wolfking wrote:

Really great team. How many trades will you be left with? 

If I trade Katoa to an NPR for loop purposes, 0.  

Embarassed

I am thinking now just holding JFH as a backup also, the DPP is very handy. 

Not sold on selling Ponga but could be a masterstroke for those that do.

I was going to sell JFH after this week, but if I ditch Harris then I'll have to keep him - he'll only be 18th man, and I think his scores are acceptable for that.

Will Ponga be Nathan Brown and forever a week away, or will he be McCullough and come back from a 4 week injury after 1 week out?

If I had 8 trades or more (and a final team that is effectively complete) I'd definitely move him on.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:46 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Thanks @Milchcow

Just a bit apprehensive to sell Ponga that’s all. Would it be better to be conservative and bring in Aitken and SJ for Harris and Sua leaving me with 140k bank and keeping Ponga?

If you make the trades you have suggested, you can then either

Turn Brimson and Isaako into almost any WFB (maybe even Brimson to L Lewis this week, and upgrade Isaako after the bye)

That gives you only 2 trades for the run home, but your 17 is good enough that you'd only need to trade for injury, maybe a luxury sideways trade if someone hits a patch of form and you want to bring them in) Or you might use 1 to bring Ponga back in if he returns OK.

Depends how much of a risk taker you are.

Any answer anyone gives on Ponga this week will be based on guess work on how long he'll miss and what he'll score like when he returns. Its the classic 'go with your gut' decision that half of us are going to end up regretting.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If I trade Katoa to an NPR for loop purposes, 0.  

Embarassed

I was going to sell JFH after this week, but if I ditch Harris then I'll have to keep him - he'll only be 18th man, and I think his scores are acceptable for that.

Will Ponga be Nathan Brown and forever a week away, or will he be McCullough and come back from a 4 week injury after 1 week out?

If I had 8 trades or more (and a final team that is effectively complete) I'd definitely move him on.

Oh wow haha. Maybe keep that trade mate.

I am thinking about it. I have Griffin too so trading Coggar, Harris, Griffin and Olive, makes sense for me to hold Ponga.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:02 pm

My first thoughts this week are Ponga > Lewis and Harris > James leaving me with 6 trades and 376k

Smith
    Fifita James
    Arrow Taumalolo Taupau
    SJ Reynolds
    Cotric Mitchell
    Tedesco RTS Gutherson

McInness Tapine Martin TPJ

Isaako Lewis Doueihi Katoa

Next round I'll be using my bank to bring in Cook and possibly Farah and leaving me 4 trades for the run home.

Hopefully will be able to climb a few ranks this week as well. Currently ranked 67 and will have the following playing:

Smith
    James
    Martin Tapine TPJ
    SJ Lewis
    Cotric
    RTS Isaako
    McInnes

Solid enough plan...right?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Fraser wrote:My first thoughts this week are Ponga > Lewis and Harris > James leaving me with 6 trades and 376k

Smith
    Fifita James
    Arrow Taumalolo Taupau
    SJ Reynolds
    Cotric Mitchell
    Tedesco RTS Gutherson

McInness Tapine Martin TPJ

Isaako Lewis Doueihi Katoa

Next round I'll be using my bank to bring in Cook and possibly Farah and leaving me 4 trades for the run home.

Hopefully will be able to climb a few ranks this week as well. Currently ranked 67 and will have the following playing:

Smith
    James
    Martin Tapine TPJ
    SJ Lewis
    Cotric
    RTS Isaako
    McInnes

Solid enough plan...right?

Isn't it likely that Cordner won't suit up for NSW so that pulls James onto the bench??
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm

If thats the case, then i obviously wont bring james in.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks Milch,yeah maybe I will bring in Lewis for Brimson. How about if I went Ponga to RTS instead of James. That would leave me with 323k to turn Isaako into Taupau next week if I wanted?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Rabbit wrote:I read the posts. No one with a clue was bringing in any Tigers player before R17. Not when the likes of Harris were around. I’m calling BS. Downvote away snowflakes Laughing Laughing cheer lol!

So I do believe your counter will be "I said anyone with a clue", but I bought in Farah last week, both here and VSDT.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Fraser wrote:If thats the case, then i obviously wont bring james in.

I think there is an article with Cordner saying he should be okay.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Yeah, surely Cordner would be doing everything possible to play.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:27 pm

The broncos have Macca and Mcguire playing origin, and todd murphy and jake turpin both injured (the 'backup hookers' in our squad). Hopefully bennett isn't silly enough to play Thaiday there again.. Staggs may get a gig even though I don't think he has ever played hooker before.. just seems like a guy who could do it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Rabbit is the homophobic racist around here, but I thought his latest posts were OK.

I've been away on business so catching up on about 5 days worth of posts. Im just a bit over it to be honest.

Working through the thread and not sure if this has been answered yet but we try to moderate this forum as lightly as possible to keep it relaxed.  There are occasions where we step in, generally via PM, and for the most part when this happens it is discussed in the Mod thread but not in the main forum.  On the odd occasion, that PM goes along with deleting the offending post.  

This forum I believe tends to both attract and keep posters who are of relatively similar personalities, and that is why it works so well.  To put all this in perspective, we have had 1 reported post all of this year.  I don't think there would be too many forums or pages of any kind anywhere that could say that.  

We know the boundaries can be pushed sometimes, but allowing that within reason works better then trying to set the boundaries to be too restrictive in the first place.

Hit up one of the Mods you are comfortable with by PM mate if you think there is something that needs to be sorted.  We do discuss things between each other and on the Mods thread to keep things running smoothly.

EDIT: Filth said this in a third of the words a few posts further on.

Last edited by SI on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Harris to SJ
    Ponga to RTS
    Sua to Aitken
    Brimson to Lewis

Leaves 3 trades and 453k bank so can therefore go Isaako to Taupau and Martin to Farah leaving me with this team

Cook
    Fifita Taupau
    Taumalolo Jurbo Brown
    SJ DCE
    Mitchell Aitken
    Tedesco RTS Mbye

Smith
    McInnes
    Arrow
    ARey

Farah
    Hetherington
    Lewis
    Fainu

Is leaving myself with 1 trade too risky though?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Where is the 'delete team' button ?

Fuck this.

Coffee

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:45 pm