NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Fortitude
    Fortitude

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by Fortitude Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:38 pm

We get 4 trades next week?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:39 pm

Fortitude wrote:We get 4 trades next week?

Sure do, just like the last bye round
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Fitz > SJ
    Fonua > Holland leaves me with

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Lolo, Harris, Surgess
    SJ, DCE
    Aitken, Holland
    Ponga, Teddy, Walker

Smith, McInnes, Kikau, Martin
    Cleary, WGraham, Tuala, Brimson

7 trades and 40k remaining.
    Is there any point having a guy like Cleary on the bench??

Having a similar decision to make myself. 1 of either arey, farah or martin will be in my emg if i go as i am currently thinking
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:Speaking of Dugan, I've done my left Achilles out of nowhere Lol

Decent strain but nothing RICER won't sort out.  I've been training for 6 weeks solid to get my bikini bod back but same regime every week so maybe just overuse.  I am the original glassman  Embarassed

I now believe the 6 kgs I have dropped will be back on by the end of this Round!  
    Unlucky mate! Just keep off the carbs in the rehab and you will be fine!

I snapped my ankle this time last year training the kids, refused the hard cast because i was going on sons footy tour, in the moon boot for 12 weeks but worse decision I ever made because its still fucked now, weak as guts it is! my fault though!

Yeah, I remember that. I broke my right ankle in 2012 and got the moon boot for 4 weeks after 4 weeks of the cast, you are tougher than me but I think we already knew that lol!

In regards the carbs, since I got home I have thrown back a large pack of salt and vinegar, a full block of Cadbury Snack bar one line, and 2 double caramel Magnum's! Just wallowing in self pity, hopefully the Doc gives me some of the good stuff tomorrow Very Happy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:48 pm

SI wrote:

Yeah, I remember that.  I broke my right ankle in 2012 and got the moon boot for 4 weeks after 4 weeks of the cast, you are tougher than me but I think we already knew that lol!

In regards the carbs, since I got home I have thrown back a large pack of salt and vinegar, a full block of Cadbury Snack bar one line, and 2 double caramel Magnum's!  Just wallowing in self pity, hopefully the Doc gives me some of the good stuff tomorrow Very Happy
    Boot is shit, plus because you can physically take it off for bed, when it gets annoying etc you do and there inlies the problem! but like i said all self inflicted because I refused the hard cast thrice  Embarassed

You will be fine fella!

If you want a wallow mate, get the ginners out and you get carb free enjoyment then and also a painkiller! Boosh!!!

I've got my stag in 3 weeks so dieting...sort of...just cut out crisps, pop, chips, white bread....been moaning to my missis because I've plataued.....but I'm not eating many carbs I moaned! As i reached into the fridge to get my cans of lager out, then realised I've been mid week drinking every day since the world cup started  Laugh 3

Going to have to move onto the ginners but mid week ginners is dangerous  Laugh 3
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:49 pm

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:Speaking of Dugan, I've done my left Achilles out of nowhere Lol

Decent strain but nothing RICER won't sort out.  I've been training for 6 weeks solid to get my bikini bod back but same regime every week so maybe just overuse.  I am the original glassman  Embarassed

I now believe the 6 kgs I have dropped will be back on by the end of this Round!  

That sucks mate, must be painful.  Seems like you have the right attitude, be heavy on the ice and you'll be back in no time.

It's definitely hard keeping the kg's off mate with an injury and you're totally laid up mate, just be mindful on what you eat and you'll be fine bro.

Cheers Wolfie, I've binged tonight but my frame of mind is good-I've been killing it for 6 weeks both food and exercise wise so I'm taking it as a week or two I was due to rest anyway.

The frustrating thing is I've dropped the 5 or 6 kilos and it happens now, as opposed to when I was lugging that extra around doing the same exercise. So yeah, short of the Doc finding something else I'm putting it down to overuse. I normally do 4 weeks exercise then have 1 full week off so lesson learned. I am forty fucking four now too so gotta start expecting the random niggle.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yeah, I remember that.  I broke my right ankle in 2012 and got the moon boot for 4 weeks after 4 weeks of the cast, you are tougher than me but I think we already knew that lol!

In regards the carbs, since I got home I have thrown back a large pack of salt and vinegar, a full block of Cadbury Snack bar one line, and 2 double caramel Magnum's!  Just wallowing in self pity, hopefully the Doc gives me some of the good stuff tomorrow Very Happy
    Boot is shit, plus because you can physically take it off for bed, when it gets annoying etc you do and there inlies the problem! but like i said all self inflicted because I refused the hard cast thrice  Embarassed

You will be fine fella!

If you want a wallow mate, get the ginners out and you get carb free enjoyment then and also a painkiller! Boosh!!!

I've got my stag in 3 weeks so dieting...sort of...just cut out crisps, pop, chips, white bread....been moaning to my missis because I've plataued.....but I'm not eating many carbs I moaned! As i reached into the fridge to get my cans of lager out, then realised I've been mid week drinking every day since the world cup started  Laugh 3

Going to have to move onto the ginners but mid week ginners is dangerous  Laugh 3

Funny you say that as I am actually thinking ahead alreadyin regards the piss, haha. I only really drink on the weekends now and that has been the case since I hit 37 or 38 when I couldn't get out of bed anymore for work after mid week tins. So figuring I wont buy any beers at all this weekend and just stick to the spirits.

Yeah, moon boots are fucking horrible. I thought I'd be glad to get into it after the cast but the only good thing is you can scratch the itches, apart from that they are just a deadset nuisance!

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:00 pm

SI wrote:

Cheers Wolfie, I've binged tonight but my frame of mind is good-I've been killing it for 6 weeks both food and exercise wise so I'm taking it as a week or two I was due to rest anyway.

The frustrating thing is I've dropped the 5 or 6 kilos and it happens now, as opposed to when I was lugging that extra around doing the same exercise.  So yeah, short of the Doc finding something else I'm putting it down to overuse.  I normally do 4 weeks exercise then have 1 full week off so lesson learned.  I am forty fucking four now too so gotta start expecting the random niggle.

That's the annoying thing with injuries, they can happen with any sort of movement or exercise and usually very inconspicuous and normally something you do over and over again. Try not to think about how I guess, you can't go back, just keep focusing forward mate and get back into it.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Also, I did something similar to you when I was in my teens Welshy. I had a shoulder recon after recurrent dislocations playing footy (I mentioned I was the OG Glassman didn't I!).

When I was 16 I had to go live with a mate for a couple of weeks in Townsville for rehab as my town didn't have a physio. This is back in the days where you could cash a Cash Cheque anywhere. My folks gave me the Physio cheque written out for cash and we went and cashed it at the Hermit Park Hotel across the road and bought a carton of durries and 3 or 4 bottlers of Beam and Comfort Very Happy

As a result my left arm is a bit fucked now as I never got as much function as I should have back. But it was one of the best fortnights of my life cheer

I flew across to my folks in Queensland this Christmas and at the age of 44 this story finally came out after some Christmas cheer to them while we were all talking about the old days. They thought it was hilarious, but I would have been grounded for 6 months if they had have known back then.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 pm

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:

The frustrating thing is I've dropped the 5 or 6 kilos and it happens now, as opposed to when I was lugging that extra around doing the same exercise.  So yeah, short of the Doc finding something else I'm putting it down to overuse.  I normally do 4 weeks exercise then have 1 full week off so lesson learned.  I am forty fucking four now too so gotta start expecting the random niggle.

That's the annoying thing with injuries, they can happen with any sort of movement or exercise and usually very inconspicuous and normally something you do over and over again.  Try not to think about how I guess, you can't go back, just keep focusing forward mate and get back into it.

Once it's all good I'll go back to 4 weeks on and 1 week rest.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Was thinking of bringing in James/SJ in for Fitzgibbon as my second trade.

But then I'm forced to leave at least one keeper out of the team each week.
    So I guess it's a waste of a trade in the end.

Only 9 trades going into this week mate.

I'd do it. I think a 'keeper-worthy' 18th man is what we are all wanting at the end of the day - the hard part is deciding who to leave out
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:No thoughts??
    That's me. Smile
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 pm

SI wrote:Also, I did something similar to you when I was in my teens Welshy.  I had a shoulder recon after recurrent dislocations playing footy (I mentioned I was the OG Glassman didn't I!).

When I was 16 I had to go live with a mate for a couple of weeks in Townsville for rehab as my town didn't have a physio.  This is back in the days where you could cash a Cash Cheque anywhere.  My folks gave me the Physio cheque written out for cash and we went and cashed it at the Hermit Park Hotel across the road and bought a carton of durries and 3 or 4 bottlers of Beam and Comfort  Very Happy

As a result my left arm is a bit fucked now as I never got as much function as I should have back.  But it was one of the best fortnights of my life  cheer

I flew across to my folks in Queensland this Christmas and at the age of 44 this story finally came out after some Christmas cheer to them while we were all talking about the old days.  They thought it was hilarious, but I would have been grounded for 6 months if they had have known back then.

Fuck's sake you're a gumby bro
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:23 pm

SI wrote:Also, I did something similar to you when I was in my teens Welshy.  I had a shoulder recon after recurrent dislocations playing footy (I mentioned I was the OG Glassman didn't I!).

When I was 16 I had to go live with a mate for a couple of weeks in Townsville for rehab as my town didn't have a physio.  This is back in the days where you could cash a Cash Cheque anywhere.  My folks gave me the Physio cheque written out for cash and we went and cashed it at the Hermit Park Hotel across the road and bought a carton of durries and 3 or 4 bottlers of Beam and Comfort  Very Happy

As a result my left arm is a bit fucked now as I never got as much function as I should have back.  But it was one of the best fortnights of my life  cheer

I flew across to my folks in Queensland this Christmas and at the age of 44 this story finally came out after some Christmas cheer to them while we were all talking about the old days.  They thought it was hilarious, but I would have been grounded for 6 months if they had have known back then.
    Mate that is awesome!!  Laughing
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 pm

@ SI. That must be very painful mate. You're still a young fella at 44 mate because you're still out there going hard. Take it easy, rest & try & enjoy yourself. As you said hopefully the doctor gives you the good shit.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Fuck's sake you're a gumby bro

The G in OGG was meant to be OG Glassman, but OG Gumby works as well Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:47 pm

White Lightning wrote:@ SI. That must be very painful mate. You're still a young fella at 44 mate because you're still out there going hard. Take it easy, rest & try & enjoy yourself. As you said hopefully the doctor gives you the good shit.

I can still bear weight on it without crutches so it's low grade, but yeah, I've never had an Achilles injury before so not sure till Imaging.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:49 pm

Achilles sounds so rough. I did my ACL and that was bad enough but even the thought of snapping my Achilles makes me nauseous
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:50 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Achilles sounds so rough. I did my ACL and that was bad enough but even the thought of snapping my Achilles makes me nauseous
    Torn achilles much easier to get right than an ACL mate

ACL is wasteland
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 pm

Are people not looking at Hopoate as much because of his price & b/e? I’m seeing a lot of Holland and Olive.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:04 am