NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 53

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 53  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 53

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 am

Advice please:

So I've got two options, cash out 1 trade to get Fainu

OR

Go all out to have a team of

Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Taumalolo Harris Crichton
    ARey DCE
    Mitchell Aitken
    Ponga Isaako Gutherson

McInnes Smith Taupau Brown

Martin Fainu Cogger Ellis

$95k ITB, 8 trades

[edit] In future, I'll probably double trade again, ARey to SJ and another double trade, Isaako to Turbo/Teddy

(Trade outs: Murray, TPJ, Soro, Phillips)

Last edited by Rapture_NRL on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 53  - Page 31 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 53

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Advice please:

So I've got two options, cash out 1 trade to get Fainu

OR

Go all out to have a team of

Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Taumalolo Harris Crichton
    ARey DCE
    Mitchell Aitken
    Ponga Isaako Gutherson

McInnes Smith Taupau Brown

Martin Fainu Cogger Ellis

$95k ITB, 8 trades

I'll probably double trade again, ARey to SJ
    and another double trade, Isaako to Turbo/Teddy

(Trade outs: Murray, TPJ, Soro, Phillips)

Hey man, Im dead keen to share my thoughts instead of actually doing some work but Im not clear on what the two options are?

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 am

Morning RT, care to give us thoughts on my ideas this week?

Any thoughts on these trades and this team:

Martin > Fainu (good cash out, other option could be Mann)
    Kikau > Harris (Kikau could stay and I'll trade out maybe Surgess instead but not to keen on that)
    Watson > SJ (willing to take the punt on SJ as I really need to try something)
    Murray > McInnes (don't trust Murray getting meaningful minutes consistently)

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Taumalolo, Fitzgibbon, Harris
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Tuala
    Teddy, Ponga, Walker

Smith, McInnes, DCE, WGraham
    Surgess, Fonua, Brimson, Fainu

Leaves 7 trades and 120k in the bank.

Cheers pal
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hey man, Im dead keen to share my thoughts instead of actually doing some work but Im not clear on what the two options are?

You and me both ahaha.. Basically first option is to save the trades and hold Murray and TPJ, but cash out to get Fainu.

Second option is to trade up to the team posted, bearing in mind I will only have Isaako and Guth at the back and Taupau and Brown don't play 18, and Taupau may play for the Kiwis, and I'll be down to 8 trades
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Morning RT, care to give us thoughts on my ideas this week?

Kikau > Harris (Kikau could stay and I'll trade out maybe Surgess instead but not to keen on that)

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Tuala
    Teddy, Ponga, Walker

Cheers pal

I would pull the trigger. All four trades are good. I'm trying to hold Martin though as he's such a good 18th man if not money maker if he plays again (he might with the Woods news)
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 am

WT Winfield wrote:C on Cook for me this week. Tempted to leave it on Cam, but Cook with that +4 average and playing first up, so let's go for the temporary rankings jump.

Expecting both to carve up vs. Eels and Knights, but Cook's running game and week off give him the edge imo.

Have gone:

Rapana to Tom Trb. Thought about Mbye with an extra game and 40k cheaper, but might miss it anyway if transferring to Tigs.

Murray to Harris. Had it locked in for last week, but seemed unnecessary, time to pull the trigger on it now that Kikau seems he'll only miss a game or 2 and hopefully put up something decent in Rd 17.

Holding Martin for now aswell. Hopefully gets back into the team and plays Rd 17 too.

Tempted by this Fainu guy. Doueihi looks to be my only trade-out candidate. I thought Gagai was out for 3-4 weeks or something. I guess I should've watched origin since apparently he played.

Puts some cash back in the bank and maybe 17th man over Martin/Kikau/Brimson/Olive rounding out the 18-21.

Are you Andrew Fifita?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

You and me both ahaha.. Basically first option is to save the trades and hold Murray and TPJ, but cash out to get Fainu.

Second option is to trade up to the team posted, bearing in mind I will only have Isaako and Guth at the back and Taupau and Brown don't play 18, and Taupau may play for the Kiwis, and I'll be down to 8 trades

Gotchya.

Don't save the trades mate. 4 trades provides a great opportunity to improve your team in one hit. You have heaps of trades so I'd be going hard right now. So if I were choosing between the two, I'd for sure go the second option.

Also, I think that second option is probably on point. The only thing I'd consider is whether or not its with holding TPJ for 17?

And also, could you make Mann work instead of Ellis (bearing in mind I don't know anything about Ellis)? Just that he should given you a decent round 17 score and at the same time gives you a bit of cover at WFB for a little bit more $.

Arey to SJ is a good trade, and I like Isaako to Teddy over Turbo. Teddy feels like he has stepped up a bit and TTrbo is hamstrung a bit by that Manly team.

Lastly, are you gonna run without JTrbo? I think he is a must have too. If you could find the cash to upgrade Martin to JTrbo after 17 that would be nice - probably involves planning now tough I'd imagine.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 am

I'll be holding Martin until round 17. I would hate to trade him out only for him to post a big score in the week we all want him and make another 50k. If he doesn't play he will be used to grab McInnes.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:37 am

Currently looking at this lot for 17 after this weeks trades

Smith(c)
    No FRF
    Harris, RFM, Su'a
    SJ, Brimson
    Croker, Hiku
    Mbye, Dufty, Mann

Martin*

If McCullough and Arrow could some how get a run that would be great. Will be looking at downgrading Cogger as he peaks in the next few weeks(probably to a Lomax or similar). Slightly interest in CHN but probably too late in the year for mid range cows
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Gotchya.

Don't save the trades mate. 4 trades provides a great opportunity to improve your team in one hit. You have heaps of trades so I'd be going hard right now. So if I were choosing between the two, I'd for sure go the second option.

Also, I think that second option is probably on point. The only thing I'd consider is whether or not its with holding TPJ for 17?

And also, could you make Mann work instead of Ellis (bearing in mind I don't know anything about Ellis)? Just that he should given you a decent round 17 score and at the same time gives you a bit of cover at WFB for a little bit more $.

Arey to SJ is a good trade, and I like Isaako to Teddy over Turbo. Teddy feels like he has stepped up a bit and TTrbo is hamstrung a bit by that Manly team.  

Lastly, are you gonna run without JTrbo? I think he is a must have too. If you could find the cash to upgrade Martin to JTrbo after 17 that would be nice - probably involves planning now tough I'd imagine.

Thanks for taking the time to have a gander at my squad. So Ellis is just a bottom dollar cash out who's played f all minutes off the bench but might (10% chance) get a few extra minutes with Wallace retiring.

I did look at Mann, I just wasn't filled with confidence with his scoring. He played 80 last week and scored 28 :/

I'll probably go Teddy over Turbo as well, just mindful that Teddy is top dollar and I might have to go for the cheap option.

Jurbo- So for me, I have to choose him or Taupau/Brown. I'm probably using Martin to upgrade ARey to SJ, and Cogger to upgrade Isaako to Teddy. At best I'll net $200-400k ITB if Martin plays but I'll still need one of my cash outs to equally go nuts. Need another Rein. Alternatively, I could trade in Harris, Crichton or Arrow if they're not pulling finger
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:05 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Morning RT, care to give us thoughts on my ideas this week?

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Tuala
    Teddy, Ponga, Walker

Cheers pal

Sure mate.

First of all I read a post of yours from yesterday I think. Try not to let this stuff get you down mate, it is supposed to be fun after all. Also remember there's only so much so called 'skill' and dedication to fantasy can take you in this game, the rest is down to what these jokers do on the field and a whole bunch of luck. You'll have your ups and downs and as shitty as it can be sometimes you just have to ride it out as part of the game. Either that, or decide the game just isn't for you. Seems like you are doing ok now though mate and back on that trading horse Smile

As for your team? Like i said to Rapture I'm a big fan of young as many trades this week as you need to. You have more trades than me and I'll be using all four by the looks. So your strategy, IMO, is good.

I love all your trade ins mate. I'd question getting rid of Martin though. I think you can wait on him cause if he plays again he is worth of a hold, and of course he has money to make and would play 17. I'd actually consider ditching Surgess instead of him. He has not looked good fantasy wise this year, you don't look to be playing him anyway, and you bank a little more cash (~$60k) .

Fainu vs Mann is a bit of a toss up. Fainu probably has more value long term as potentially a decent back up EMG, but we don't know a great deal about him fantasy wise. Mann could potentially grab you an extra 40 points or so in week 17 which would be a nice boost to your ranking, but won't give you anything post that you'd think. I'd probably tend to go with Mann so long as your cash situation works out to get JTrbo and Taupau. If I had your team I'd be making sure I can get those two in for Fitz and Graham ASAP (via a couple cashouts I guess). Or alternatively wait till round17 for one and use Martin. I'd probably tend for the former though, but thats just me. Go hard with your trades and get the guys you need ASAP.

Looking at the numbers real quick I think its doable if you get Fainu this week, and wait on Graham/Brimson to make a bit of cash - could be tight though.

You could then have a team of:

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Taumalolo, JTrbo, Harris
    Cleary, SJ
    Aitken, Tuala
    Teddy, Ponga, Walker

Taupau, Smith, McInnes, DCE,
    Martin, 212k, 212k, Fainu

with 3 trades left.

Then you can decide where to form there. At that point you will know what the deal is with Martin. He could by then be a great 18th man, or alternatively you flick him on to someone like Guth with DPP. You'd still have 2 trades for injuries and a couple decent options from your EMGs.

Hope that helps mate.

Good luck.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am

Didn't even realise Sua is the same price as Sam Burgess now, ahha.

At this stage, I've gone:
    - Martin to Fainu.
    - Murray to Brown.

Happy to trade Murray, he's done his job. Martin worries me. Pay might just be making him 'sweat' with the way the lineup is named. If he was only out due to missing training then why wouldn't he come back in..

Those trades leave me 237k in the bank making it very tempting to upgrade someone else.. Sam Burgess to Cam McInnes perhaps.. might give Sam one more week.

Sua at 18th man seems a waste.. given he will probably score more than Reynolds, Milford, and the rest of my backline..

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 am

Welshy wrote:
    Reckon Harris/RTS/SJ/Taupau/AFB/Luke all drop out

DWZ
    Fusitua
    Marsters
    Whare
    Manu
    Kodi
    TMM
    NAS
    Levi
    JWH
    Harris
    CHN
    Tapine

KBrom
    Blair
    JFH
    Hiku

Fusitua is playing for Tonga as he did in the WC
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am

Cheers as always RT. I'll have a look at numbers and see what i can manage.

Martin vs Surgess is definitely a tough one. Feels like one of those scenarios that you can end up getting on the wrong side of.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 am

my tv broke wrote:Didn't even realise Sua is the same price as Sam Burgess now, ahha.

At this stage, I've gone:
    - Martin to Fainu.
    - Murray to Brown.

Happy to trade Murray, he's done his job. Martin worries me. Pay might just be making him 'sweat' with the way the lineup is named. If he was only out due to missing training then why wouldn't he come back in..

Those trades leave me 237k in the bank making it very tempting to upgrade someone else.. Sam Burgess to Cam McInnes perhaps.. might give Sam one more week.

Martin is a mystery huh. Apparently he missed training, but I thought I read on here that he somewhere stated publicly he didn't miss training.

So given his BE, his fantasy scoring potential, that he plays 17, and Woods departure, I believe he is a hold at least for another week. You could after all be giving up a solid 17th/18th man, 50 points in round 17, and a great stepping stone player.

I have him and Im keeping him this round. can flick him off later without sacrificing much.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Martin is a mystery huh. Apparently he missed training, but I thought I read on here that he somewhere stated publicly he didn't miss training.

Yeah - I saw a screenshot of the chat where he apparently said it, but others questioned whether it was real..

I've seen it all this week re Martin. Dropped for form. People saying he played crap in nsw cup. Stats say he scored two tries, but someone on dogs forum reckon it was only one and hte stats have stuffed up. I've seen someone say he has signed elsewhere and thats why he was dropped. Its probably ALL made up.. there was even a twitter suggestion that he isn't allowed to play FG at the moment because he's on a lower tier contract.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 am

Fuck I'm stuck.  I think I'm going to bite the bullet, keep Martin and JFH and upgrade Murray.  Seems the smart thing to do leading into round 17.  I could downgrade Doueihi and get McInnes instead, but then I would be short on funds for a final 2 upgrades I think looking at it.

Are people still bringing Harris in this week when we won't know the test team til afterwards?

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Smith
    Fifita Taupau
    Arrow Tolo Crichton
    Coggar Reynolds
    Mitchell Marsters
    Teddy MBye Ponga

Cook Griffin Murray JFH

Fonua Martin Doueihi Olive

14 trades and 202K.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:40 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

So given his BE, his fantasy scoring potential, that he plays 17, and Woods departure, I believe he is a hold at least for another week. You could after all be giving up a solid 17th/18th man, 50 points in round 17, and a great stepping stone player.

I have him and Im keeping him this round. can flick him off later without sacrificing much.

It's hard to see how Martin fits in the side aye. If the Woods rumors are true though, I'm happy to hold Martin. Priest and Tolman share prop minutes with Klemmer. Martin shares Lock minutes with Elliott and potentially steals a few second row minutes. If Martin can get back in the squad and score 40s he nets another 80k which would be very nice
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah - I saw a screenshot of the chat where he apparently said it, but others questioned whether it was real..

I've seen it all this week re Martin. Dropped for form. People saying he played crap in nsw cup. Stats say he scored two tries, but someone on dogs forum reckon it was only one and hte stats have stuffed up. I've seen someone say he has signed elsewhere and thats why he was dropped. Its probably ALL made up.. there was even a twitter suggestion that he isn't allowed to play FG at the moment because he's on a lower tier contract.

Holy crap, didn't know most of that had been said.

Pay has said form right? or has Pay said due to missed training? Either way, hadn't he been going ok on the park? I'll hold for one more week at least, actually I'll probably hold through to 17 and then decide before that round.

I've made my (4 trades) for the round to give me:

Cook
    Fifita, Taupau
    Taumalolo, Arrow, Harris
    DCE, SJ
    Isaako, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, RTS

Smith, McInnes, RFM, Gutherson
    Martin, Fainu, Doueihi, MCK

The plan at this stage is to move from MCK & Martin to JTrbo and a 212k player once I have more confidence in where Martin is at.

Until then at least I can loop that 17th player between Guth and Fainu.

1 trade for the run home though Smile
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am

I don't know of Pay saying anything re Martin, club has been silent as far as I know?

Apparently the commentators on NSW Cup match said he was dropped for being late to training, but again, they could just be repeating what they've 'heard', like we are.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:13 am