NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43

code delta
    code delta

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43

Post by code delta Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Angus will play Origin. McInnes will also play Origin.
    Have taken that possibility into account.
    So they may miss an extra game but for the rest of the year they will score more than JMK and RFM.
    B/L
    B/L

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43

Post by B/L Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Mickspicks = Freddy Fitler
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Maloney is am absolute lock for Origin. There is absolutely zero doubt that if fit he's there. Why on earth you'd think otherwise.

If that’s the case then Cleary isn’t being picked. Why put a bloke in who has lost however many series? By your theory Pearce would have been there with him again if fit.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Mearcats wrote:And I'm back... Some decent lolz in here today. Not in the least Micks post above regarding Smith being a bench option to round out your 17!  Wowwee

I mean Cook has been the better captain option so far. Smith has to sit in your 14-17 if you want to Captain Cook pirat
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed May 16, 2018 8:55 pm

mickspicks wrote:

If that’s the case then Cleary isn’t being picked. Why put a bloke in who has lost however many series? By your theory Pearce would have been there with him again if fit.

But your theory is hinged on an interview with Gould on a TV show. Plain and simple, Maloney is the best performing half that NSW has at the current point in time, regardless of past results. If Pearce was fit and still playing in the same vein of form that he was prior to his injury I'd pretty much bet that he would be selected again. There's a lot to be said about experience regardless of whether it's negative or positive results wise.

NSW has a team that has come up against a once in a lifetime QLD side. I don't think we'll see a team quite so dominant for years and years to come. If you want to judge Pearce's rep results based upon what he was able to do against such a team then that's a bit short sighted. Same with Maloney.

If NSW does happen to pick Moses as is suggested, I will laugh all the way to another series win!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Hooper was on 360 and also said Maloney is not a lock for the origin jumper.  Mostly due to his defence, but I can't see him not being there, and LOL @ Moses.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 pm

mickspicks wrote:

I mean Cook has been the better captain option so far. Smith has to sit in your 14-17 if you want to Captain Cook pirat

Ah, right. This makes much more sense. I thought you were saying that he would be a 14-18 material at best. Anyone that doesn't play Smith (not necessarily as captain) in their side for the remainder of the season, now that he has decided to hang up his rep boots, ain't so bright.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 pm

wolfking wrote:Hooper was on 360 and also said Maloney is not a lock for the origin jumper.  Mostly due to his defence, but I can't see him not being there, and LOL @ Moses.
    If he is using Maloney and his defence as a cause for not picking him then going with Moses he is duller than he sounds
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Mearcats wrote:

But your theory is hinged on an interview with Gould on a TV show. Plain and simple, Maloney is the best performing half that NSW has at the current point in time, regardless of past results. If Pearce was fit and still playing in the same vein of form that he was prior to his injury I'd pretty much bet that he would be selected again. There's a lot to be said about experience regardless of whether it's negative or positive results wise.

NSW has a team that has come up against a once in a lifetime QLD side. I don't think we'll see a team quite so dominant for years and years to come. If you want to judge Pearce's rep results based upon what he was able to do against such a team then that's a bit short sighted. Same with Maloney.

If NSW does happen to pick Moses as is suggested, I will laugh all the way to another series win!
    I'm with you on this, nothing to do with his overall play, Pearce nor Maloney, it's the team infront of them has just been superior, especially the spine which is so important in origin series.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 16, 2018 9:00 pm

This weekend of fantasy is turning into one of the toughest I've ever had playing fantasy. My team has never been in such doubt in regards to minutes, returning players, potential injuries, benchings etc. I just realised how lucky I have been for the last few years.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I’m not going off Gould soley. Freddy is a weird dude. He’s been with City and Lebanon. Wants to change the culture of the team and is looking to the future. I totally get what you’re saying though. But look at last year. NSW lost the series they were meant to dominate in. They SHOULD have dominated. Do you roll with the same cats again and hope for a better result? I can’t see that happening. And I really think Maloney ain’t there as he is a proven loser at SOO. We will find out for sure in what is it? 10 days? ????
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

I'm just glad Farah won't be anywhere near a Blues team!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

I want people to comment on my Fantasy captain problems.
    Go and discuss SOO origin things here please ... https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t543p220-nsw-origin-side-2018
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Surely they can't go with Moses. What a horrible message that would send.

And Keary can fuck right off, don't care how good he becomes. He wanted to be a Queenslander, it's an insult to the jersey if they pick him. He only turned around once it became clear his attempts to align with Queensland weren't going to work out. You can stay a Maroon and watch from home. Plenty of halves who genuinely want a blue jersey not just whatever jersey is available.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 pm

mickspicks wrote:

I’m not going off Gould soley. Freddy is a weird dude. He’s been with City and Lebanon. Wants to change the culture of the team and is looking to the future. I totally get what you’re saying though. But look at last year. NSW lost the series they were meant to dominate in. They SHOULD have dominated. Do you roll with the same cats again and hope for a better result? I can’t see that happening. And I really think Maloney ain’t there as he is a proven loser at SOO. We will find out for sure in what is it? 10 days? ????

This is dumb. And dumb and dumber. This is half the problem with expectation. In any walk of life. But in this case, in a game of footy. And especially SOO. On a weekly basis, teams "should" be expected to dominate their opposition based on a match up or injuries etc. I.e. Broncs vs Manly on the weekend (although of course to a lesser extent, maybe a better comparison would be the Bunnies v Dragons). Long and short, when you take a team that has a lot to play for (QLD last year with the Thurston send off etc) that asides for one or two players is still stacked against a team ridiculously down on confidence and then hyping them to the max is absolutely fecking stupid!

QLD WAS, and I say was as we are now changing, a team that knows how to win. To trumpet anyone, ANY SIDE, against a team like that is begging for a reprimand.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm

code delta wrote:I want people to comment on my Fantasy captain problems.
    Go and discuss SOO origin things here please ... https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t543p220-nsw-origin-side-2018

What problems do you have Bird Watcher? I'll see what I think...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:I'm just glad Farah won't be anywhere near a Blues team!

No, he will just be near a Rabbits team in round 13. Sad
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Mearcats, not sure if we have discussed it, but what's your thoughts on Kikau now moving forward being pushed back to the bench? With Murray, Rein, Griffin, Maloney etc. this is something we all didn't need.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Regulator wrote:Surely they can't go with Moses. What a horrible message that would send.

And Keary can fuck right off, don't care how good he becomes. He wanted to be a Queenslander, it's an insult to the jersey if they pick him. He only turned around once it became clear his attempts to align with Queensland weren't going to work out. You can stay a Maroon and watch from home. Plenty of halves who genuinely want a blue jersey not just whatever jersey is available.

Interestingly,if he was available for QLD do you think he'd be picked?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Mearcats wrote:

This is dumb. And dumb and dumber. This is half the problem with expectation. In any walk of life. But in this case, in a game of footy. And especially SOO. On a weekly basis, teams "should" be expected to dominate their opposition based on a match up or injuries etc. I.e. Broncs vs Manly on the weekend (although of course to a lesser extent, maybe a better comparison would be the Bunnies v Dragons). Long and short, when you take a team that has a lot to play for (QLD last year with the Thurston send off etc) that asides for one or two players is still stacked against a team ridiculously down on confidence and then hyping them to the max is absolutely fecking stupid!

QLD WAS, and I say was as we are now changing, a team that knows how to win. To trumpet anyone, ANY SIDE, against a team like that is begging for a reprimand.

I totally agree with you my dude. And that’s why Lil’ Freddy is shaking it up.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:01 am