NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43

Post by Mulvy Tue May 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Welshy wrote:At least if ARey goes down I've had his decent scoring for the past 4/5 weeks

I would genuinely be getting in someone like Koro for cheaper if I had to choose now

I'm not in the business of fucking people over, ARey is a bigger fantasy risk than Dugan and that's the truth

Nice Welshy, it's been working for you so far, so keep up those warnings! Maybe I'll benefit, but I'm afraid I'm going to break the glass this week though Razz

Edit: You know, I actually liked owning ARey last year when he wasn't injured and before he went out when I had no trades left Razz Yeah I'm a glutton for punishment!

Last edited by mulvy on Tue May 15, 2018 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 43

Post by wolfking Tue May 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Dayum. The more I look at these trades and how they would fit into your team the more I like it! Wish I would take my own advice sometimes... So much easier looking at someones else's team.

If you're really worried about Griffin Wolfy (understandable) you could offload him this week and hold Rein for one more. Means you would have to grab Surgess instead of Crichton but that's not a bad option in my books either.  

That's a good option that I can think over Mearcats, thanks. Didn't really thinkg that way with Surgess. I think Surgess' score on the weekend put me off a little, obviously Crichton is chasing the points but that was 2017 Crichton but Surgess would eliminate the SOO risk also.

And yes, it's definitely easier looking at someone elses team haha. You'd get heaps of advice from all of us if you are stuck with anything. Glad you like the trades too, makes me more comfortable with doing them.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Anyone watch nrl360 cause I missed it. When Luke Lewis was on did he say if he'd start this week. Cheers.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 pm

wolfking wrote:

That's a good option that I can think over Mearcats, thanks.  Didn't really thinkg that way with Surgess.  I think Surgess' score on the weekend put me off a little, obviously Crichton is chasing the points but that was 2017 Crichton but Surgess would eliminate the SOO risk also.  

And yes, it's definitely easier looking at someone elses team haha.  You'd get heaps of advice from all of us if you are stuck with anything.  Glad you like the trades too, makes me more comfortable with doing them.
    Surgess with a 40 and 7 MT isn't the norm vs Crichton who went massive and is as you say a SOO risk

Surgess DPP also tilts it for me but that suspension risk is huge! Any misendevaours and he is a trade out because you are looking at 5 weeks on the sideline

actually reckons that puts Crichton over him
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 15, 2018 9:22 pm

mulvy wrote:

Mate, who would you rate as the best cows on offer this week if you had to play them in your 17? Cheers.

Hmmm, tough one. I'd consider Lamb a cow at the current point in time so he'd be one. Then, in light of the Edwards news at Parra one of Niukore or Salmon could be worth a shout. I rate Niukore, Salmon is a bit green IMO but the risk with him is Vave obvs. Could be a ballsy shot tho. Shibasaki at the Broncs is awesome, have seen a bit of him in juniors and he will go well but even riskier job security than Niukore. Brimson of course but will probably be a very slow burn, like a mini Chinese burn... Lol. I would have put BS9 in this category but with the new Smith news that puts a slight damper on things, however could still make a bit of coin in the coming weeks if the Storm continues to use him the way they have been (which I think is likely). Lastly there is Hokko though I think that's a trap, or at the very least a wait and see for at least two weeks.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:23 pm

mulvy wrote:

Nice Welshy, it's been working for you so far, so keep up those warnings! Maybe I'll benefit, but I'm afraid I'm going to break the glass this week though Razz

Edit: You know, I actually liked owning ARey last year when he wasn't injured and before he went out when I had no trades left Razz  Yeah I'm a glutton for punishment!
    My main point is those taking the plunge all them weeks back have been rewarded, had him for around $620,000 and produced some great scores but someone with his injury history and stringing these games together before a mass trade in spells trouble, he doesn't just get big injuries he loves the niggles and has gone ans stayed down every week I have owned him, it's a fair warning
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Surgess with a 40 and 7 MT isn't the norm vs Crichton who went massive and is as you say a SOO risk

Surgess DPP also tilts it for me but that suspension risk is huge! Any misendevaours and he is a trade out because you are looking at 5 weeks on the sideline

actually reckons that puts Crichton over him

Saw a headline to an article or video for Sam titled 'I won't change' or something like that, so could very well get in trouble again, and you know if he does, they'll throw the book at him. If I could get Crichton for Griffin it would be perfect, but you know this game haha. I am intrigued what the plan is moving forward with Griffin. Surely Brown wouldn't have your starting hooker just playing the first half an hour and that's it every week. Maybe he's been watching too many Raiders games.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Welshy wrote:
    My main point is those taking the plunge all them weeks back have been rewarded, had him for around $620,000 and produced some great scores but someone with his injury history and stringing these games together before a mass trade in spells trouble, he doesn't just get big injuries he loves the niggles and has gone ans stayed down every week I have owned him, it's a fair warning

Such a selfless post.

Consider the warning peeps.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Pain wrote:

Such a selfless post.

Coming from a fellow ARey custodian we know the truth lad!

Terrifying to watch after every bomb he puts into the air
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Welshy wrote:

I think the thing tipping me towards him is that this season the bunnies are fast becoming my second team! Just really enjoy watching them. They are in form and look like they will give it a good shake this year.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:32 pm

mulvy wrote:

I think the thing tipping me towards him is that this season the bunnies are fast becoming my second team! Just really enjoy watching them. They are in form and look like they will give it a good shake this year.
    That's fair mate
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

I've shared the story before but the Rabbits quickly became my team when I started playing fantasy with work friends. I knew nothing about the game at all and as I learned it was 2014 where the Bunnies were on fire. Getting the likes of Surgess, Johnstone, Inglis, Auva and Reynolds in my team made me a fan and a decent fantasy player and quickly made me the top fantasy player in my league for the next 3 years to come.

Reynolds is playing like that year again, he's been completely out of sorts the last two years, but he's getting back on track. Yes, his run of injuries is a worry but so far so good and that year he was the premium half of the comp and he's now starting to reproduce those scores. So basically, I know what he is capable of, plus it's kind of a nostalgia thing. Saying all that, might change my mind on Friday and go DCE or something haha.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Fortitude wrote:Hey mc I’d appreciate your thoughts, my team is pretty cookie cutter so you’ve touched on most of the players and why I might need to get rid of them. I’m interest in your thoughts about priorities for the next few weeks.

Cook
    Fifita, kikau
    Jurbo, jfh, rfm
    Dce, maloney
    Jcroker, aitken
    Teddy, ponga, rts

Havili, rein, Smith, Murray

Fonua, Nichols, hiku, isaako

Think trades this week,

Maloney to arey
    Isaako to Martin

Leaves me 20 trades. And 80k in bank.

Someone has been banking a few! I like it Fort, gives you the room to be able to gamble on a few.

Like you've said, I've touched on a lot of this so I will just break your team down solely based on what I see as priorities rather than looking at in and out options and player analysis.

To start with, both trades are great moves IMO. Martin is going to continue to make some cash, more so if he can jag another try or two but even without he'll work out well as a cow. Lick that one in as LB would say. Maloney to ARey is also definitely a good shout.He's made his cash, Cleary is back now and even if it does take Cleary a week or two to hit his strides, Maloney is now going to trend down. You may be able to hold him this week if you REALLY wanted to but I'll personally be offloading him. Probably for the very same bloke. Risk inherent or not.

Your priorities from then should be;

Rein - hold for this week no dramas but as soon as that BE catches up, get off.
    Nicholls - I'd be trading following 13 (maybe beforehand but I'd probably hold now) Out of the side this week so not losing cash but should go soon.
    Hiku - I'd be ok with having him except that he is sitting outside you're 17, stagnating. Kinda pointless. May as well look for generator.
    Murray/JFH/RFM - all of are currently luxury trades. No rush but keep an eye on them the next few weeks.
    Kikau - the last on my list as a priority, will be watching how he goes off the bench this week tho and that may change following.

That's about it really mate. Don't see any other reason to trade the others you have any time soon. Of course, things change, injuries happen and whatnot but that would be the order I'd be moving blokes on in.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:38 pm

@Mearcats

what are your thoughts on Reynolds mate?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Welshy wrote:At least if ARey goes down I've had his decent scoring for the past 4/5 weeks

I would genuinely be getting in someone like Koro for cheaper if I had to choose now

I'm not in the business of fucking people over, ARey is a bigger fantasy risk than Dugan and that's the truth

Disagree.

Injury history will back you up I'm sure but there's one thing history doesn't take into account and that's heart. ARey has that in spades over the pea endowed one
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 pm

I have talked myself out of JTurbo. The round 14 Manly game is 3 days after origin. Surely he doesn't back up in this dawning new age of player welfare
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Disagree.

Injury history will back you up I'm sure but there's one thing history doesn't take into account and that's heart. ARey has that in spades over the pea endowed one
    He does mate and his heart not being disputed, purely the injury relationship, doesn't stop the fact he gets walloped after every kick and gets injured a bunch

only comparison here is injury proneness
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Cheers for the team review earlier Mearcats. Really appreciate it. Sadly I do not have enough cash to bring Lamb in and a gun.

Really stuck looking at trading in S. Burgess, A. Crichton, R. James, T. Harris, L. Fitzgibbon, and C. Hess. How would you guys rank them all.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Pain wrote:

Such a selfless post.

Welshy wrote:
    Coming from a fellow ARey custodian we know the truth lad!

Terrifying to watch after every bomb he puts into the air

Everybody knows the risk with ARey. It's not a myth or a misnomer. But that being said, stating that a mass trade in in fantasy is going to bring about an injury is a bit far fetched.

However I had Dugan for weeks prior to everyone bringing him in and then boom.... Maybe karma is after us all afterall
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Everybody knows the risk with ARey. It's not a myth or a misnomer. But that being said, stating that a mass trade in in fantasy is going to bring about an injury is a bit far fetched.

However I had Dugan for weeks prior to everyone bringing him in and then boom.... Maybe karma is after us all afterall
    Heed the warning.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm