NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Vanish
    Vanish

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38 - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Post by Vanish Thu May 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Wow Bye planning is hard this year. I've currently got 10/11 for R13 this year, with a few weeks to get another gun or two. 

But only 8 for R17. And that's if I hold Maloney and Rein, which isn't an option, as well as JMK and Havilii, which I'll probably have to cash out at some point as well. Hoping it's common for everyone to have at least one bad bye round.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38 - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Post by Milchcow Thu May 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Vanish wrote:Wow Bye planning is hard this year. I've currently got 10/11 for R13 this year, with a few weeks to get another gun or two. 

But only 8 for R17. And that's if I hold Maloney and Rein, which isn't an option, as well as JMK and Havilii, which I'll probably have to cash out at some point as well. Hoping it's common for everyone to have at least one bad bye round.

i am doing no bye plannign this year. Just bringing guns in as and when they become available. Don't have trades to spare stuffing around trying to get an extra 30 points
    NewyCoop

Post by NewyCoop Thu May 03, 2018 4:16 pm

The more I think about it the more I want to hold Dugan. With CTR being so poor this year I don't see it worth trading him out. Playing Isaako as my second CTR might lose me 15 points a game each week but I'll save a trade by not needing to bring another gun CTR in now or Dugan back in 4 (Hopefully not 6) weeks. I dont think a trade is worth the 60 or so points I might miss out on. Who knows, Isaako might ven outscore some gun centers each week anyway

Last edited by NewyCoop on Thu May 03, 2018 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 03, 2018 4:17 pm

filthridden wrote:Captaining Smith. I've learnt my lesson.

Going conservative as I don't feel I need to do anything else at this stage of the season.

Team for the weekend

Smith (c)
    Fifita, Kikau
    Arrow, Murray, RFM
    Maloney, Matterson
    Mitchell, Inglis
    Teddy, Ponga, Thompson

JFH, Cook, Rein, JMK

18th: Havili

When was the last time you benched someone after they scored 70+? :/

Nice team Filth. Have you considered playing JMK over Thompson, put Thompson 18th man & put Havili on interchange. I'm backing JMK to outscore Thompson this week if he's at hooker & after last week's effort I think Havili deserves to be in your 17.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Im captaining Smith. I could be wrong but Smith always has big games when playing on a Sunday arvo.

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm on CS9 for cappo this week
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Speaking of final teams

What are people's opinions on the final team status of
    Kikau
    Fisher-Harris
    Murray
    Faitala-Mariner

I think due to trades and/or cash I'll end up with at least one of them in my final 17. Possibly more if
    injuries/cash generation doesn't go well over the next month or 2.

Ideally they'll be swapped out for players like Taumalolo, JTrbo, Sam Burgess and Jack De Belin, but I doubt I'll end up making enough money (and having enough available trades) to swap out all 4.

Who do people think will be final 17 worthy. I still have hopes Murray will be a keeper if he can be injury free for a while.
    RFM, Kikau, JFH are all serviceable if not ideal, one might end up being 17th/18th man. But looks like they might average just on the wrong side of 50 to be ideal
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of final teams

Kikau
    Fisher-Harris
    Murray
    Faitala-Mariner

I think due to trades and/or cash I'll end up with at least one of them in my final 17. Possibly more if

Ideally they'll be swapped out for players like Taumalolo, JTrbo, Sam Burgess and Jack De Belin, but I doubt I'll end up making enough money (and having enough available trades) to swap out all 4.

Who do people think will be final 17 worthy. I still have hopes Murray will be a keeper if he can be injury free for a while.
    RFM, Kikau, JFH are all serviceable if not ideal, one might end up being 17th/18th man. But looks like they might average just on the wrong side of 50 to be ideal
    I'm hoping Murray turns the corner as well of the others I like Kikau for DPP and the probably misguided hope that once he stops changing roles his scores will improve.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm

NewyCoop wrote:The more I think about it the more I want to hold Dugan. With CTR being so poor this year I don't see it worth trading him out. Playing Isaako as my second CTR might lose me 15 points a game each week but I'll save a trade by not needing to bring another gun CTR in now or Dugan back in 4 (Hopefully not 6) weeks. I dont think a trade is worth the 60 or so points I might miss out on. Who knows, Isaako might ven outscore some gun centers each week anyway

I think I'll keep DUgan. Play Hiku and Inglis in the meantime.

Not ideal but could be worse.

Now have to decide whether to ditch Gosiewski or Katoa, and whether to bring in Lane, Martin or Cogger.

With trades running low, need to get cash cow choice right as don't have many more chances pick a cashie
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm

If their scores keep up Milch, Id be happy to run all 4 Milch.
    NewyCoop

Post by NewyCoop Thu May 03, 2018 4:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of final teams

Kikau
    Fisher-Harris
    Murray
    Faitala-Mariner

I think I'd order them Murray, RFM, Kikau and then JFH as keepers. Murray should post 45-55 most weeks and be a keeper, attacking stats to boost. RFM and Kikau are probably pretty equal, could score 35-40 on an off day but bust a 60 with a try, maybe a slight edge to RFM in terms of floor. JFH is probably a notch below them, with lower chance of banging out a big attacking game
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of final teams

Kikau
    Fisher-Harris
    Murray
    Faitala-Mariner

My low-ranked 2c, in order:

JFH looks close-to-but-under 50. Doesn't have elite RM or TBs, and few offloads.
    RFM is truly borderline. Decent tackles, good attack. But not top-level.
    Murray similar to RFM in borderline-ness, but with more tackles substituting for attacking stats. May change if he gets healthy.
    Kikau looks final 17, should Penrith stop sticking him in the centres whenever Griffin gets bored. Great attacking stats, and doesn't seem to tire too badly under longer minutes.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of final teams

Kikau
    Fisher-Harris
    Murray
    Faitala-Mariner

I have all 4 & I will only be getting rid of JFH.

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2018 4:34 pm

I think JFH has to go before the other three, just don't see him as a final team player. Kikau is final team as long as hook stops playing silly buggers and moving him to centre etc
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 03, 2018 4:34 pm

NewyCoop wrote:

I think I'd order them Murray, RFM, Kikau and then JFH as keepers. Murray should post 45-55 most weeks and be a keeper, attacking stats to boost. RFM and Kikau are probably pretty equal, could score 35-40 on an off day but bust a 60 with a try, maybe a slight edge to RFM in terms of floor. JFH is probably a notch below them, with lower chance of banging out a big attacking game

Well put mate I agree with everything you said.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Thu May 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Speaking of final teams

Kikau
    Fisher-Harris
    Murray
    Faitala-Mariner

I have all of these guys and I suspect they will be the last out of my team if at all.
    I also have Guerra, who's straddling that line between Keeper and Mid-ranger. And I'm running fast out of trades.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu May 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Any news on Graham? We were meant to find out if he is playing after yesterdays training session.

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Though I have Rein and BBQ to go before any of the above mentioned.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Thu May 03, 2018 4:36 pm

latest from foxsports is that rhyse martin will start from the bench for the bulldogs which goes against what they said yesterday. still waiting for an official word. not very convincing from pay

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-round-9-late-mail-anthony-milford-fails-to-train-bulldogs-no9-switch/news-story/f4281df374db0c3b7d4c2fabef175e25
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Thu May 03, 2018 4:40 pm

pm888 wrote:latest from foxsports is that rhyse martin will start from the bench for the bulldogs which goes against what they said yesterday. still waiting for an official word. not very convincing from pay

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-round-9-late-mail-anthony-milford-fails-to-train-bulldogs-no9-switch/news-story/f4281df374db0c3b7d4c2fabef175e25

yeah he should come off the bench, get maybe 50 min.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:16 am