NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

KiwiOilBoiler
    KiwiOilBoiler

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by KiwiOilBoiler Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:The 'Always put a Koni on's for Rd7, with;
    LCroker --> Su'a
    Doueihi --> Gos
    (201k itb)

(C)S9
    Arrow, Kikau
    Fatality-Mariner, JFH, Rochow
    DCE, Maloney
    Latrell, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, Thompson

Cook
    TPJ
    Havilli
    Brown

Su'a
    Gos
    Murray
    Kennar

If Su'a goes big will leave it otherwise move in Gos. All look in order? Good luck all! bounce

What! No Koni's on..... Laughing

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 am

For those suggesting that Matterson won't be in your final 17, it's kind of irrelevant. His BE is super low, and he will be in my final 17 for round 13. That's all that matters at this point.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Ill put my hand up I post trades ideas a bit much.

I'll tone it down.

I hardly post here/am new but I find it really helpful from a newbie perspective to get thoughts from the really prolific posters. If people don't discuss stuff they're thinking or what trades they're reconsidering the place becomes a pointless echo chamber and everyone has the same team

My advice would be to never stop postin'
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:26 am

lukeaye wrote:For those suggesting that Matterson won't be in your final 17, it's kind of irrelevant. His BE is super low, and he will be in my final 17 for round 13. That's all that matters at this point.

How is that irrelevant? Bringing a player in that is in your final 17 = 1 Trade
                                    Bringing a player in (worth that much $) that will not be in your final 17 = 2 Trades

The only reason I can see that it doesn't matter is if you are planning to trade him to a round 17 playing gun, in which case you are talking about something completely different.

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am

Cheers lads, I'll ask more questions.

Has anyone ranked the cashies for this week??

Points wise - Rein, Sua, Gos
    Cash making over a month - Sua, Rein, Gos

Do others see it that way?
    Rjconner.rc
    Rjconner.rc

Post by Rjconner.rc Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I like the look of Hiku outside of Harris. Opportunities for TB, LBA, tries, LBA, and TA. He's basically a top 10 fantasy C this year (so far), I'd play him.

He is defiantly more involved then kennar, its the MT's that do make me worry about Hiku especially up against the dragons.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:At what stage do the eels starting dropping the halves?

They have mixed and changed every position except there? Don't think have some young gun waiting to get a crack? Moses and Norman have been pretty terrible!

The next best option at Parra was signed by the Broncos. Few Parra fans had big wraps on Dargan.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:35 am

KiwiOilBoiler wrote:

What! No Koni's on..... Laughing

I know! I wish he was playing well so he could be a nice little pod for me. Have had Koni in past years, loved him early day Warriors
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers lads, I'll ask more questions.

Gos ahead of Rein in $ over a month for me. I am in the Peats will want to be back playing asap as he is a tough bugger who can handle pain camp.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:39 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers lads, I'll ask more questions.

Need to make several assumptions but I'll have a crack:
    In the short term:

Rein, Su'A, Gos (Rein should be a lock for your 17 while he starts and gets bug minutes - but he might only be there for 3 games - the others probably wouldn't go into anyones 17s so Rein wins hands down)
    Rein, Su'A, Gos (Rein, based off scoring well for 3/4 weeks should make the most money over 1 month (albeit marginally over Su'A if Sua averages 35. If Su'A nabs one more big score he'll go better)

But perhaps more importantly the question is rank them overall, in which case I'd probably go:
    Gos, Rein, Su'A (overall, Gos probably the more solid option. Has job security and a well-defined role, should average 35+ (Manly 2RFs typically do) in which case long term he'll probably make the most money, will play 13, and then you trade him. JS an issue for Rein as above, and question marks over Su'A and his role, scoring and JS.) I rank Rein over Su'a but the two could be interchanged. I think we know what we will get with Rein - with Su'A theres a lot of uncertainty.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Need to make several assumptions but I'll have a crack:
    In the short term:

Rein, Su'A, Gos (Rein should be a lock for your 17 while he starts and gets bug minutes - but he might only be there for 3 games - the others probably wouldn't go into anyones 17s so Rein wins hands down)
    Rein, Su'A, Gos (Rein, based off scoring well for 3/4 weeks should make the most money over 1 month (albeit marginally over Su'A if Sua averages 35. If Su'A nabs one more big score he'll go better)

But perhaps more importantly the question is rank them overall, in which case I'd probably go:
    Gos, Rein, Su'A (overall, Gos probably the more solid option. Has job security and a well-defined role, should average 35+ (Manly 2RFs typically do) in which case long term he'll probably make the most money, will play 13, and then you trade him. JS an issue for Rein as above, and question marks over Su'A and his role, scoring and JS.) I rank Rein over Su'a but the two could be interchanged. I think we know what we will get with Rein - with Su'A theres a lot of uncertainty.

Cheers pal, I like that particular bit there. I may be wrong but Winterstein and maybe Sironen while not amazing players did score pretty well in tht position so no reason Gos shouldn't.

Hopefully a more balanced game lets him show a bit of his attacking skills.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Gut says Taumalolo but head says Surgess. At this risk of offending Finchy I've reversed trades for both of them at least 3 times today cyclops Surgess has 1/5th of Lolo's ownership, and costs 50 grand less. BUUUUT what if Lolo is back? His BE is lower, so chances are his price will go up first...

Lolo's ownership was super high from the start - but I haven't seen A) that many people talk about owning him, or B) many teams with him. I think he must be owned by every casual team out there.

It would be interesting to see his ownership % for the top 1000 teams or so. I daresay he is a bit of a POD at the moment (though alot seem to be trading him in this week).

I did have a script last year to do that sort of thing, might have to dig it up.
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:16 am

Lolo climbing the Most Viewed ranks on this cool site someone made - http://nrlfantasy.com.au/players.php
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

How tricky would it be to add a weekly ownership %change to that section? Like top 5 bought / top 5 sold?

Last edited by Big Kev on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You're so great mtvb)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 am

Being blues atm I'm ranking them like this

Cook
    Havili
    Maloney
    Murray

Gos
    JMK
    Thompson
    Isaako

What do others think?

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:34 am

my tv broke wrote:

Lolo's ownership was super high from the start - but I haven't seen A) that many people talk about owning him, or B) many teams with him. I think he must be owned by every casual team out there.

It would be interesting to see his ownership % for the top 1000 teams or so. I daresay he is a bit of a POD at the moment (though alot seem to be trading him in this week).

I did have a script last year to do that sort of thing, might have to dig it up.

I ant see how any of the top teams could have had him from the start. So much money sunk into a guy that didn't put up decent numbers. But the main hamstring was that there wouldn't have been enough money to go around to get all/the majority of the guys required to score well.

That being said, I think you'll find his ownership in the top 200 or so will be massively on the rise right now. Gut feeling Smile
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:37 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I ant see how any of the top teams could have had him from the start. So much money sunk into a guy that didn't put up decent numbers. But the main hamstring was that there wouldn't have been enough money to go around to get all/the majority of the guys required to score well.

That being said, I think you'll find his ownership in the top 200 or so will be massively on the rise right now. Gut feeling Smile

He is so tempting but need to stick to my plan
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

SI wrote:@Bullbender  did they give you your FuCKing KFC yet or not?
    @SI no the incompetent jerks at fanhub didn't even respond to my reply, maybe because i labelled them as incompetent in it.....? I then contacted the NRL complaints department and banged on how disappointed i was being a fantasy player since its inception and tragic league fan for 40 years along with how unprofessional fanhub were. A few hours later i got a "congratulations you are a prize winner" email(from NRL not fanhub) asking for my address details. Can you tell the last time i won something fantasy comp wise was when Sportsbet had their comp and i won a $10 free bet? Fat kid will be eating chicken in a few days hopefully.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:54 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

How is that irrelevant? Bringing a player in that is in your final 17 = 1 Trade
                                    Bringing a player in (worth that much $) that will not be in your final 17 = 2 Trades

The only reason I can see that it doesn't matter is if you are planning to trade him to a round 17 playing gun, in which case you are talking about something completely different.

Well everyone is going to want to have a full field for round 13. So if he is in the best 17 for round 13, everyone will want him. At that point keeper status beyond round 13 is irrelevant. He is at his cheapest now, and i Want him 100% for round 13.

Does that make sense the way im explaining it?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:04 am

Big Kev wrote:How tricky would it be to add a weekly ownership %change to that section? Like top 5 bought / top 5 sold?

Hmm could be done but not retrospectively. Id just need to take a snapshot of each players ownership at a set time wach week and then calculate the difference since. Would be nice to do as soon as i get some time

Current date/time is Fri May 24, 2024 8:52 am