NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am

Mearcats wrote:Ok, to be clear, I am not advising against bringing Rein in. I am simply trying to look at it from a tactical viewpoint. I only have 27 trades remaining. I have Inglis, Lodge and Doughy in my side that need to go A$AP Rocky.

On first looks, a switch straight from Doughy to Rein makes perfect sense. But looking further, there is every chance in three weeks that he goes back to the bench. We all know Peats is a tough bugger and he is going to want to get back as soon as he can. He's got a Blues jersey to fight to retain and he well and truly has a fight on his hands.

IF, and I intentionally caps'd that, Rein could go at 60 for three weeks he'd make 198k. Good money. Worth two trades in three weeks though? In my instance I may be better of bringing in someone like Su'a or Gos who has better security. Will be a slower earner and still need to be traded out but if they get 8-10 weeks they should earn more overall.

It's purely a time frame thing for me. And that one week is becoming somewhat of a stumbling block for my liking. If Peats was 8-10 weeks or even 6-8 weeks outside it'd be a different story. With the information that it's 4-6 weeks MAXIMUM and potential return after two to three out I'm struggling to see how I can make that work.

Keep in mind, I'm the conservative type. And my team value in comparison to a lot of you guys reflects that. Fortune favours the brave but not a risk I think I'm willing to take.

Even if Rein were only in for 2-3 weeks, say he averages 45-50 over those 3 weeks his BE is 24 at the moment so he will have that low BE so could possibly ride him for one week on the bench
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:36 am

Mearcats wrote:Ok, to be clear, I am not advising against bringing Rein in. I am simply trying to look at it from a tactical viewpoint. I only have 27 trades remaining. I have Inglis, Lodge and Doughy in my side that need to go A$AP Rocky.

On first looks, a switch straight from Doughy to Rein makes perfect sense. But looking further, there is every chance in three weeks that he goes back to the bench. We all know Peats is a tough bugger and he is going to want to get back as soon as he can. He's got a Blues jersey to fight to retain and he well and truly has a fight on his hands.

IF, and I intentionally caps'd that, Rein could go at 60 for three weeks he'd make 198k. Good money. Worth two trades in three weeks though? In my instance I may be better of bringing in someone like Su'a or Gos who has better security. Will be a slower earner and still need to be traded out but if they get 8-10 weeks they should earn more overall.

It's purely a time frame thing for me. And that one week is becoming somewhat of a stumbling block for my liking. If Peats was 8-10 weeks or even 6-8 weeks outside it'd be a different story. With the information that it's 4-6 weeks MAXIMUM and potential return after two to three out I'm struggling to see how I can make that work.

Keep in mind, I'm the conservative type. And my team value in comparison to a lot of you guys reflects that. Fortune favours the brave but not a risk I think I'm willing to take.

I don't believe this will be the case, but IF so, then absolutely. $200k plus adding those points to your total, I'd take that in a heart beat!!

Also, viewing this in terms of 2 trades would be double counting. I think you have to look at it as one.

I get where you are coming from though. I already have Gos, so I don't have to make that call. I like him too. I feel like he will ave low 30s, maybe better, its his spot to lose and he plays 13. Perfect candidate for the CC to gun bye planning strategy. If I had to chose between the two this week it would be a tough call. I'd probably go Gos...

The upside with Rein is more though. So its a risk reward thing IMO.

Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:36 am

If you could only offload one of Inglis or Lodge this week, who would you get rid of? I'm going to have to hold one as I need to get rid of Doughy...
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 am

Ahhh damn Mearcats Razz
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:42 am

Mearcats wrote:If you could only offload one of Inglis or Lodge this week, who would you get rid of? I'm going to have to hold one as I need to get rid of Doughy...

I was in the "quickly get rid of Doughi boat" but ive changed my tune. Ideal world he gets zero minutes again this week. If he get some minutes. His BE isn't THAT high that he will lose bulk cash.

Lodge and Inglis are differnet because they are likely to be in the 17? so not only are they costing you points, but also, potentially money?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:42 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I don't believe this will be the case, but IF so, then absolutely. $200k plus adding those points to your total, I'd take that in a heart beat!!

Also, viewing this in terms of 2 trades would be double counting. I think you have to look at it as one.

I get where you are coming from though. I already have Gos, so I don't have to make that call. I like him too. I feel like he will ave low 30s, maybe better, its his spot to lose and he plays 13. Perfect candidate for the CC to gun bye planning strategy. If I had to chose between the two this week it would be a tough call. I'd probably go Gos...

The upside with Rein is more though. So its a risk reward thing IMO.

Have never been able to look at this kind of trade as one. Logic states that I should and it is definitely double counting but unless he either a) gets traded to a gun directly (which I don't think he'll make enough cash to be able to do) or b) goes to a cash generating cow, then I look at it as a double.

What I do like is your thought behind the cash and point balance. Lets say he does only make 198k. But he also makes 180 points over three weeks. Then it looks a lot more attractive. Problem is, I think he'll be more along the lines of a 45-50avg, giving a return of 117k and 135 points.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

Can't decide if Matterson is worth bringing in or I've missed the boat. Would be handy that could put him in halves with Mbye to WFB but was thinking of Surgess Crichton double swoop next week or something like that
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 am

SI wrote:

I've tentatively done Issako to Capewell. 3 weeks would be great and hopefully by then there is one or two definitive Centre keepers I can upgrade to.

Everything I've read suggests he should get the 3 weeks. I missed him last year so looking forward to having him in my Trousers at last Very Happy

Feels a little early to jump off Isaako with his BE at 8 now.

Capewell should average 40+ at SR, but with a 36 BE this week he might not earn much over those 3 weeks. Around 100k with a 45 average or 75k with a 40 average.

WGraham looks to be 2-4 weeks so is a chance of not getting 3 weeks of Capewell starting SR.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am

Fortitude wrote:

I was in the "quickly get rid of Doughi boat" but ive changed my tune. Ideal world he gets zero minutes again this week. If he get some minutes. His BE isn't THAT high that he will lose bulk cash.

Lodge and Inglis are differnet because they are likely to be in the 17? so not only are they costing you points, but also, potentially money?

Scores 9 loses 17k... Hmmm, not too bad. Maybe you're right Fort.

I have the bank to make Inglis Guth this week or Lodge Surgess this week. Can't do both without downgrading Doughy. If Doughy loses 20 I should still be in range to make those moves next week. So long as Guth doesn't blast past 44 and Inglis doesn't choke too hard. Both he and Lodge have almost the same BE. So I guess I need to think of which one is more likely to go close to and/or hit that this week to minimise my losses.

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 am

Mearcats wrote:If you could only offload one of Inglis or Lodge this week, who would you get rid of? I'm going to have to hold one as I need to get rid of Doughy...

Definitely GI. Lodge posted 33 in 37 last week, with a sore rib. A BE of 32 means he should still earn dough. Unlike Doughy.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 am

I am jumping on the Rein-train.

LCroker ---> Rein

Stops Croker from plodding along not making any cash.

Leaves me without backup in the halves but Maloney and JMK are travelling OK, just need to hope for no injuries.

Future trades:
    ItsLucky
    ItsLucky

Post by ItsLucky Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:53 am

Hi all,

I came across this forum only a fortnight ago and I've followed the conversation and input and I believe I'd really like to start being apart of the general discussion and put my input in as well where I feel it may be wanted.

First off, up the Broncos

and now my current team:

Cook
    Kikau J.Brom
    Arrow JFH Mcguire
    JMK Maloney
    Hiku J.Croker
    Nofa Ponga Thompson
    Macca Havili RFM Rein
    Isaako Kennar Gos Brown

I guess I'd like some feedback and thoughts on what I should do in the coming weeks - definitely ditching Kennar and isaako in the next two depending on performance

Look forward to the bants
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am

Mearcats wrote:

Have never been able to look at this kind of trade as one. Logic states that I should and it is definitely double counting but unless he either a) gets traded to a gun directly (which I don't think he'll make enough cash to be able to do) or b) goes to a cash generating cow, then I look at it as a double.

What I do like is your thought behind the cash and point balance. Lets say he does only make 198k. But he also makes 180 points over three weeks. Then it looks a lot more attractive. Problem is, I think he'll be more along the lines of a 45-50avg, giving a return of 117k and 135 points.

Those are pretty persuasive numbers - I really can't see Rein posting 60s a) at all and b) for more time than it takes for Peats to persuade the physio it doesn't hurt that much at all, really. Goosie looks a lot better in that context, particularly with R13 coverage.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 am

ItsLucky wrote:Hi all,

I came across this forum only a fortnight ago and I've followed the conversation and input and I believe I'd really like to start being apart of the general discussion and put my input in as well where I feel it may be wanted.

and now my current team:

Cook
    Kikau J.Brom
    Arrow JFH Mcguire
    JMK Maloney
    Hiku J.Croker
    Nofa Ponga Thompson
    Macca Havili RFM Rein
    Isaako Kennar Gos Brown

I guess I'd like some feedback and thoughts on what I should do in the coming weeks - definitely ditching Kennar and isaako in the next two depending on performance

Welcome Lucky! cheer

First up: Issako looks like a lot less of a problem than Nofa. With a BE of 55 and uncertain job security, he looks like a no-brainer trade to me. You don't need a lot of stash to jump up to DEdwards, or down to Guth/Mbye - both of whom would shore up your roughie halvevs.
    ItsLucky
    ItsLucky

Post by ItsLucky Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:59 am

Nofa was an absolute disaster choice, got him in like rd 2. I wasn't aware of his security -_-
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm

WT Winfield wrote:
    SI wrote:

I've tentatively done Issako to Capewell. 3 weeks would be great and hopefully by then there is one or two definitive Centre keepers I can upgrade to.

Everything I've read suggests he should get the 3 weeks. I missed him last year so looking forward to having him in my Trousers at last Very Happy

Feels a little early to jump off Isaako with his BE at 8 now.

Capewell should average 40+ at SR, but with a 36 BE this week he might not earn much over those 3 weeks. Around 100k with a 45 average or 75k with a 40 average.

WGraham looks to be 2-4 weeks so is a chance of not getting 3 weeks of Capewell starting SR.

Yeah, when I ran the sums I was a little disappointed. However, after Lichaa to Rein as well I now have 1.3 million in the bank so really trying to make some trades based on points AND cash.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:05 pm

*humble brag*
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 pm

@ ItsLucky. Welcome to the forum mate.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:12 pm

ItsLucky wrote:Nofa was an absolute disaster choice, got him in like rd 2. I wasn't aware of his security -_-

Don't be too hard on yourself, guy is an absolute gun. If his spot was secured I would have started the year with him.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 pm

ItsLucky wrote:Hi all,

and now my current team:

Cook
    Kikau J.Brom
    Arrow JFH Mcguire
    JMK Maloney
    Hiku J.Croker
    Nofa Ponga Thompson
    Macca Havili RFM Rein
    Isaako Kennar Gos Brown

Welcome mate. Like the team! I'd be punting Nofa too.

I think there's a few options out there which could be considered value at WFB or perhaps just good options. I'd take a look at Mbye, Gutherson, Rapana, Munster, Edwards as just a few guys that would be nice.

Which Brown is that too? if Lewis, might be nice to turn him into someone that makes some money at some point. Agree Kennar has probably had his day too.

Good luck!

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:16 am