NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28

Krump
    Krump

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28

Post by Krump Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 pm

SI wrote:

Please show the forum a Piccy of the latest bet you lost Krumpet Very Happy
    You think up a suitable avatar bet between us and if I lose it’s on.
    My god I’m a glutton for punishment
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 28

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi guys I'm travelling so this is my only chance to finalise my team for the weekend. I saw at the pub Niko may be out with a quad and Bird playing halves. What happened to Niko ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Brendos1er wrote:@SI Sorry, I'm a bit new here. Is the strategy we captain expensive players then immediately drop them after a bad week then trade them back in after a good week Ad nauseam?

Just trying to understand how to fantasy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Lol this guy standing on the rooftops and pissing down on everyone... i love it.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Just taking the piss mate!

I've got Inglis are you keeping him?

I think Scott will see a big uptick in fantasy scores from now on, I think he has the highest potential for points increase from where he is currently priced than any other CTR, it's still a punt but I want him in either this week or next

Next player.

Jordan Rapana?

I have Inglis and am doing everything in my power to get rid of him, I just cannot justify spending my bank on upgrading him ATM... It's annoying as hell.

I know all about the love for Rapa in these parts, he has 6 of his own emoticons FFS but I ain't buying what he's selling. I think for him to be scoring well not only does he need to be paying well but BJ needs to as well. That's how tied in those two are. So he can be having a gun game but Leilua is playing shit so it goes by the way side. Or Leilua is on fire but Rapa is having a feet for hands day. He also relies so heavily on attacking stats. With Ponga showing that he and Teddys practice of running past defenders and slapping their hands away as being the proven point scoring method, I can't justify a bloke that needs to able run hard and break tackles properly or score tries. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to watch him all day as he's a peach of a footballer to watch but I can get the same result if not more outta someone cheaper who has the kiss on the knob from the stats bloke.

Gutherson?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:

Please show the forum a Piccy of the latest bet you lost Krumpet Very Happy
    You think up a suitable avatar bet between us and if I lose it’s on.
    My god I’m a glutton for punishment

HOLY FUCK, done! If you have anything in mind let us know, otherwise I'll put my mind to it and come back to you later.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 pm

No Worries wrote:Hi guys I'm travelling so this is my only chance to finalise my team for the weekend. I saw at the pub Niko may be out with a quad and Bird playing halves. What happened to Niko ?

Apparently it's a Quad cork so if out only this week. I've been thinking about trading him but don't think I can this week.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Revraiser wrote:
    Brendos1er wrote:@SI Sorry, I'm a bit new here. Is the strategy we captain expensive players then immediately drop them after a bad week then trade them back in after a good week Ad nauseam?

Just trying to understand how to fantasy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Lol this guy standing on the rooftops and pissing down on everyone... i love it.

Brendo passive aggressive asked me a couple of weeks ago "at what stage do you decide Cam isn't a good Captain anymore?" or something similar. Well played mate, well played.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:48 pm

SI wrote:

Apparently it's a Quad cork so if out only this week.  I've been thinking about trading him but don't think I can this week.  

I'm thinking the injury is bullshit and after Bennett came out and said they were safe an excuse had to be made. I'm bringing Bird in for Isaako with the expectation he has a halves spot sewn up.
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Anyone else thinking of cashing out Inglis to George Jennings. They will score about the same amount, Gutho did not push him out of the team and Hayne's injury seems to be much longer term than first thought. Allows me to go from Doueihi to Fisher-Harris with 76K left.

Scracth that Hayne may be back by round 9.

Last edited by Buramada on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:50 pm

SI wrote:

Brendo passive aggressive asked me a couple of weeks ago "at what stage do you decide Cam isn't a good Captain anymore?" or something similar.  Well played mate, well played.

Haha yes its a good piece geek
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I have Inglis and am doing everything in my power to get rid of him, I just cannot justify spending my bank on upgrading him ATM... It's annoying as hell.

I know all about the love for Rapa in these parts, he has 6 of his own emoticons FFS but I ain't buying what he's selling. I think for him to be scoring well not only does he need to be paying well but BJ needs to as well. That's how tied in those two are. So he can be having a gun game but Leilua is playing shit so it goes by the way side. Or Leilua is on fire but Rapa is having a feet for hands day. He also relies so heavily on attacking stats. With Ponga showing that he and Teddys practice of running past defenders and slapping their hands away as being the proven point scoring method, I can't justify a bloke that needs to able run hard and break tackles properly or score tries. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to watch him all day as he's a peach of a footballer to watch but I can get the same result if not more outta someone cheaper who has the kiss on the knob from the stats bloke.

Gutherson?

Currently priced at 39 for someone who can bust out an 80 without too much problem I'd probably put his scoring problems down the horror start the Raiders have made to the season, chopping and changing halves and hooker combos surely can't be good for the backline

He averaged 49 and 46 previous 2 seasons, even when BJ produced and didn't 33 and 48, so I wouldn't tie his fantasy output down to BJ. I like Rapa to at least get back to low 40s, if not a complete turnaround to gun status if the Raiders settle on a halves combo moving forward

Love King Guth, Won't get him straight in at current price after the ACL surgery especially when 2 guys who we have been mentioning are priced lower and can score just as well.
    playing fullback he averaged 42 in 9 games, 5/8th 47 points, probably a bit closer thatn that shows because he was kicking goals when he was playing 5/8th and now Moses is there

Last edited by Welshy on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Brendos1er
    Brendos1er

Post by Brendos1er Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

SI wrote:

Brendo passive aggressive asked me a couple of weeks ago "at what stage do you decide Cam isn't a good Captain anymore?" or something similar.  Well played mate, well played.

In all seriousness, you clearly put a lot of thought into your decisions and you're doing better than I am, I just can't resist the banter Wink
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

No Worries wrote:
    SI wrote:

Apparently it's a Quad cork so if out only this week.  I've been thinking about trading him but don't think I can this week.  

I'm thinking the injury is bullshit and after Bennett came out and said they were safe an excuse had to be made. I'm bringing Bird in for Isaako with the expectation he has a halves spot sewn up.

Could very well be mate. I can see Bird and Milf clashing though to be honest.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm

SI wrote:

Could very well be mate.  I can see Bird and Milf clashing though to be honest.
    Bird used to go very well at 5/8th for the sharkies when he first burst onto the scene
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Buramada wrote:Anyone else thinking of cashing out Inglis to George Jennings. They will score about the same amount, Gutho did not push him out of the team and Hayne's injury seems to be much longer term than first thought. Allows me to go from Doueihi to Fisher-Harris with 76K left.

Gutho was never going to have a "direct" impact on GJ mate. Although it is interesting that he has maintained his spot with the fresh prince of bel air making way but I guess that comes back to Smiths value as a utility in comparison to Jennings. I'm not 100% sold on his security but at the end of the day allows another upgrade that I do like so I'd be ok with it!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Mearcats wrote:Ok, so further to my earlier line of discussion but the flip side of it... As Welshy knows, previous guns is a popular topic of debate for me. But in this instance I'm more interested in when to know whether a previous gun is ripe for the picking or simply expired and past its use by date.

Smith to start the year has already caught some people out obviously but what about guys like Gallen, Fifi, Lolo, Inglis et al? Do we see these players reaching a turning point in the season to make them justifiable and if so, what is that trigger for you? Or (probably in Inglis' case) are we at a point where they should no longer be considered in discussions regarding the elite echelon of players?

For all players it comes down to the same thing for me. Consistent role in the team. If we see a new guy burst onto the scene in a role that will see him scoring bulk points and I don't see that role changing(quality real life players like Murray, JFH, Brown last year) then I am happy to consider them keepers. With previous guns its a similar situation if they are in the same situation and role as previous years where they showed their best then I am happy to keep them/bring them in. If the role has significantly changed(less minutes, different defensive position(now defending 2 wide at C defender instead of A defender, being used as a battering ram on tackles 1 and 2 instead of off quick play the balls on tackle 3 or 4, not looking to offload) then I would consider them fallen and would need them to return to previous role to come into considerations.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Some gold on here tonight! I had some tongs in my hands when it was going down but enjoyed it very much.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Welshy wrote:
    SI wrote:

Could very well be mate.  I can see Bird and Milf clashing though to be honest.
    Bird used to go very well at 5/8th for the sharkies when he first burst onto the scene

He was tremendous, and even better with the illness he went through. I've just got a feeling him and Milf offer the same thing. Billy Moore has literally just said the opposite on 360-that he thinks the contrast will work, so what do I know, haha.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Is Murray in or out ?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 pm

LCroker > Scott
    Lodge > JFH

Thoughts??

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:39 pm