NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 17

Mearcats
    Mearcats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 17 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 17

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 pm

wolfking wrote:

Meercats, I'd love your view on my team and proposed trade ideas.

Hey @wolfking, more than happy to have a look over it for ya mate.

Seems to me that you have gone heavy on the cash making route. Sound strategy but it also means that you need to be a bit more ruthless when it comes to under achieving cows. At the moment I'd say that's Croft and Nicholls for you, with Havili being borderline (not his fault) and Carty and Lichaa on a watchlist.

All in all I like the potential of the team though I am not sure about your planned trades. To be honest A is probably the most appealing to me but that is going to leave you rather skint on cash. I can see your reasoning behind Doughy but others are concerned about his longevity. With the plethora of hookers that you already have I'm not sure Macca is urgent though he would be a real POD.

The best of both worlds would say that you go D. That gives you a good stepping stone to a gun in TPJ (would could potentially become a gun in his own right) and Doughy who if he only gets another three to four weeks will make an easy transition to a better option in your halves. It also gives Lichaa another week to see what happens there with the JMK NuBrown combo.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 17 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 17

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Hey Mearcats - you reckon it's worth burning a trade and Lichaa to grab JMK/Tanginoa/Robinson? Would be an 18-21 swap.

Out of the three @L-Jimmy I'd grab Robinson. All are risky (unknown half, winger and a guy not getting great minutes) but I feel Robinson probably has the most security what with Toops injury and he is playing at the Roosters who will find their feet soon enough.

Did you double trade first round mate?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Pain wrote:Anyone bringing in RTS?  

Yes, looks the goods, back to Roosters form again finally.

For me it is about getting to play combinations. I have collected the whole Warriors right side attack now and will play them every week.

SJ, Harris, Hiku, RTS
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Is it correct that if Thompson maintains 39 average he'll level around 600k??
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Loomer wrote:Is it correct that if Thompson maintains 39 average he'll level around 600k??

around 585k
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Failhub's stats centre is utter rubbish compared to previous season Vomit
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Hey @wolfking, more than happy to have a look over it for ya mate.

Seems to me that you have gone heavy on the cash making route. Sound strategy but it also means that you need to be a bit more ruthless when it comes to under achieving cows. At the moment I'd say that's Croft and Nicholls for you, with Havili being borderline (not his fault) and Carty and Lichaa on a watchlist.

All in all I like the potential of the team though I am not sure about your planned trades. To be honest A is probably the most appealing to me but that is going to leave you rather skint on cash. I can see your reasoning behind Doughy but others are concerned about his longevity. With the plethora of hookers that you already have I'm not sure Macca is urgent though he would be a real POD.

The best of both worlds would say that you go D. That gives you a good stepping stone to a gun in TPJ (would could potentially become a gun in his own right) and Doughy who if he only gets another three to four weeks will make an easy transition to a better option in your halves. It also gives Lichaa another week to see what happens there with the JMK NuBrown combo.

Thanks mate. Really appreciate the feedback. I thought I might have gone too much on the money making route, but i love the cash haha.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Loomer wrote:Is it correct that if Thompson maintains 39 average he'll level around 600k??

Multiple average by 15,000 for rough idea.

of course he won't score exactly 39 each week, so hope for another 60+ in a few weeks, and trade out when he maxes out from that
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:27 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:@Mearcats would love your view on my team.

CS9
    Arrow Lodge
    Murray Jurbo RFM
    Doui DCE
    Mitchell Isaako
    Ponga Turbo Thompson

Cook TPJ Carty Kikau

Havili Kennar Croker Katoa

I know Katoa isn't losing money but he also isn't making money and with a 21 man squad this year you need as much money coming in as possible. I have already made my two trades this week
    (Croft to Thompson and Lichaa to Cook) I have 111K ITB. Would really appreciate your advice on what to do with Katoa next week, this week, coming weeks. Maybe next week I can find someone underperforming (i.e. RFM, Mitchell) and double trade with Katoa to bring in the likes of Griffin, Hiku.

Cheers mate.

@StormTrooper96

Really similar team to mine mate.Loving the Smith/Cook combo, working out really well to start the year for me and really feel I dodged a bullet not getting Lichaa, Godinet, Havili et al. Only other guy I would've liked early was Griffin but didn't have the brass to commit.

As for how I think you can improve, I like the trades you have made this week. You maybe could've done without Thompson and gone Robinson due to the fact that you've missed some of the coin Thompson has already made but with a BE of -11 he'll still have plenty of rises in him if he keeps his spot. I too had Katoa to start the year and with him going down made the decision to offload him and bring in Thompson.

I think your best bet will be to keep an eye on some late changes this week and TLT next week for as to what to do with Katoa. Robinson may be a good option, there's another young fella at the Panthers that has been mentioned above as well. Then there is always the potential for another injury over the weekend. I personally would not (and will not) be getting rid of Latrell and RFM still has a few weeks to make some more money as of yet so persist with those guys for the moment.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Mearcats wrote:

@StormTrooper96

Really similar team to mine mate.Loving the Smith/Cook combo, working out really well to start the year for me and really feel I dodged a bullet not getting Lichaa, Godinet, Havili et al. Only other guy I would've liked early was Griffin but didn't have the brass to commit.

As for how I think you can improve, I like the trades you have made this week. You maybe could've done without Thompson and gone Robinson due to the fact that you've missed some of the coin Thompson has already made but with a BE of -11 he'll still have plenty of rises in him if he keeps his spot. I too had Katoa to start the year and with him going down made the decision to offload him and bring in Thompson.

I think your best bet will be to keep an eye on some late changes this week and TLT next week for as to what to do with Katoa. Robinson may be a good option, there's another young fella at the Panthers that has been mentioned above as well. Then there is always the potential for another injury over the weekend. I personally would not (and will not) be getting rid of Latrell and RFM still has a few weeks to make some more money as of yet so persist with those guys for the moment.  

Cheers mate, thanks for the advice. Maybe I can watch Robinson and Crichton (panthers) this week and whoever looks the goods can just straight swap for Katoa next week?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey Mearcats,

Any ideas with this lot. Everyone seems to be useful and making cash!

Smith,
    SST, Arrow
    Merrin, Carty, RFM
    Walker, Croft
    Aitken, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, Thompson

Cook, Griffin, Lodge, Rochow
    Kikau, Havili, Kennar, Nichols

66k and currently ranked 557, would like to get higher.

Have taken away my proposed trades to see if there's something new you can see.

Good to see ya back

Heya LB, yeah, nice to be back in the fold. Seems we have a fair few new guys this year which is awesome and with guys like MTB pumping out his awesome stats site, the usual mods in SI, Random etc continuing to maintain an awesome forum I feel the community is ticking along nicely.

I like the team mate. Good money earners with a sprinkling of guns throughout. God I wish I had've invested in Aitken over GI and Mitchell but the upside was just so tempting. Teach me for chasing ceilings instead of consistency.

Few points that I can glean early (and probably the only changes I'd make)...

SST - cut him lose mate. Either for bank and play Lodge/Kikau as your other FRF or do a double with Croft and grab Doughy and a gun.

The only other guys you needa pay attention to in the short term are Nicholls and Havili. I think Rochow will come good and Carty can linger (though watch closely) but outside of that you're doing well. A better start to the year than me anyways mate and early days yet so stress less.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Cheers mate, thanks for the advice. Maybe I can watch Robinson and Crichton (panthers) this week and whoever looks the goods can just straight swap for Katoa next week?

Hope it's not like the Abbey/Ponga decision from last year. Fui/MWZ aswell. On both occasions I chose wrong Rolling Eyes
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:37 pm

For the loophole to work, you would need Katoa to be in your Interchange, not starting 13 right? Can it be at any number interchange or has to be #17?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Heya LB, yeah, nice to be back in the fold. Seems we have a fair few new guys this year which is awesome and with guys like MTB pumping out his awesome stats site, the usual mods in SI, Random etc continuing to maintain an awesome forum I feel the community is ticking along nicely.

I like the team mate. Good money earners with a sprinkling of guns throughout. God I wish I had've invested in Aitken over GI and Mitchell but the upside was just so tempting. Teach me for chasing ceilings instead of consistency.

Few points that I can glean early (and probably the only changes I'd make)...

SST - cut him lose mate. Either for bank and play Lodge/Kikau as your other FRF or do a double with Croft and grab Doughy and a gun.

The only other guys you needa pay attention to in the short term are Nicholls and Havili. I think Rochow will come good and Carty can linger (though watch closely) but outside of that you're doing well. A better start to the year than me anyways mate and early days yet so stress less.

Cheers mate. Really keen on Murray so think I'll grab him. Or maybe even Taupau.
    Yeah the forum is ticking along really nice. Love the place!!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:44 pm

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate. Really appreciate the feedback. I thought I might have gone too much on the money making route, but i love the cash haha.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the money mate! It's a bit of a catch 22 though in that you need the money to get the final gun filled roster but by loading up on cows you gotta burn more trades than the bloke who has a few set and forgets in to begin with. In all honesty though, with a different format this year, so much player movement during the off season and only two rounds in, who can say who will and won't be a gun. Barring a handful of players, I am seriously reconsidering who I would call a gun based on last years stats.

It's a common argument that @Welshy and I like to have! Very Happy Razz
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:47 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Most definitely! That's the best plan. Neither will shift immensely (barring a monster score) this week. The only thing to be careful with is how long the panthers young fella will be around. I think Robinson will hold down that side while Toops is out, regardless of the avatar bet some of the boys have running on here.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I had such a shit week last week, I’m going to do what I never do. Ask for advice. I can’t believe the carnage from 826 to 641 with basically the same team.

I’m thinking Croft to Benji jnr, for coverage at FB and half, plus Papalli to Ese Ese. I think he’s the best of the Arrow, TPJ, EE trio. I’ll hang on to Lolohea as I reckon he will end up gold.

Leaves me with this;

Cook, McInnes
    Ese Ese, McGuire
    Murray, Fitzgibbon, Rochow, Griffin, RFM
    Cleary, Douehie, Cartwright
    Kennar, Aubbs
    Ponga, Benji Jnr, Thompson

Kikau, Havalli, Godinet, Lolohea

I know Aubbs is an absolute trap, but he can wait unless he doesn’t start, then I’m fucked as I have no CTR cover.

Thoughts ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Doughys job security scares me. So i propose this trade combo:

Croft > Murray via Carty
    SST > TPJ

Would either be considered sideways?

Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Cheers mate. Really keen on Murray so think I'll grab him. Or maybe even Taupau.
    Yeah the forum is ticking along really nice. Love the place!!

I have Kapow. Loving it. Between he, Cook and DCE my best three decisions so far.

My biggest regrets? Starting with both GI and Mitchell instead of cashies meaning I couldn't afford SJ. First year in 5 that I haven't started with him even though I KNEW that Green would make a difference. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

Do you think Havilli will score more points than Kennar and Thompson? If so you may wish to set your emergencies as follows, in case one of your other players is a late withdrawal

18. Havilli
    19. Croker
    20. Thompson
    21. Kennar

If Thompson gets a crap score then swap Croker and Kennar.

If you have Katoa in your 14-17, don't you just get your AE from #18 which is Havilli? Or is the AE comes from your highest ranked CTR/WFB in your EMG? In which case the swap makes sense.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:43 pm